Dusk / Dawn
Destroy all creatures with power greater or equal to 3.
Aftermath (Cast this spell only from your graveyard, then exile it.)
Return all creature cards with power less than equal to 2 from your graveyard to your hand.
Printings View all
|Commander 2019 (C19)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Dusk / Dawn occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.02%
Dusk / Dawn Discussion
2 days ago
5 days ago
I really like your list but have never had a good experience with Dusk / Dawn in Alesha specifically. It's very different from Retribution of the Meek due to Alesha getting caught in the blast. Additionally, you generally want to leave some stuff in your graveyard to make use of Alesha's native reanimation abilities. As a result, both sides of Dusk / Dawn function in a sub par manner here.
Personally I'd swap for one of the following similar effects: Elspeth, Sun's Champion, Austere Command, the recently printed Mythos of Snapdax or even Tragic Arrogance all leave Alesha going while wiping out most everything else and providing other utility.
<3 cheers to another Alesha player.
2 weeks ago
Hey there, glad to see some more people on the Arcades train! I've got my own deck that works really well, and there are a couple cards that I definitely recommend including:
- Basilica Guards is fantastic once you have the value train going, and extra mana can be put into some extort triggers. Same thing with Blind Obedience, plus it allows for you to be more aggressive and not worry that much about blockers/Hastey crackbacks.
- Crashing Drawbridge is a new card that's fantastic for surprise swings after dumping your hand out.
- I actually recommend removing Sight of the Scalelords because there are, in my opinion, stronger things to be doing at that point, plus it allows for power-based removal. True Conviction is my preferred mass anthem.
- Guardian Project is just another card draw engine that I recommend in any green, creature-based deck.
- Dusk / Dawn is another great power-biased board wipe, and its second effect is fantastic for recovering after a board wipe.
- Panharmonicon, if you can afford it, is fantastic to double Arcades triggers.
3 weeks ago
ShadowAblaze No problem, dude, it happens.
Pious Evangel Flip is a really cool card that I have tried to make work, but it was a little clunky. It might wind its way back into the deck again, but for now, I don't think it out-competes my other options.
Woe Strider is an interesting option. No need to justify it as a Thrull, either-- the Orzhov actually makes use of Horrors for some of their, uh... less scrupulous activities. This is another card worth considering, although the fact that it comes with a goat is somewhat confusing to me. If I decide that I want the Scry engine, I may replace my Bloodflow Connoisseur with this.
Dusk / Dawn is a perfectly good card, I just don't like the Aftermath mechanic. I would also be concerned that spending 5 mana to put all of my creatures back in my hand would leave me with no more mana to cast on those creatures, and I would just have to discard them again, anyway :(
Revel in Riches makes me so sad that it's pirate themed. Maybe I will commission an alter in the future. Until then, I'm not likely to play it. 5 mana is also a little prohibitive for a ramping effect in my deck, which is the reason I don't play Black Market.
Loving the suggestions, though! I've spent the last hour looking for my copy of Immortal Servitude. I just love it when a 32 cent card is hiding somewhere, so you can't put it into your 2,000 dollar deck.
3 weeks ago
Haha, I am dumb for not seeing Teysa as your commander.
Regardless, round two of cards you will reject lol (these aren't directly Orzhov themed so double the rejection):
Grim Haruspex sort of has the gold look to it. Pious Evangel Flip is another aristocrat and looks the theme if you dont look too hard at Avacyn's symbol. Woe Strider definately looks like on of the Orzhov thrulls in my opinion Dusk / Dawn is not any theme but I think they have skies on ravnica. It would actually do great in your deck. Sphere of Safety is a ravnica card at least. Revel in Riches... I mean the Orzhov love money... thats all i got left.
I hope this redeems me.
1 month ago
Thanks for the comment HELLcaster19.
As far as the auras are considered, this is rules faux pas by me. I was under the impression you could order the triggers and re-entry of creatures and just re-attach it to whatever you wished. These will almost certainly come out in favour of of a more efficient card draw spell.
Alirios, Enraptured I cracked in pre-release and I wanted to try and make it work, but I have to say it is first on the chopping block. Whirler Rogue is in to give Brago unblockable & provide chump blockers.
Reflector Mage is definitely on the to buy list. One of those cards I just hadn't gotten around to buying. Version 1 of the deck was about £55 and have been upgrading slowly. Also goes with synergising with Marble Titan & Dusk / Dawn much better.
Thanks for the suggestions!
1 month ago
Hey, this is a very cheap deck. Are you not able to spend a little more? A $20 upgrade could really help your deck.
Even though have a low budget to work with there's still several upgrades you could make. Some upgrades to consider are to take more advantage of Teysa's ability to give you additional die triggers when a creature dies.
Good budget cards, $1 or less each, to consider adding:
- Command Tower: one of the best lands to multicolored decks in Commander.
- Caves of Koilos
- Tainted Field
- Orzhov Basilica
- Ash Barrens
- Doomed Traveler: Spirit token.
- Ministrant of Obligation: Spirit tokens.
- Tithe Taker: Spirit token.
- Requiem Angel: repeatable Spirit tokens.
- Reassembling Skeleton: good creature to sac since it can reanimate itself.
- Woe Strider: sac outlet and repeatable scry.
- Cartel Aristocrat: sac outlet.
- Grim Haruspex: draw when a nontoken creature you control dies.
- Mentor of the Meek: draw when a 1/1 Spirit token is created.
- Archon of Justice: exile permanent.
- Plaguecrafter: all players sac a creature/Planeswalker or discard a card. Can sac Plaguecrafter to itself.
- Fleshbag Marauder
- Reliquary Monk: destroy opponent artifact or enchantment.
- Dutiful Attendant: creature recursion.
- Soul Warden: gain life when Spirits are created and when other creatures including your opponents ETB.
- Soul's Attendant: same as Warden.
- Dreadhorde Invasion: with a sac outlet is a repeatable source of token or a token that grows in power/toughness.
- Diabolic Tutor: budget unconditional tutor.
- Read the Bones
- Talisman of Hierarchy: two drop mana rock.
- Orzhov Signet: two drop mana rock.
- Kaya's Guile
- Crush Contraband
- Dusk / Dawn
I offer more advice, good luck with your deck.
2 months ago
I like your take here. I think you've made some good decisions on inclusions. Some things to think about though...
Aside from providing some redundancy to your reanimation game plan, Sun titan provides infinite enter and leaves the battlefield triggers with Fiend Hunter and a sac outlet.
Fiend hunter enters, targets the Sun titan. If Fiend Hunter dies, sun titan returns, targets the Fiend Hunter, which enters and Targets the Sun titan.
Sun titan also provides some late game land ramp with cards like Evolving Wilds, Terramorphic Expanse or Wayfarer's Bauble and also provide non-creature reanimation for important non-creature cards like Reconnaissance and Altar of Dementia if they get removed.
Ankle Shanker's ability doesn't work upon reanimation by Alesha as she enters already attacking. Unless it's a pet card, I'd drop it.
You only have 7 Swamps, including dual lands with the Swamp type. Crypt Ghast just doesn't have enough to work with and should be cut.
I find Dimir House Guard to be severely underplayed in Alesha decks. It has evasion to help keep it alive, discards itself, and tutors for any number of great cards. Need a field wipe? Dusk / Dawn. Ramp and card draw? Solemn Simulacrum, More Mana? Smothering Tithe. Evasion? Iroas, God of Victory.
Anyway, good luck playing the best commander who smiles at death ;)