Creature — Beast
Whenever another creature with power 3 or greater enters the battlefield under your control, you may draw a card.
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Garruk's Packleader occurrence in decks from the last year
Garruk's Packleader Discussion
1 week ago
A cool thing about this partner pair is that if Sakashima copies Kodama, you can replay a creature like AEthersnipe endlessly by bouncing itself to hand and alternating between the general's triggers to replay it (bypassing the "if it wasn't put onto the battlefield with this ability" restriction since it was the other general's ability that replayed it). In this example, you would also put all permanents costing 6 or less from your hand into play using the other kodama trigger. Toss in something like Garruk's Packleader and you'll be drawing and playing your entire deck.
You might like these too: Elemental Bond, Garruk's Uprising, Soul of the Harvest, Angler Drake, AEther Adept, Man-o'-War, Mist Raven, Separatist Voidmage, Aven Surveyor, Kiri-Onna, Voidwielder, Hoverguard Sweepers, Altar of the Brood, Galecaster Colossus (in the above-mentioned combo, tap a bounce wizard before returning itself. this way the colossus can bounce all your opps' nonland permanents)
1 week ago
I see you have 9 creatures who are wolves, and another dozen or so that produce wolf creature tokens with a good portion of these being repeatable, either triggers or activations. However, these wolves are also very small bodies compared to what EDH games can see. Fighting will cause you to almost certainly lose your wolf while doing little to shake up the boardstate of other players.
I see you have Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite and Beastmaster Ascension but I feel like this isn't enough. You definitely need some more anthems to pump your wolves up so they are far more threatening. So here's a list of permanents that can really help you out.
- Collective Blessing I'd recommend slotting in others before this, but if you have the room it can be a good fit
- Commander's Insignia this is a far better option. You have a lot of lands, and casting your commander is advantageous, meaning the more you cast her the more powerful this becomes
- Dictate of Heliod again, not the best as the one below is better since it can be free-cast, but if you have the room why the heck not
- Force of Virtue this is basically a free-cast
- Mirari's Wake this will really help with some of your repeatable activation costs
- Path of Bravery this combos extremely well with the next card
- True Conviction the doublestrike won't help you, but you will gain life from your wolves fighting as it's still considered damage the creature dealt, and yes the doublestrike really strengthens your boardstate since you're trying to go wide here
- Adaptive Automaton counts as a wolf and carries a banner for them
- Door of Destinies while it's true that you only get the counters on DoD when you CAST a wolf, it's equally true that ALL of your wolves get +X/+X, tokens included
- Hall of Triumph not the best but hey, it's good on curve
Now you'd also want to build up your draw. Your wolves may not naturally be this large, but with one enchantment on the field they will be. So...
2 weeks ago
1 month ago
I see you took out Garruk, Primal Hunter but you needed card draw. Seems like it would work very well in your deck.
Ohran Frostfang is also a pretty good way to draw cards.
There's also Garruk's Packleader available to you.
Etali, Primal Storm could give you more options than you have available in your deck, plus it's a fatty you can ramp into.
2 months ago
If you are looking for good cards to draw cards, I noticed a lot of big creatures, so a card like Elemental Bond or Soul of the Harvest or maybe even Path of Discovery would be good value for all the tokens in your deck. Other cards that come to mind are: Garruk's Uprising, Colossal Majesty and Garruk's Packleader
2 months ago
Oh come one, we have better card draw in Naya than Bonders' Enclave! Garruk's Packleader, Soul of the Harvest, etc. Colorless sources just aren't worth the ability to sometimes pay essentially 4 mana to draw one card, sometimes.
Chromatic Lantern isn't needed in a deck that can search out the right mana with Cultivate effects, so I'd replace it with a Three Visits. I'm going to keep my eye on the Commander Collection: Green as I definitely need a Worldly Tutor and Sylvan Library and Seedborn Muse, and I love the new arts too much to get the old ones. So I'm waiting on those
2 months ago
You might like these: Sanctum of Eternity, Temur Sabertooth, Vedalken Mastermind, Mimic Vat, Simic Growth Chamber, Stone-Seeder Hierophant, Expedition Map, Pir's Whim, Hour of Promise, Teferi's Ageless Insight, Beast Whisperer, Garruk's Packleader, Alchemist's Refuge, Portal of Sanctuary, Equilibrium, Tradewind Rider
4 months ago
Nice deck! You might like these: Drumhunter, Ohran Frostfang, Druids' Repository, Seedborn Muse, Patron of the Orochi, Leafkin Druid, Somberwald Sage, Garruk's Packleader, Archetype of Endurance, Spearbreaker Behemoth, Soul of New Phyrexia, Colfenor's Urn, Cauldron of Souls, Temur Sabertooth, Thunderfoot Baloth, Keeper of Fables