Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Creature — Human Shaman
Whenever this attacks, each other creature you control gets +X/+X until end of turn, where X is this creature's power
4 months ago
You're not wrong, though with cards like Hanweir Militia Captain Flip blending in to the Cathar churches to recruit cultists, Eldritch Evolution depicting the horror of Emrakul's arrival, I kept Growth Spasm which is a Zendikar set card, only because of its eldrazi involvement, and that it looks eerily similar to Deathbonnet Sprout Flip in the center of the artwork. I've made this deck entirely, foils, pre releases, alt arts; and found for the sake of functioning, with the necessity of ramp and draw for the table's I play at, I permitted Tarkir cards like Shamanic Revelation and Inspiring Call because they happened to be printed in the pre-con, but serve little to no use lore wise, sadly. I wish every set was treated like the warhammer commanders, with every card sporting a specific art to the theme of the plane.
I took out Entreat the Angels for Increasing Devotion in favor of humans; wanting the deck to very much be human focused, that being that rise and downfall of most of Innistrad. Cults within churches, Mikaeus, the Lunarch being one of the first humans to turn corrupt for the likes of evil.
I find Cryptolith Rite a suitable spell as it shows what fear drove humans to do, due to Nahiri, the Harbinger and her personal grudge. The cards I really want to get rid of, if I had Innistrad arts and watermarks to just swap with that'd be even better, but due to lore-specific conflicts; Shamanic Revelation (shaman of Tarkir), Unbreakable Formation (Azorius Guildmates from Ravnica) , Inspiring Call (Khans of Tarkir), Worldly Tutor (Yisan of Shandalar, but as a wandering bard... he might have made it Innistrad, the centipede in his card looks the same as what's been printed in Innistrad for sure), Wild Beastmaster (depicting a Selesnya guild member), Growth Spasm feels more akin to this deck's lore and flavor, seeing as Nahiri brought Eldrazi to the plane, and it getting an Innistrad watermark makes it feel a bit more at home, but were I to intentionally make this a Sigardian (good) humans only deck, I'd switch Cryptolith with Fork in the Road, and Growth Spasm with Reclusive Taxidermist or Avacyn's Pilgrim, Descend upon the Sinful with Terminus, Mikaeus, the Lunarch with Hamlet Captain, Wild Beastmaster with Mentor of the Meek; and several other cards, but the power just isn't there. I had this deck kitted out similarly and against my table, without some leeway for proper play, it bricks if I don't hit any ramp.
Sorry if that sounded preachy, your suggestion is 1000% solid, though I'd slot it in with a different card for the CMC to not vary too much, then replace Cryptolith Rite with another ramp spell so that I'm not missing any slots that could otherwise be used, hell, it still bugs me that I have Moonsilver Key and Avacyn, Angel of Hope who is canonically dead and then some, in the same deck. If you look at my Halana and Alena, Totally Just Roommates and In memory of the Weatherlight. these conflicts in lore occur quite a bit, similarly with my Sacrificial Splicer deck, much to my chagrin; but due to these constraints I find myself having quite a lot of fun building around this challenge when conceptualizing the deck itself.
I just wish some cards that would otherwise be integral to certain strategies had artworks to compliment the commander's they're most often used for, Thornbite Staff & Atla Palani, Nest Tender is a big one for myself, if it had a reprint, it'd be fairly harmless with Sun Empire-specific artwork. Or Impact Tremors that actually has Krenko, Mob Boss's goblins on it. Ashnod's Altar given alternate art that changes its name and makes the art specific to certain lore would be a dream of mine. But that's why we have alts I suppose, and commissioning one isn't the worst, but the wait sure can be murder on your sanity.
6 months ago
So you have an impressive pile of counter generating cards, but once you have Perrie and a dozen different counters in play, how do you turn that into three dead opponents?
Card draw can also help close out a game.
These should help you turn your theme (different counters) into a strategy
8 months ago
Cool deck! Thoughts on these? Patriar's Seal, Necrologia, Unspeakable Symbol, Curse of Bounty, Marwyn, the Nurturer, Wild Beastmaster, Lathril, Blade of the Elves, Cultivator of Blades, Sanguine Bond, Vampiric Link (stacks with lifelink!), Momentous Fall, Soul's Majesty
8 months ago
Looks fun. You might like these: Bident of Thassa, Coastal Piracy, Return of the Wildspeaker, Mirror Entity, Vitalizing Wind, Charge, Ritual of Hope, Pride of Conquerors, Stampede Driver, War Screecher, Sea Gate Banneret, Cliffside Lookout, Wild Beastmaster, Pathbreaker Ibex, Encampment Keeper, Oakhame Ranger
8 months ago
DareiJuxis, Avacyn, Angel of Hope is not an option for me. I like the card too much to take it out. I still want to test The First Iroan Games and Nils, Discipline Enforcer has worked well so far in my meta. I ordered the Wild Beastmaster and will test it. Masako the Humorless synergizes well with Saryth, the Viper's Fang so far.
8 months ago
Jhi69 I am glad you to have provided you with decent suggestions. I think that, as I said, cards to replace are Avacyn, Angel of Hope, Nils, Discipline Enforcer, and The First Iroan Games. Avacyn was strong in the past, but she is not what she was. I understand she can "win" games, but that does not mean that there are not cards that can win more games than she does. I understand the idea of Nils, but it is just not worthwhile in my opinion. I do not think Wild Beastmaster should just be looked at as a finisher, but even if it were you already have the solution in your deck- Chord of Calling. Regardless failing those cuts, I would recommend cutting the following as well-
- Drannith Magistrate- As far as I can tell, this is just here to stop commanders from coming online, and has no way of repeating itself. I do not think that it is good enough outside of maybe cEDH unless there are other ways one's opponents are trying to cast spells from outside of their hands. Basically, it does not synergize enough with what you are doing nor stop enough of your opponents, especially since all (presumed) 3 will be interested in taking it out.
- Devout Chaplain- I think this requires too much board presence to work, and needs haste to solve imminent problems. This would be the number 1 cut for Hopeful Initiate. It does not exile, but with enchantments and artifacts that's rarely a cause for concern.
- Masako the Humorless- This seems like slightly better than a fog, sometimes. A lot of potential to be a dead card, with not enough upside in my opinion. I'd much rather see an effect that gives vigilance, especially since you have cards that tap for other reasons.
- Luminarch Ascension- A decent standard card for sure, but miserably slow in EDH.
- Intrepid Hero- I think as a general statement, using a card that hates on only one of your opponents most of the time is not worthwhile. It is also slow since it needs to tap.
I think any of these cuts could be made for any of the cards I have pointed out.
8 months ago
DareiJuxis Thanks you for your recommendations.
A few cards were just for the flavor for me and in the end they won several games like Avacyn, Angel of Hope. Along with counters for Kyler, Nils, Discipline Enforcer is a good defense against a friend's Hamza, Guardian of Arashin. And The First Iroan Games was not pulled at this point since i took the card on the Deck.
I just don't like Thalia's Lieutenant. I'm also not a fan of the fact that 95% of Kyler, Sigardian Emissary decks just look and play the same. That's why I don't take some cards in for personal reasons as well as for playful reasons.
I'm also at the point in the deck where it's incredibly difficult for me to part with individual cards because they've either done a good job or I like the flavor so much. If you have any suggestions for Eternal Witness or Hopeful Initiate, I'll be happy to take note of them and think about them.
8 months ago
Seems good, though some things come to mind-
- Increasing Devotion has never impressed me, I think it would be worth putting in Reverent Hoplite over it since it is a human that makes more humans. It may not always make as much, but can make more than Increasing Devotion, and increases creature count. It's even the same cmc, not including the flashback.
- Hopeful Initiate is a synergistic way to remove problematic enchantments or artifacts as a 1 mana human that grows as well.
- I'd like Wild Beastmaster in this since it will naturally be bigger with your commander. Thalia's Lieutenant also comes to mind as a cheap way to boost up the team and add counter synergy.
- Any deck can run more recursion, i.e. Eternal Witness, to get back something important that was lost. She's human as well.
- For card draw, this could use a Rishkar's Expertise. Since this deck does not specifically seem to look to make tokens, it may be better to draw off power rather than number like with Shamanic Revelation, but that's not to say Shamanic is bad.