|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Iconic Masters (IMA)||Common|
|Promo Set (000)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Counter target spell. Scry 1. (Look at the top card of your library. You may put that card on the bottom of your library.)
3 days ago
Wow, a wall of text with potentially useful advice.
"is not really needed since most cards are instants and can be cast immediately after attacking with Narset."
A simple Manalith would aid in getting out Narset. As it stands, you will only be able to get Narset on turn 6, assuming you don't miss a land drop.
- You have no haste granting cards, so your strategy will only take off on turn 7 if you are lucky and nobody plays an Edict effect..
- Most people can gain a significant advantage by turn 7 if all goes well. No amount of counters can stop 3 opponent's from building their boards. You'll be a sitting duck most of the time.
There is a reason almost all commander decks run a Sol Ring . The faster you can play your strategy, the more likely you are to win.
"unless they are instant cards i don't really need them."
- Chemister's Insight is strictly better than Inspiration . There is no reason you cannot use both, but Chemister's Insight has far more utility.
- Counterspell , Archmage's Charm , Sinister Sabotage , Thought Collapse , and Dissolve are all strictly better than Cancel , and those are the cheap $$$ counters.
- Lightning Bolt and Skewer the Critics are strictly better than Lightning Strike and Wizard's Lightning especially considering you don't have any wizards.
- Your deck runs Lifelink . The card itself is cheap, but by the time your Commander is out, cost shouldn't be a consideration. Cards like Daybreak Coronet and Steel of the Godhead provide you with far more utility.
Questionably, you are running Artificer's Epiphany with only one artifact in the deck.
- You are running 11 counters as control. Those 11 counters won't do you any good with Narset unless you plan to counter your own spells. Running cards like Disperse keeps stuff off the field and will be still be useful if you happen to exile it later on.
Your burn spells won't do much against larger creatures either.
"this is not a budget deck. budget, mana or money, is not a priority. if it somehow is then it is merely a coincidence."
- I'm not sure what you're trying to say here, but I feel the need to advise you that:
- Your mana base does, in fact, matter.
- You have far better options for cards.
- The only reason to play this deck as it is, is if you were on a budget. If you are not, then you can certainly replace the cards with better versions.
2 weeks ago
Yo, its rad you want to play competitive, but why are you tagging a "It's still in its infancy and definitely a work in progress - suggestions are more than welcome!" deck as competitive? Almost as bad as people that tag their decks with primers and have 3 sentences.
First, rocks. Mana Crypt Chrome Mox Mox Diamond Mana Vault Talisman of Dominance and other color talismans. If you can't go faster than your opponent, they will simply win first. There's a reason almost every competitive commander deck runs these cards
Second, remove non-essential garbage cards. Why do you run Proper Burial ? Anything that doesn't actively help you win but rather sustains a game is (usually) a bad card. Anything that costs >5 mana you should also consider cutting because its either bad or you can do it for cheaper, Sepulchral Primordial Agent of Treachery Rise of the Dark Realms etc. As we talked about earlier with rocks, competitive EDH goes REAL fast, so you won't get to 9 mana to cast your big spell (that doesn't even win on resolution) without fast mana, which you don't run.
Third, replace bad interaction with cheaper more reliable interaction. Render Silent is pretty cool but it costs 3 mana for a counterspell, and it is extremely color intensive. Dissolve is also 3 mana and that simply doesn't cut it in competitive. Look at Dispel Swan Song Force of Will Pact of Negation Force of Negation Mana Leak Spell Pierce . Also look at your removal, Merciless Eviction is cool and flexible but not a competitive card, because it costs 6 mana to wipe. You should consider running better targeted removal too, like Doom Blade and Fragmentize
TL;DR Replace high mana cost cards with lower ones to reduce amount of dead cards in hand at all points of game.
1 month ago
1 month ago
If you want to play control, i would cut Dragon's Hoard as you have only 10 possible triggers.
You only have two Counterspells and need more draw.
Countersquall , Mana Leak , Logic Knot are good Counterspells. Maybe Cryptic Command . Stubborn Denial with Dragons out there is another good non-creature Counter. Dissolve for Counter and Filter. For Draw Glimmer of Genius with Aether Hub ?? or Archmage's Charm for Counter or draw? Search for Azcanta Flip for filtering and cardsearching?
1 month ago
Nice deck! The artifact theme feels really strong all through the deck.
2 months ago
Vendilion Clique is a great card to flicker or bounce. Also Iona is pretty expensive and it's hard to imagine a game where you would cast a 9-mana spell. Also Wrath of God is a better Day of Judgement, and if you consider adding Cloudshift to your deck, Ephemerate will get you more value as it has rebound. Cancel isn't a good card, you should either replace it with Cryptic Command , Logic Knot , or even Dissolve .
3 months ago
3 months ago
Coat of Arms would be a fun addition to this deck. Dissolve is a fun counter spell. Elixir of Immortality has the ability to shuffle your graveyard back into the deck. Sphinx Ambassador and Inspired Sphinx are good additions to this deck, as is Rescuer Sphinx . If you want some inspiration, check out my own Sphinx tribal deck ^^
Dissolve occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.03%