Reins of Power
Untap all creatures you control and all creatures target opponent controls. You and that opponent each gain control of all creatures the other controls until end of turn. Those creatures gain haste until end of turn.
|Have (2)||metalmagic , orzhov_is_relatively_okay819|
|Want (4)||Asmerv , brownwaterboys , jgtanq , benwalter7609|
Printings View all
|Commander 2016 (C16)||Rare|
|Commander 2015 (C15)||Rare|
|MTG: Commander (CMD)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Reins of Power occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.02%
Reins of Power Discussion
2 days ago
Yeah, thanks for the upvote :)
I've had a lot of fun with the deck so far. I haven't managed to get much out of the Wild Pair package. Since there are no actual tutors in the deck for getting out enchantments that's been a bit difficult.
I'm actually considering Gamble and Long-Term Plans as 'soft' tutors purely for the Wild Pair and once I've got that for cards such as Vicious Shadows and Warstorm Surge .
The deck is still pretty new, and I'm still fine-tuning it. I've now only played it four times since I've been busy with other stuff lately:
- Game 1: Won through getting value out of an early Momir Vig, Simic Visionary , keeping it safe with the counter creatures and smashing face with Forgotten Ancient and Master Biomancer making my team bigger.
- Game 2: It was a five-player game where the first one to knock the two opponents directly to the left and right of you wins: Kept board-control and ramp up with Yasova Dragonclaw and Perilous Forays . Almost died to a ridiculous Arixmethes-huge-stompy-creatures deck, but turned it around with the Reins of Power I was sitting on (such an over-performer). And later shared my victory as our shared opponent got knocked out by the other player.
- Game 3: regrettably had to spend most of my time and resources on an Orzhov player that kept recurring the Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite that rendered the rest of my cards mostly useless. Later everyone got kicked out by a combo player going off
- Game 4: Didn't win, didn't get quite the engines going that I wanted to. But the game (5-player FFA) was crazy enough as it is.
I would say that for now the deck is good enough at battlefield control (particularly creatures), but as I mentioned I want to look into options that make the Wild Pair actually work (in none of the games I drew it so far).
I've since added Warstorm Surge , because that card can do stupid things once you get something like Glen Elendra Pranksters or other bounce and some ramp or control creatures. I've added Ambush Viper to go along with that. Swapped those for Llanowar Elves (in our meta often not dependable ramp since it's too fragile) and Briarhorn , since it having flash mattered less for the creatures it could look up and Yasova can usually steal enough interesting creatures with just 4 power.
Apart from the tutors I'm considering adding Purphoros, God of the Forge , since the incremental damage can quickly add up and the +1/+0 is actually really nice for Yasova, but I only have one copy of Purph and it's a key part of my Wort, the Raidmother deck.
1 week ago
Hey bud, got a few things that may interest ya:
- Deadeye Plunderers - Gets bigger for every treasure/artifact you own and makes them. Big time synergy.
- Protean Raider - Cheap pirate mimic. Thematic win combined with flexibility.
- Spell Swindle - Treasure generation X Counterspell.
- Unspeakable Symbol - Instant speed counter distribution that costs no mana. Need to kill a bitch? Pay all your life into an unblocked scurvy boi. Need to save someone with Marchesa/save Marchesa? This has your back; highly recommended.
- Forge of Heroes - You know Marchesa brings herself back to life with her own ability too? You do now. This land ensures she's protected straight away.
Looking at your mass mutiny, I see you want to steal peoples things en masse. Here's some other suggestions for good cards of that ilk (Because frankly, they're pretty much alternate win cons/Marchesa steal opportunities)
- Mob Rule - Insurrection - Harness by Force - Press into Service - Reins of Power
1 week ago
A great card for green is Into the Wilds you get to look at the top card of your library upkeep if it is a land put it on the battlefield best part does not count as your land played for your turn so filters your land + can be ramp oh and is like 25cents
Abundance is another variation of filtering your deck also green
Den Protector budget eternal witness
Echoing Truth flexible bounce because if it is tokens it hits all the same tokens
Look at charms some are cheaper than others some will fit budgets some may not but see example below Sultai Charm
Shenanigans Reins of Power ignore the $5 ones someone is trying to rip people off outside those they are all 50-85 cents
1 week ago
Ahh yes, this is what the hippo was meant for! You might like these: Dingus Staff , Angel's Trumpet , Reins of Power , Nacatl War-Pride , Primal Vigor , Clone Legion , Deploy to the Front , Mantle of Leadership , Beck , Keep Watch , Theft of Dreams , Borrowing 100,000 Arrows , Biomantic Mastery , Seedborn Muse , Mercy Killing , Thunderstaff
I made a similar build (not just hugs, hippo wants to win >:O) with a primer if you want to check it out: Super Hippo
3 months ago
So, a few weeks ago I was playing commander and my opponent played Gray Merchant of Asphodel and I responded to the ETB casting Reins of Power to reduce the my opponents devotion. Asphodel resolved, and after that I died. As soon as I died the question came up. When my opponents creatures returns to him? At the end of the turn as it says on Reins of Power or in the moment I died?
3 months ago
Noble Steeds , Crescendo of War , Aurification , decree of ____, Dominus of Fealty , Talisman of Hierarchy , Greed , Crown of Doom , Reins of Power , Disrupting Scepter , Scepter of Dominance , Scepter of Insight , Regal Behemoth , Regal Force , Regal Unicorn
4 months ago
Haha I think I actually put mine in pink to make it seem innocent. My hippo poses as a hug deck until I stab my buddy in the back with Reins of Power or something. Here's my list if you wanna take a look.
Out of curiosity, how come you run Terra Eternal? Lots of LD in your group?
7 months ago
The deck is here: Dimir Trickery
The deck is a CASUAL deck. I know this idea can never be a true competitive deck but I want to take the idea and optimize it to be the best it can be.
The deck as it is right now is about using your creatures to mill people on the endstep of the player right before you to grind out the game with a lot of value creatures/good blockers. The deck also runs several combos and some tutors to find them. The idea of the deck is a more "choose your own adventure" style to winning. Each game the deck plays out differently and that's the feeling I want to preserve in the deck when I revise it. Some games I will land a Paradox Engine and/or a Intruder Alarm and just value/grind out the game. Other times I will combo win right before I get killed and wipe the table. Sometimes I pull off a Laboratory Maniac or a Jace, Wielder of Mysteries win. I also snag a game now and then do to stealing/reanimating random things due to Praetor's Grasp , Reanimate , or using Reins of Power .
I am looking for flexible cards that can help fill multiple roles in the deck so I can increase my removal count as it is rather low and is the deck's main weakness when I play it. As well as ways to better protect phenax because if he gets removed for good the deck does not function. If you have any other criticisms please say something it is better to have more eyes fixing a problem than just mine.