Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
|Pauper Duel Commander||Legal|
Might of the Masses
Target creature gets +1/+1 until end of turn for each creature you control.
carpecanum on Elf Tribal
3 months ago
Elvish Promenade can give you a lot of elves, and Sylvan Offering
Might of the Masses and Wirewood Pride can give you a one time mana boost or make a combat hit more deadly. Crown of Skemfar or Blackblade Reforged does it more permanently.
If you go token heavy you can have a big advantage in the number of permanents and that makes The Great Aurora an incredible card. You will reset the board with a massive land advantage.
Max_Hammer on These silly hoomans - Need Help
5 months ago
Well hello there! I had way too much time on my hands, so here’s this. By the way, it’s all ordered best to worst. (:
- Circle of Dreams Druid is going to drop loads of mana, assuming you can pay the three green.
- Fallaji Wayfarer is going to give all of your stuff (including your commander) convoke! Not all, but a lot.
- Hamza, Guardian of Arashin is going to make a lot of your creatures cost a lot less.
- Herald of War makes all of your humans dirt cheap if he gets counters. But, oh, what’s that? This deck loves making counters for creatures? Perfect.
- Nissa's Expedition is just Cultivate but it potentially costs a lot less.
- Gaea's Cradle is perfect if you have a small fortune laying around and you’re in need of mana.
- Bennie Bracks, Zoologist every time you make a token? So every turn? Alright, sick.
- Ulvenwald Mysteries lets you investigate the murder of your entire army. A board wipe kills this deck, but this (plus loads of mana) could help bring it back.
- Season of Growth lets you scry a lot, letting you look for pretty much whatever and just pull it out.
- Devouring Light, Conclave Tribunal, Hour of Reckoning are all removal spells but if you’re on a mana budget with a lot of 1/1’s.
- Elspeth Tirel is a board wipe, if you manage to keep her around for long enough. If that’s not what you need, though, she’s got plenty of utility otherwise.
- Coordinated Barrage, Kabira Takedown Flip, and Outflank aren’t super powerful, but can destroy pretty much anything that comes your way. If it’s not hexproofed, shrouded, or indestructible, it will be killed.
- Devout Chaplain says “The power of Christ compels you! Begone!” but this time it actually works.
- Sanctuary Lockdown lets you say “Not this combat phase, Satan,” and if you have enough mana, you can do that again and again and again. Plus, if you decide you can’t, then it’s still a big boy.
- Kamahl's Will will destroy just about anything in sight and can give you extra attacking force, if you can manage a way to keep all of your lands safe.
- Loxodon Hierarch is going to save your deck (which is very sensitive to board wipes) from a board wipe, judy once. Use wisely.
- Scapegoat won’t save your tokens, but it will save everyone else, commander included.
- Kindred Boon can slowly but surely make literally every creature you own indestructible.
- Ephemeral Shields is extra protection that can easily be pulled out of your back pocket.
- Basri's Lieutenant isn’t going to save your deck, but it will buy you time or give you a chance next turn at a kill, if the board wiper was low.
- Song of Freyalise is budget, makes every spell into a convoke spell, and then lets your hammer your opponents with the might of ZEUS!!
- Path of Ancestry should go into every tribal deck!! Well, maybe not every, but it’d definitely be good in this one, so there you go.
- Branching Evolution is just perfect for this deck. Double it, yesssss!
- Hydra's Growth would be perfect on your commander, especially since your best protection works just on them.
- Rick, Steadfast Leader is enough to make a human deck cry. This is no longer a democracy, this is a Ricktatorship.
- Crowned Ceratok, Tuskguard Captain, and Bramblewood Paragon all give your big creatures trample. Just yes.
- Horn of Valhalla can both make a bunch of tokens and then use those tokens to make a big, fuck off 99/99.
- Voice of Resurgence protects you against, or at least discourages the use of, counters and murders on your turn. Why? It makes a big, fuck off 99/99 when someone does.
- Queen Allenal of Ruadach makes more tokens and is a massive body. What’s not to like?
- Hanweir Militia Captain Flip is a mean creature and makes plenty of tokens.
- Primal Vigor, Second Harvest, Anointed Procession, Parallel Lives, and Doubling Season all say “What, you thought I was going to stop at only one million?” Though, I do have a feeling you left these out intentionally. Either they weren’t working or you avoid doubling strategies like these, which totally makes sense.
- Craterhoof Behemoth is, to say the least, a strong card. All of them get trample? And +99/+99? And it has haste? This is a way to turn a game around fast if I’ve ever seen one. The ultimate Might of the Masses creature.
- Might of the Masses is the classic. Instant destruction for just one green. Perfection.
- Seraph of the Masses is a Might of the Masses creature with flying and convoke.
- Shanna, Sisay's Legacy is a Might of the Masses creature with ability hexproof.
- Appeal / Authority is just slow Might of the Masses.
- Huatli, Radiant Champion is Might of the Masses but in Planeswalker form.
- Sigil of the Nayan Gods is Might of the Masses in enchantment form.
- Crusader of Odric is a poor man’s Might of the Masses creature
- Gideon, the Oathsworn just happens to slip and give all of your creatures an absurd number of counters. Not to mention the big body (noticing a pattern yet?) and the one-sided board wipe! He’s got a weird face again, sadly, pass.
- Gideon, Champion of Justice is a board wipe and a big, bad creature all wrapped into one. 7/10, he can dominate me.
- Gideon Jura can goad and destroy stuff. Perfect for removal and instigating fights when you know you’ll win. Not to mention the big scary 6/6 lurking beneath. Also a weird face, pass.
- Gideon of the Trials reads “Fuck your biggest creature, he’s not going to do anything, and also, as long as I’m around, fuck you more.” Nothing crazy, but can definitely make you public enemy #1 for having an effect like that. Pretty normal face, but that ability makes him a dick. 3.4/10
- Kytheon, Hero of Akros Flip is just some kid. Ignore him. This is a child, pass.
- Gideon, Battle-Forged!? Where did you come from? Nothing super interesting here, but for one mana not bad. Weird face, pass.
- Gideon, Martial Paragon can give buffs to all of your stuff, which is definitely not bad at all, and your opponents are automatically dead if he gets that ten ability off. That said, this Gideon can get it. 10/10.
- Gideon Blackblade is eh. He’s okay. He can get it, though. 7/10.
- Gideon, Ally of Zendikar can do some generic Gideon stuff. Make tokens, give buffs, be a 4/4. Eh. 6.7/10.
- Reconnaissance lets you attack with everything and then say “Well, no, actually, I didn’t attack with those.” This is one of those cards in Magic that you just have to believe was invented or inspired by toddler games where they invent the rules as they go along, y’know? Anyway swing at will!
- Peach Garden Oath is one mana for a crazy amount of lifegain. Lets you swing aggressively and pay as much life as you want.
- Kindred Summons gives you the gift of as many humans as you damn please. That said, be careful not to deck yourself.
- Sigarda, Champion of Light is the other Sigarda card you might want to add, since she likes giving you stuff.
- Chord of Calling is just a plain good tutor.
- Flight of Equenauts, Ledev Guardian, Conclave Equenaut, Conclave Phalanx, and Argivian Phalanx, are just free creatures, more or less.
carpecanum on Golgari Lathril Upgraded
11 months ago
Rogue's Passage, Elvish Promenade, Might of the Masses, Alpha Authority
If you end up with a ton of elves but still need a boardwipe, The Great Aurora favors the player with the most permanents on the board
king-saproling on Lathril Casually Competitive
1 year ago
Personally I would make these swaps:
Farhaven Elf (doesn't get lathril out faster) -> Alpha Status (makes lathril exponentially bigger every turn)
Kodama's Reach (same as above) -> Crown of Skemfar (same as above)
Wood Elves (same as above) -> Druids' Repository (functions like old gnawbone but way cheaper)
Golgari Findbroker (slow) -> Fallen Ideal (increases lathril's evasion, is a sac outlet, and functions similarly to Elvish Promenade while costing less and is usable every turn)
Realmwalker (unreliable) -> Toski, Bearer of Secrets
Shaman of the Pack (most useful when you're already winning, and not necessary even then) -> Imp's Mischief (strong in competitive games. for example it can let you steal an extra turn spell, prevent opps from removing lathril while you steal the removal effect, etc.)
Wellwisher (same as above) -> Might of the Masses (pretty much identical to Wirewood Pride)
ShredderTTN86 on Yas-all-ova but the Crying - Yasova EDH
1 year ago
I would recommend adding Primal Cocoon and maybe a Ring of Kalonia for a constant upkeep increase, as well ass Might of the Masses to pump her up decently in a turn to steal something with some heft to it. Blanchwood Armor as a maybe, seeing that you only have 9 instances of forests in your land base. Beast Within, Rapid Hybridization, and Pongify are good cheap to cast removals.
Niko9 on Snakes on the snow
1 year ago
This is such a cool deck. I had a snake build back in Kami but heck if I can remember it anymore : )
I feel like Bala Ged Recovery Flip might be really good with tribe scout. It comes in tapped as a land, but if you are getting extra lands per turn, it might still benefit you, plus you get the really good recursion spell.
And, the explore mechanic might also be good with Sakura-Tribe Scout Path of Discovery could hit you more lands to scout in, buff your creatures, and give you some card selection too if you need it.
I also agree that Beastmaster Ascension might not be the best payoff. Maybe something that buffs one creature instead that you can get through with Kaseto, Orochi Archmage Umezawa's Jitte would probably be ideal, but that price tag is kinda bleh. Might of the Masses is one of my favorite buff spells for just how swingy it can be for one mana. Groundswell might also be good. And you could always test Colossification It looks slow, but who knows, with ramp and deathtouch creatures to slow opponenents down, it might get there.
And maybe Snake Umbra for being on theme and also really good. It does a little bit of everything.
Shisato, Whispering Hunter can be absolutely brutal when he stays on the board. It's not the most fun thing to play, but it's good for sure.
That's about all I can think of. Looks like an awesome collection of herpetofauna and a really fun deck to play : )
Niko9 on Swipe Right Swiftspear
1 year ago
Elsterooo Thanks :) It does tend to be one of my most generally effective decks because you an play it different depending on the opponent. Against a control opponent you can play out and try to get under them, where as if you are up against a creature deck you can remove their creatures, make the attacks that make sense, and then save up for one big Might of the Masses onto Den Protector or a trampler from Kessig Wolf Run. Or you can use pressure plus removal and then into Klothys, God of Destiny or Fumiko the Lowblood and it almost starts to play like a control deck with creatures. You can dictate the game by making them choose between damage bad blocks, and then doubling down by also making them make bad attacks.
And I mean, you could probably have a more efficient swarm deck, or a more efficient buff deck, but I really like being able to do both at about 80% good.
The only trick with the deck is that I'm trying to purposely not add +1/+1 buffs into the deck as much as possible. Shadowspear would probably be amazing for the lifegain, but adding +1 actually makes Savage Swipe either worse or harder to use. I mean, that, plus I really don't want to buy shadowspear :) But that's why most buffs are not incremental and are more big buffs all at once.
Thebestnoob on Fist Full of Elves ($100)
1 year ago
add Might of the Masses instead of Chorus of Might and u may want to add Sylvan Anthem somewhere in there