Orzhov Basilica enters the battlefield tapped.
When Orzhov Basilica enters the battlefield, return a land you control to its owner's hand.
: Gain .
|Want (4)||Throl7 , catanthill , AndrewsLuz , UnitedWeStand|
Printings View all
|Ravnica Allegiance: Guild Kits (GK2)||Common|
|Commander 2018 (C18)||Uncommon|
|Iconic Masters (IMA)||Uncommon|
|Commander 2017 (C17)||Common|
|Commander Anthology (CM1)||Common|
|Commander 2016 (C16)||Uncommon|
|Commander 2015 (C15)||Common|
|Modern Masters 2015 Edition (MM2)||Uncommon|
|Commander 2013 (C13)||Common|
|MTG: Commander (CMD)||Common|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Orzhov Basilica occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.09%
WB (Orzhov): 1.49%
WUB (Esper): 0.67%
RBW (Mardu): 0.88%
Orzhov Basilica Discussion
5 days ago
Hey, since your deck is low budget consider adding more cards to take advantage of your best card? Your best card is Tymna :)
You have the right idea with wanting to add Kunoros and Kambal. Kunoros because of menace evasion, lifelink and it's a hatebear. Kambal because he can be a repeatable source of life gain. With Tymna you want more creatures who have evasion so they can more easily do combat damage.
White has many good budget flying creatures. Hatebears who fly and can also disrupt your opponents are good in multiplayer Commander: Aven Mindcensor, Kinjalli's Sunwing, Hushbringer, Tomik, Distinguished Advokist, Archon of Absolution. Flying creatures who can create flying tokens: Emeria Angel, Archon of Sun's Grace can be repeatable sources of flying creatures. You also want more repeatable sources of life gain to safely keep triggering Tymna: Soul Warden, Soul's Attendant, Wingmate Roc, Answered Prayers.
Cards that create flying tokens are nice to go wide which helps to attack more than one opponent. Spirit Bonds and Sacred Mesa can be repeatable source of flying tokens. Lingering Souls, Spectral Procession, Battle Screech, Midnight Haunting create flying tokens. Entreat the Angels can create a lot of 4/4 Angels. With more creatures with flying then you can play Sephara, Sky's Blade who has a powerful effect for flying creatures, has lifelink and other flying creatures reduce her casting cost.
Other budget cards ($1-$2 or less each) to consider adding:
- Lands: Command Tower, Tainted Field, Esper Panorama, Terramorphic Expanse, Ash Barrens, Orzhov Basilica
- Ramp: Talisman of Hierarchy, Dark Ritual, Heraldic Banner
- Fliers: Remorseful Cleric, Healer's Hawk, Vampire Nighthawk, Aerial Responder
- Tutors: Diabolic Tutor
- Removal: Swords to Plowshares, Kaya's Guile, Mortify
- Removal: Heliod's Intervention, Cleansing Nova
I offer more advice including what cards to cut. Would you like more advice?
Good luck with your deck.
1 month ago
Hey, nice budget version of Teysa.
Karmic Guide and Reveillark are excellent with the Aristocrat strategy. They can reanimate each other and with a sac outlet they make a dying loop with each other. This loop also lets you reanimate all the 2 or less power creatures in your graveyard with Lark. Adding an aristocrat before or reanimating one during the loop can be a win condition.
Lark triggers Teysa when it leaves the battlefield, if it left the battlefield as a result of it dying, letting you reanimate four creatures. Even without Guide Lark is worth adding because of the interaction with Teysa.
Buried Alive and Final Parting are budget tutors that can setup this interaction. Altar of Dementia is a two drop budget sac outlet that can infinite mill your opponents with Guide + Lark. Or use Dementia in combination with Guide + Lark to self-mill yourself until you mill an aristocrat to reanimate with Lark.
Good luck with your deck.
2 months ago
So, I would recommend adding more card advantage - the amount here feels underwhelming. Also, I would try to swap in 2 maan ramp for the current 3 mana stuff. The talsimans are really good here if you're preventing damage ( Talisman of Indulgence , Talisman of Hierarchy , Talisman of Conviction ) as well as the signets ( Rakdos Signet , Boros Signet , Orzhov Signet ). You aslo have stuff like Fellwar Stone and the new Arcane Signet . You also have cards like Burnished Hart and Wayfarer's Bauble which help you straight up get lands.
I would also cut the Orzhov Basilica , you have lots of tapped lands and this will just slow you down more.
3 months ago
Cheap cards u should get some amount of:
General value goodstuff:
Skullclamp (probably the most powerful equipment in the game. And drawing cards is fucking awesome)
Reanimation (very good when you're actively putting cards from your deck into your graveyard):
Mausoleum Secrets (very cool in your deck)
You should probably choose whether you want the deck to be more or less focused on tokens. If you don't want tokens to be a main theme, you should probably just run Ophiomancer and a couple other generators and put in more reanimation effects like Phyrexian Delver .
You should still run Karmic Guide and Reveillark no matter what you do because they're too good not to. With a sac outlet, you can sacrifice them and bring them back an infinite number of times and kill your opponents with Komrade.
I would run quite a few sac outlets to make sure you can keep sacrificing your stuff for value. The best ones are Viscera Seer , Carrion Feeder and Cartel Aristocrat . Skullclamp works especially well with sac outlets
4 months ago
I think Irregular Cohort is better than Sunspire Gatekeepers in a deck like this, as you don't need to run Orzhov Guildgate any more to produce the 2/2 it creates. You could probably just run a mix of Scoured Barrens and Orzhov Basilica to replace them.
Also, you kind of need a sideboard, so I'll provide some suggestions for that:
5 months ago
Hey, this is a good start for budget. Consider upgrading the manabase with many budget lands from C19?
- Command Tower
- Exotic Orchard
- Ash Barrens
- Sunken Hollow
- Prairie Stream
- Caves of Koilos
- Irrigated Farmland
- Dimir Aqueduct
- Azorius Chancery
- Orzhov Basilica
Lands to consider cutting:
6 months ago
Here are some tips:
1) Try to keep deck size down to 60
2) Similar to #1, increase the number of four-ofs to increase consistency between games. (Generally, singles are for decks with tutors/heavy card draw. Your deck has neither so it relies the most on your starting hand). I'd consider cards like Cruel Celebrant , Blood Artist , Cordial Vampire
3) Cards like Call to the Feast shouldn't be 4-ofs because of the mana cost. 4-ofs should be cards that are great both early game and late game, and are part of your core strategy. Remember that high CMC cost cards don't need as many copies. For example, a 5 mana card can only be cast as early as turn 5 (fair decks). Therefore by then you'd have gone through 7+5 (Starting hand+5 draws) cards in your deck to have found it.
6) Increase the number of Champion of Dusk . This is because card draw in black/white is very rare and as a 5-mana cost creature, very good to your mana curve. By the time you amass 5 mana you can cast it, hopefully with quite a few vampires on the field. I'd use 3 of them.
6) Drop Ashes of the Abhorrent , it's not good enough. Enchantments/Artifacts here should buff up your creatures or generate creature tokens. (Creature-focused deck)
7) Remove Cliffhaven Vampire . This is because it's a "win-more" card. Here, it requires you to have a certain board state (aka ability to gain life) for it to be useful. As a general rule, higher mana cost investments should be able to turn around a bad situation (board wipe/etc) or require no boardstate when you cast it (aka "good on its own")
8) Remove Kambal, Consul of Allocation . This is because you don't want your strategy to be dependent on your opponent's (unless this is in your sideboard). What if the opponent is playing a creature deck? It'd be pretty useless.
9) Sanguine Bond 's effect is a little redundant here, we already have enough of this effect on the board
10) I'd consider removing Orzhov Basilica because most of the time you're going to need mana on turn two. I'd hate for your lands to be tapped when they come into play.
8 months ago
-esper: weak, better if you’re running expensive shock lands
-2 mana confluence? You mean one?
-nephalia: unless mill/discard is popular in our group
-guildgate: I don’t like slowlands in two color decks. I’d legit just replace these with basic lands
Bojuka Bog : graveyard hate
Mistveil Plains : super good recursion
Orzhov Basilica : cool cuz you can use the land you’re gonna return, then play this
Vault of the Archangel : great long game and surprise