Kamahl, Fist of Krosa
Legendary Creature — Human Druid
(Green): Target land becomes a 1/1 creature until end of turn. It's still a land.
(2)(Green)(Green)(Green): Creatures you control get +3/+3 and gain trample until end of turn.
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Recommendations View more recommendations
Latest Decks as Commander
Kamahl, Fist of Krosa Discussion
1 month ago
Thank you for the Ideas guys! Neotrup I own Multani, Yavimaya's Avatar , I just didn't fall in love with the card Multani, Maro-Sorcerer has just always been a favorite card, that and Kamahl, Fist of Krosa are probably my two favorite cards of all time. Multani just always looked awesome on that card, and the flavor text is my second favorite to OG Raging Goblin .
1 month ago
Hey Patrick, just wanted to say I love the content you're putting out, and you've really inspired me to start to look into Higher Power/cEDH decks to build for myself, my first high powered deck last year actually being a budget version of your Teshar list. Your videos are on repeat for me either in the background while I write papers. I would love to join the Patreon and support you, but I barely have enough funds to play magic even right now so that's out of the picture. All I can offer to you is my thanks is the statement that you're probably my favorite MTG YouTuber!
Please don't feel like you have to read any of the following, it's just my ramblings/a few questions but it may be a long read so I won't be offended if you don't read it, as I know you don't typically keep budget cards in mind persay. Also hey, if leaving a comment can maybe help this awesome deck of yours to get more traction/attention on tappedout for whatever reason, even better.
I've been building my own Belbe list over the last few days and I had a few questions about potential cards to include? I don't always play in a cEDH meta really but have some really close to cEDH decks like a more 75% Brago, a Malcolm, Keen-Eyed Navigator + Vial Smasher the Fierce Curiosity control, and Godo Helm fairly often. I'm hoping to transition more towards cEDH in general and with this deck in particular.
As a college student with no real source of income right now I'm a bit low on funds and we don't typically use proxies in my group, so I don't particularly know if this is a good spot to ask about budget alternatives to the Mike Trike combo, but I figured I might as well give it a shot. I've watched the Cold Brew and the deck tech, but if I forget if you mentioned something from them I apologize when asking about a few cards. Do you have any particularly budget combos you would suggest that maybe you tried during testing? I recall you talking about Gravecrawler loops in the Cold Brew, and I'm thinking of maybe some of those combos as with the Bontu's Monument , Pitiless Plunderer and Carrion Feeder (already in my list) would be a solid win I feel.
Currently I'm mainly running a Protean Hulk line of Disciple of the Vault , Carrion Feeder / Viscera Seer , Melira, Sylvok Outcast , and Lesser Masticore for infinite drain. My meta doesn't run much GY hate so I'm feeling decent with this, but losing one piece usually leads to waffling out. I know you mentioned a Phyrexian Delver line so I may look more into that, maybe getting it and and a one drop sac outlet first plus Putrid Goblin / Blood Artist with the leftover mana for the second Hulk trigger? I'm unsure if that's way too clunky, but I'll have to see.
My back up win is currently a Necrotic Ooze line or two, but not Triskelion / Phyrexian Devourer lines as both together are like, over $60 which is money I can't really shell out right now. Right now I'm doing Devoted Druid + Channeler Initiate and Priest of Titania + Pili-Pala lines for infinite mana of any color. Only current outlet I really have is Walking Ballista , which while good, I can't always rely on with all the artifact hate in my groups. I was thinking of adding more creature outlets maybe as they're easier for me to tutor (only black tutor I have is Diabolic Intent since I was able to trade up for one) Perhaps Ezuri, Renegade Leader since I have Belbe and other dorks (10 Elves Total) or Kamahl, Fist of Krosa as overrun effects that I can sink infinite into? Or maybe something like Tergrid, God of Fright Flip to use the back side for an infinite Torment of Hailfire effect?
There were also one or two cards I wanted to ask you about, just to see if you thought they were decent enough to run in the list.
Bolas's Citadel is something I'm trying to run in my current list. It's been fairly diffuclt to get out with 3 black pips, but with Dark Ritual (which may be cut soon I'm unsure) it's been a nice thing to have, especially when I've been testing Aetherflux Reservoir with it? Maybe add a Sensei's Divining Top (something out of my budget in general, but I do have someone willing to trade me one) for a storm win? I feel like that could be a cool win con that makes use of colorless mana, and the pieces in general aren't bad outside the combo? I do think that with the high CMC of the deck, I will take a ton of damage of Citadel, but I think hitting a few pingers/dorks in a row and just gaining some life might be good actually? I'd love some feedback on that.
Decree of Pain has been working wonders for me. I know Culling Ritual was a godsend, and its a very amazing card in Belbe, but if my meta is very creature dependant I thought I needed more mass removal than just Ugin, the Spirit Dragon and Culling Ritual . Toxic Deluge is a bit out of my range right now, so I was trying this and even if it is mana intensive, I think it's a very good card depending on your meta since it can be Cycled for 5 to kill all 2 or less tougness things? The cycling saved me once or twice against a Najeela deck with counter magic known to the table to be up. On the other hand while it costs 8, I've mostly payed for it with Belbe mana and drawn upwards of 6 cards off it.
Chalice of the Void I was able to trade for this and have been enjoying putting it on 0 for the Underworld Breach lines the Malcolm list uses in particular, or to even shut off some 3 cmc commanders after getting Belbe mana. Would it be better to trade this for another stax piece or two such as Static Orb or tanglewire?
Sorry for the long post. I hope you have a good day!
4 months ago
4 months ago
Sorry for the very lengthy reply. I just got swept up in this.
I've only played two games so my experience overall isn't going to tell me enough about how certain cards perform in various situations or if they're not synergizing enough with your strategy. I'm guessing you're on a budget. If your playgroup allows proxies, or money isn't an issue. Gaea's Cradle is always a great option in a deck that generates lots of token creatures, and you're already running Crop Rotation . The budget option to cradle though is Growing Rites of Itlimoc Flip. When I began my 2nd game playing this deck I was very concerned since one opponent was running Angus Mackenzie which usually just neuters this kind of strategy. I mean I lost that game for other reasons, but if it had dragged on I probably would need a lot of luck to have instant speed removal for Angus and enough power to alpha strike or I'd just lose to forever fog. That's certainly an edge case, but a tad more removal could be helpful to rid yourself of problematic creatures or other effects. Song of the Dryads and Kenrith's Transformation are a couple of great options. The only other creature that doesn't do something like fight that shot to the front of my mind to get around Angus was Questing Beast .
However, simply looking at the list and thinking about good options in general I would say the following cards should be considered for replacement:
- Colossal Majesty its a bit slow compared to other green card draw. Sylvan Library is probably the best replacement if money is no issue. Beast Whisperer is decent and you can tutor it. There are great one-time effects considering the swarm you usually have like Shamanic Revelation and Regal Force . Harmonize is always a solid option. Oakhame Adversary is usually getting through because of deathtouch and you can always leave him as a blocker. Depending on your meta Runic Armasaur can net you plenty of cards.
- Liege of the Tangle feels like you'd be better off with something that helps finish the game the turn it enters the battlefield for this much mana. Craterhoof Behemoth or something like that would be nice, but if you're content with the pump that you get from Kamahl then perhaps Bane of Progress would be nice to wipe the pesky artifacts and enchantments. God-Eternal Rhonas is another decent buff to finish with. Great Oak Guardian could potentially be a finisher with your ability to turn lands into creatures and Temur Sabertooth as a way to recast the treefolk again and again.
- Nylea, Keen-Eyed I feel like she is a decent card, especially since she is indestructible, but her activated ability is pretty costly for only digging 1 card. I would prefer Duskwatch Recruiter Flip for this kind of effect and if it flips it does the cost reduction. If you're after an indestructible creature here then Rhonas the Indomitable is great for the deathtouch as a blocker or threat, and his pump + trample effect. For other nice cost reducers there's Emerald Medallion and Rhonas's Monument .
- Curious Herd was a dead card for me in one of my games where I drew it. I ended up discarding it when I ended a turn at 8 cards in hand. I can see that it has potential in some matchups, but its is a bit meta dependent. Arachnogenesis would probably be an upgrade in many cases, but again meta dependant.
- Magus of the Order I was surprised when I saw this in my hand because I didn't realize it had been printed. 2020 was a blur. However, as it stands there were not a lot of great targets for this to go tutor into play. Avenger, Nyxbloom, of Baloths were the primary options to me since Leige needs to swing and connect in order to do something and wait a turn before the lands can attack giving opponents a chance to wipe your board (including 8/8 lands). Actual Natural Order would be preferable since it is less telegraphed, but still need better finisher, utility, value to tutor for. Craterhoof, Bane of Progress, or maybe something like Apex Devastator for all the silly cascades.
- Roiling Regrowth -> Harrow (generally won't get countered so the additional cost on cast of sacrificing a land is a minimal risk) or if you want a body Springbloom Druid .
- Bow of Nylea it certainly has its utility, but something like Ohran Frostfang may be better for the deathtouch buff and supplemental card draw.
Other cards to consider:
- Skyshroud Claim it doesn't have the option to cycle, but untapped lands can really help in situations where you've doubled or tripled your mana produced.
- Zendikar Resurgent is just a great card.
- Eternal Witness works great with Temur Sabertooth and is generally just a great card.
- Overwhelming Stampede just a nice alternative finisher to Kamahl incase he's too expensive to get back on the field.
- Kogla, the Titan Ape not a lot of humans in your current iteration to have his bounce ability be useful like Temur Sabertooth , but he's still another way to fight a problematic creature and he can remove an artifact/enchantment per attack.
- Champion of Lambholt with so many token creatures you can get this up to a point where your creatures are unblockable.
- Soul of the Harvest is another solid source of incremental card draw.
- Triumph of the Hordes is a nice surprise finisher, especially against someone with near-infinite life.
- Carpet of Flowers meta dependent, but excellent ramp.
- Elder Gargaroth beefy, and has useful options every attack.
- Bellowing Tanglewurm since Kamahl already can pump, this can help get your alpha strike in.
- Kamahl, Fist of Krosa can just be a fun deterrent to board wipes if you have enough mana available to turn your opponent's lands into creatures in response.
- Oracle of Mul Daya just amazing for landfall theme.
- Gaea's Touch is a budget friendly option to help put more lands into play per turn, but they need to be basic forests.
- Tireless Tracker a bit grindy, but nice way to spend mana when you have nothing better to do. Also the treasure token trigger Kodama of the East Tree to allow you to put another land into play.
Some combo suggestions:
- Quirion Ranger + Ashaya, Soul of the Wild to use the ranger's ability to return the ranger and untap any other creature that can tap for mana to recast the range and repeat for infinite cast triggers, creature ETB triggers for other permanents that care, and "landfall" triggers. Scryb Ranger can also work if your "lands" produce an additional green or if you have a way to give them haste like Lightning Greaves or Concordant Crossroads .
- Cloudstone Curio + Kodama of the East Tree to put a land into play, bounce another land, resolve Kodama trigger to put that land back into play and bounce the first land for as many additional lands you can play per turn. This becomes infinite if you have a permanent that generates any kind of token on landfall trigger.
5 months ago
After seeing Mitch's Commander Quarters video on Kamahl, Fist of Krosa land destruction video I immediately knew I want to make 5 mono colored decks that do something that color isn't known for!
This is my green deck: https://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/kamahl-mono-green-land-hate/
This is my red deck: https://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/starke-mono-red-enchantress/
I know I want to go Aristocrat mono blue but I have yet to decide what I want to do with mono black.
8 months ago
I have been working crazy long hours recently so my play time at my LGS has taken a hit! However, the only 'main' problem I can see so far is that this deck is pretty mana hungry for making cheeky plays. As far as leaving up mana for Consumptive Goo or Rod of Ruin plays in tandem with Puppet Strings, Jandor's Saddlebags and Vhati, it can get costly. It is obvious that, with this being inspired by the B/G/x rock decks of old, we are very comfortable in the mid- late game. That is of course not to suggest we are bad in the early game either, we just do more as the games go on. Playing a criminally underrated Commander helps us as we are certainly NEVER the main focus at any table.
Notably (to probably, literally nobodies surprise) Seedborn Muse is the best play for this deck as fast as possible and is quite literally napalm stapled to a 2/4 body! Centaur Glade with Seedborn Muse and Kamahl, Fist of Krosa was pretty degenerate. Most of the decks I end up running into have a Taxes or Control type shell. Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite does not hurt this deck as bad as you'd think and access to green lets us power thru most Thalia, Guardian of Thraben or Grand Arbiter Augustin IV effects.
As for an upcoming 'Pre-Modern" styled deck, I am really intrigued by playing a 'Bleed Out' style deck with Ankh of Mishra, Manabarbs, Spellshock, Citadel of Pain and Sulfuric Vortex style jund deck. Commanders in the running's are Xira Arien or Adun Oakenshield to lead this idea! It's in the works :)
8 months ago
If you seek protection in mono green, there a several ways to do that. I hope my suggestions can be of some use to you.
- City of Solitude: no removal during your turn, although you also cannot interact with your opponents during their turns.
- Soul of New Phyrexia: can give your board indestructible for 5. Is not a shaman though.
- Kamahl, Fist of Krosa: you can punish/cheese your opponent with this card, by tapping your shamans and targeting their lands. With enough mana, you can Armageddon your opponents, if it is a creature boardwipe. You can also use it for it's Overrun effect lategame.