Artifact — Equipment
Equipped creature has flying and haste.
Equip 2 (2: Attach to target creature you control. Equip only as a sorcery)
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Fleetfeather Sandals Discussion
1 month ago
2 months ago
Hey, here are some changes I might recommend while still staying on a budget. Fist, for a voltron deck I would probably drop the creature count a little bit as 29 is a little high. For this build I would probably eye something around 22-25. Also your land count is very low, I would bring that up to about 36 lands with several ways to search for lands, that will allow you to have plenty of mana and cast the bigger stuff in your deck.
Next, I would cut some cards that seeming underwhelming. Those are: Auriok Edgewright Auriok Bladewarden Fireblade Charger Leonin Relic-Warder , Evra, Halcyon Witness Shimmer Myr Spikeshot Elder , Wayfarer's Bauble ill talk about this one below, Leonin Bola Neglected Heirloom Flip Berserkers' Onslaught . So yeah once you know what to cut, it becomes very easy to make a bunch of additions.
Im not sure if you are married to the $50 budget, most of my suggestions here will be about $1 a piece but here's what I would add. First as mentioned we want better mana production, so you'll want Gift of Estates and Armillary Sphere over wayfarers bauble. In 700 games of commander, I've found that armillary sphere is just better than bauble for many reasons I wont go into right now. Fervent Champion , Sun Titan Kazuul's Toll Collector , 4 basic or flip lands, Flamekin Village Blackblade Reforged . Berserkers Onslaught can be a straight switch for True Conviction . Fleetfeather Sandals . Because your mana production is getting better, you can go just a little bigger on the top end of your deck. I might put 1 or 2 bigger equipments at the top end like Argentum Armor or maybe even a Scytheclaw . I would add Dismantling Wave and a Tome of Legends .
Here's some other very good cards on a budget that I might consider Forging the Tyrite Sword to cheap tutor, Ignite the Future excellent card draw Showdown of the Skalds also great card draw. Theres a whole package of cards you can use with Goblin Welder Goblin Engineer and Daretti, Scrap Savant and if you add those I would add a Neheb, Dreadhorde Champion . Because you have Toralf I might consider a few more red based board wipes like Chain Reaction or Magmaquake but i wouldnt say no to a Fumigate or a Rout either.
Anyway that should give you plenty to think about for now. Enjoy!
3 months ago
I'm really surprised at the lack of any real options for haste in this deck. Lightning Greaves or Swiftfoot Boots (or their cheaper cousin Fleetfeather Sandals , esp. considering how quick Yuriko can come out swinging with them.
Either way Tormented Soul gives you another unblockable 1-drop to help even out the way the deck leans blue(and uses less of your islands you'll want to use for your extra turns), and Gudul Lurker is another 1 drop unblockable. Cloud of Faeries with the mentioned Lightning Greaves means you could theoretically have Yuriko hitting a player turn 2.
8 months ago
Pauper EDH is always interesting, though I'm not GOOD at it haha. To me, the lowest priorities here seem to be Vault Skirge, Fleetfeather Sandals, and Lumithread Field -- they all seem like the lowest impact spells you have here.
1 year ago
Skyknight Vanguard is a pretty cheap knight with flying that also produces an additional body on attack although it is a soldier.
I’ve always like Fleetfeather Sandals since they give flying and hast to a creature.
Moonsilver Spear will make you some angel tokens that can be good flyers for the board.
A fun card I also always had in mind when I was working on a similar deck was Bludgeon Brawl since it will turn all of your mana rocks into equipment that will help your creatures hit hard.
1 year ago
This is not bad at all. I have a couple of suggestions off the top of my mind though...
First off, I highly recommend using custom tags to sort your cards. To do this, go into the "edit" mode where you can see your card list. It will look something like:
You can then add tags by using #Category after a card. For example:
1xArbor Elf #Ramp
This will assign Arbor Elf to the "Ramp" category. Unsorted cards are assigned to "Other" by default.
I recommend these categories;
- Ramp (Aim for 12-16 of these. A card that costs more than 4 mana is too slow to be reliably called Ramp)
- Draw (At least 12)
- Removal (Around 8, make sure you can deal with other commanders/creatures!!!)
- Sweepers (Boardwipes, Green doesn't really have many it's okay)
- Support (Stuff that isn't obviously powerful but makes certain cards in the deck busted. Examples are your equipment)
- Lands (Obviously. Aim for 34-37. This deck wants 34-36)
The remaining cards can be categorized based on the specific inner-workings of your deck. For example, this deck might have a "Big Bois" category for creatures that are just huge.
Depending on your sorting preferences, it can by okay to tag one creature with multiple tags. For example;
1x Thorn Mammoth #Removal #Big_Boi
Onto my Card Suggestions:
- Soul of the Harvest is nice for card draw and comes with a big smashy body + Trample.
- Arbor Elf and Elvish Mystic are fantastic replacements for Leaf Gilder and Druid of the Cowl , assuming you want to go for efficiency.
- Beast Within and Acidic Slime are super helpful for dealing with nonsense of all kinds.
- If you are willing to pay $1.50 a pop for them, Cultivate and Kodama's Reach are good additions and could replace Explosive Vegetation and Circuitous Route in a pinch. -Other really nice Ramp includes Rampant Growth , Wild Growth , Fertile Ground and Utopia Sprawl . Ramp is life. - Fierce Empath is cheap and very effective at finding your creature answers. I run it in any deck that likes to use specifically powerful creatures, AKA green ones, lol.
- These ones are a tiny bit janky and unreliable, but Ezuri's Predation , Whirlwind and Monstrous Onslaught are green boardwipes.
- Swiftfoot Boots . Assuming you really like haste and hexproof on a 12/12 trampler, it is worth having another copy of Lightning Greaves by a different name. Also, this card is hilarious: Fleetfeather Sandals
- Apex Altisaur can cause some havoc. Often, getting rid of your opponents' engine pieces is the difference between life and death.
- Surrak, the Hunt Caller is an overlooked Green Haste Boi who could do work in this deck.
- Silklash Spider just because I'm very used to going toe-to-toe with flying decks. Granted, that's just my meta, but Silklash still does work as a defender in the case of no fliers. Heck, you're still happy even if you don't see any fliers - you want a ground game in the first place!
- Yeva, Nature's Herald is CRAZY. She effectively also gives Ghalta haste, which is all kinds of sweet.
- Rogue's Passage . It doesn't even take up a nonland slot!!! Free VALUE!!!!
- Zendikar Resurgent because cards + mana = happiness
Onto the cards I would suggest cutting:
- Elixir of Immortality . Your deck doesn't ever want to be in a game where this utility would be useful. This card simply doesn't do much. You already have Eternal Witness and if you really want a late-game reload, try Creeping Renaissance or Seasons Past .
- Gigantosaurus is alright, but I'm not in love with a 10/10 with no abilities. I know, I know, he makes Ghalta cost only 2, but I still think there are better options. Trust me when I say a creature with some sort of utility is preferable here. Ideas include the aforementioned Soul of the Harvest , Primordial Sage or a fight creature such as Thorn Mammoth or even another removal creature like Woodfall Primus or Terastodon (sorry, I know these are all really high CMC). Generally, cards that don't have some sort of utility are just not going to save your life when things get ugly.
- New Horizons and Gift of Paradise could be replaced with faster ramp. For the sake of having creatures (for cards like Guardian Project and Beast Whisperer , not to mention Ghalta, Primal Hunger ), it would even be better to run Wood Elves , Springbloom Druid , Yavimaya Dryad , or Farhaven Elf .
- Diamond Mare just isn't relevant. Sorry, but if you are in a position where gaining a small amount of life matters, odds are any other good green card would have done more to prevent you from being in such a bad spot. Your deck wants to be the aggressor, and quite honestly your offense will be so scary that most opponents wouldn't even consider attack out of fear of provoking you and simultaneously tapping their defenders. It isn't uncommon for a Green deck to retain the highest life total for a long time without the need for lifegain.
- I think you have a few too many artifacts. Remember that your commander LOVES having creatures on the field, so finding ways to turn your artifact utility into creature utility will go far.
- Staff of Nin is very slow and could be something like Garruk's Packleader instead.
All things considered, you've got a reasonably strong lineup. In a broad sense, I would recommend finding ways to include creatures with utility, since Ghalta appreciates bodies on the board and interaction allows you to curb your opponents' shenanigans as much as possible. Additionally and as I noted, there are fairly budget-friendly ramp options for the deck that are purely faster. Remember to keep a close eye on your Ramp and Draw, as these are the lifeblood of a commander deck, midrange especially.
It is worth mentioning that I never go below 34 lands. 35, and 36 are usually safe, so if you find yourself land-starved just add like 2 Forests and that should help.
Overall, you've done a good job though. Good luck making edits and please feel free to contact me about further changes/advice. I LOVE deckbuilding and Green is one of my colors ;)
1 year ago
I was thinking of building a gwyn deck as well. Here are some cards I think could be cool to run in this deck. Obviously a lot of options.
- Colossus Hammer - this was built for syr gwyn in mind
- Explorer's Scope - ramp, always important
- Heartseeker - with gwyn, tap to kill target creature
- Surestrike Trident - if you have this and Colossus Hammer it reads, each creature taps to deal 10+ damage to an opponent.
- Ogre's Cleaver - cheap artifact and now free equip
- Haunted Cloak
- Infiltration Lens
- Vorrac Battlehorns - if you want to be mean, put this on syr gwyn
- Loxodon Warhammer
- Chariot of Victory
- Fleetfeather Sandals
- Moonsilver Spear - doesn't fit the theme but flying angels are always fun
- Scythe of the Wretched - this plus Grappling Hook means steal any creature you can kill that isn't tapped
- Strata Scythe - pick the best color of the three. keep in mind this includes lands opponents control
- Authority of the Consuls - slow everyone and gain life
- Blind Obedience - slow everyone down while draining them and gaining life
- Brave the Sands - never worry about swinging each turn and make chump blockers able to block two huge creatures
- Sigarda's Aid - just amazing
- Leonin Shikari - not a knight but now you can switch equipment for free in combat before damage is dealt
- Midnight Reaper
- Syr Alin, the Lion's Claw
- Knight of Grace
- Josu Vess, Lich Knight - late game win condition
- Mirran Crusader
- Vona, Butcher of Magan
- Fiendslayer Paladin
- Silverblade Paladin
Required are Syr Gwyn, Hero of Ashvale and Surestrike Trident . Then you can just go down the line of creatures attaching all of your power increasing equipment and tapping them for tons of damage. If you have Leonin Shikari and Brave the Sands out, then you can all out attack and then do the tapping out on the endstep before your turn. If you don't have Surestrike Trident but instead have Heartseeker then you can just kill a creature for each one you control.
2 years ago
Equip abilities can only be activated as sorceries (in other words, during your main phase and if the stack is empty), so no. See the reminder text on... Pretty much any equipment that has reminder text. Bone Saw , Shuko , Fleetfeather Sandals , etc. Some equipment like Cranial Plating , however, have additional activated abilities without the sorcery-speed restriction in addition to their equip abilities. Also, if you had a creature like Brass Squire with an instant-speed activated ability, you could pull this off. And of course, Leonin Shikari explicitly gets rid of this restriction.