Creature — Elf Druid
When Elvish Harbinger enters the battlefield, you may search your library for an Elf card, reveal it, then shuffle your library and put that card on top of it.
: Gain one mana of any colour.
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Elvish Harbinger Discussion
2 months ago
Hey, well done with your upgrade of the Lathril precon.
Some changes to consider by close to matching price of card to add with card to cut:
- Ezuri, Renegade Leader --> Selvala, Heart of the Wilds
- Chord of Calling --> Turntimber Symbiosis
- Elvish Harbinger --> Collected Company
- Priest of Titania --> Joraga Treespeaker
- Quest for Renewal --> Obelisk of Urd
- Beastmaster Ascension --> Door of Destinies
- Shamanic Revelation --> Sylvan Messenger
- Immaculate Magistrate --> Lys Alana Huntmaster
- Copperhorn Scout --> Bounty of Skemfar
- Golgari Charm --> Revive
- Twilight Mire --> Reliquary Tower
- Unclaimed Territory --> Grim Backwoods
Good luck with your deck.
2 months ago
please link all cards in your question
2 months ago
Hey, nice upgrades to the precon.
Green mana is much more important than black mana with Elves. Having an equal amount of Forests and Swamps can be problematic since you could draw all Swamps and no Forests which will be difficult to cast Elves. Elves of Deep Shadow is a helpful one drop mana Elf because can make black mana. Elvish Harbinger is an Elf tutor and can make black mana. Consider cutting some Swamps for more Golgari dual lands?
2 months ago
Hi raspberryfish25 Thanks, I like playing it. Just finished a quick 1-on-1 game versus my brother-in-law's deck (all about stealing cards) and lost to my own elves. As for the mentioned cards, I've looked into all the mentioned cards in early builds, some of them will definitely make the 99 in future upgrades.
Skyshroud Poacher - Pricy but spicy, still in the back of my head for a future upgrade.
Wolverine Riders - Have played this card, but didn't do well, yielded me a few extra tokens, but got removed fairly quickly, might try it again.
Sylvan Messenger - I'm not the biggest fan of digging a few deep in the hope to fetch a good card, you can whiff easily.
Elvish Guidance - Is in the deck, done great work so far.
Harald, King of Skemfar - Like Sylvan messenger, it can whiff so hard, Land, Land, Dork, Artifact, Enchantment. Also, Tyvar Kell has to be in the deck too, to get the most out of it. Abomination of Llanowar would be the better choice in this build.
Elvish Harbinger - Like the Poacher, very good.
Sylvan Offering - This can produce an insane amount of Tokens and a big beater Treefolk token with the amount of mana the deck can produce, the only drawback for me is giving my opponent the same amount in return, I will try it out, this and Stoneforge Masterwork might work, but Lathril depended.
Elvish Clancaller - An early 2 drop Lord in play is always nice, but it doesn't come with extras, like the other lords.
Elvish Champion - Also on my future upgrade list, the best Lord around for sure.
2 months ago
Hey, good edit so far. Nice Ezuri, Renewal, Shadow and Warmaster upgrades :)
What's your budget for upgrading? The precon has too many Swamps compared to Forests. You've cut some already, but consider cutting more? Green mana is much more important than black mana especially now that you have added more one drop green mana Elves which is another good upgrade. My advice is cut several Swamps for Golgari dual lands especially lands that can ETB untapped.
- Llanowar Wastes
- Unclaimed Territory
- Darkbore Pathway Flip
- Overgrown Tomb
- Undergrowth Stadium
- Twilight Mire
- Tainted Wood
Some of the powerful tribal Elves have exploded in price since the release of the precon. If your budget allows these cards are upgrades.
- Joraga Warcaller
- Priest of Titania
- Elvish Harbinger
- Tyvar Kell
- Elvish Champion
- Heritage Druid
- Joraga Treespeaker
- Gilt-Leaf Palace
Copperhorn Scout can be another repeatable untap all your creatures effect and it's an one drop Elf. Pair Scout with Magistrate + Lathril to make Scout and Lathril bigger each time you attack. Magistrate first puts counters on Scout that way Scout can survive combat. Scout + Lathril attack which unaps Magistrate to then tap Magistrate to put counters on Lathril.
Staff of Domination is a mana sink/win condition enabler. It's busted because it can untap itself. Use it in combination with a big mana producer such as Archdruid who can make 5 or more mana to make infinite green mana. With infinite green mana you can activate Staff to draw into a mana sink win condition such as Ezuri. Staff can also be used with infinite mana if you have 10 or more Elves with Lathril to repeatedly untap Lathril + 10 Elves making Lathril's tap ability the win condition.
Chord of Calling is powerful with Elves, an instant speed tutor that Elf tokens can help to cast with convoke. Wirewood Herald when it dies is an Elf tutor. Skullclamp is excellent repeatable draw when your Commander can create 1/1 tokens as well as with other repeatable token sources.
Good luck with your deck.
3 months ago
I am really liking this deck, but I am noticing a lot of core cards from a typical Elfball style deck are missing. Have you tried any of the following cards in the deck and if so what was your experience: Deathrite Shaman , Skyshroud Poacher , Wolverine Riders , Sylvan Messenger , Lys Alana Huntmaster , Elvish Guidance , Harald, King of Skemfar , Elvish Harbinger , Sylvan Offering , Elvish Clancaller , and Elvish Champion ?
3 months ago
TIL that emojis aren't parsed properly by TappedOut even though they appear fine in the preview! Let's try again...
I've found this list really helpful whilst drafting decks over the last few years, thanks for putting it together! :) Judging by the 400,000 views that this has had I'm guessing I'm not the only person who feels that way :D
Since this list hasn't been updated since pre-WAR, I thought I'd put together a pretty comprehensive list of all tutors released since then (including all of the tutors mentioned in the comments above). Hopefully putting it in one place will make it easier to update! Note - as per the list you've curated, I've excluded any tutors that fetch specific cards (e.g. Yanling's Harbinger ) or basic lands. I've also left off the card types and colours since there's already enough text in the comment and it can be seen from the preview. Right - on with the list!
CARD: TUTOR FOR - ANY COMMENTS/SUGGESTED CATEGORIES
- Axgard Armory : Aura or Equipment - to hand
- Boggart Harbinger : Creature - tutor by creature type, to top of library
- Burning-Rune Demon : Anything - to hand, to graveyard
- Chandra, Heart of Fire : Instants/Sorceries - jump through hoops, to cast
- Coveted Prize : Anything - to hand, (jump through hoops) to cast
- Deathbellow War Cry : Creature - tutor by creature type, to battlefield
- Divining Witch : Anything - jump through hoops, to hand
- Dwarven Recruiter : Creature - tutor by creature type, to top of library
- Elvish Harbinger : Creature - tutor by creature type, to top of library
- Elvish Reclaimer : Land - to battlefield
- Emergent Ultimatum : Anything - tutor by name, to cast
- Enigmatic Incarnation : Creature - tutor by CMC, to battlefield
- Fabled Passage : Land - to battlefield
- Faerie Harbinger : Creature - tutor by creature type, to top of library
- Fiend Artisan : Creature - tutor by CMC, to battlefield
- Finale of Devastation : Creature - tutor by CMC, to battlefield
- Garruk, Unleashed : Creature - jump through hoops, to battlefield
- Giant Harbinger : Creature - tutor by creature type, to top of library
- Golos, Tireless Pilgrim : Land - to battlefield
- Gravebreaker Lamia : Anything - to graveyard
- Guided Passage : Anything - jump through hoops
- Ignite the Beacon : Planeswalker - to hand
- Jester's Cap : Anything - to exile
- Kaho, Minamo Historian : Instant - jump through hoops, to exile
- Kithkin Harbinger : Creature - tutor by creature type, to top of library
- Magda, Brazen Outlaw : Artifact or Dragon - tutor by type, to battlefield, jump through hoops
- Magus of the Order : Creature - tutor by colour, to battlefield
- Merrow Harbinger : Creature - tutor by creature type, to top of library
- Mythos of Brokkos : Anything - jump through hoops, to graveyard, to hand
- Nahiri, the Harbinger : Artifact/Creature - jump through hoops, to battlefield
- Neoform : Creature - tutor by CMC, to battlefield
- Nylea's Intervention : Land, to hand
- Pyre of Heroes : Creature - jump through hoops, tutor by type and CMC, to battlefield
- Quest for the Holy Relic : Equipment - to battlefield, jump through hoops
- Reshape the Earth : Land - to battlefield
- Rootless Yew : Creature - tutor by POW or TOU, to hand
- Scheming Symmetry : Anything - to top of library
- Shared Summons : Creature - to hand
- The World Tree : Creature - tutor by creature type, to battlefield
- Treefolk Harbinger : Creature - tutor by creature type, to top of library
- Ulvenwald Hydra : Land - to battlefield
- Varragoth, Bloodsky Sire : Anything - to top of library
- Vivien, Monsters' Advocate : Creature - jump through hoops, tutor by CMC, to battlefield
- Wishclaw Talisman : Anything - to hand
It wasn't entirely clear to me what categories the below cards should go under since they search for specific card subtypes:
- Opposition Agent : ??? (This sort of counts as a 'tutor your opponents decks' card!)
- Runed Crown : Rune - 'searches for tribal cards'?
- Runeforge Champion : Rune - 'searches for tribal cards'?
- Sanctum of All : Shrines - 'searches for tribal cards'?
- Search for Glory : Snow/legendary/saga - could go under a few sections?
- Spirit of the Aldergard : Land - 'searches for tribal cards'?
Seeing as the three creators of this list haven't been on TappedOut in at least 8 months I'm guessing that this comment won't go anywhere, but at least it's all in one place for people to search for later. I'm happy to help maintain and update this list if I'm given access. (If I haven't heard back in a couple of months then I might look at creating a copy of this list and linking it here for anyone looking for an up-to-date list of tutors.)
3 months ago
I've found this list really helpful whilst drafting decks over the last few years, thanks for putting it together!