Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Creature — Elf Shaman
When Masked Admirers enters the battlefield, draw a card.
Whenever you cast a creature spell, you may pay . If you do, return Masked Admirers from your graveyard to your hand.
sean360 on Card creation challenge
1 week ago
Creature- Elf Bard
When ~ enters the battlefield, draw a card as long as an opponent controls a creature.
You may pay . If you do, return ~ from your graveyard to the battlefield. If you do, target creature must be blocked this turn is able. If a creature dies this turn, destroy target creature
"They draw a crowd and an alibi all in one."
A future vaudeville Masked Admirers. Keeping with the theme, make a futurized Selkie creature
MeneerDutchy on Henzie “The Toolman” Taylor ETB
8 months ago
Torgaar, Famine Incarnate Dusk Mangler Gruul Ragebeast Hornet Queen Meteor Golem Overseer of the Damned Regal Force Rune-Scarred Demon Terror of Mount Velus Titan of Industry Verdant Sun's Avatar Baleful Beholder Bane of Progress Blight-Breath Catoblepas Blitz Leech Brutalizer Exarch Cleanup Crew Dakmor Lancer Dark Hatchling Duplicant Earthshaker Giant Goremand Grave Titan Great Oak Guardian Greenwarden of Murasa Kodama of the East Tree Kogla, the Titan Ape Massacre Wurm Noxious Gearhulk Patron of the Vein Ravager Wurm Regal Behemoth Soul of the Harvest Sower of Discord Thief of Blood Ulvenwald Hydra Whiptongue Hydra Bloodtithe Collector Blossom Prancer Cavalier of Thorns Conclave Naturalists Custodi Lich Demanding Dragon Emrakul's Hatcher Fury Giant Ambush Beetle Gilt-Leaf Winnower Gray Merchant of Asphodel God-Eternal Rhonas Gruesome Scourger Ingot Chewer Indrik Stomphowler Invader Parasite Keldon Firebombers Massacre Girl Mindclaw Shaman Morkrut Banshee Nessian Game Warden Obsidian Charmaw Pharika's Mender Phyrexian Delver Predatory Nightstalker Priest of the Blood Rite Puppeteer Clique Qasali Slingers Regisaur Alpha Serpent Assassin Shadowborn Demon Shriekmaw Silverglade Elemental Stuffy Doll Stingerfling Spider Whiptail Moloch Wei Assassins Wild Celebrants Agent of Erebos Ancestral Statue Balustrade Spy Bloodboil Sorcerer Bramble Sovereign Cackling Fiend Carrion Imp Chain Devil Coal Stoker Dagger Caster Disciple of Bolas Dread Presence Flametongue Kavu Foundation Breaker Grief Intellect Devourer Kozilek's Predator Llanowar Empath Masked Admirers Mausoleum Turnkey Misfortune Teller Myconid Spore Tender Nekrataal Nantuko Cultivator Ondu Giant Oxidda Scrapmelter Quirion Trailblazer Rampant Rejuvenator Ravenous Chupacabra Sawblade Slinger Slippery Bogbonder Solemn Simulacrum Summoner's Egg Sylvan Messenger Traxos, Scourge of Kroog Umori, the Collector Voice of Many
seshiro_of_the_orochi on Nature's Raw Beauty | Savra, Queen of the Golgari
11 months ago
Cuts seem somewhat hard, as your list is pretty well put together. I found three cards that you could cut to make some room:
Riftsweeper doesn't seem too important. Ist this a meta call?
Masked Admirers is a fine card, but most of the time not worth it. Grave decks usually already have lots of value, so you'll propably not need this.
Glissa, the Traitor is powerful, but you only have 10 artifacts. If any of those get milled, Glissa is great, but Eternal Witness could do the job as well.
With three slots open, I'd add Revel in Riches, Spawning Pit and Pest Infestation. Valentin and Executioner actually seem worse than most of what you're doing here.
Guerric on Lathril's Relentless Elves
1 year ago
As for things to cut, here is my list-
Cards to definitely cut- 1) Abomination of Llanowar he's just a big, dumb of elf with a target on his back for removal. There are better options. At least Drove of Elves has hexproof, but I wouldn't even play that. The only one I'd play is Jagged-Scar Archers, and that's because of its utility against flyers.
2) Elvish Rejuvenator He gets a land, but doesn't actually ramp you. And that is if you get a land- you might whiff. You have better options. If you really want this effect Sylvan Ranger costs one less mana and is guaranteed to not whiff.
3) Eyeblight Cullers 5cmc is just too much for something that only gives you three tokens on its death, and you have no mill synergy.
4) Golgari Findbroker This card was made for draft. It just costs too much for what it does. Its not just the four cmc, 2 and 2 is a high opportunity casting cost.
5) Harald, King of Skemfar He's basically a 3/2 with menace that replaces himself. The clause on Tyvar might seem good if you add him (which is good idea, btw- he'll be worth it even if he doesn't stick around too long), but even then you have to remember that he won't find Tyvar the majority of the time. Again, its nice he replaces himself and gives you some selection, but there are better options.
6) Jaspera Sentinel Dorks are great, but you have to tap two creatures for one mana, which is a bad rate in elves. There are better dorks suggested above.
7) Masked Admirers This is one of those cards that Wizards stuffs into every precon conceivable, even though its bad in most of them. We don't need it here.
8) Thornbow Archer He's only draining one life for each time he attacks. That isn't enough to justify his slot.
9) Voice of Many You get maybe three cards for four mana at most? He's not the worst and he does draw cards, but I've never liked him.
10) Voice of the Woods This might sound like a good use of your elves, but its better to pump your elves than to use them to summon elementals. Plus he costs five to cast.
11) Tergrid's Shadow We have a joke about this card in our playgroup, but in general it isn't what we want. Letting your opponents pick what they sacrifice means you'll rarely hit the thing you need to get rid of. You might as well just play Doom Blade or any other premium removal card in these colors. There are a lot!
12) Poison the Cup They just put this in the precon because foretell was a Kaldheim theme, but there are so many cheap (both in real world and mana cost) black removal cards that this one shouldn't make the cut.
13) Roots of Wisdom You're better off just playing Harmonize or getting one of the consistent draw pieces I suggested. This card won't do a lot for the slot in your deck.
14) Return Upon the Tide This just costs too much mana, and you have other better recursion pieces out there.
Cards to think about removing
1) Serpent's Soul-Jar This card could be good, but could also be a trap. Your graveyard is a resource, and exiling everything from it prevents mass recursion. Also, your opponents can target this with removal and you'll never get your stuff back. I'd probably just play Haunting Voyage, Patriarch's Bidding, and Living Death to get your goodies back for more fun!
2) Twinblade Assassins He does draw cards, and is probably at least as good as Phyrexian Arena while he lives. So you might keep him, but he costs 5cmc, so if you have enough card draw you might want to cut him.
3) Numa, Joraga Chieftain He can pump your stuff. But Kindred Summons, Genesis Wave, or the above mentioned Torment of Hailfire and Exsanguinate are much better ones!
4) Nullmage Shepherd This can allow us to remove problematic stuff. But tapping four elves is a bigger cost than we often want to pay. Something to think on.
5) Sylvan Messenger Again, this card does get us some draw, much like Lead the Stampede which I used to play does. I've just never found it good enough to include though. Nonetheless, you want at least ten pieces of draw, and this does count as that!
6) Eyeblight Massacre This will kill a lot of stuff, but will often leave what you most need to kill alive. Ezuri's Predation is a recently reprinted board wipe that is now more affordable and will wreck your opponents while leaving your stuff intact. In Garruk's Wake and Plague Wind cost a 25 cents each and will hose everyone but you, and because you are playing elves you can afford their cmc!
7) Ruthless Winnower Having played against this card I can attest that it is annoying, but your opponents will often kill it before it can have too much impact. If it were a lower cmc it would be a guaranteed in, at least it will take the heat off of more important cards. It is high at 5cmc though. Keeping it might be the right choice, but I'd at least consider it.
multimedia on Sultai One or the Other?
1 year ago
Hey, well done first attempt on a budget.
Something to consider is taking more advantage of Ukkima being unblockable for repeatable draw when it does combat damage to an opponent and the draw takes no additional mana which is key. These kind draw options could replace some of the mutate creatures since they're only consistently going to trigger once when you mutate Ukkima.
Yes, you could mutate Ukkima again, but you don't have enough mutate creatures for that to consistently happen and most mutate takes a lot of mana which is really not worth it. You're more likely to do combat damage to a player with Ukkima then to mutate since all you have to do is attack. Some mutate creatures are better than others such as Sea-Dasher Octopus and Gemrazer.
- Keen Sense --> Mindleecher
- Curiosity --> Pouncing Shoreshark
- Sea-Dasher Octopus --> Dreamtail Heron
- Mask of Memory --> Cavern Whisperer
- Whispering Madness --> Auspicious Starrix
- Reconnaissance Mission --> Souvenir Snatcher
- Gemrazer --> Insatiable Hemophage
To take advantage of mutate with Ukkima you really want ways to return Ukkima to your hand since that will also return all the mutate creatures if they're mutated to Ukkima such as Crystal Shard. This lets you cast all the mutate creatures again to get the mutate effects again. I don't think it's worth including these effects, but they're options to make Ukkima better with mutate. Repeatable draw gives you more card advantage without having to jump through hoops or spend a lot of mana.
It's helpful in Commander when you have at least 10 draw sources and at least 10 ramp sources to make gameplay smoother. I tend to have more than 10 sources of each of these, but start with 10. Sources that are repeatable are most important. Some more ramp could be added replacing some of the lesser creatures.
- One with Nature --> Vorapede
- Incubation Druid --> Master Thief
- Farseek --> Masked Admirers
- Fertile Ground --> Treeshaker Chimera
- Woodland Chasm --> Jungle Hollow
- Rimewood Falls --> Woodland Stream
Woodland Chasm and Rimewood Falls are budget lands that Farseek can search for, it can also search for Sunken Hollow. It's nice when 2 mana land ramp can get a dual land rather than just a basic land.
Masked Admirers is draw and it can be repeatable, but it's draw one card the first time for 4 mana and then combined for 6 mana each time after which is very lackluster. Treeshaker Chimera is also draw, but it's also 7 mana who wants to attack and hopefully die to draw, that's too much to draw three cards.
You could expand on the theme of +1/+1 counters with Forgotten Ancient. Who repeatedly puts a counter on itself each time any player casts a spell and then at your upkeep you can move any amount of counters from it to other creatures you control. The act of moving counters is the same as putting the counters on other creatures which triggers Simic Ascendancy.
- Forgotten Ancient --> Glowstone Recluse
Good luck with your deck.
multimedia on Latty the baddie
1 year ago
Hey, one drop green mana Elves are really good, a big reason to play Elves. They aren't just ramp with Lathril they're also fuel for her activated ability when you don't need them for ramp and lets you get more Elves onto the battlefield quicker.
- Elves of Deep Shadow: can tap for black mana which is helpful with a lot of Forests.
- Fyndhorn Elves
- Elvish Mystic
- Llanowar Elves
- Arbor Elf: combos with Elvish Guidance when it's enchanted to a Forest.
- Birchlore Rangers: lets you tap Elf tokens the turn they're created to make mana, even black mana.
Staff of Domination does everything as a mana sink for Elves and can be an enabler for Lathril to be a win condition. With Staff you first make infinite green mana by tapping and untapping one of Archdruid, Marwyn(with 5 or more power), Priest of Titania, Circle or Wirewood Channeler. When you have infinite green mana then Staff is the mana sink to draw and cast enough Elves to control 10 or more. When you have 10 or more Elves then Staff can be the mana sink to repeatedly untap Lathril and each one the 10 Elves as the win condition.
Quest for Renewal is another enabler for Lathril and 10 Elves to be win condition. When Quest has four counters which is not difficult especially with more mana Elves, you can untap all creatures you control during each opponents turn. With Lathril each opponent loses 10 life on each player's turn, resulting in all opponents losing 40 life in one cycle of all player's turns if you have three opponents.
Chord of Calling is a helpful instant creature tutor since can tap Elves to help to pay for it's convoke, with enough Elves it's a free spell to cast and it puts the creature you search for onto the battlefield. It has nice interaction with Elf tokens since can tap them to convoke the turn they're created. With Chord get Ezuri or Miara, Thorn of the Glade in response to removal, get Archdruid so you can tap him on your turn, get Magistrate so you can tap her on your next turn, get Varragoth so you can attack with him on your next turn, etc.
Patriarch's Bidding is among the most powerful tribal spells for quick recovery. For five mana it reanimates all Elves in your graveyard. Play a Regrowth just to have another potential Chord or Bidding or recur any other card.
An area to consider improving to help with competitiveness is the manabase by upgrading to Golgari dual lands that ETB untapped.
- Undergrowth Stadium --> Foul Orchard
- Llanowar Wastes --> Golgari Guildgate
- Overgrown Tomb --> Jungle Hollow
- Unclaimed Territory --> Darkmoss Bridge
- Twilight Mire --> Cabal Stronghold
- Woodland Cemetery --> Skemfar Elderhall
Cabal Stronghold only works with basic Swamps and there's only 9 here which is not enough to really get much if any ramp making it consistently only a colorless source of mana.
Some cards to consider cutting: Blightbeetle, Mana Bloom, Terramorph, Serpent's Soul-Jar, Return Upon the Tide, Masked Admirers, Wild Pair, Golgari Guildmage, Korozda Guildmage, Rhys the Exiled, Blanchwood Armor, Dowsing Dagger Flip, Harvest Season
If Blightbeetle is tech in your playgroup than nice, but if it's not then it looks out of place. Most if not all mana ramp sources can come from actual Elves instead of other sources like Mana Bloom or land ramp like Terramorph. I would even play one drop mana Elf or Farhaven Elf over Cultivate or Harvest Season.
Serpent's Soul-Jar is not a good card, exiling an Elf when it dies is not a may you have to do it and hoping to be able to cast many Elves later, one at a time with Jar is not going to consistently happen. Instead most if not all your exiled Elves will be stuck in exile for the rest of the game because Jar will be destroyed or removed another way.
Good luck with your deck.
Vessiliana on MY COMMANDER IS A MANA ROCK ♡ [PRIMER]
1 year ago
I was looking over your list, and it seems likely you'd often have a bit of left over now and again. Have you thought of Masked Admirers in place of Solemn Simulacrum? Sure, they lack the land on entry, but you can always recur them to hand for when something dies, and you can replay them for more cards...
DarkRequiem on Eladamri LoL Elf Forestwalk
2 years ago
There are a few cards making very little sense to me:
Primal Amulet - Right now you're running 4 instants & sorceries.
Library of Leng - Are you drawing that much? Is your meta that full of discard? Reliquary Tower would be a better fit unless your meta is really heavy on discard.
Grinding Station - You're playing few artifacts. I think I counted 13. Might be wrong though. Still, most of those artifacts are stuff you don't want to sac.
Tower Above + Bequeathal - Your commander gives shroud to most of your creatures. You don't want to target them 99.9% of the time. Considering your commander and the fact that people will try to get rid of it asap I might go with Myth Unbound.
Most of the lands coming into play tapped. Most of them are subpar.
Adaptive Automaton - Elves have more than enough lords. No need for a non-green creature.
Allosaurus Rider - Although I'm not against this card per se, I think you'll need to play more stuff to make it work. Blighted Woodland and Myriad Landscape + Kodama's Reach and whichever other mana ramp you can add to the deck.
Beast of Burden - There are elves that do this. Heedless One, Jagged-Scar Archers and Drove of Elves (which you're playing) are elves and they get shroud from the commander. The 1st has trample, the 2nd kills fliers and the 3rd has hexproof which is good when your commander is out.
Bloom Tender - This card belongs in multicolored decks. Preferably 3 or more colors. You have several elves that tap for G, costing 1 cmc. At 2 cmc you'll prefer Priest of Titania.
Fangren Marauder - High CMC, triggers on artifacts destroyed only and does something that comes natural to elves: lifegain. Wellwisher is way better.
Llanowar Mentor - You're not playing madness, I don't see anything to abuse cards from your grave... Freyalise, Llanowar's Fury is way better.
Mishra's Self-Replicator - Feeds Grinding Station, I know. Still, not that good, I believe.
Scattershot Archer - Unless you're seeing lots of x/1 fliers on your meta, this is pointless. Hurricane, Tornado Elemental, Whirlwind and so many other cards are better.
Shaman of Spring - Masked Admirers does the same, has the same cmc and is repeatable.
Silhana Wayfinder - I'd prefer Wood Elves.
Spire Tracer - Meh.
Weatherseed Elf - Might work if you find a way of turning your non-green opponents lands into forests. My fav way is Deepwood Elder.
Some cards you might consider:
Caller of the Claw and Fresh Meat- Anti-mass removal!
Dwynen, Gilt-Leaf Daen, Elvish Champion, Imperious Perfect, Joraga Warcaller, Elvish Clancaller, Canopy Tactician and Elvish Warmaster - Elf lords for all kind of tastes.
Glissa Sunseeker and Nullmage Shepherd - Artifact and enchantment removal.
Lys Alana Huntmaster - Token generation. Self explanatory, I believe.
Marwyn, the Nurturer - Mana acceleration.
Wolf-Skull Shaman - Card advantage. Works quite well with Sylvan Library.