Vorinclex, Voice of Hunger
Legendary Creature — Phyrexian Praetor
Whenever you tap a land for mana, gain one mana of any type that land produced.
Whenever an opponent taps a land for mana, that land doesn't untap during its controller's next untap step.
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
- Two Vorinclex, voice of hungers.
- how much to add?
- Does having Vorinclex, Voice of Hunger + Zendikar Resurgent give you two extra mana when you tap a land?
- How much mana do you get from a land when having Mana Reflection + Zendikar Resurgent + Vorinclex, Voice of Hunger?
- Vorinclex & Hokori untap land effect question
Recommendations View more recommendations
Latest Decks as Commander
Vorinclex, Voice of Hunger Discussion
2 days ago
Played a bunch today and here is results of changes.
- -1 Apex Devastator to sideboard, moved to sideboard to swap out with blightsteel/eldrazi for newer players
- -1 Temur Sabertooth, removed due to the amount of cardraw available. I feel I would rather draw than bounce.
- +1 Blightsteel Colossus to maindeck, Blightsteel is a counter to my local playgroup. We've got a lifegain deck and one deck running Pariah and Pariah's Shield. Along with Akroma's Memorial and Finale of Devastation this is my nuclear option.
- +1 Bala Ged Sanctuary Flip, land and recurrence is very valuable.
- +1 Mirrorpool, ehh fine seems ok to drop a copy of a big creature that does something,, what's the worst that can happen? :)
- -1 Mana Crypt to maybeboard, don't have one is the only reason. If I can get one,, maybe?
- +1 Jeweled Lotus, replacement for mana crypt... Now let me tell you,, jeweled -> azusa --> lotus cobra --> two fetches --> Tooth and nail.. That was a quick game!
- +1 Maze of Ith, This is at tech, really aggressive in my area! There are some cases it's death to not have an air blocker!
- +1 Petrified Field, Testing it at this time, not sure how to abuse it yet
- +1 Momentous Fall, Does not feel as bad as I initially thought. Use this defensively often times.
- +1 Cryptic Caves, niche card testing it out. Turns your crucibles into three draw for 3 mana + land drops.. 3 mana draw 3 cards... seems decent
- +1 Thespian's Stage, what does it do? answer: yes
- -1 Beast Whisperer, I have enough creatures, but the costs are too high
- +1 Zendikar Resurgent, replacement for beast whisperer, has the potential to double mana while going off
- -1 Guardian Project, same problem as beast whisperer
- +1 Return of the Wildspeaker, another large draw effect to combo off of to replace guardian
- +1 Inkmoth Nexus, bad habits die hard, keeping one in deck for "that guy" at the table.
- -1 Field of the Dead -> maybeboard, only reason I'm taking it out is I don't own it. Dropping it into maybe board
- Vorinclex, Voice of Hunger is here to stay. When you go off with a large draw dropping him is amazing. He will give you enough mana to combo off and finish on the stop at times. He's also a good target for Natural Order.
- After drawing 10 cards and drawing into Rude Awakening,, it has a new place in my heart, seems to be a keeper
- Once I hit 25 basics, I think I can just win the game. The amount of basics should stick between 24-26 and 45 lands in total to facilitate the engines. If we're slightly under half I think we're good.
- Kodama of the East Tree was potentially good enough to combo off a large draw with vorin, need to test this more!
Thinking of Cutting:
- Beacon of Creation --> , requires more testing due to new landbase
Why the sideboard was added:
- Core creatures for swapping on the sideboard are Vorinclex, Voice of Hunger, Kozilek, Butcher of Truth, Kozilek, the Great Distortion, Blightsteel Colossus, and Craterhoof Behemoth.
- Each of these creatures fills a different role. voice of hunger is a creature to combo off with on a large draw or to slow down my opponents. Butcher of truth fills your hand then wins by sacing against a single opponent or threating multiple attack if they don't sac a specific permanent (politics yeeehhh). Blightsteel teaches people that lifegain decks don't work against green edh.... craterhoof teaches people that lifegain deck's don't work against green in edh (AZUSA SMASH!!)... please stop playing lifegain decks in edh... Great Distortion draws and controls the game if your ahead.
If I'm playing against my friends then these are great. If we're trying to include someone I will swap them out for cards in the sideboard and leave in a couple.
3 days ago
Did a bit of Brainstorming last night
Potentially Temur Sabertooth might be good in my playgroup due to the amount of removal and ability to setup.
Rude Awakening + Temur Sabertooth + Eternal Witness + 11 mana == infinite mana and bounce/infinite ETB. Temur Sabertooth, plus any of my ETB or cast cards gives a lot of utility including extra draw, recurrence, removal, spot protection from removal.
I think this card is worth a shot with the amount of mana I have available most times. For the sake of theorycrafting we have to try it!! Who knows maybe if I wanted to go the jank route this would make Vorinclex, Voice of Hunger, Helix Pinnacle or Aetherflux Reservoir viable as a non-attack wincon. Testing needed,, wanted to vorinclex in my collection anyways.
For classic wincons,
For creatures, I feel like I could hold a sideboard of 15 fatties on me and swap them in and they would all feel equally viable. That said Kozilek, Butcher of Truth felt irreplaceable and thus is getting a perm mainboard. Prevents milling, draws cards, threat/wincon, resets my deck, nice with Life from the Loam.
Vorinclex like I've mentioned before accelerates the deck and give me more time. It's more of enabler than a combo piece itself. Potentially Defense of the Heart might work here too if I hadd him. It would also open up potentially a new archtype if I went with Aetherflux Reservoir + Temur Sabertooth.
As for the draw situation, we could build around it or just go with the classics.
Adding Guardian Project to the maybe board along with Beast Whisperer. They're not as "fast" as the other options, but guardian often times is a Harmonize or better and beast whisperer is tutorable draw!
Some classics are: Garruk, Primal Hunter which is a "5 mana draw spell", Shamanic Revelation is another Regal Force that works with tokens! Rishkar's Expertise is another garruk that has a ~70% chance to hit another spell. That percentile is potentially amazing due to the composition of the current deck.
On the fringe for: Zendikar Resurgent, vorinclex slowing down opponent's in that slot feels better as a mana doubler, and I could just play Guardian Project earlier if I was after the draw. This card feels like it's in a weird place. Might turn out to be just an expensive harmonize. Momentous Fall, I don't know how I feel about this yet. Generally it says, 4 mana sac a creature draw 2-6 cards. Feels like a card I would play when I'm ahead, not to get ahead. That said I could say the same for anything else that is not an etb draw, regal, or harmonize.
Next step I guess is to make a couple "Packages" and see how they fit the deck.
1 week ago
Nah, seems perfect as is! Keep it just like that.
...Kidding, kidding. I think Storrev, Devkarin Lich, Vorinclex, Voice of Hunger, and Ayara, First of Locthwain seem like safe cuts. Storrev's a little slow, Vorinclex is cool but I'm sure there's mana-doublers that fit better and you've got no shortage of big beatsticks in Elves, and Ayara's a bit mana-intensive for an effect that's not super-strong and only gonna proc off maybe half your deck.
3 weeks ago
Some Angel Suggestions:
Herald of War (should help speed it up)
Linvala, Keeper of Silence hatebear
Baneslayer Angel (always has been one of my favs)
Some more card draw and ramp
Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx (you have a lot of triple white)
A good Ramp package that should have you set up well to cast however you want (I use it in my UG list and I can pretty easily Finale of Devastation into a Blightsteel colossus)
Some Control options
3 weeks ago
Quite a large update. The printing of Yavimaya, Cradle of Growth called for some re-evaluations. I could include more utility lands in the deck and minimal cost due to its effect. Also due to all lands able to be forests, it allows for more mono green hyper mana shenanagins.
1 month ago
So if you want Zirda, the Dawnwaker as your companion (in the sideboard and always accessible to put in your hand for ), then every card you start with has to have an activated ability. If you just put him in the 99, then you don't have to worry about that requirement.
If you don't have Gilded Drake, I would take it out. There are lots of other ways to take opponents' creatures. While it has awesome value, I don't think it makes a $400 difference in your deck. I'd drop Lili temporarily and maybe put her in the maybe board for later when you can get her in. I'd look at adding more ramp. I really like Jegantha, the Wellspring with Kenrith. Something like Chromatic Lantern is a huge benefit in a 5 color deck. A budget option is Pulse of Llanowar, but not sure that will jive well with your manabase. Something like Kruphix, God of Horizons would help you carry over mana. Mirari's Wake and Zendikar Resurgent are one-sided mana doublers, like Vorinclex, Voice of Hunger. Good luck!
1 month ago
Ok thanks. So first I have 38 lands
Misty Rainforest Scalding Tarn Rustvale Bridge Slagwoods Bridge Drossforge Bridge Darkmoss Bridge Forbidden Orchard Razortide Bridge Silverbluff Bridge Savai Triome Yavimaya, Cradle of Growth Thornglint Bridge Tanglepool Bridge Forest x5 Island x5 Mountain x5 Swamp x5 Plains x5
Creatures x22 Opposition Agent Ignoble Hierarch Esper Sentinel Dauthi Voidwalker Ragavan, Nimble Pilferer Seedborn Muse Faeburrow Elder Deathrite Shaman Dryad of the Ilysian Grove Eternal Witness Spore Frog Willbreaker Pramikon, Sky Rampart Wandering Archaic Flip Golos, Tireless Pilgrim Queen Marchesa Shalai, Voice of Plenty Gwafa Hazid, Profiteer Plaguecrafter Sun Titan Vorinclex, Voice of Hunger Nihiloor
1 month ago
I am working on an eldrazi colourless list that may help for some suggestions for tutors and removal: In The House of R'lyeh...
If you are wanting removal and ramp and wanting to stay away from colourless, try going black green then or blue green. I have a blue green list that ramps like crazy, I don't play as many eldrazi cards in it but blue still gives you some removal in bounce spells and counter spells to protect your guys.
Reasons for green:
all the above are amazing for ramp
Whether you go blue or green is up to you
Blue green: counter spells, draw spells, and Cyclonic Rift (this is my Blue green list, I would suggest running Kruphix, God of Horizons as your general over Zegana who I just use to refill my hand around Turn 5-8 to push me over to winning: Nature's Revenge, TO is not recognizing it but it should be on my page)
Green black: kill spells, better tutors, reanimation (go Meren of Clan Nel Toth as your general maybe? I can offer advice on how to build that, my uncle has a pretty good Meren list)