Creature — Cat
: You may return another target creature you control to its owner's hand. If you do, Temur Sabertooth gains indestructible until end of turn.
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Temur Sabertooth Discussion
12 hours ago
Spellseeker/Neoform and Weird Harvest are worth running if you add Walking Ballista. Weird Harvest looks up Ballista/Statue for both combo pieces and Spellseeker/Neoform are the last pieces you don't already run for the most efficient combo line in Animar. It only requires Imperial Recruiter in hand, 2 counters on Animar, , and 4 life.
Imperial Recruiter looks up Phyrexian Metamorph
Phyrexian Metamorph for 2 life copies Recruiter and looks up Spellseeker.
Spellseeker looks up Neoform.
Neoform sacs Spellseeker to look up Ancestral Statue.
Bounce statue over and over til Animar's power is double your opponents life totals and use Statue's final bounce trigger to return Metamorph to hand.
Metamorph for 2 life again copies Imperial Recruiter to look up Walking Ballista for the win.
Feel free to check out my list for more ideas. Upvotes on any of my decks are appreciated. Animar, Gaea's Hemorrhoid ⫷PRIMER⫸
1 day ago
2 days ago
ChuckHD - Thanks for the suggestion! I’ve been considering that exact swap for a while. Peregrine Drake has been fairly successful in this list, and it had the potential to go infinite with Temur Sabertooth and Panharmonicon. But since I just cut the panharmonicon, I think it might be time to change drakes.
3 weeks ago
Played a bunch today and here is results of changes.
- -1 Apex Devastator to sideboard, moved to sideboard to swap out with blightsteel/eldrazi for newer players
- -1 Temur Sabertooth, removed due to the amount of cardraw available. I feel I would rather draw than bounce.
- +1 Blightsteel Colossus to maindeck, Blightsteel is a counter to my local playgroup. We've got a lifegain deck and one deck running Pariah and Pariah's Shield. Along with Akroma's Memorial and Finale of Devastation this is my nuclear option.
- +1 Bala Ged Sanctuary Flip, land and recurrence is very valuable.
- +1 Mirrorpool, ehh fine seems ok to drop a copy of a big creature that does something,, what's the worst that can happen? :)
- -1 Mana Crypt to maybeboard, don't have one is the only reason. If I can get one,, maybe?
- +1 Jeweled Lotus, replacement for mana crypt... Now let me tell you,, jeweled -> azusa --> lotus cobra --> two fetches --> Tooth and nail.. That was a quick game!
- +1 Maze of Ith, This is at tech, really aggressive in my area! There are some cases it's death to not have an air blocker!
- +1 Petrified Field, Testing it at this time, not sure how to abuse it yet
- +1 Momentous Fall, Does not feel as bad as I initially thought. Use this defensively often times.
- +1 Cryptic Caves, niche card testing it out. Turns your crucibles into three draw for 3 mana + land drops.. 3 mana draw 3 cards... seems decent
- +1 Thespian's Stage, what does it do? answer: yes
- -1 Beast Whisperer, I have enough creatures, but the costs are too high
- +1 Zendikar Resurgent, replacement for beast whisperer, has the potential to double mana while going off
- -1 Guardian Project, same problem as beast whisperer
- +1 Return of the Wildspeaker, another large draw effect to combo off of to replace guardian
- +1 Inkmoth Nexus, bad habits die hard, keeping one in deck for "that guy" at the table.
- -1 Field of the Dead -> maybeboard, only reason I'm taking it out is I don't own it. Dropping it into maybe board
- Vorinclex, Voice of Hunger is here to stay. When you go off with a large draw dropping him is amazing. He will give you enough mana to combo off and finish on the stop at times. He's also a good target for Natural Order.
- After drawing 10 cards and drawing into Rude Awakening,, it has a new place in my heart, seems to be a keeper
- Once I hit 25 basics, I think I can just win the game. The amount of basics should stick between 24-26 and 45 lands in total to facilitate the engines. If we're slightly under half I think we're good.
- Kodama of the East Tree was potentially good enough to combo off a large draw with vorin, need to test this more!
Thinking of Cutting:
- Beacon of Creation --> , requires more testing due to new landbase
Why the sideboard was added:
- Core creatures for swapping on the sideboard are Vorinclex, Voice of Hunger, Kozilek, Butcher of Truth, Kozilek, the Great Distortion, Blightsteel Colossus, and Craterhoof Behemoth.
- Each of these creatures fills a different role. voice of hunger is a creature to combo off with on a large draw or to slow down my opponents. Butcher of truth fills your hand then wins by sacing against a single opponent or threating multiple attack if they don't sac a specific permanent (politics yeeehhh). Blightsteel teaches people that lifegain decks don't work against green edh.... craterhoof teaches people that lifegain deck's don't work against green in edh (AZUSA SMASH!!)... please stop playing lifegain decks in edh... Great Distortion draws and controls the game if your ahead.
If I'm playing against my friends then these are great. If we're trying to include someone I will swap them out for cards in the sideboard and leave in a couple.
3 weeks ago
Did a bit of Brainstorming last night
Potentially Temur Sabertooth might be good in my playgroup due to the amount of removal and ability to setup.
Rude Awakening + Temur Sabertooth + Eternal Witness + 11 mana == infinite mana and bounce/infinite ETB. Temur Sabertooth, plus any of my ETB or cast cards gives a lot of utility including extra draw, recurrence, removal, spot protection from removal.
I think this card is worth a shot with the amount of mana I have available most times. For the sake of theorycrafting we have to try it!! Who knows maybe if I wanted to go the jank route this would make Vorinclex, Voice of Hunger, Helix Pinnacle or Aetherflux Reservoir viable as a non-attack wincon. Testing needed,, wanted to vorinclex in my collection anyways.
For classic wincons,
For creatures, I feel like I could hold a sideboard of 15 fatties on me and swap them in and they would all feel equally viable. That said Kozilek, Butcher of Truth felt irreplaceable and thus is getting a perm mainboard. Prevents milling, draws cards, threat/wincon, resets my deck, nice with Life from the Loam.
Vorinclex like I've mentioned before accelerates the deck and give me more time. It's more of enabler than a combo piece itself. Potentially Defense of the Heart might work here too if I hadd him. It would also open up potentially a new archtype if I went with Aetherflux Reservoir + Temur Sabertooth.
As for the draw situation, we could build around it or just go with the classics.
Adding Guardian Project to the maybe board along with Beast Whisperer. They're not as "fast" as the other options, but guardian often times is a Harmonize or better and beast whisperer is tutorable draw!
Some classics are: Garruk, Primal Hunter which is a "5 mana draw spell", Shamanic Revelation is another Regal Force that works with tokens! Rishkar's Expertise is another garruk that has a ~70% chance to hit another spell. That percentile is potentially amazing due to the composition of the current deck.
On the fringe for: Zendikar Resurgent, vorinclex slowing down opponent's in that slot feels better as a mana doubler, and I could just play Guardian Project earlier if I was after the draw. This card feels like it's in a weird place. Might turn out to be just an expensive harmonize. Momentous Fall, I don't know how I feel about this yet. Generally it says, 4 mana sac a creature draw 2-6 cards. Feels like a card I would play when I'm ahead, not to get ahead. That said I could say the same for anything else that is not an etb draw, regal, or harmonize.
Next step I guess is to make a couple "Packages" and see how they fit the deck.
1 month ago
Sure! Your main idea is to get out a creature with power six or greater, from there your infinite mana sources are Selvala, Heart of the Wilds or Priest of Titania or Circle of Dreams Druid combined with Staff of Domination, Umbral Mantle, Kogla, the Titan Ape/Hyrax Tower Scout, Ashaya, Soul of the Wild/Quirion Ranger or Scryb Ranger, Temur Sabertooth/Hyrax Tower Scout or Great Oak Guardian or Wirewood Symbiote. After making so much mana your outlets are... Duskwatch Recruiter Flip, Relic Golem, Walking Ballista,Finale of Devastation. Also Temur Sabertooth can be used to trigger selvala's draw trigger if you have the larges creature on the field. A few interesting techs I've found are using Temur Sabertooth or Kogla, the Titan Ape and Eternal Witness to loop any instant or sorcery from your graveyard, and using Green Sun's Zenith on zero to get Dryad Arbor turn one as a dork if you really need it. Hope this helped!
1 month ago
I'm not the maker of this deck, but I do have a Selvala deck that is very similar. Selvala, Heart of the Wilds wins by essentially playing an undercosted high-power creature such as Phyrexian Dreadnought or Phyrexian Soulgorger to quickly generate a ton of mana, get cards like Quirion Ranger or Wirewood Symbiote into play with Temur Sabertooth to generate infinite mana through blinking the Wirewood Symbiote to use it's ability multiple times, and then tapping and untapping Selvala, and then either with through a Walking Ballista for infinite or infinitely bouncing something like Great Oak Guardian to give all your creatures +infinite/+infinite and swing for game.
As for this deck, I would highly recommend adding Concordant Crossroads, Craterhoof Behemoth, or even cards like Berserk. Concordant Crossroads is essential in decks like Selvala, where you can repeatedly bounce your own mana dorks to generate infinite mana, or even flood the board with creatures and quickly swing for game that turn. Deserted Temple is also nice for untapping things like Gaea's Cradle or Wirewood Lodge. Sylvan Tutor is also really nice as it adds more consistency.
2 months ago
If the total amount of artifacts and enchantments your opponents have is 9 or greater, then what i think you can do is: have Dockside Extortionist and Temur Sabertooth out. Play Sakashima's Protege, which makes you cascade. you get something that costs 5 or less, doesn't matter what. then you have sakashima enter as the extortionist, making nine treaures. you then sacrifice 2 of those treasures to bounce sakashima back into your hand, pay 6 to play her, leaving one treasure left open and repeating the process. sakashima could be replaced by any card that enters as another creature, she just has the added bonus of cascading.
I'm pretty sure this works, but there might be something i don't know about the rules.