Whenever you tap a land for mana, add one mana to your mana pool of any type that land produced. (The types of mana are white, blue, black, red, green and colourless.)
Whenever you cast a creature spell, draw a card.
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Zendikar Resurgent Discussion
3 days ago
I have an Omnath, Locus of the Storm deck that seeks to storm off by playing mana doublers and then play cards that become mana positive by that. With Nyxbloom Ancient in play, Skyshroud Claim becomes a ritual. This card could become one too, if you'd add another thing like Zendikar Resurgent. In that deck, I would play Untamed Wilds over Cultivate, probably. But I already play Beanstalk Giant there, and Search for Tomorrow, which are strict upgrades over Untamed Wilds in most green decks.
5 days ago
Why not have any cards that draw off playing creatures if you're playing so many creatures? Not even Beast Whisperer? There's also Primordial Sage, Soul of the Harvest, and Zendikar Resurgent for that. I also think you could really use Toski, Bearer of Secrets and Ohran Frostfang as well, the frostfang being especially good because it gives your creatures deathtouch, so you can cut as many of the deathtouch creatures as possible, such as Daggerback Basilisk, which is an awful card. Saryth, the Viper's Fang and Bow of Nylea are also good ways to give your creatures deathtouch without having to commit so many slots to creatures with that ability that do literally nothing else for you. If you're not concerned with budget, there's also Concordant Crossroads, The Great Henge, and Glimpse of Nature which would be great additions.
3 weeks ago
Played a bunch today and here is results of changes.
- -1 Apex Devastator to sideboard, moved to sideboard to swap out with blightsteel/eldrazi for newer players
- -1 Temur Sabertooth, removed due to the amount of cardraw available. I feel I would rather draw than bounce.
- +1 Blightsteel Colossus to maindeck, Blightsteel is a counter to my local playgroup. We've got a lifegain deck and one deck running Pariah and Pariah's Shield. Along with Akroma's Memorial and Finale of Devastation this is my nuclear option.
- +1 Bala Ged Sanctuary Flip, land and recurrence is very valuable.
- +1 Mirrorpool, ehh fine seems ok to drop a copy of a big creature that does something,, what's the worst that can happen? :)
- -1 Mana Crypt to maybeboard, don't have one is the only reason. If I can get one,, maybe?
- +1 Jeweled Lotus, replacement for mana crypt... Now let me tell you,, jeweled -> azusa --> lotus cobra --> two fetches --> Tooth and nail.. That was a quick game!
- +1 Maze of Ith, This is at tech, really aggressive in my area! There are some cases it's death to not have an air blocker!
- +1 Petrified Field, Testing it at this time, not sure how to abuse it yet
- +1 Momentous Fall, Does not feel as bad as I initially thought. Use this defensively often times.
- +1 Cryptic Caves, niche card testing it out. Turns your crucibles into three draw for 3 mana + land drops.. 3 mana draw 3 cards... seems decent
- +1 Thespian's Stage, what does it do? answer: yes
- -1 Beast Whisperer, I have enough creatures, but the costs are too high
- +1 Zendikar Resurgent, replacement for beast whisperer, has the potential to double mana while going off
- -1 Guardian Project, same problem as beast whisperer
- +1 Return of the Wildspeaker, another large draw effect to combo off of to replace guardian
- +1 Inkmoth Nexus, bad habits die hard, keeping one in deck for "that guy" at the table.
- -1 Field of the Dead -> maybeboard, only reason I'm taking it out is I don't own it. Dropping it into maybe board
- Vorinclex, Voice of Hunger is here to stay. When you go off with a large draw dropping him is amazing. He will give you enough mana to combo off and finish on the stop at times. He's also a good target for Natural Order.
- After drawing 10 cards and drawing into Rude Awakening,, it has a new place in my heart, seems to be a keeper
- Once I hit 25 basics, I think I can just win the game. The amount of basics should stick between 24-26 and 45 lands in total to facilitate the engines. If we're slightly under half I think we're good.
- Kodama of the East Tree was potentially good enough to combo off a large draw with vorin, need to test this more!
Thinking of Cutting:
- Beacon of Creation --> , requires more testing due to new landbase
Why the sideboard was added:
- Core creatures for swapping on the sideboard are Vorinclex, Voice of Hunger, Kozilek, Butcher of Truth, Kozilek, the Great Distortion, Blightsteel Colossus, and Craterhoof Behemoth.
- Each of these creatures fills a different role. voice of hunger is a creature to combo off with on a large draw or to slow down my opponents. Butcher of truth fills your hand then wins by sacing against a single opponent or threating multiple attack if they don't sac a specific permanent (politics yeeehhh). Blightsteel teaches people that lifegain decks don't work against green edh.... craterhoof teaches people that lifegain deck's don't work against green in edh (AZUSA SMASH!!)... please stop playing lifegain decks in edh... Great Distortion draws and controls the game if your ahead.
If I'm playing against my friends then these are great. If we're trying to include someone I will swap them out for cards in the sideboard and leave in a couple.
3 weeks ago
Did a bit of Brainstorming last night
Potentially Temur Sabertooth might be good in my playgroup due to the amount of removal and ability to setup.
Rude Awakening + Temur Sabertooth + Eternal Witness + 11 mana == infinite mana and bounce/infinite ETB. Temur Sabertooth, plus any of my ETB or cast cards gives a lot of utility including extra draw, recurrence, removal, spot protection from removal.
I think this card is worth a shot with the amount of mana I have available most times. For the sake of theorycrafting we have to try it!! Who knows maybe if I wanted to go the jank route this would make Vorinclex, Voice of Hunger, Helix Pinnacle or Aetherflux Reservoir viable as a non-attack wincon. Testing needed,, wanted to vorinclex in my collection anyways.
For classic wincons,
For creatures, I feel like I could hold a sideboard of 15 fatties on me and swap them in and they would all feel equally viable. That said Kozilek, Butcher of Truth felt irreplaceable and thus is getting a perm mainboard. Prevents milling, draws cards, threat/wincon, resets my deck, nice with Life from the Loam.
Vorinclex like I've mentioned before accelerates the deck and give me more time. It's more of enabler than a combo piece itself. Potentially Defense of the Heart might work here too if I hadd him. It would also open up potentially a new archtype if I went with Aetherflux Reservoir + Temur Sabertooth.
As for the draw situation, we could build around it or just go with the classics.
Adding Guardian Project to the maybe board along with Beast Whisperer. They're not as "fast" as the other options, but guardian often times is a Harmonize or better and beast whisperer is tutorable draw!
Some classics are: Garruk, Primal Hunter which is a "5 mana draw spell", Shamanic Revelation is another Regal Force that works with tokens! Rishkar's Expertise is another garruk that has a ~70% chance to hit another spell. That percentile is potentially amazing due to the composition of the current deck.
On the fringe for: Zendikar Resurgent, vorinclex slowing down opponent's in that slot feels better as a mana doubler, and I could just play Guardian Project earlier if I was after the draw. This card feels like it's in a weird place. Might turn out to be just an expensive harmonize. Momentous Fall, I don't know how I feel about this yet. Generally it says, 4 mana sac a creature draw 2-6 cards. Feels like a card I would play when I'm ahead, not to get ahead. That said I could say the same for anything else that is not an etb draw, regal, or harmonize.
Next step I guess is to make a couple "Packages" and see how they fit the deck.
1 month ago
Some Angel Suggestions:
Herald of War (should help speed it up)
Linvala, Keeper of Silence hatebear
Baneslayer Angel (always has been one of my favs)
Some more card draw and ramp
Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx (you have a lot of triple white)
A good Ramp package that should have you set up well to cast however you want (I use it in my UG list and I can pretty easily Finale of Devastation into a Blightsteel colossus)
Some Control options
2 months ago
You miss some of the best and most onbvious inclusions here: Ghalta, Primal Hunger, The Great Henge, Dig Through Time and Treasure Cruise all reduce their own cost. You can cast them for cheap but still get a high cmc cascade trigger. Kodama of the East Tree is also bonkers in my Imoti, allowing you to put 25+ lands into play untapped in a single turn, that’s especially great with Nyxbloom Ancient or Zendikar Resurgent. Also if you get your hands on a copy of Palinchron or Great Whale, you should consider them. It’s a free cascade trigger or they even ramp with a mana doubler/tripler or lands like Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx. Aetherflux Reservoir is a strong finisher, often giving 150+ life in a single turn. You could also easily reduce the amount of lands quite a bit if you include more ramp and card draw.
That should be enough for a first input
2 months ago
So if you want Zirda, the Dawnwaker as your companion (in the sideboard and always accessible to put in your hand for ), then every card you start with has to have an activated ability. If you just put him in the 99, then you don't have to worry about that requirement.
If you don't have Gilded Drake, I would take it out. There are lots of other ways to take opponents' creatures. While it has awesome value, I don't think it makes a $400 difference in your deck. I'd drop Lili temporarily and maybe put her in the maybe board for later when you can get her in. I'd look at adding more ramp. I really like Jegantha, the Wellspring with Kenrith. Something like Chromatic Lantern is a huge benefit in a 5 color deck. A budget option is Pulse of Llanowar, but not sure that will jive well with your manabase. Something like Kruphix, God of Horizons would help you carry over mana. Mirari's Wake and Zendikar Resurgent are one-sided mana doublers, like Vorinclex, Voice of Hunger. Good luck!
2 months ago
Ended up going with this (https://scryfall.com/card/usg/349/forest) and that (https://scryfall.com/card/usg/348/forest) as my new basics. Card Kingdom had enough in stock so that I could grab them all in one package. Am legitimately excited for swapping those out. Picking out basic land art is honestly one of my favorite parts of deckbuilding and finding some that "match" my commander gives me the same feeling as finding a cool combo or synergy. Thanks for the heads up on those!!
Ashaya is for target/all "nonland permanent" protection. Cyclonic Rift and stuff like that. Not something I have to deal with in games here at home, but something I'm sure I'd see in public games. Veteran Explorer is a bit weak, I agree. It was mainly a politics/group hug thing anyway. Debating cutting Spore Frog and Zendikar Resurgent as well due to it's high cost and the fact that Vernal Bloom and Nissa, Who Shakes the World do the same thing but for cheaper (the ramp part, anyway. Not worried about the draw part).