Helm of Possession
You may choose not to untap Helm of Possession during your untap step.
(2), Tap, Sacrifice a creature: Gain control of target creature as long as you control Helm of Possession and Helm of Possession remains tapped.
|Have (2)||sonnet666 , metalmagic|
|Want (3)||shrapnelmagnet , Abel8658 , Raumance|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Helm of Possession occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.0%
Helm of Possession Discussion
6 months ago
forgot about this one Helm of Possession
7 months ago
As for cards to add, I was looking through my list and very shocked how expensive some of these cards got, its kinda ridiculous! But you should see if you can get your hands on these (cards under $5):
Vaevictis Asmadi, the Dire
Priest of Forgotten Gods
Growing Rites of Itlimoc Flip
Helm of Possession
Cut / Ribbons
Champion of Lambholt
Are the cards in your maybe board cards you own or considering? Some of them work pretty well!
7 months ago
Cards that fit your theme that we will discuss later. Fumble , Hazoret's Favor , Helm of Possession , Humble Defector , Hypnotic Siren , Illusory Gains , Kindred Charge , Macabre Mockery , Magus of the Unseen , Marchesa's Smuggler , Mass Mutiny , Mogg Cannon , Nicol Bolas, Planeswalker , Saheeli Rai , Spinal Embrace , Zealous Conscripts , Yahenni, Undying Partisan , Dack Fayden , Aladdin , Breaking / Entering , Beguiler of Wills , Bontu the Glorified , Brutal Hordechief , Angrath, the Flame-Chained .
7 months ago
Thalakos Deceiver is exactly what you're looking for except is costs $4. Notice you don't have to steal the creature from the guy you attacked. Always attack for the Dethrone bonus, get your counter, sac, steal any-damn-thing then Deceiver comes back to you.
Helm of Possession is also hilarious in a deck like this.
With all the sac cards you have maybe a few cheap creatures that come into play with counters would be a good fit. Things with Fabricate, Modular etc. My Marchesa deck is based on Modular and artifact creatures so the only thing i ever need to get a counter on is the boss. You already have some Graft creatures so I am assuming Cytoplast Manipulator would put you over budget?
Kaya's Ghostform is is probably free at this point. Play it on Marchesa to protect her or play it on an opponents creature after you steal it so you get it forever after it dies.
8 months ago
Gilded Drake , Song of the Dryads , Lignify , Kasmina's Transformation, Imprisoned in the Moon , Darksteel Mutation , Humility , Metamorphic Alteration , Deep Freeze , Nevermore , New Blood , Ritual of the Machine , Helm of Possession , and so many other cards are good not just against Mairsil, but against any problematic commander.
10 months ago
Hey! Nice deck, I also have a Yahenni deck and I have a few low budget cards that i think would be great for your deck. First card that I think is a must for Yahenni is Spawning Pit this card over performs every time I put it out. It's another sacrifice outlet and it doubles as a token generator, it's amazing. Another great sac outlet is Sadistic Hypnotist its my favorite card in my list and has let me win countless games by virtually locking others out of the game outside of topdecking. Helm of Possession is another favorite card of mine, i still cant believe it cost less then 5 dollars.
I would put in Plaguecrafter over merciless executioner, same price but better effect.
I think you also want more token generators, ones that I like that you dont have are Noosegraf Mob for a best budget option, Hangarback Walker and Kalitas, Traitor of Ghet as well as Grave Titan for a bit more expensive options and finally Bitterblossom if you're looking to splash some cash.
Another cheap all star is Mirage Mirror this card is amazing. Doubling our Dictate of Erebos triggers is insane and in your voltron deck you can make it a copy of an equipment to make Yahenni larger or just copy a different target, theres always great ones.
Another aspect of the deck that could use some love is your land base. Obviously there's Cabal Coffers and Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth which is the sacred black combo if you want to spend some money on those but theres some great more budget friendly options too. Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx is a great card for under 10 dollars and can produce a ton of mana, Cabal Stronghold is very powerful and its a land that you can copy with Mirage Mirror to make even more mana if you want. High Market is another great one and finally Myriad Landscape and Barren Moor are two great cheap ones.
Removal is something that you can upgrade rather easily as well. Hero's Downfall is strictly better murder and Ashes to Ashes still cost 50 cent for some reason. Another great one is Attrition it gets rid of artifact creatures too which sometimes is an issue. Unstable Obelisk is a good card with dual purpose as removal for things that are hard to get rid of for mono black and it ramps, a great card to add.
If there is one card that I think is an absolute must add to your list though its Grave Pact I know it's on the pricey side but believe me, there isn't enough of this effect it is always useful.
Feel free to check out my list if you want to see more cards that could be good to add. I wish you luck in your endeavors as a member of Sac gang, and remember "The time for subtlety is over, darling."
11 months ago
Thanks for the suggestions Spacebeest. You are right I've either actually tried or genuinely considered all them... except for Helm of Possession . And its a pretty fun sounding idea. I'll have to think about how to add it in. Thanks :)
11 months ago
Nice write-up! Probably took some good time to type it all down.
I did have to sort your deck on type instead of your custom types to make some sence of it though ;)
I’ve been working on a meren deck with a similar sacrifice idea for a couple of years now, though the plan is a bit different they here I do have some suggestions and tips based on my experience with the archetype.
There are probably some cards here that have been mentioned before or have been tested, so sorry for that.
sac outlets are the bread and butter of these types of deck. You always need one in play or the deck falls short (this is also one of the weak point that you can attack these decks on). Some sac outlets that I haven’t seen mentioned yet:
1) Evolutionary Leap . Except that it’s not a free sac outlet I think one of the best out there!
2) Spawning Pit . One of my favorites, create more tokens from sacing creatures and it’s free to activate. Also it can quite easily go infinite with Doubling Season
3) Attrition . It’s probably mentioned somewhere her and I probably looked over it because everyone knows this.
4) Altar of Dementia . Better in meren then it’s here but still has its uses if you want to go with an infinite combo.
5) Culling Dais . Value
6) Dark Privilege . Protection of commander and outlet in one.
7) Fallen Ideal . Recurring outlet is always nice.
8) Yahenni, Undying Partisan . Indestructible outlet.
9) Helm of Possession . If people are going big.
10) Plagued Rusalka . If people are going wide.
11) Claws of Gix . Can sac any permanent and is the cheapest outlet ever made.
Some utility creatures:
12) Wirewood Herald . This is one of my favorite fun cards in my deck. Your already playing a few good other elves (rec sage, izoni, wood elves, elvish visionary) so I definitely suggest adding this one!
13) Viridian Emissary and Primal Druid are all stars in my deck. Might be useful here over some of the 3 mana ramp creatures?? (Emissary is a bit better because of clamp, and it’s an elf).
14) Golgari Findbroker . Witness #2, also it’s an elf.
15) Sengir Autocrat and Mitotic Slime . These cards give 4 and 7 sacrifices respectively. They are some of the payoff cards that I use. Especially fond of autocrat since it works with savra and skullclamp very well.
16) Reassembling Skeleton . Another one of my payoff cards, and can get nuts of I have a good board. Also there are few ways to go infinite with this one (there is a 4 card combo with this in your deck right now).
17) Savra, Queen of the Golgari . It’s an elf and since it’s a creature its easier to tutor then an enchantment. The life gain is also nice!
And one more random card that doesn’t belong in above categories:
18) Foster . At 4 mana a bit expensive but boy what value this card can give!
Some of the cars you tested and took out I’d like to comment on. I find them very very useful and would probably never cut them in my deck:
19) Fecundity . This card is the best card in my deck, the only time it’s not great is when I’m playing against weenies or people are trading creatures with each other without me having a board presents. I don’t really care if people draw a card if I kill there 6 mana creatures because it still slows them down. What’s so good about this card that It provides us with a great amount of value. This card draws of tokens which is awesome and most of the creatures your running give to sac triggers anyway. In 90% the cases this card will generate more value for us then for other players.
20) Deathreap Ritual . The only reason I’d ever cut this card is the mana cost, which at 4 is a bit expensive. You however stated the reason for excluding this card is the lack of value. I’d like to point out that Morbid doesn’t only trigger at the end of your turn but at the end of EVERY turn. It also triggers when any creature dies, so it doesn’t have to be yours and, like fecundity, it triggers of tokens dying to!! In a four player game this card can give an easy 4 cards a round.
21) Golgari Germination . I like this mostly because I play above mentioned cards which benefit hugely from tokens dying, but even without this it’s a great card rewarding you for any sacrifice and being an enchantment it’s a bit more durable as well.
22) Sakura-Tribe Elder . At two mana and a build in sac outlet this card is a cheap ramp spell that functions at all time and can provide value even if you don’t have a sac outlet in play. But if you have experienced trough testing that you get more value out of a 3 drop ramp creature then it might be different for your deck compared to meren.
Hereby I end my epistle with a last note that if your looking to take out some card I’d look at everything above 4 mana and everything with X in the mana cost. I find I always take out these in the end since I can’t cast them reliably. (5 drops stay when they are very good for the deck though).