Artifact Creature — Construct
: Add to your mana pool. ( represents colourless mana.)
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Hedron Crawler Discussion
2 weeks ago
Hey there! Ramping can be quite difficult in colorless, and while you have some wonderful ramp rocks, I'd recommend a few others as well! I'd recommend cutting a few eldrazi or things you can spare, since there's no use in filling your hand with huge spells if you can't cast them!
- Thran Dynamo / Sisay's Ring : Both pretty simple, but they can be used as soon as they're out and from then on can easily provide a source of mana to cast more things, much like Hedron archive.
- Forsaken Monument : INSANELY ramps, and while it may cost a bit of mana, this can make all your lands, and most of your ramp essentially double, allowing you to cast a TON more spells much faster. It even buffs the eldrazi, and gains you life you may have lost in earlier turns.
- Palladium Myr / Hedron Crawler : These guys may not seem like the best, but you have very few cheaper blockers, and you thus may get killed before you can cast big things. You can block big creatures with these, in addition to using them for ramp, so you can cast bigger spells.
- Crystal Vein : Easily provides colorless, the only source you need, and offers more if you chose to sac it, putting you one turn ahead in casting some big eldrazi!
- Ugin, the Ineffable : Costs quite a bit, but makes ALL the eldrazi (and most ramp spells) cost 2 less, greatly reducing their cost.
- Mind Stone : A great, cheap, colorless source that can help you ramp, putting you one turn ahead, as well as offering card draw if necessary!
The next few may OR may not be out of your budget, so here they are if you haven't heard of them:
- Ancient Tomb : great ramping land, providing 2 colorless at the expense of just 2 life- this is great from early turns and can help you ramp into more ramp so you can cast big spells much faster.
- Urza's Incubator : You could name eldrazi, and essentially do what Ugin did as mentioned above for half the cost in mana. This could really be a great ramp spell and costs very little mana.
- Mana Vault : Even if you just use it once this can put you WAY ahead in the game, 3+ turns to be exact.
- Mana Crypt : costs no mana, ramps you just as good as something that costs 3 mana. Its pricey, but very, very, very powerful.
Hope this helps! Be sure to check out some of my decks, and drop an upvote if you'd like! Good luck on the deck- cheers!
Edit: some cuts I recommend are 2 of the all is dusts, both karns (they're fun, but not worth it), and possibly 2 of the thought-knot seers as long as you'd be adding some of the blockers mentioned above.
2 months ago
2-drop mana dorks like Iron Myr , Gold Myr , Manakin , Hedron Crawler , Plague Myr , Wily Goblin , and Magda, Brazen Outlaw seem good with Winota since they get her out faster, and then once she's out they can attack to trigger her ability.
3 months ago
You might consider these: Colossus Hammer , Ogre's Cleaver , Armored Skyhunter , Stonehewer Giant , Gold Myr (2-drop ramp gets Balan out a turn faster, increasing your damage output. personally I'd pull out 9 lands and replace them with ramp pieces), Mind Stone , Sol Ring , Everflowing Chalice , Guardian Idol , Hedron Crawler , Mask of Memory , Argentum Armor , War Room , Bonders' Enclave , Buried Ruin , Cathedral of War
5 months ago
Your only way to cast Thought-Knot Seer and Reality Smasher is Blight Herder right now, which means you're casting 4 and 5 drops on turn 7 at the earliest. I'd add in some lands that create colorless mana. The first ones that stand out looking at it are Corrupted Crossroads and Unclaimed Territory, but you'll need to look through other options.
Your curve also doesn't really start till 3, so I'd add in more 1 and 2 mana spells. Probably removal and discard, look at things like Heartless Act and Thoughtseize. You might also consider Hedron Crawler, which both ramps and provides the colorless mana, but its a weak card in general and might not be good enough.
I'm confused by the Unsummon, Necromentia, Unmoored Ego, and the Ashiok. Your deck generally wants to play a creature on each turn from 3 to 6 so you can kill creatures and then win the game. If you're spending mana casting cards to tear apart your opponent's deck, you're not winning the game. If you want more ways to exile cards, try something like Soul-Guide Lantern or Cling to Dust to help fill out your curve and give you some more utility. You can run the big exile cards in the sideboard for combo matchups. I like the deck.
6 months ago
8 months ago
You might like these: Haazda Marshal, Skyknight Vanguard, Hanweir Garrison, Thopter Engineer, Blade Splicer, Ghirapur Gearcrafter, Pia Nalaar, Seasoned Pyromancer, Silverwing Squadron, Kjeldoran Home Guard, Gold Myr, Iron Myr, Plague Myr, Hedron Crawler, Manakin, Tempt with Vengeance
9 months ago
Sweet build, you've earned yourself a +1 from me. I'm always impressed when people can build functioning EDH decks with colorless generals. One quick suggestion though: as your commander does have a cmc of 12, and the deck's average cmc is an inordinately high 5.38. As such, you may want to consider running more lands than the relatively low total of 34, as well as possibly running more mana rocks such as Mind Stone and/or Fractured Powerstone to help the deck run more smoothly. Burnished Hart is also decently strong, as are dorks such as Hedron Crawler, Manakin and its evil twin, Millikin. You might benefit from replacing some higher costed cards that don't necessarily impact the game in as meaningful a way with the above relatively low cmc ramp suggestions. Good luck friend!
1 year ago
Platinum Emperion Meteor Golem Hedron Crawler Walker of the Wastes Desolation Twin Reality Smasher Warden of Geometries Ugin, the Ineffable Artisan of Kozilek Worn Powerstone Hedron Archive All Is Dust Titan's Presence Geode Golem Void Winnower Palladium Myr It That Betrays Pathrazer of Ulamog Ulamog, the Infinite Gyre Deceiver of Form Spawnsire of Ulamog Crashing Drawbridge Manakin Warping Wail Not of This World Mystic Forge Lightning Greaves Planar Bridge Quicksilver Amulet Mirage Mirror Urza's Incubator The Immortal Sun Helm of the Host Herald's Horn Hedron Matrix Vedalken Orrery Eldrazi Conscription
Lands Shrine of the Forsaken Gods Sanctum of Ugin Eye of Ugin Rogue's Passage Zhalfirin Void Tomb of the Spirit Dragon Spawning Bed Mage-Ring Network Nephalia Academy Sanctum of Eternity Wastes Mirrorpool Mikokoro, Center of the Sea Geier Reach Sanitarium Endless Sands Everflowing Chalice Labyrinth of Skophos