|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Shards of Alara (ALA)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
, Sacrifice Scourglass: Destroy all permanents except for artifacts and lands. Play this ability only during your upkeep.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (9)||Supremespeed , , angesoir , AlucardZain , Razulghul , kaboomeow , Fairseas , firemind12 , ZombieFood|
|Want (11)||kvfd1719 , ShadyPear , bbtancakes , Jelatinator , kovellen , loganbowers , Georgez96 , Mousemke , xander025 , metljoe , Loading_Error|
5 days ago
1 week ago
DrkNinja: Those are some amazing recommendations. I do want to know which cards you feel are the best to cut for some of these as I'm new to voltron. I ran a bunch of control creatures to kind of help maintain a board state in my meta which is usually 1v1 or 3 player. I own everything you mentioned bar Replenish, Scourglass, Leonin Abunas, and Spirit Loop.
1 week ago
You almost have all the forms of Nahiri!
Also I think in a voltron deck you should have fewer quantity of creatures and more quality creatures. For instance run 8 REALLY good creatures that can be voltron'd or help you voltron vs. 20 creatures that are good in white but not specifically voltron.
Here are a few cards I play in my voltron deck Samurai From The Past! that I think will be of some service too you:
- Spectra Ward: Great card, does a LOT
- Armored Ascension: You only play plains, why not?
- Gift of Immortality: If you are trying to get commander damage across this is a great, otherwise its decent
- Spirit Loop: This may read like lifelink, but it is not lifelink, so you would be able to gain double the life if a creature with lifelink and spirit loop deals damage.
- Remember the Fallen: Solid recursion
- Open the Vaults: Great to bring your stuff back and isn't as expensive as Replenish
- Open the Armory: Great tutor for enchantment or equipment without the pricetag of Enlightened Tutor
- Ajani Steadfast: His +1 is great for Voltron, his -2 is meh, and his ult is great.
- Dispatch: Another path for this deck
- Vedalken Orrery: You always want to be able to play cards at instant speed, as it gives you more control of what happens to the board, specifically your board.
- Scourglass: this deals with problems and keeps all your equipment around to reequip
- Loxodon Warhammer: One of the best non-sword voltron pieces
- Argentum Armor: With the likes of Caged Sun and Extraplanar Lens, you have plenty of mana and you can just go in with a big dude and blow up people's stuff
- Basilisk Collar: Don't underestimate this card, it's so good.
- Magus of the Tabernacle: This is in my Konda Voltron deck (Samurai From The Past! Check it out please!), and it puts a huge strain on go wide strategies and makes players very carefully assess what they want to do in their turn. Either they pay the to keep their 5 creatures or they play a spell, while you are just going to pay the for whatever creature you have Voltron'd
- Leonin Abunas: Great to help deal with people picking apart your assembled voltron creature
- Leonin Shikari: Again instant speed is always a big deal, combat tricks and what not.
1 month ago
Point taken :). I do like the idea of including Gift of Immortality. How well/consistently does the deck ramp mana? What do you think about a Weathered Wayfarer to help tutor out a land like Rogue's Passage?
Torpor Orb seems like a good include since artifacts generally tend to stick around longer than creatures.
2 months ago
Heart of KiranDecent coz u have a bit of planeswalkersPeacewalker ColossusReally decent coz it gets rid of crew basicallyFleetwheel Cruiser pretty decentGearshift AceIts okConqueror's Galleon FlipFlips into a decent card drawFairgrounds WardenGood RemovalMaster TrinketeerCreates tokens to pilotDwarven BlastminerGets rid of those pesky non-basics Dwarven Miner Does the SameJor Kadeen, the PrevailerPumps all ur shitChief of the FoundryGood budget pumpMine LayerGood old land destruction goodness!Metalwork ColossusEasy to get out, reks faceGuardian IdolCan be a creature and taps for manaScourglassGood one sided board wipeThunder TotemCreature and ManaAura of SilenceStops the group from playing dem noice artifactsMishra's FactoryTurns into creature to crew ur freakin vehiclesMask of MemoryGood Card Draw!
4 months ago
So after checking out this list and the "I am Machine" deck, I've kind of started working on my own less budget list Cheating Artifacts that revolves around making Master Transmuter both indestructible and hexproof and cheating out Blightsteel Colossus or Filigree Angel or Platinum Emperion and Platinum Angel.
Unwinding Clock unwinding clock is a great card, but I think that if I'm not playing multiplayer I'll likely tap Master Transmuter at the end of my opponent's turn and then again on my turn. If I were to keep it in I'd likely keep a 1x since its a 4CMC card, you could use that spot for something like Treasure Mage or Scarecrone.
I suggested Tezzeret, Agent of Bolas because his scry power is amazing and he has the chance to be a secondary wincon, but if you prefer the seeker, he's not bad either.
Glad to be able to shoot ideas back and forth!
5 months ago
4xMana Leak, 3x Smother, 3xPorcelain Legionnaire (which is ofen played as a 2-drop), 1x Agony Warp This is 11 cards dedicated to surviving the early game. On top of that there are the Detention Spheres and the Scourglass, which can potentially be dropped on turn 3.
5 months ago
I guess I wanna be a more control based deck, and i'm aware that Sen Triplets Can be removed very easily however if I added Soul Manipulation and 2 Sharuum the Hegemon for revival and Indomitable Archangel and Ethersworn Shieldmage for protection as well as Fabricate for searching wouldnt it be fine? and most likely Scourglass for board control