|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Guilds of Ravnica: Guild Kit (GK1)||Common|
|Commander 2018 (C18)||Uncommon|
|Commander Anthology 2018 (CM2)||Common|
|Iconic Masters (IMA)||Uncommon|
|Commander 2017 (C17)||Uncommon|
|Planechase Anthology (PCA)||Common|
|Commander 2016 (C16)||Uncommon|
|Modern Masters 2015 Edition (MM2)||Uncommon|
|Planechase 2012 Edition (PC2)||Common|
|MTG: Commander (CMD)||Common|
|Ravnica: City of Guilds (RAV)||Common|
Combos Browse all
Dimir Aqueduct enters the battlefield tapped.
When Dimir Aqueduct enters the battlefield, return a land you control to its owner's hand.
: Gain .
|Have (3)||Blue_Flame , Vasbear1 ,|
|Want (10)||Jmannen , Jamous , uvritrog , mygoodname , Clcarper07 , tomlazarus , Lemtard , LeoBlaze21 , Timedrqgon , DelfDrizz|
Dimir Aqueduct Discussion
3 weeks ago
- -1 Barren Moor +1 Azorius Signet
- -1 Lonely Sandbar +1 Dimir Signet
- -1 Tranquil Thicket +1 Gruul Signet
- -1 Forgotten Cave +1 Simic Signet
- -1 Secluded Steppe +1 Boros Signet
- -1 Azorius Chancery +1 Coalition Relic
- -1 Boros Garrison +1 Thran Dynamo
- -1 Dimir Aqueduct +1 Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx
- -1 Golgari Rot Farm +1 Wandering Fumarole
- -1 Gruul Turf +1 Raging Ravine
- -1 Izzet Boilerworks +1 Celestial Colonnade
- -1 Orzhov Basilica +1 Creeping Tar Pit
- -1 Rakdos Carnarium +1 Hissing Quagmire
- -1 Selesnya Sanctuary +1 Pentad Prism
- -1 Simic Growth Chamber +1 Riftwing Cloudskate
- -1 Mantis Rider +1 Duplicant
- -1 Psychatog +1 Thought Erasure
- -1 Drooling Groodion +1 Vraska, Relic Seeker
- -1 Ancestral Mask +1 Inferno Titan
- -1 Twisted Abomination +1 Exhume
- -1 Sengir Vampire +1 Animate Dead
- -1 Ravenous Rats +1 Unburial Rites
- -1 Spirit Mantle +1 Angel of Invention
- -1 Brood Butcher +1 Cloudgoat Ranger
- -1 Elephant Guide +1 Verdurous Gearhulk
- -1 Gladecover Scout +1 Terastodon
3 weeks ago
I agree with Pikobyte on the protection options; they are all pretty great. Another option you could consider in the way of protection is Shielding Plax ; I prefer this over Diplomatic Immunity since it has the option of drawing you a card.
Now, as for making the deck faster, I prefer to [along with the more premium ramp spells] run some includes that synergize with Muldrotha, like Font of Fertility and Wayfarer's Bauble . Also, Burnished Hart can be pretty alright, but may be a little slow (Test it). I would cut Primal Growth and run faster ramp too like Rampant Growth , Farseek and Nature's Lore . I don't think this deck needs the extra card advantage from Cultivate either, so don't run that. The deck also can recur mana dorks if they die, so Llanowar Elves are a great card here, along with their functional reprints.
I like to run Seal of Doom as more redundancy for your removal.
I would upgrade the mana base - doesn't have to be anything too fancy, just some Kaladesh fast lands, check lands, and pain lands in place of Temple of the False God , Dimir Aqueduct , Darkwater Catacombs .
I would also consider adding/replacing mana rocks that can sacrifice themselves for benefits. ( Commander's Sphere , Mind Stone , Hedron Archive ). They will let you dig for your combo faster without giving up much of an opportunity cost.
[As for cuts, Phyrexian Delver feels unnecessary, as does Apprentice Necromancer . I would also try to find a balance between all permanent types (maybe even run some planeswalkers) in order to get the most out of Muldrotha.
3 weeks ago
A few others but depends on you, and your meta! :)
- Thought Vessel , when your commander it's out, do you need an infinite hand?...
- Elixir of Immortality , good against graveyard hate, but do you really feel like your meta had that?, even if they do, will you use only 1 card to ger arround that?
- Executioner's Capsule yeah you can put it into the battlefield again... but isn't better a Nevinyrral's Disk instead? (just blow everything up and then rebuild with Muldrotha, the Gravetide , also you can answer with something like an Heroic Intervention
- Dimir Aqueduct Darkwater Catacombs i feel like 36 lands it's my sweet spot with a few dorks/rocks, but since you can ramp be more efficient with your taplands, you can always could search for the mana base in http:www.mtglands.com
- Carrion Feeder even as a sac outlet it's horrible xD
- Glen Elendra Archmage it's amazing, but i don't feel like it's gonna make a big difference there's much better options in the 4cmc
- Phyrexian Delver consider a better Phyrexian... Sheoldred, Whispering One
- Fellwar Stone it's a great rock... but Sol Ring it's about to get Banned because a reason...
1 month ago
1 month ago
Time Wipe , Dromar's Cavern , Esper Panorama , Tainted Field , Tainted Isle , Dimir Aqueduct , Orzhov Basilica , Zur's Weirding , Mana Vault , Chromatic Lantern , Mana Geode , Rhystic Study , Emeria Shepherd , Hanna, Ship's Navigator , Scrap Trawler , Codex Shredder . There ya go. And these are almost exclusively odd. Ulamog, the Infinite Gyre might also be fun. I'm not really sure what you're going for with the Teferi's Protection lock. Are you looking to lock yourself/your opponents out? If so, using an Instant is kinda difficult to recur consistently each turn, it would probably be easier to just run a big ass protection package and find a combo that keeps you safe indefinitely. Sucks that the person didn't help you out, might wanna flag that the thread mods. Anyways, feel free to give me a better idea of your gameplan so I can make some more tailored suggestions!
1 month ago
Hey qwikster thanks for the kind words! Glad to know that someone took the time to read some of my ramblings; I appreciate it! :P Also awesome that it inspired a build! Link me when it's done if you decide to post it on here. ;P
I like the idea of Plasm Capture especially the flavour text that includes a quote from my second favourite commander: Vorel of the Hull Clade It's a nice addition. Its just personal preference and group/meta opponents when it comes down to deciding on specific counter spells. I might test it out one day.
Saprazzan Skerry hmm this one is new to me, thanks for pointing it out. It's a nice piece, and once again I think a little down to personal preference. You could use Saprazzan Skerry or a bounce land like Dimir Aqueduct both have their advantages and disadvantages. An advantage of Saprazzan Skerry is that it doesn't require the bouncing of another land back to your hand, but in the case of the bounce land it could be a benefit for an aditional landfall trigger for use when Exploration is in play with Lotus Cobra or even Horn of Greed or the effect of the land itself repeating the ETB triggers of Bojuka Bog or Halimar Depths .
A disadvantage of Saprazzan Skerry is that it only enters with 2 counters. That's cutting it really close as you already have to deal with Pentad Prism coming in with only 2 and making it hard to use without having Atraxa out, but if she dies early...oof it's a set back that you have to manage as we have no way of replenishing counters on it. 3 like Gemstone Mine I can understand, but 2 is asking for Atraxa to be ready and available to proliferate it after the first use. That is a little too needy for my liking for it being a land. Nice spot though.
I like City of Shadows . I don't like that you have to sac a creature for it, but nothing worth having comes easy right? The problem with that is that we don't link sacrificing our utility creatures willingly as we care not for the resurrection of a damned soul...may they Rest in Peace . :P However in response to someone targeting to kill or exile Atraxa we could activate it and send Atraxa back to the command zone. It's an idea. Its a nice spot.
I will at some point be revamping the land base to incorporate the Coffers combo Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth + Cabal Coffers as so many people in my group are using it. I've resisted the temptation, but I don't think I can keep up with the massive amount of mana available so easily to them without it. And when it's out early....its just too insane. We fall behind a few turns because of this.
So when you build Atraxa how about you try the Coffers combo and give me some tips on how I could revamp the land base, as it feels like a massive undertaking which could involve cutting some pieces from other areas to make space for more land and land tutors.
Actually a Voltron Control deck might be easier to build than this was...it'll probably be more straight forward and less convoluted than my build, as was trying to make the theme quite unique since Atraxa is so popular.
Thanks again for checking out my current masterpiece! Keep in touch with your build ;P
1 month ago
Hey hkhssweiss! Sorry I've been taking so long to reply, I had some tests I had to study for. Anyway, I edited my deck again and here are the cards I took out:
- Platinum Angel
- Darksteel Forge
- Norn's Annex
- Venser's Journal
- Terramorphic Expanse
- Isolated Chapel
- Forbidden Orchard
- Evolving Wilds
- Dimir Aqueduct
- Azorius Chancery
Cards I put in:
- Expedition Map
- Voltaic Key
- Whispersilk Cloak (To combo with Blightsteel Colossus for a guaranteed hit to someone.)
- Mana Confluence
- Reflecting Pool
- City of Brass
- Hallowed Fountain
- Godless Shrine
- Watery Grave
Hopefully that's good, I'm not exactly sure. I think the mana base is pretty much finished, but I could add in a Rogue's Passage to let my Blightsteel Colossus through, as that is one of the only two win conditions in the deck besides taking their stuff. Is the deck finished, or would it be good to add in things like Mystical Tutor , Cryptic Command , Authority of the Consuls , or Copy Enchantment ?
1 month ago
Oh, I don't know why I didn't think of this earlier-- 2x Bojuka Bog would be an excellent addition (replacing 2x Swamp ). You could even bounce it with Dimir Aqueduct to repeat the effect. That would get plenty of your opponent's cards into exile!
Dimir Aqueduct occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.08%
UB (Dimir): 2.61%
WUB (Esper): 0.7%
UBR (Grixis): 0.63%
BUG (Sultai): 0.72%