Creature — Elf Druid
: Gain .
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Leaf Gilder Discussion
7 months ago
Week 1 Swaps
Opened 6 packs Lorwyn, replacements are in no particular order.
1 year ago
You probably are a little heavy on ramp considering you aren't playing anything over 4 mana. I'd suggest swapping out some Leaf Gilder for Dwynen's Elite or Silhana Wayfinder. In addition, Marwyn, the Nurturer and Wildborn Preserver synergize well with Collected Company. They could become difficult for your opponent to deal with very quickly.
1 year ago
This is not bad at all. I have a couple of suggestions off the top of my mind though...
First off, I highly recommend using custom tags to sort your cards. To do this, go into the "edit" mode where you can see your card list. It will look something like:
You can then add tags by using #Category after a card. For example:
1xArbor Elf #Ramp
This will assign Arbor Elf to the "Ramp" category. Unsorted cards are assigned to "Other" by default.
I recommend these categories;
- Ramp (Aim for 12-16 of these. A card that costs more than 4 mana is too slow to be reliably called Ramp)
- Draw (At least 12)
- Removal (Around 8, make sure you can deal with other commanders/creatures!!!)
- Sweepers (Boardwipes, Green doesn't really have many it's okay)
- Support (Stuff that isn't obviously powerful but makes certain cards in the deck busted. Examples are your equipment)
- Lands (Obviously. Aim for 34-37. This deck wants 34-36)
The remaining cards can be categorized based on the specific inner-workings of your deck. For example, this deck might have a "Big Bois" category for creatures that are just huge.
Depending on your sorting preferences, it can by okay to tag one creature with multiple tags. For example;
1x Thorn Mammoth #Removal #Big_Boi
Onto my Card Suggestions:
- Soul of the Harvest is nice for card draw and comes with a big smashy body + Trample.
- Arbor Elf and Elvish Mystic are fantastic replacements for Leaf Gilder and Druid of the Cowl , assuming you want to go for efficiency.
- Beast Within and Acidic Slime are super helpful for dealing with nonsense of all kinds.
- If you are willing to pay $1.50 a pop for them, Cultivate and Kodama's Reach are good additions and could replace Explosive Vegetation and Circuitous Route in a pinch. -Other really nice Ramp includes Rampant Growth , Wild Growth , Fertile Ground and Utopia Sprawl . Ramp is life. - Fierce Empath is cheap and very effective at finding your creature answers. I run it in any deck that likes to use specifically powerful creatures, AKA green ones, lol.
- These ones are a tiny bit janky and unreliable, but Ezuri's Predation , Whirlwind and Monstrous Onslaught are green boardwipes.
- Swiftfoot Boots . Assuming you really like haste and hexproof on a 12/12 trampler, it is worth having another copy of Lightning Greaves by a different name. Also, this card is hilarious: Fleetfeather Sandals
- Apex Altisaur can cause some havoc. Often, getting rid of your opponents' engine pieces is the difference between life and death.
- Surrak, the Hunt Caller is an overlooked Green Haste Boi who could do work in this deck.
- Silklash Spider just because I'm very used to going toe-to-toe with flying decks. Granted, that's just my meta, but Silklash still does work as a defender in the case of no fliers. Heck, you're still happy even if you don't see any fliers - you want a ground game in the first place!
- Yeva, Nature's Herald is CRAZY. She effectively also gives Ghalta haste, which is all kinds of sweet.
- Rogue's Passage . It doesn't even take up a nonland slot!!! Free VALUE!!!!
- Zendikar Resurgent because cards + mana = happiness
Onto the cards I would suggest cutting:
- Elixir of Immortality . Your deck doesn't ever want to be in a game where this utility would be useful. This card simply doesn't do much. You already have Eternal Witness and if you really want a late-game reload, try Creeping Renaissance or Seasons Past .
- Gigantosaurus is alright, but I'm not in love with a 10/10 with no abilities. I know, I know, he makes Ghalta cost only 2, but I still think there are better options. Trust me when I say a creature with some sort of utility is preferable here. Ideas include the aforementioned Soul of the Harvest , Primordial Sage or a fight creature such as Thorn Mammoth or even another removal creature like Woodfall Primus or Terastodon (sorry, I know these are all really high CMC). Generally, cards that don't have some sort of utility are just not going to save your life when things get ugly.
- New Horizons and Gift of Paradise could be replaced with faster ramp. For the sake of having creatures (for cards like Guardian Project and Beast Whisperer , not to mention Ghalta, Primal Hunger ), it would even be better to run Wood Elves , Springbloom Druid , Yavimaya Dryad , or Farhaven Elf .
- Diamond Mare just isn't relevant. Sorry, but if you are in a position where gaining a small amount of life matters, odds are any other good green card would have done more to prevent you from being in such a bad spot. Your deck wants to be the aggressor, and quite honestly your offense will be so scary that most opponents wouldn't even consider attack out of fear of provoking you and simultaneously tapping their defenders. It isn't uncommon for a Green deck to retain the highest life total for a long time without the need for lifegain.
- I think you have a few too many artifacts. Remember that your commander LOVES having creatures on the field, so finding ways to turn your artifact utility into creature utility will go far.
- Staff of Nin is very slow and could be something like Garruk's Packleader instead.
All things considered, you've got a reasonably strong lineup. In a broad sense, I would recommend finding ways to include creatures with utility, since Ghalta appreciates bodies on the board and interaction allows you to curb your opponents' shenanigans as much as possible. Additionally and as I noted, there are fairly budget-friendly ramp options for the deck that are purely faster. Remember to keep a close eye on your Ramp and Draw, as these are the lifeblood of a commander deck, midrange especially.
It is worth mentioning that I never go below 34 lands. 35, and 36 are usually safe, so if you find yourself land-starved just add like 2 Forests and that should help.
Overall, you've done a good job though. Good luck making edits and please feel free to contact me about further changes/advice. I LOVE deckbuilding and Green is one of my colors ;)
1 year ago
Your curve is very high and you need way more mana dorks/ramp. Low CMC options include: Elvish Mystic , Fyndhorn Elves , Boreal Druid , Birds of Paradise , Honored Hierarch , Orcish Lumberjack , Beastcaller Savant , Copper Myr , Drover of the Mighty , Druid of the Cowl , Golden Hind , Gyre Sage , Harvester Druid , Heart Warden , Hedron Crawler , Iron Myr , Leaf Gilder , Leafkin Druid , Sylvan Caryatid , and Lotus Cobra .
Prowling Serpopard would be good for making your creatures uncounterable.
2 years ago
I'm gonna give you a list of cards that I think are easy cuts, but before the I'm just gonna point out that Sage of Hours goes infinite with Ezuri.
AEtherize , Blink of an Eye , Crushing Canopy , Dissolve , Essence Scatter , Familiar's Ruse , Ghostly Flicker , Darksteel Ingot , Simic Locket , Rogue's Gloves , Propaganda , Wilderness Reclamation , Biomantic Mastery , Cultivate , Selective Snare , Whirlwind , Urban Evolution , Drove of Elves , Ezuri's Archers , Gladecover Scout , Heedless One , Lifespring Druid , Leaf Gilder , Jagged-Scar Archers , Masked Admirers , Thornweald Archer
2 years ago
$20ish Budget way to make Yisan very fast:
Add in Arbor Elf , Fyndhorn Elves , Wirewood Symbiote , Seeker of Skybreak , Temur Sabertooth , Priest of Titania , Elvish Archdruid , Boreal Druid , Devoted Druid , Great Oak Guardian , Autumn's Veil , Nature's Claim , Natural State , Caustic Caterpillar , Reclamation Sage , Desert Twister , Copperhorn Scout , Wood Elves , Somberwald Stag , Manglehorn , Marwyn, the Nurturer , Rishkar, Peema Renegade , Leaf Gilder , Heart Warden , Fyndhorn Elder
Drop out Taunting Elf , Verdant Force , Vorinclex, Voice of Hunger , Wild Beastmaster , Worldspine Wurm , Pathbreaker Ibex , Mycoloth , Kamahl, Fist of Krosa , Gyre Sage , Giant Adephage , Elvish Piper , Cultivator of Blades , Bramble Elemental , Avenger of Zendikar , Tooth and Nail , See the Unwritten , Triumph of the Hordes , Overrun , Overwhelming Stampede , Overrun , Genesis Wave , Explosive Vegetation , Zendikar Resurgent , Growing Rites of Itlimoc Flip, Umbral Mantle , Lifecrafter's Bestiary
Total of 26 swaps.
The switches lists speed the deck up and make it win through an easy and efficient combo, all fetchable by Yisan. The combo uses Great Oak Guardian , Temur Sabertooth , and Wirewood Symbiote . With these and enough mana producing creatures, you get infinitely large creatures or with 1 more mana, infinitely large creatures and infinite mana, and untaps which can be put into Yisan to fetch Caterhoof and give the team trample.
All together, the deck will also run enough early-game interaction like Caustic Caterpillar , Manglehorn , Reclamation Sage , Natural State , Nature's Claim , the already run Lignify and Acidic Slime , and catch-alls like Desert Twister and Yisan fetchables like Somberwald Stag .
How does this sound?
2 years ago
Hi! Looks like a good start to me! Here are some suggestions:
- Priest of Titania. This card is seriously broken.
- Elvish Clancaller. While you won't be using the second ability, a 2-mana lord is always good.
- Joraga Treespeaker is an excellent mana dork.
- Wirewood Symbiote is also rather broken. Bounce your Elvish Visionary to untap your Priest of Titania, drawing more cards and making more mana? Yes please.
- Growing Rites of Itlimoc Flip. Gaea's Cradle is very expensive; this is significantly less so, but also very powerful.
- Wirewood Lodge. Opportunity cost is tiny, and can net you so much mana when it's useful.
- Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx. Same as above.
- Song of the Dryads. Mono-Green has problems dealing with creatures; this card would be basically unplayable in any other color, but is very good here.
- Craterhoof Behemoth just wins games.
- Triumph of the Hordes. Same as above.
- Regal Force can draw tons of cards.
- Krosan Grip is just powerful utility removal. Should be in every green deck IMO.
- Door of Destinies makes your 1/1s into serious threats.
- Heroic Intervention can protect your board from targeted removal and board wipes alike.
- Prism Ring is just bad. You don't have any lifegain synergies, and it's just not worth the card.
- Blunt the Assault is also just plain bad. I don't think you need Fog effects, but if you do, simple Fog is probably better.
- Nevinyrral's Disk. You have a lot of creatures, and usually don't want to be wiping the board.
- Krosan Restorer. Good mana dork, but not an elf.
- Karametra's Acolyte. Same.
- Llanowar Mentor. This card is cute, but not that powerful in practice.
- Might of the Masses. Combat tricks are usually pretty bad in Commander, and this one is no exception.
- Wirewood Pride. Same.
- Presence of Gond. Unless you're going infinite (which you're not), this card just doesn't do much.
- Elvish Pioneer is a bad mana dork.
- Leaf Gilder. Same as above.
- Elvish Soultiller. It would be one thing if this added them to your hand, but just shuffling cards into your library isn't that powerful.
- Viridian Zealot. There are better Naturalize effects.
Hope this helps! Feel free to message me any time!
2 years ago
Nice Deck, I also love my Trostania as a commander. Some suggestions:
Also instead of some expensive Sorcerys you can go for more consistent token generators like Crested Sunmare , Darien, King of Kjeldor (Darien is insane when Trostani is out, add a token doubler and gg), Master of the Wild Hunt, Sandwurm Convergence, Legion's Landing or Tendershoot Dryad. Kjeldoran Outpost could also work well.