|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Ravnica Allegiance: Guild Kits (GK2)||Common|
|Commander 2018 (C18)||Uncommon|
|Iconic Masters (IMA)||Uncommon|
|Commander 2017 (C17)||Common|
|Commander Anthology (CM1)||Common|
|Commander 2016 (C16)||Uncommon|
|Commander 2015 (C15)||Common|
|Modern Masters 2015 Edition (MM2)||Uncommon|
|Commander 2013 (C13)||Common|
|MTG: Commander (CMD)||Common|
Combos Browse all
Orzhov Basilica enters the battlefield tapped.
When Orzhov Basilica enters the battlefield, return a land you control to its owner's hand.
: Gain .
Orzhov Basilica Discussion
1 month ago
Cheap cards u should get some amount of:
General value goodstuff:
Skullclamp (probably the most powerful equipment in the game. And drawing cards is fucking awesome)
Reanimation (very good when you're actively putting cards from your deck into your graveyard):
Mausoleum Secrets (very cool in your deck)
You should probably choose whether you want the deck to be more or less focused on tokens. If you don't want tokens to be a main theme, you should probably just run Ophiomancer and a couple other generators and put in more reanimation effects like Phyrexian Delver .
You should still run Karmic Guide and Reveillark no matter what you do because they're too good not to. With a sac outlet, you can sacrifice them and bring them back an infinite number of times and kill your opponents with Komrade.
I would run quite a few sac outlets to make sure you can keep sacrificing your stuff for value. The best ones are Viscera Seer , Carrion Feeder and Cartel Aristocrat . Skullclamp works especially well with sac outlets
2 months ago
I think Irregular Cohort is better than Sunspire Gatekeepers in a deck like this, as you don't need to run Orzhov Guildgate any more to produce the 2/2 it creates. You could probably just run a mix of Scoured Barrens and Orzhov Basilica to replace them.
Also, you kind of need a sideboard, so I'll provide some suggestions for that:
2 months ago
Hey, this is a good start for budget. Consider upgrading the manabase with many budget lands from C19?
- Command Tower
- Exotic Orchard
- Ash Barrens
- Sunken Hollow
- Prairie Stream
- Caves of Koilos
- Irrigated Farmland
- Dimir Aqueduct
- Azorius Chancery
- Orzhov Basilica
Lands to consider cutting:
3 months ago
Here are some tips:
1) Try to keep deck size down to 60
2) Similar to #1, increase the number of four-ofs to increase consistency between games. (Generally, singles are for decks with tutors/heavy card draw. Your deck has neither so it relies the most on your starting hand). I'd consider cards like Cruel Celebrant , Blood Artist , Cordial Vampire
3) Cards like Call to the Feast shouldn't be 4-ofs because of the mana cost. 4-ofs should be cards that are great both early game and late game, and are part of your core strategy. Remember that high CMC cost cards don't need as many copies. For example, a 5 mana card can only be cast as early as turn 5 (fair decks). Therefore by then you'd have gone through 7+5 (Starting hand+5 draws) cards in your deck to have found it.
6) Increase the number of Champion of Dusk . This is because card draw in black/white is very rare and as a 5-mana cost creature, very good to your mana curve. By the time you amass 5 mana you can cast it, hopefully with quite a few vampires on the field. I'd use 3 of them.
6) Drop Ashes of the Abhorrent , it's not good enough. Enchantments/Artifacts here should buff up your creatures or generate creature tokens. (Creature-focused deck)
7) Remove Cliffhaven Vampire . This is because it's a "win-more" card. Here, it requires you to have a certain board state (aka ability to gain life) for it to be useful. As a general rule, higher mana cost investments should be able to turn around a bad situation (board wipe/etc) or require no boardstate when you cast it (aka "good on its own")
8) Remove Kambal, Consul of Allocation . This is because you don't want your strategy to be dependent on your opponent's (unless this is in your sideboard). What if the opponent is playing a creature deck? It'd be pretty useless.
9) Sanguine Bond 's effect is a little redundant here, we already have enough of this effect on the board
10) I'd consider removing Orzhov Basilica because most of the time you're going to need mana on turn two. I'd hate for your lands to be tapped when they come into play.
5 months ago
-esper: weak, better if you’re running expensive shock lands
-2 mana confluence? You mean one?
-nephalia: unless mill/discard is popular in our group
-guildgate: I don’t like slowlands in two color decks. I’d legit just replace these with basic lands
Bojuka Bog : graveyard hate
Mistveil Plains : super good recursion
Orzhov Basilica : cool cuz you can use the land you’re gonna return, then play this
Vault of the Archangel : great long game and surprise
6 months ago
- -1 Barren Moor +1 Azorius Signet
- -1 Lonely Sandbar +1 Dimir Signet
- -1 Tranquil Thicket +1 Gruul Signet
- -1 Forgotten Cave +1 Simic Signet
- -1 Secluded Steppe +1 Boros Signet
- -1 Azorius Chancery +1 Coalition Relic
- -1 Boros Garrison +1 Thran Dynamo
- -1 Dimir Aqueduct +1 Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx
- -1 Golgari Rot Farm +1 Wandering Fumarole
- -1 Gruul Turf +1 Raging Ravine
- -1 Izzet Boilerworks +1 Celestial Colonnade
- -1 Orzhov Basilica +1 Creeping Tar Pit
- -1 Rakdos Carnarium +1 Hissing Quagmire
- -1 Selesnya Sanctuary +1 Pentad Prism
- -1 Simic Growth Chamber +1 Riftwing Cloudskate
- -1 Mantis Rider +1 Duplicant
- -1 Psychatog +1 Thought Erasure
- -1 Drooling Groodion +1 Vraska, Relic Seeker
- -1 Ancestral Mask +1 Inferno Titan
- -1 Twisted Abomination +1 Exhume
- -1 Sengir Vampire +1 Animate Dead
- -1 Ravenous Rats +1 Unburial Rites
- -1 Spirit Mantle +1 Angel of Invention
- -1 Brood Butcher +1 Cloudgoat Ranger
- -1 Elephant Guide +1 Verdurous Gearhulk
- -1 Gladecover Scout +1 Terastodon
6 months ago
6 months ago
Time Wipe , Dromar's Cavern , Esper Panorama , Tainted Field , Tainted Isle , Dimir Aqueduct , Orzhov Basilica , Zur's Weirding , Mana Vault , Chromatic Lantern , Mana Geode , Rhystic Study , Emeria Shepherd , Hanna, Ship's Navigator , Scrap Trawler , Codex Shredder . There ya go. And these are almost exclusively odd. Ulamog, the Infinite Gyre might also be fun. I'm not really sure what you're going for with the Teferi's Protection lock. Are you looking to lock yourself/your opponents out? If so, using an Instant is kinda difficult to recur consistently each turn, it would probably be easier to just run a big ass protection package and find a combo that keeps you safe indefinitely. Sucks that the person didn't help you out, might wanna flag that the thread mods. Anyways, feel free to give me a better idea of your gameplan so I can make some more tailored suggestions!
Orzhov Basilica occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.09%
WB (Orzhov): 1.49%
WUB (Esper): 0.67%
RBW (Mardu): 0.88%