Artifact — Equipment
Equipped creature has flying and haste.
Equip 2 (2: Attach to target creature you control. Equip only as a sorcery)
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Fleetfeather Sandals Discussion
6 months ago
Skyknight Vanguard is a pretty cheap knight with flying that also produces an additional body on attack although it is a soldier.
I’ve always like Fleetfeather Sandals since they give flying and hast to a creature.
Moonsilver Spear will make you some angel tokens that can be good flyers for the board.
A fun card I also always had in mind when I was working on a similar deck was Bludgeon Brawl since it will turn all of your mana rocks into equipment that will help your creatures hit hard.
8 months ago
This is not bad at all. I have a couple of suggestions off the top of my mind though...
First off, I highly recommend using custom tags to sort your cards. To do this, go into the "edit" mode where you can see your card list. It will look something like:
You can then add tags by using #Category after a card. For example:
1xArbor Elf #Ramp
This will assign Arbor Elf to the "Ramp" category. Unsorted cards are assigned to "Other" by default.
I recommend these categories;
- Ramp (Aim for 12-16 of these. A card that costs more than 4 mana is too slow to be reliably called Ramp)
- Draw (At least 12)
- Removal (Around 8, make sure you can deal with other commanders/creatures!!!)
- Sweepers (Boardwipes, Green doesn't really have many it's okay)
- Support (Stuff that isn't obviously powerful but makes certain cards in the deck busted. Examples are your equipment)
- Lands (Obviously. Aim for 34-37. This deck wants 34-36)
The remaining cards can be categorized based on the specific inner-workings of your deck. For example, this deck might have a "Big Bois" category for creatures that are just huge.
Depending on your sorting preferences, it can by okay to tag one creature with multiple tags. For example;
1x Thorn Mammoth #Removal #Big_Boi
Onto my Card Suggestions:
- Soul of the Harvest is nice for card draw and comes with a big smashy body + Trample.
- Arbor Elf and Elvish Mystic are fantastic replacements for Leaf Gilder and Druid of the Cowl , assuming you want to go for efficiency.
- Beast Within and Acidic Slime are super helpful for dealing with nonsense of all kinds.
- If you are willing to pay $1.50 a pop for them, Cultivate and Kodama's Reach are good additions and could replace Explosive Vegetation and Circuitous Route in a pinch. -Other really nice Ramp includes Rampant Growth , Wild Growth , Fertile Ground and Utopia Sprawl . Ramp is life. - Fierce Empath is cheap and very effective at finding your creature answers. I run it in any deck that likes to use specifically powerful creatures, AKA green ones, lol.
- These ones are a tiny bit janky and unreliable, but Ezuri's Predation , Whirlwind and Monstrous Onslaught are green boardwipes.
- Swiftfoot Boots . Assuming you really like haste and hexproof on a 12/12 trampler, it is worth having another copy of Lightning Greaves by a different name. Also, this card is hilarious: Fleetfeather Sandals
- Apex Altisaur can cause some havoc. Often, getting rid of your opponents' engine pieces is the difference between life and death.
- Surrak, the Hunt Caller is an overlooked Green Haste Boi who could do work in this deck.
- Silklash Spider just because I'm very used to going toe-to-toe with flying decks. Granted, that's just my meta, but Silklash still does work as a defender in the case of no fliers. Heck, you're still happy even if you don't see any fliers - you want a ground game in the first place!
- Yeva, Nature's Herald is CRAZY. She effectively also gives Ghalta haste, which is all kinds of sweet.
- Rogue's Passage . It doesn't even take up a nonland slot!!! Free VALUE!!!!
- Zendikar Resurgent because cards + mana = happiness
Onto the cards I would suggest cutting:
- Elixir of Immortality . Your deck doesn't ever want to be in a game where this utility would be useful. This card simply doesn't do much. You already have Eternal Witness and if you really want a late-game reload, try Creeping Renaissance or Seasons Past .
- Gigantosaurus is alright, but I'm not in love with a 10/10 with no abilities. I know, I know, he makes Ghalta cost only 2, but I still think there are better options. Trust me when I say a creature with some sort of utility is preferable here. Ideas include the aforementioned Soul of the Harvest , Primordial Sage or a fight creature such as Thorn Mammoth or even another removal creature like Woodfall Primus or Terastodon (sorry, I know these are all really high CMC). Generally, cards that don't have some sort of utility are just not going to save your life when things get ugly.
- New Horizons and Gift of Paradise could be replaced with faster ramp. For the sake of having creatures (for cards like Guardian Project and Beast Whisperer , not to mention Ghalta, Primal Hunger ), it would even be better to run Wood Elves , Springbloom Druid , Yavimaya Dryad , or Farhaven Elf .
- Diamond Mare just isn't relevant. Sorry, but if you are in a position where gaining a small amount of life matters, odds are any other good green card would have done more to prevent you from being in such a bad spot. Your deck wants to be the aggressor, and quite honestly your offense will be so scary that most opponents wouldn't even consider attack out of fear of provoking you and simultaneously tapping their defenders. It isn't uncommon for a Green deck to retain the highest life total for a long time without the need for lifegain.
- I think you have a few too many artifacts. Remember that your commander LOVES having creatures on the field, so finding ways to turn your artifact utility into creature utility will go far.
- Staff of Nin is very slow and could be something like Garruk's Packleader instead.
All things considered, you've got a reasonably strong lineup. In a broad sense, I would recommend finding ways to include creatures with utility, since Ghalta appreciates bodies on the board and interaction allows you to curb your opponents' shenanigans as much as possible. Additionally and as I noted, there are fairly budget-friendly ramp options for the deck that are purely faster. Remember to keep a close eye on your Ramp and Draw, as these are the lifeblood of a commander deck, midrange especially.
It is worth mentioning that I never go below 34 lands. 35, and 36 are usually safe, so if you find yourself land-starved just add like 2 Forests and that should help.
Overall, you've done a good job though. Good luck making edits and please feel free to contact me about further changes/advice. I LOVE deckbuilding and Green is one of my colors ;)
11 months ago
I was thinking of building a gwyn deck as well. Here are some cards I think could be cool to run in this deck. Obviously a lot of options.
- Colossus Hammer - this was built for syr gwyn in mind
- Explorer's Scope - ramp, always important
- Heartseeker - with gwyn, tap to kill target creature
- Surestrike Trident - if you have this and Colossus Hammer it reads, each creature taps to deal 10+ damage to an opponent.
- Ogre's Cleaver - cheap artifact and now free equip
- Haunted Cloak
- Infiltration Lens
- Vorrac Battlehorns - if you want to be mean, put this on syr gwyn
- Loxodon Warhammer
- Chariot of Victory
- Fleetfeather Sandals
- Moonsilver Spear - doesn't fit the theme but flying angels are always fun
- Scythe of the Wretched - this plus Grappling Hook means steal any creature you can kill that isn't tapped
- Strata Scythe - pick the best color of the three. keep in mind this includes lands opponents control
- Authority of the Consuls - slow everyone and gain life
- Blind Obedience - slow everyone down while draining them and gaining life
- Brave the Sands - never worry about swinging each turn and make chump blockers able to block two huge creatures
- Sigarda's Aid - just amazing
- Leonin Shikari - not a knight but now you can switch equipment for free in combat before damage is dealt
- Midnight Reaper
- Syr Alin, the Lion's Claw
- Knight of Grace
- Josu Vess, Lich Knight - late game win condition
- Mirran Crusader
- Vona, Butcher of Magan
- Fiendslayer Paladin
- Silverblade Paladin
Required are Syr Gwyn, Hero of Ashvale and Surestrike Trident . Then you can just go down the line of creatures attaching all of your power increasing equipment and tapping them for tons of damage. If you have Leonin Shikari and Brave the Sands out, then you can all out attack and then do the tapping out on the endstep before your turn. If you don't have Surestrike Trident but instead have Heartseeker then you can just kill a creature for each one you control.
1 year ago
Equip abilities can only be activated as sorceries (in other words, during your main phase and if the stack is empty), so no. See the reminder text on... Pretty much any equipment that has reminder text. Bone Saw , Shuko , Fleetfeather Sandals , etc. Some equipment like Cranial Plating , however, have additional activated abilities without the sorcery-speed restriction in addition to their equip abilities. Also, if you had a creature like Brass Squire with an instant-speed activated ability, you could pull this off. And of course, Leonin Shikari explicitly gets rid of this restriction.
1 year ago
First, I would like to start off by saying this deck is solid AF!! Happy to see a lot of what I initially thought I was going to recommend. So, how to help you improve:
- Concentrate for Mystic Remora one mana, that can yield more cards than concentrate ever could.
- Deep Freeze for Imprisoned in the Moon : Hits more things.
- Dreamscape Artist for Thought Vessel : faster mana and the hand-size is relevant
- Summary Dismissal for Mindbreak Trap : Same cost, but the possibility to be free. Lose out on the ability clause, so Idk if that was meta specific, if so disregard.
- Circular Logic for Disallow or Delay , either would be better. Circular doesn't scale too well in EDH unless it's mid game and you have very few ways to discard reactively.
- Worn Powerstone for Basalt Monolith : It's cheaper (money-wise) and the turn you waste with a worn powerstone for two mana is strictly worse.
- Runechanter's Pike for Fleetfeather Sandals flying seems great, but first strike plus all those spells you've been unloading into the grave sounds a bit stronger.
Considering how this is a voltron-esque deck, I am only going to pitch it, so you're aware. However, with 2 more rocks (ex: Gilded Lotus ) you can actually add Dramatic Reversal for the Isochron Scepter combo and go infinite mana. Though, you would need an outlet for this mana.
I hope you find this helpful!!
1 year ago
This is going to be a long comment, bear with me, but I still see too much of your old mimeo deck remnants in here that just don't belong. First and foremost, Muldrotha works primarily well with permanents - so you want to ideally be playing low cost planeswalekrs, creatures, enchantments and artifacts that you can replay from your graveyard. Having a little bit of mill is nice but you have a bit of unneeded stuff here - for example, you don't need extraneous spells such as traumatize, stitch together, dread summons, life/death, etc. With that you certainly don't need some of the higher end creatures such as Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger , Platinum Angel , Artisan of Kozilek , Deadeye Navigator and even Skithiryx, the Blight Dragon . Additionally you have some artifacts which make no sense, for example you don't need 3 haste enablers so cut Fleetfeather Sandals , Chromatic Lantern is kinda unnecessary and there are better 3 drop options, I think Mesmeric Orb just makes you more of a target than anything and you don't need to mill opponents, and Trailblazer's Boots adds nothing to the deck because you don't need evasion to win. Also, cut Windfall because all it does is fill your opponents graveyards and hand which is very counter to what you want. Windfall is really bad in this deck imo.
Cards to consider for addition -
Hope this helps
1 year ago
1 year ago
Hi there, I'm from the advertise your commander thread.
I used to have a Nin, the Pain Artist deck based on stealing and copying your opponents stuff. I always liked to win using your opponents cards, so its nice to see a deck with a similar theme.
I think your current build has a lot of room for optimization as there are many cards that have strictly or subjectively better counterparts. These are some suggestions for cards I would replace and what with:
Other cards that fit the theme of the deck: Clone, Stunt Double, Phyrexian Metamorph, Clever Impersonator, Roil Elemental, Vesuvan Doppelganger, Cackling Counterpart & Rite of Replication (Non budget: Bribery & Gilded Drake)
I would probably drop the flicker subtheme you currently have because you dont run a lot of creatures and go down a few lands (37 should be fine) in favor of more draw (Rhystic Study & Mystic Remora are nice). Also, one of the good things about black is the access to tutors. By adding tutors you increase the consistency of your deck, as they effectively serve as an extra copy of all the other cards in your deck. Lim-Dul's Vault, Beseech the Queen and Dark Petition are some good relatively cheap ones. (If you want to invest a bit of money in it, Demonic Tutor and Vampiric Tutor are great.)
I hope this helps and good luck with deckbuilding!
PS. Dont forget to comment on the previously posted deck in the 'advertise your commander deck' thread. ;)