|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
Artifact — Equipment
Equipped creature has flying and haste.
Equip 2 (2: Attach to target creature you control. Equip only as a sorcery)
Fleetfeather Sandals Discussion
1 week ago
I was thinking of building a gwyn deck as well. Here are some cards I think could be cool to run in this deck. Obviously a lot of options.
- Colossus Hammer - this was built for syr gwyn in mind
- Explorer's Scope - ramp, always important
- Heartseeker - with gwyn, tap to kill target creature
- Surestrike Trident - if you have this and Colossus Hammer it reads, each creature taps to deal 10+ damage to an opponent.
- Ogre's Cleaver - cheap artifact and now free equip
- Haunted Cloak
- Infiltration Lens
- Vorrac Battlehorns - if you want to be mean, put this on syr gwyn
- Loxodon Warhammer
- Chariot of Victory
- Fleetfeather Sandals
- Moonsilver Spear - doesn't fit the theme but flying angels are always fun
- Scythe of the Wretched - this plus Grappling Hook means steal any creature you can kill that isn't tapped
- Strata Scythe - pick the best color of the three. keep in mind this includes lands opponents control
- Authority of the Consuls - slow everyone and gain life
- Blind Obedience - slow everyone down while draining them and gaining life
- Brave the Sands - never worry about swinging each turn and make chump blockers able to block two huge creatures
- Sigarda's Aid - just amazing
- Leonin Shikari - not a knight but now you can switch equipment for free in combat before damage is dealt
- Midnight Reaper
- Syr Alin, the Lion's Claw
- Knight of Grace
- Josu Vess, Lich Knight - late game win condition
- Mirran Crusader
- Vona, Butcher of Magan
- Fiendslayer Paladin
- Silverblade Paladin
Required are Syr Gwyn, Hero of Ashvale and Surestrike Trident . Then you can just go down the line of creatures attaching all of your power increasing equipment and tapping them for tons of damage. If you have Leonin Shikari and Brave the Sands out, then you can all out attack and then do the tapping out on the endstep before your turn. If you don't have Surestrike Trident but instead have Heartseeker then you can just kill a creature for each one you control.
5 months ago
Equip abilities can only be activated as sorceries (in other words, during your main phase and if the stack is empty), so no. See the reminder text on... Pretty much any equipment that has reminder text. Bone Saw , Shuko , Fleetfeather Sandals , etc. Some equipment like Cranial Plating , however, have additional activated abilities without the sorcery-speed restriction in addition to their equip abilities. Also, if you had a creature like Brass Squire with an instant-speed activated ability, you could pull this off. And of course, Leonin Shikari explicitly gets rid of this restriction.
7 months ago
First, I would like to start off by saying this deck is solid AF!! Happy to see a lot of what I initially thought I was going to recommend. So, how to help you improve:
- Concentrate for Mystic Remora one mana, that can yield more cards than concentrate ever could.
- Deep Freeze for Imprisoned in the Moon : Hits more things.
- Dreamscape Artist for Thought Vessel : faster mana and the hand-size is relevant
- Summary Dismissal for Mindbreak Trap : Same cost, but the possibility to be free. Lose out on the ability clause, so Idk if that was meta specific, if so disregard.
- Circular Logic for Disallow or Delay , either would be better. Circular doesn't scale too well in EDH unless it's mid game and you have very few ways to discard reactively.
- Worn Powerstone for Basalt Monolith : It's cheaper (money-wise) and the turn you waste with a worn powerstone for two mana is strictly worse.
- Runechanter's Pike for Fleetfeather Sandals flying seems great, but first strike plus all those spells you've been unloading into the grave sounds a bit stronger.
Considering how this is a voltron-esque deck, I am only going to pitch it, so you're aware. However, with 2 more rocks (ex: Gilded Lotus ) you can actually add Dramatic Reversal for the Isochron Scepter combo and go infinite mana. Though, you would need an outlet for this mana.
I hope you find this helpful!!
8 months ago
This is going to be a long comment, bear with me, but I still see too much of your old mimeo deck remnants in here that just don't belong. First and foremost, Muldrotha works primarily well with permanents - so you want to ideally be playing low cost planeswalekrs, creatures, enchantments and artifacts that you can replay from your graveyard. Having a little bit of mill is nice but you have a bit of unneeded stuff here - for example, you don't need extraneous spells such as traumatize, stitch together, dread summons, life/death, etc. With that you certainly don't need some of the higher end creatures such as Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger , Platinum Angel , Artisan of Kozilek , Deadeye Navigator and even Skithiryx, the Blight Dragon . Additionally you have some artifacts which make no sense, for example you don't need 3 haste enablers so cut Fleetfeather Sandals , Chromatic Lantern is kinda unnecessary and there are better 3 drop options, I think Mesmeric Orb just makes you more of a target than anything and you don't need to mill opponents, and Trailblazer's Boots adds nothing to the deck because you don't need evasion to win. Also, cut Windfall because all it does is fill your opponents graveyards and hand which is very counter to what you want. Windfall is really bad in this deck imo.
Cards to consider for addition -
Hope this helps
8 months ago
9 months ago
Hi there, I'm from the advertise your commander thread.
I used to have a Nin, the Pain Artist deck based on stealing and copying your opponents stuff. I always liked to win using your opponents cards, so its nice to see a deck with a similar theme.
I think your current build has a lot of room for optimization as there are many cards that have strictly or subjectively better counterparts. These are some suggestions for cards I would replace and what with:
Other cards that fit the theme of the deck: Clone, Stunt Double, Phyrexian Metamorph, Clever Impersonator, Roil Elemental, Vesuvan Doppelganger, Cackling Counterpart & Rite of Replication (Non budget: Bribery & Gilded Drake)
I would probably drop the flicker subtheme you currently have because you dont run a lot of creatures and go down a few lands (37 should be fine) in favor of more draw (Rhystic Study & Mystic Remora are nice). Also, one of the good things about black is the access to tutors. By adding tutors you increase the consistency of your deck, as they effectively serve as an extra copy of all the other cards in your deck. Lim-Dul's Vault, Beseech the Queen and Dark Petition are some good relatively cheap ones. (If you want to invest a bit of money in it, Demonic Tutor and Vampiric Tutor are great.)
I hope this helps and good luck with deckbuilding!
PS. Dont forget to comment on the previously posted deck in the 'advertise your commander deck' thread. ;)
10 months ago
I replaced some cards with little use with a Duress, Murder, and a Gray Merchant of Asphodel . I had all of those on hand and I have some Fleetfeather Sandals that I may be able to substitute for the lightening greaves/swiftfoot boot.
11 months ago
These are some of the cards I'm going to take out soon for cards that synergize better with my token strategy. Also I'm taking out some of the mana rocks in favor of more lands. End Hostilities, Obelisk of Naya, Mirrorpool, Healer's Hawk, Wakening Sun's Avatar, Stone Quarry, Seer's Lantern, Hedron Crawler, Gruul Guildgate, Fleetfeather Sandals, Slice in Twain, Siege Wurm, Gruul Signet, Boros Guildgate.
Fleetfeather Sandals occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%