Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
For each creature your opponents control, create a 4/4 green Phyrexian Beast creature token. Each of those tokens fights a different one of those creatures.
DrukenReaps on The Madness of Fractal Being Manifested
2 months ago
Personally I find 35 lands to be the minimum I like to run. Rogue's Passage and Reliquary Tower have always served me well but you could also just do 2 more basics.
Ezuri's Predation seems like a shoe in for this commander. Avenger of Zendikar would be good too. Biovisionary if you don't mind alt win-cons. Awaken the Woods and Arachnogenesis maybe?
I see a distinct lack of removal here, I like to run at least 10 removal cards. Otherwise you are kind of just at the mercy of your opponents. Ezuri's Predation that I already suggested can be one but here are some others- Aether Channeler, Perplexing Test, Beast Within, Rapid Hybridization, Reclamation Sage, Terastodon, Acidic Slime, Krosan Grip, Pongify, Return to Nature are all decent options. Some of these are good targets for making copies of too, which could get nutty with say Ezuri's Predation...
Hi_diddly_ho_neighbor on Altered Landscape (most fun EDH deck.. ever)
4 months ago
Profet93, Sandwurm Convergence doesn't make creature land tokens. They are just wurms, however, I can confirm that the anti-air clause is actually really strong. With that being said, since you are a lands deck PickleNutz, you could instead rely on cards like Constant Mists or Glacial Chasm to stay alive until you are ready to kill the table.
Have you seen any of the new cards from Brothers War? Awaken the Woods and Titania, Voice of Gaea Meld + Argoth, Sanctum of Nature Meld look like great fits for this deck.
Speaking of Titania, the O.G. Titania, Protector of Argoth and Zuran Orb combination works really will with Ashaya's "creatures are lands" clause.
The same can be said for Tireless Tracker and Scute Swarm
If you need another board wipe in mono-green, Ezuri's Predation is great.
Rude Awakening is a another Sylvan Awakening that lets you tap all your lands to cast all your spells while providing a way to untap them so you can still attack. Jolrael, Empress of Beasts is the O.G. of this effect. She is an interesting consideration since you can hold an opponent at ransom with her ability. I had an old commander deck built around her where I routinely thwarted board wipes by threatening to animate peoples lands in response.
You also have huge creatures so Rishkar's Expertise and Garruk's Uprising could bolster your card draw package.
Awesome deck! +1 from me
Grind on Trostani and Karametra are BFFs
7 months ago
Any thoughts about Ezuri's Predation or Luminarch Ascension?
Cheers and have fun!!
Guerric on Lathril's Relentless Elves
1 year ago
As for things to cut, here is my list-
Cards to definitely cut- 1) Abomination of Llanowar he's just a big, dumb of elf with a target on his back for removal. There are better options. At least Drove of Elves has hexproof, but I wouldn't even play that. The only one I'd play is Jagged-Scar Archers, and that's because of its utility against flyers.
2) Elvish Rejuvenator He gets a land, but doesn't actually ramp you. And that is if you get a land- you might whiff. You have better options. If you really want this effect Sylvan Ranger costs one less mana and is guaranteed to not whiff.
3) Eyeblight Cullers 5cmc is just too much for something that only gives you three tokens on its death, and you have no mill synergy.
4) Golgari Findbroker This card was made for draft. It just costs too much for what it does. Its not just the four cmc, 2 and 2 is a high opportunity casting cost.
5) Harald, King of Skemfar He's basically a 3/2 with menace that replaces himself. The clause on Tyvar might seem good if you add him (which is good idea, btw- he'll be worth it even if he doesn't stick around too long), but even then you have to remember that he won't find Tyvar the majority of the time. Again, its nice he replaces himself and gives you some selection, but there are better options.
6) Jaspera Sentinel Dorks are great, but you have to tap two creatures for one mana, which is a bad rate in elves. There are better dorks suggested above.
7) Masked Admirers This is one of those cards that Wizards stuffs into every precon conceivable, even though its bad in most of them. We don't need it here.
8) Thornbow Archer He's only draining one life for each time he attacks. That isn't enough to justify his slot.
9) Voice of Many You get maybe three cards for four mana at most? He's not the worst and he does draw cards, but I've never liked him.
10) Voice of the Woods This might sound like a good use of your elves, but its better to pump your elves than to use them to summon elementals. Plus he costs five to cast.
11) Tergrid's Shadow We have a joke about this card in our playgroup, but in general it isn't what we want. Letting your opponents pick what they sacrifice means you'll rarely hit the thing you need to get rid of. You might as well just play Doom Blade or any other premium removal card in these colors. There are a lot!
12) Poison the Cup They just put this in the precon because foretell was a Kaldheim theme, but there are so many cheap (both in real world and mana cost) black removal cards that this one shouldn't make the cut.
13) Roots of Wisdom You're better off just playing Harmonize or getting one of the consistent draw pieces I suggested. This card won't do a lot for the slot in your deck.
14) Return Upon the Tide This just costs too much mana, and you have other better recursion pieces out there.
Cards to think about removing
1) Serpent's Soul-Jar This card could be good, but could also be a trap. Your graveyard is a resource, and exiling everything from it prevents mass recursion. Also, your opponents can target this with removal and you'll never get your stuff back. I'd probably just play Haunting Voyage, Patriarch's Bidding, and Living Death to get your goodies back for more fun!
2) Twinblade Assassins He does draw cards, and is probably at least as good as Phyrexian Arena while he lives. So you might keep him, but he costs 5cmc, so if you have enough card draw you might want to cut him.
3) Numa, Joraga Chieftain He can pump your stuff. But Kindred Summons, Genesis Wave, or the above mentioned Torment of Hailfire and Exsanguinate are much better ones!
4) Nullmage Shepherd This can allow us to remove problematic stuff. But tapping four elves is a bigger cost than we often want to pay. Something to think on.
5) Sylvan Messenger Again, this card does get us some draw, much like Lead the Stampede which I used to play does. I've just never found it good enough to include though. Nonetheless, you want at least ten pieces of draw, and this does count as that!
6) Eyeblight Massacre This will kill a lot of stuff, but will often leave what you most need to kill alive. Ezuri's Predation is a recently reprinted board wipe that is now more affordable and will wreck your opponents while leaving your stuff intact. In Garruk's Wake and Plague Wind cost a 25 cents each and will hose everyone but you, and because you are playing elves you can afford their cmc!
7) Ruthless Winnower Having played against this card I can attest that it is annoying, but your opponents will often kill it before it can have too much impact. If it were a lower cmc it would be a guaranteed in, at least it will take the heat off of more important cards. It is high at 5cmc though. Keeping it might be the right choice, but I'd at least consider it.
Guerric on Ezuri 2.0
1 year ago
You seem combo hesitant, but I would still encourage you to put Sage of Hours back in. It would be excessive if you put in twenty tutors for it and tried to rush it, but sometimes the game just needs to end, and Sage is a win out of nowhere card.
Since you're running Triumph of the Hordes you are clearly not averse to infect, so I'd go ahead and put in at least Blighted Agent if not a couple of others. This can be another way to knock out a player who is about to win and turn the tide of the game. I'm also a little surprised not to see Hadana's Climb Flip, which synergizes with your deck perfectly.
Also, it is clear you are trying to focus on one-sided board wipes, so why not Ezuri's Predation? I mean, wouldn't it be wrong not to include what might be the most flavorful card for this deck?
Also, this is a bit granular, but I'd just replace Withstand Death and like cards with counterspells like the original and Arcane Denial. They can protect your commander just as well, but can also stop a lot of other problematic things.
If I were building this I might lean into Reconnaissance Mission/Edric, Spymaster of Trest type cards with a few unblockables like Mist-Cloaked Herald and Slither Blade.
Overall you seem to have a pretty good and synergistic list, but some of the above suggestions might help you shore it up a bit.
AstroAA on [EDH][Primer] Sythis Enchantress Prison
1 year ago
Hello aisthetikos! Thank you for your comment!
That's a pretty nifty combo, albeit very mana-inefficient. I would personally much rather only pay the five mana for Nature's Revolt and either the four mana for Linvala, Keeper of Silence or the seven mana for Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite than an eight additional mana for Ezuri's Predation. Plus, with Ezuri's Predation, our opponents could save their stuff through the likes of Heroic Intervention or other methods of giving indestructible; Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite kills through indestructible, which is part of the reason as to why she is so good.
The only reason I run Craterhoof Behemoth is to act as a closer if I need to kill someone immediately. I've thought about cutting it before and am not against the prospect in the future. The deck itself doesn't run much recursion if we need to get something back, and it's a lot easier to get 40 damage to kill someone in a single turn than it is 70+ damage to mill someone out in a single turn - especially with this deck in regard to the fact that most of our creatures are 2/2's. If I were to mill someone out, it'd be using a method like Aluren + Whitemane Lion + Altar of the Brood. However, keep in mind - this is a deck designed to prevent our opponents from playing Magic, not a combo-oriented deck.
aisthetikos on [EDH][Primer] Sythis Enchantress Prison
1 year ago
Hi! I'm converting my Azusa Lands Alive deck to Sythis, and one of my pet interactions is giving everyone lands(not a requirement, but makes for a bigger boom), making all lands creatures, and casting Ezuri's Predation. It's a nice closer when you get tokens and blow up lands!
I also enjoy running Craterhoof Behemoth along side Altar of Dementia. One of my favorite win cons milling in mono green(soon to be GW)!
Megaspell on +1/+1 deck
1 year ago
Would Ezuri's Predation be an option for this deck?
It synergises pretty well with your commander.
I would probably take out Abundance seeing that you cut Cultivator Colossus recently.
|Want (5)||MarshCasualty , Aizakku , Amaterasu312 , MisfitGamer , Comrade__Cabbage|