Whenever you tap a land for mana, add one mana to your mana pool of any type that land produced. (The types of mana are white, blue, black, red, green and colourless.)
Whenever you cast a creature spell, draw a card.
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Zendikar Resurgent occurrence in decks from the last year
Latest Decks as Commander
Zendikar Resurgent Discussion
1 week ago
It looks pretty good for multiplayer to me! My only comments: I'm a little surprised to see a few boardwipes; you're definitely going to be the aggressive creature deck and boardwipes are usually your enemy! I understand the desire to have a reset button in the deck, but I think maybe focusing on more spot removal for problematic creatures would be helpful. You could swap Wrath of God , Day of Judgment and Martial Coup for Swords to Plowshares , Path to Exile , and Banishing Light for example.
My other suggestion would be to take out some of the really high-cost cards like Zendikar Resurgent , Kindred Summons , and Doubling Season . There's not a huge counters or tokens emphasis with cat tribal and the value of Zendikar Resurgent is nice, but at that point in the game you probably just want ways to get around big things on the board or get in for that last bit of damage.
I'd recommend adding a few protection pieces instead. These get a bit expensive so whatever you can afford or proxy: Heroic Intervention , Wrap in Vigor , Teferi's Protection . Alternatively I'd replace the above with some good aggressive equipment like Stoneforge Masterwork , Hammer of Nazahn , and Maul of the Skyclaves .
Hope that helps!!
2 weeks ago
Heyoo, hope you don't find this weird. I was bored and just looking through the decklist you sent me 5ever ago. I had some thoughts on cards you might want to consider, just food for thought.
Overwhelming Stampede - awesome sorc, and you normally have at least 1 stupidly massive creature. 3 to 4 dollars.
Zendikar Resurgent - double your mana, draw cards for playing creatures, 4 bucks.
Stonecoil Serpent - not a hydra, but an X spell for you to double counters on later with vorel. I have one of these that you can just have, its like 4 or 5 bucks.
Courage in Crisis - counter on a creature and a proliferate trigger for 3 mana, pretty solid. trash common card super cheap.
Invigorating Surge - another super cheap instant, doubles counters similar to vorel's ability.
Solidarity of Heroes - same effect, more double trouble ;).
Inexorable Tide - proliferate whenever you cast a spell... pretty OP. 5 bucks.
Increasing Savagery - wowsa, that's a lot of counters, and ONLY A DOLLAR. nasty.
Bred for the Hunt - Draw cards for creatures with counters dealing dmg, cheap too.
Rampant Growth - great counterspell in these colors, worth considering since you cast really expensive spells. 1 doll hair.
Lazotep Plating - you probably have 10 of these lying around. way to protect your shiz.
Beast Within - staple removal in green.
Zameck Guildmage card draw dawg, card draw for counters. tight tight tight.
Its practically hydra tribal, get yo'self a Coat of Arms , I think you already have one in your binder.
If you decide to shell out on some cards, I think a few more expensive cards worth your while would be: Primal Vigor Branching Evolution Cyclonic Rift Rampant Growth - I have this in my Kenrith deck, its pretty great. Double Vorel's effectiveness with an equipment.
Alrighty, my rant is over.
2 weeks ago
It can often be bad manners to put silver bullet cards in the mainboard. Usually, you'd put such cards in the side and swap them in for games 2 and 3. I know a lot of casual playgroups don't play best 2 out of 3 though, so if this player is using that deck a lot and consistently winning off of a single card, they can't really be surprised if you include some way to answer it in the 60. That said, Duress and Languish effects are the kinds of answers that are extremely common in black anyway. I personally wouldn't bat an eye at seeing them here. Underworld Dreams and Fate Unraveler , definitely not so much.
What is the card in question, by the way? That will obviously affect what's an appropriate response. When I played modern elves, it was pretty rare to bother with drawing the deck when you could just dump it with Collected Company and Genesis Wave . But, from playing other green decks over the years, cards like Lifecrafter's Bestiary , The Great Henge , Vanquisher's Banner , Beast Whisperer , Soul of the Harvest , Primordial Sage , Zendikar Resurgent , Glimpse of Nature , and Regal Force are what come to mind. For the creatures, they would be easy enough to deal with given enough Murder s. For the artifacts, things are rough. Black really hates destroying artifacts, so the very weak Phyrexian Tribute was the best option I could find. However, there is always the nuclear option of running Extirpate or Surgical Extraction with discard to essentially lock a single card out of the game. These are very much sideboard cards though, so running them main has a good chance of drawing a negative reaction.
3 weeks ago
And so on and so forth. All of these basically win the game if not answered. Your enchantment definitely needs more power. I like the general idea though.
4 weeks ago
MLS91 As embarrassing as it is to admit this, I only noticed that yesterday. I’ve been playing this for a LONG time. Hahahaha.
That certainly make me want to look at Nissa, Who Shakes the World , Zendikar Resurgent , and the like a bit more since having a combo in the command zone would merit more ways of producing big(ger) mana so I can abuse it.
1 month ago
Since you are playing Tatyova, Benthic Druid what about Aesi, Tyrant of Gyre Strait . I dont know if you want the landfall ability in your deck but there are a lot more great inclusions to make in a simic deck. While being on this whole Landfall thingy, Pearl Lake Ancient works then very nice.
I think Reality Shift is not bad but Ravenform should be a better fit here, also there is Rapid Hybridization Since you are already playing big bad creatures what about a good ol' Hadana's Climb Flip Since you are short on removal what about big bad Terastodon , yes it will bounce back with your very flavourfull boardwhipe Whelming Wave but afterall, that's something good, so you can replay it ;) Dont underestimate the value of a Krosan Grip , Splitsecond can catch people on the wrong foot, interrupting combos.
Talking about Whelming Wave why not double down and put a Cyclonic Rift in there aswell? Or for flavour this guy: Kederekt Leviathan . Or something rather stupid: Aethersquall Ancient and since you are most likely to be behind on board i'd slam an Evacuation right in there aswell. And maybe even one River's Rebuke and a Coastal Breach even Inundate should be fine here.
Kodama of the East Tree seems like a good fit here, to cheat out some of the expensive stuff when you cast another one already, also works on lands. Something that works similar would be Imoti, Celebrant of Bounty . More on the topic cheating the mana cost, what about an Elvish Piper or a Quicksilver Amulet
Something protective is always good Thryx, the Sudden Storm
Your carddraw seems to be based on playing creatures with Garruk's Uprising and Elemental Bond (which is better in your deck because of it's Synergy with the tokens from Koma, Cosmos Serpent . But you can double down on that with cards like Guardian Project , Beast Whisperer , and The Great Henge . Colossal Majesty works similar to you but since you are ablte to include very high CMC stuff just slam a Zendikar Resurgent in there aswell.
Now to some more flavour which might not be good, but flavour you know? Kiora Bests the Sea God
and last something very special, you are already very high in CMC, why not double down and play a Keruga, the Macrosage , you can double down and play it as your companion, that'd be fun. You wont miss out on too much. A lot of it is also available in 3CMC like Disallow , Saw It Coming , Simic Locket or Search for Tomorrow Some cards have CMC 3 but you can still do stuff on turn 1 and 2 ;) but that's up to you and how much you want to go down that road of memes and shattered dreams.
Lands looks fine, but since you are able to untapp some lands, maybe use a Lotus Field or atleast a Castle Garenbrig . Since your Devotion can be very high at somepoint Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx but be worth it.
2 months ago
Sorry for the very lengthy reply. I just got swept up in this.
I've only played two games so my experience overall isn't going to tell me enough about how certain cards perform in various situations or if they're not synergizing enough with your strategy. I'm guessing you're on a budget. If your playgroup allows proxies, or money isn't an issue. Gaea's Cradle is always a great option in a deck that generates lots of token creatures, and you're already running Crop Rotation . The budget option to cradle though is Growing Rites of Itlimoc Flip. When I began my 2nd game playing this deck I was very concerned since one opponent was running Angus Mackenzie which usually just neuters this kind of strategy. I mean I lost that game for other reasons, but if it had dragged on I probably would need a lot of luck to have instant speed removal for Angus and enough power to alpha strike or I'd just lose to forever fog. That's certainly an edge case, but a tad more removal could be helpful to rid yourself of problematic creatures or other effects. Song of the Dryads and Kenrith's Transformation are a couple of great options. The only other creature that doesn't do something like fight that shot to the front of my mind to get around Angus was Questing Beast .
However, simply looking at the list and thinking about good options in general I would say the following cards should be considered for replacement:
- Colossal Majesty its a bit slow compared to other green card draw. Sylvan Library is probably the best replacement if money is no issue. Beast Whisperer is decent and you can tutor it. There are great one-time effects considering the swarm you usually have like Shamanic Revelation and Regal Force . Harmonize is always a solid option. Oakhame Adversary is usually getting through because of deathtouch and you can always leave him as a blocker. Depending on your meta Runic Armasaur can net you plenty of cards.
- Liege of the Tangle feels like you'd be better off with something that helps finish the game the turn it enters the battlefield for this much mana. Craterhoof Behemoth or something like that would be nice, but if you're content with the pump that you get from Kamahl then perhaps Bane of Progress would be nice to wipe the pesky artifacts and enchantments. God-Eternal Rhonas is another decent buff to finish with. Great Oak Guardian could potentially be a finisher with your ability to turn lands into creatures and Temur Sabertooth as a way to recast the treefolk again and again.
- Nylea, Keen-Eyed I feel like she is a decent card, especially since she is indestructible, but her activated ability is pretty costly for only digging 1 card. I would prefer Duskwatch Recruiter Flip for this kind of effect and if it flips it does the cost reduction. If you're after an indestructible creature here then Rhonas the Indomitable is great for the deathtouch as a blocker or threat, and his pump + trample effect. For other nice cost reducers there's Emerald Medallion and Rhonas's Monument .
- Curious Herd was a dead card for me in one of my games where I drew it. I ended up discarding it when I ended a turn at 8 cards in hand. I can see that it has potential in some matchups, but its is a bit meta dependent. Arachnogenesis would probably be an upgrade in many cases, but again meta dependant.
- Magus of the Order I was surprised when I saw this in my hand because I didn't realize it had been printed. 2020 was a blur. However, as it stands there were not a lot of great targets for this to go tutor into play. Avenger, Nyxbloom, of Baloths were the primary options to me since Leige needs to swing and connect in order to do something and wait a turn before the lands can attack giving opponents a chance to wipe your board (including 8/8 lands). Actual Natural Order would be preferable since it is less telegraphed, but still need better finisher, utility, value to tutor for. Craterhoof, Bane of Progress, or maybe something like Apex Devastator for all the silly cascades.
- Roiling Regrowth -> Harrow (generally won't get countered so the additional cost on cast of sacrificing a land is a minimal risk) or if you want a body Springbloom Druid .
- Bow of Nylea it certainly has its utility, but something like Ohran Frostfang may be better for the deathtouch buff and supplemental card draw.
Other cards to consider:
- Skyshroud Claim it doesn't have the option to cycle, but untapped lands can really help in situations where you've doubled or tripled your mana produced.
- Zendikar Resurgent is just a great card.
- Eternal Witness works great with Temur Sabertooth and is generally just a great card.
- Overwhelming Stampede just a nice alternative finisher to Kamahl incase he's too expensive to get back on the field.
- Kogla, the Titan Ape not a lot of humans in your current iteration to have his bounce ability be useful like Temur Sabertooth , but he's still another way to fight a problematic creature and he can remove an artifact/enchantment per attack.
- Champion of Lambholt with so many token creatures you can get this up to a point where your creatures are unblockable.
- Soul of the Harvest is another solid source of incremental card draw.
- Triumph of the Hordes is a nice surprise finisher, especially against someone with near-infinite life.
- Carpet of Flowers meta dependent, but excellent ramp.
- Elder Gargaroth beefy, and has useful options every attack.
- Bellowing Tanglewurm since Kamahl already can pump, this can help get your alpha strike in.
- Kamahl, Fist of Krosa can just be a fun deterrent to board wipes if you have enough mana available to turn your opponent's lands into creatures in response.
- Oracle of Mul Daya just amazing for landfall theme.
- Gaea's Touch is a budget friendly option to help put more lands into play per turn, but they need to be basic forests.
- Tireless Tracker a bit grindy, but nice way to spend mana when you have nothing better to do. Also the treasure token trigger Kodama of the East Tree to allow you to put another land into play.
Some combo suggestions:
- Quirion Ranger + Ashaya, Soul of the Wild to use the ranger's ability to return the ranger and untap any other creature that can tap for mana to recast the range and repeat for infinite cast triggers, creature ETB triggers for other permanents that care, and "landfall" triggers. Scryb Ranger can also work if your "lands" produce an additional green or if you have a way to give them haste like Lightning Greaves or Concordant Crossroads .
- Cloudstone Curio + Kodama of the East Tree to put a land into play, bounce another land, resolve Kodama trigger to put that land back into play and bounce the first land for as many additional lands you can play per turn. This becomes infinite if you have a permanent that generates any kind of token on landfall trigger.