Soul of the Harvest
Creature — Elemental
Whenever another nontoken creature enters the battlefield under your control, you may draw a card.
|Want (2)||sedhyran72 , MDSW9|
Printings View all
|Explorers of Ixalan (EO2)||Rare|
|Commander Anthology (CM1)||Rare|
|Welcome Deck 2016 (W16)||Rare|
|Commander 2014 (C14)||Rare|
|Avacyn Restored (AVR)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Soul of the Harvest Discussion
1 week ago
Cards I Have For You:
2 weeks ago
Does incredible work with Mana Echoes, pair with any X spell.
Free cantrips with Glimpse of Nature, fantastic with multiples. This was the basis of a legacy deck, here's a link https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/508428#paper It is a deprecated deck, but it is probably 1 or 2 printings from a spicy return, and should be looked at in any serious discussion of kobolds
Huge ramp with Gaea's Cradle
Wombo combo with Essence of the Wild for beatdowns
Just because you can't think outside the box doesn't mean they are terrible cards. It took me five minutes to find these combos and this deck, probably less time than it took to write your article.
Kher Keep is not a bad card. Instant speed token creation has lots of uses, especially blocking in EDH. Being on a land means it is extremely hard to interact with. Off the top if my head, it can be useful for creatures in a Polymorph style deck, or any deck that doesn't want to slot creature cards in the deck.
2 weeks ago
Hey zuharran thanks for the suggestions! I'll go over what I think of them:
Mana Dorks: I actually like them, you can draw off of them with cards like Regal Force, Soul of the Harvest and Beast Whisperer. Plus, they add to Ashaya's power! I will put in Arcane Signet though, it's to good to pass up.
Board Wipes: I'll definitely put in Boompile. Thanks!
I'll add in The Great Henge and Guardian Project, but personally, I this deck already has a lot of draw power. From Horn of Greed being a discount Beast Whisperer to Regal Force drawing you an obscene amount of cards, this deck can draw cards. But I think you're right, I'll put in some more non-creature based draw power.
Unfortunately, while the deck isn't super budget, those cards have spiked a lot recently, and I'm on a student's budget (very little), so those cards are out my price range. I just have to settle for cards like Shared Summons and Yisan, the Wanderer Bard.
Again, thank you so much for the suggestions. If I could upvote your deck twice, I would. Happy Tapping!
2 weeks ago
1 month ago
Garruk's Uprising has been one of my favorite new cards in a while. At 3 mana it comes down early, and can draw you a card immediately as long as you have a beater out which makes it good at any stage of the game. Then it gives you that incremental value that plays with your big guys pretty well since they're all HUGE. All that and the fact it also gives trample is almost too easy to include. Basically a strictly better Elemental Bond and it's been really good for me.
On another note, I agree with you about Warstorm Surge. I've always found it to be a little too slow for my tastes and I always would rather just play a big beater to be honest. Terror of the Peaks has been such an overperformer since I decided to put it in, and I'm seriously considering dropping warstorm for something like Defense of the Heart.
Elder Gargaroth is another one that's been really fun to play around with. I'm almost thinking it would be a better Soul of the Harvest. I'm a sucker for drawing cards, and Gargaroth is super busted, especially when you double its power and give it haste. Basically guarantees that you at least get to attack and draw when you first play it, and that it's big enough that it's unlikely to die to blockers unless your opponents want to go out of their way to kill it. The other effects are just gravy, and the fact that it can draw when it attacks or blocks, AND has vigilance makes this thing another wall of text like Kogla, the Titan Ape and Questing Beast.
Grothama, All-Devouring is a fun include, cause it can be sort of political if you need it to be, or just a 20/18 beatstick. I normally treat it as a draw spell for myself though. You can play her, pump one of your other creatures, and swing it at Grothama to draw a crazy amount or sac it to Greater Good. You could also play it right before you drop something like a Blasphemous Act to draw 13 cards or even hit a fat Traverse the Outlands.
1 month ago
I mean Soul of the Harvest and yeah I had the OG kozilek. Dont know why I took him out. And how about natural order? It doesn't hit the two big eldrazi but I can tell you it feels real good to natural order my general on t3 and smash a terrastadon
1 month ago
Ashaya, Soul of the Wild is better than you think. I promise you, it's better.
You think a 5 mana creature variant of mono-green Cryptolith Rite that is massive is all? Nope.
First off it's bigger than massive, like, a lot bigger. It is monstrous in many decks. Ever seen a lot of lands and creatures out? I see a 40/40 Ashaya. I wonder if Selvala, Heart of the Wilds, Soul's Majesty, Rishkar's Expertise, Traverse the Outlands, or Overwhelming Stampede would be good?
But even in a deck where it isn't that big, Ashaya is REAALLLLLLY good.
Not to mention... combos. Oh yeah, so... Quirion Ranger is an interesting card. It lets you bounce a forest to untap a creature.
Yep, just those two go infinite together, only infinite casts, as you net even, but a Glimpse of Nature, Beast Whisperer, Primordial Sage, or Soul of the Harvest and you'll be just fine. Remember, it's a land that keeps entering, landfall infinitely, with a Lotus Cobra, Tireless Tracker, or similar, and you'll be well on your way to an easy win.
Have a Priest of Titania? Now you have infinite mana.
(Scryb Ranger can do similarly, another super easy combo)
Also, remember you can run Oblivion Stone, and all the rest too.
That's a lot of damage. Not to mention:
This card can be both a powerful commander or mana ramp/combo engine in decks.
Titania, Steward of Argoth and other lands -> creatures style effects (think Rampaging Baloth) allow you to get a to get a ton of value from your creatures, reusing them for 4/4s and 5/3s.
Liege of the Tangle. Easy, clean reason why this card is hilariously fun!
You can Leyline of Abundance for more value too, didn't mention that. Was gonna click start a new thread and just thought of it. Gonna click it now before I think of ten more!
1 month ago
- Card draw:
- Sylvan Library : Card draw.
- Elvish Visionary : Cheap, cantrip, shaman.
- Mosswort Bridge : Pseudo cantrip.
- Growing Rites of Itlimoc Flip : Pseudo cantrip. Flip = better Gaea's Cradle.
- Blighted Woodland : Comes into play untapped. Ramp card mid-lategame.
- Path of Ancestry : Potential card filter.
- Strip Mine : Utility land.
- Gingerbread Cabin : Forest with minor upside. No reason not to play it in mono green.
- Fauna Shaman : Tutor, shaman.
- Noxious Revival : Manaless. Allows another shot for wincons.
- Scavenging Ooze : Manasink. graveyard disruption.
- Card draw:
- Lifecrafter's Bestiary : Card draw.
- Beast Whisperer : Green conditional card draw.
- Guardian Project : Green conditional card draw.
- Runic Armasaur : Card draw (meta dependent).
- Compost : Card draw (meta dependent).
- Sakura-Tribe Scout : Early game shaman. Mana acceleration.
- Genesis Wave : Pseudo card advantage.
- Arch of Orazca : Card draw.
- Win more:
- Myojin of Life's Web : Too expensive. Very likely that you do not have enough cards in hand to make this worthwhile lategame.
- Patron of the Orochi : Quest for Renewal is cheaper.
- Gigantomancer : Cute, but 8 mana is too much for this kind of effect.
- Archetype of Endurance : Win more card. No real synergy. Asceticism Is better (although also not recommended).
- Trolls of Tel-Jilad : This is a bad card.
- Soul of the Harvest : Beast Whisperer / Guardian Project, cheaper. Almost same effect.
- Sakiko, Mother of Summer : Too expensive. Doesn't do enough for mana cost.
- Sage of Ancient Lore Flip : Very likely that you do not have enough cards in hand to make this worthwhile mid-lategame.
- Wildheart Invoker : This is a bad card.
- Sakura-Tribe Springcaller : This is a bad card.
- Loaming Shaman : Not enough card draw that allows you to get your desired cards in you hand.
- Essence Warden : This is a bad card.
- Vines of Vastwood : Very situational card.
- Squall Line : Not very good card. Situational.
- Krosan Grip : Expensive situational removal.
- Gilded Lotus : Unnecessary ramp.
- Tranquil Grove : Unless your meta plays a lot of enchantments, not really necessary. Otherwise, recommmend Back to Nature instead.
- Beastmaster Ascension : Your creatures are not big enough for this to work consistently.
- Spidersilk Armor: No tutors, not enough card draw to obtain it. Unreliable flyer prevention. Silklash Spider Will hold off flyers with tutors.
Staple cards are cards I recommend obtaining and using, since they are almost always good cards to have in any green deck. The rest is up to preference and should be taken with a grain of salt. I hope I could be of some use to you.