Enchantment — Aura
Whenever enchanted land is tapped for mana, its controller gains one mana of any colour. (In addition to the mana the land produces).
Printings View all
|Commander 2018 (C18)||Common|
|Duel Decks: Phyrexia vs. The Coalition (DDE)||Common|
|Eighth Edition (8ED)||Common|
|Battle Royale Box Set (BRB)||Common|
|Urza's Saga (USG)||Common|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Fertile Ground occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.03%
GWU (Bant): 0.99%
Fertile Ground Discussion
1 day ago
You could add some enchant lands that give you more mana per land tap such as Fertile Ground that would go well with the Destiny Spinner. This can replace the small elves that tap for mana and do the same thing.
1 week ago
Looks good! You might like these: Sram, Senior Edificer, Kor Spiritdancer, Eidolon of Blossoms, Satyr Enchanter, Ethereal Armor, All That Glitters, Sage's Reverie, Battle Mastery, Fertile Ground, Trace of Abundance, Market Festival, Dawn's Reflection, New Horizons, Generator Servant, Goreclaw, Terror of Qal Sisma, Dragonspeaker Shaman
2 weeks ago
Legendary Creature - Human Warrior Druid
At end of combat on your turn, untap all lands you control.
You may look at the top card of your library, and you may cast it if it's a creature card.
Beyond triumph, beyond victorious success, there lies a place of serene contentment that cannot be lost once reached.
What if Garruk retired and became a gardener?
First ability represents his gardening and is a callback to his original +1.
Second ability is from Garruk's Horde.
Flavor text is inspired by In Garruk's Wake.
Power is less than toughness because he put down his axe.
Bonus that he combos with Fertile Ground effects.
Repeat this challenge.
3 weeks ago
One thing I noticed with this deck the other day is focus...your commander is really good at tapping/untapping, and you seem to want to go voltron, so maybe focus in on that a bit.
One thought I had that could combine that a little is if you did Enchantment Voltron, you can maximize your land untaps by enchanting them with cards like Fertile Ground, make your creatures really large with cards like Ancestral Mask, and keep untapping them and protecting them with Estrid, the Masked. One note is enchantments are a bit more frail than equipment, and you don't have to go all-in on one or the other, but focusing means you can take advantage of some of the really strong cards in a given strategy, like the enchantress effects like Setessan Champion for a more enchantment-focused deck.
3 weeks ago
Hey, nice budget version of Sigarda. I like the new additions of Siona, Setessan and Calix. I would also add Destiny Spinner :)
You're honestly not too strapped for the budget because I see both Prismatic Vista and Fabled Passage which are two of the most ridiculous overpriced lands for what they do in Commander. You could cut Prismatic for Brushland which would give you $20 to make other upgrades. Could cut Passage for Hall of Heliod's Generosity which would give you $13 for other cards. Cards such as reprinted Idyllic Tutor, Dueling Grounds and Eternal Witness which is a big upgrade for Auramancer.
An upgrade to consider is cutting Life from the Loam and replacing it with Sterling Grove. Grove protects all the auras attached to Sigarda from targeted removal or it can be saced to tutor for any enchantment. Grove is good with Sun Titan. Path to Exile could be cut for Generous Gift or Darksteel Mutation and honestly even if budget wasn't a concern I would make this change.
Good luck with your deck.
1 month ago
Looks good! You might like these: Three Dreams , Auratouched Mage , Boonweaver Giant , Totem-Guide Hartebeest , Wild Growth , Utopia Sprawl , Fertile Ground , Mantle of Leadership , Flickering Ward , Rancor , Fortitude , Unquestioned Authority , Coalition Flag , Captured by the Consulate , Eidolon of Blossoms , Curse of Predation
1 month ago
This is not bad at all. I have a couple of suggestions off the top of my mind though...
First off, I highly recommend using custom tags to sort your cards. To do this, go into the "edit" mode where you can see your card list. It will look something like:
You can then add tags by using #Category after a card. For example:
1xArbor Elf #Ramp
This will assign Arbor Elf to the "Ramp" category. Unsorted cards are assigned to "Other" by default.
I recommend these categories;
- Ramp (Aim for 12-16 of these. A card that costs more than 4 mana is too slow to be reliably called Ramp)
- Draw (At least 12)
- Removal (Around 8, make sure you can deal with other commanders/creatures!!!)
- Sweepers (Boardwipes, Green doesn't really have many it's okay)
- Support (Stuff that isn't obviously powerful but makes certain cards in the deck busted. Examples are your equipment)
- Lands (Obviously. Aim for 34-37. This deck wants 34-36)
The remaining cards can be categorized based on the specific inner-workings of your deck. For example, this deck might have a "Big Bois" category for creatures that are just huge.
Depending on your sorting preferences, it can by okay to tag one creature with multiple tags. For example;
1x Thorn Mammoth #Removal #Big_Boi
Onto my Card Suggestions:
- Soul of the Harvest is nice for card draw and comes with a big smashy body + Trample.
- Arbor Elf and Elvish Mystic are fantastic replacements for Leaf Gilder and Druid of the Cowl , assuming you want to go for efficiency.
- Beast Within and Acidic Slime are super helpful for dealing with nonsense of all kinds.
- If you are willing to pay $1.50 a pop for them, Cultivate and Kodama's Reach are good additions and could replace Explosive Vegetation and Circuitous Route in a pinch. -Other really nice Ramp includes Rampant Growth , Wild Growth , Fertile Ground and Utopia Sprawl . Ramp is life. - Fierce Empath is cheap and very effective at finding your creature answers. I run it in any deck that likes to use specifically powerful creatures, AKA green ones, lol.
- These ones are a tiny bit janky and unreliable, but Ezuri's Predation , Whirlwind and Monstrous Onslaught are green boardwipes.
- Swiftfoot Boots . Assuming you really like haste and hexproof on a 12/12 trampler, it is worth having another copy of Lightning Greaves by a different name. Also, this card is hilarious: Fleetfeather Sandals
- Apex Altisaur can cause some havoc. Often, getting rid of your opponents' engine pieces is the difference between life and death.
- Surrak, the Hunt Caller is an overlooked Green Haste Boi who could do work in this deck.
- Silklash Spider just because I'm very used to going toe-to-toe with flying decks. Granted, that's just my meta, but Silklash still does work as a defender in the case of no fliers. Heck, you're still happy even if you don't see any fliers - you want a ground game in the first place!
- Yeva, Nature's Herald is CRAZY. She effectively also gives Ghalta haste, which is all kinds of sweet.
- Rogue's Passage . It doesn't even take up a nonland slot!!! Free VALUE!!!!
- Zendikar Resurgent because cards + mana = happiness
Onto the cards I would suggest cutting:
- Elixir of Immortality . Your deck doesn't ever want to be in a game where this utility would be useful. This card simply doesn't do much. You already have Eternal Witness and if you really want a late-game reload, try Creeping Renaissance or Seasons Past .
- Gigantosaurus is alright, but I'm not in love with a 10/10 with no abilities. I know, I know, he makes Ghalta cost only 2, but I still think there are better options. Trust me when I say a creature with some sort of utility is preferable here. Ideas include the aforementioned Soul of the Harvest , Primordial Sage or a fight creature such as Thorn Mammoth or even another removal creature like Woodfall Primus or Terastodon (sorry, I know these are all really high CMC). Generally, cards that don't have some sort of utility are just not going to save your life when things get ugly.
- New Horizons and Gift of Paradise could be replaced with faster ramp. For the sake of having creatures (for cards like Guardian Project and Beast Whisperer , not to mention Ghalta, Primal Hunger ), it would even be better to run Wood Elves , Springbloom Druid , Yavimaya Dryad , or Farhaven Elf .
- Diamond Mare just isn't relevant. Sorry, but if you are in a position where gaining a small amount of life matters, odds are any other good green card would have done more to prevent you from being in such a bad spot. Your deck wants to be the aggressor, and quite honestly your offense will be so scary that most opponents wouldn't even consider attack out of fear of provoking you and simultaneously tapping their defenders. It isn't uncommon for a Green deck to retain the highest life total for a long time without the need for lifegain.
- I think you have a few too many artifacts. Remember that your commander LOVES having creatures on the field, so finding ways to turn your artifact utility into creature utility will go far.
- Staff of Nin is very slow and could be something like Garruk's Packleader instead.
All things considered, you've got a reasonably strong lineup. In a broad sense, I would recommend finding ways to include creatures with utility, since Ghalta appreciates bodies on the board and interaction allows you to curb your opponents' shenanigans as much as possible. Additionally and as I noted, there are fairly budget-friendly ramp options for the deck that are purely faster. Remember to keep a close eye on your Ramp and Draw, as these are the lifeblood of a commander deck, midrange especially.
It is worth mentioning that I never go below 34 lands. 35, and 36 are usually safe, so if you find yourself land-starved just add like 2 Forests and that should help.
Overall, you've done a good job though. Good luck making edits and please feel free to contact me about further changes/advice. I LOVE deckbuilding and Green is one of my colors ;)
1 month ago
Spectral Searchlight is fun when you have a teammate since you can use it to give your teammate mana. At any rate I think it's better than Mana Prism. Pariah could be fun since you can enchant opponents' creatures with it.
You might like these too: Magus of the Candelabra , Fertile Ground , Market Festival , Captured by the Consulate , Silence , Pir's Whim , Virtus's Maneuver , Zndrsplt's Judgment , Imperial Mask , Capital Punishment , Torment of Hailfire , Exsanguinate , Overwhelming Splendor , Curse of Shallow Graves