|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
Creature — Human Wizard
At the beginning of each opponent's upkeep, that player chooses draw step, main phase, or combat phase. The player skips each instance of the chosen step or phase this turn.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
1 week ago
Wild Research is a great repeatable tutor effect
Protection for Zedruu
1 week ago
I would suggest that you add in more pillowfort enchantments, because, well, you're bound to get pummeled in the face sooner or later. Ghostly Prison, Windborn Muse, Koskun Falls, Propaganda, Sphere of Safety, Collective Restraint, Dissipation Field, No Mercy, Aurification, and Peacekeeper all work. One nice combo you can run is Energy Field + Rest in Peace (You can no longer take damage as long as those enchantments remain on the field).
If you're aiming for a more oppressive control deck, you also can throw in Fatespinner, Frozen AEther, Blind Obedience, Torpor Orb, Hushwing Gryff, Iona, Shield of Emeria (especially funny when you're playing against a monocolor deck), Linvala, Keeper of Silence, Meishin, the Mind Cage, Indulgent Tormentor, Painful Quandary, Angelic Arbiter... I could go on and on and on.
I'm not sure about the status of your playgroup, but I also would suggest sweepers like Cataclysm, Tragic Arrogance, Mutilate, Cyclonic Rift, basically any sweeper that says "Sacrifice", "Bounce" or "-X/-X" to account for cards like Avacyn, Angel of Hope.
2 weeks ago
Profet93 Uhm there isnt really one i guess (in terms of infite combos or instant wins), I mainly use Thassa to deal damage as she is rather hard to get rid of.
Its not that hard to get her to become a creature and protect her.
This deck is pretty casual and just for fun since I love Thassa, generally the way I play her is try to get a board state that protects me early, Propaganda, Fatespinner, Thing in the Ice Flip, etc.. swing with Thassa every so often, and use extra turns to kill people.
4 weeks ago
1 month ago
Thanks Odysseus_97 for suggestions!
Faithless Looting doesnt seem to add much to the deck. I might add some draw cards, but probably in form of enchantments rather than spells.
As for CMDR2017 curses, I might try them in the future, at least the blue one. They are fun but Im not really into curses in this deck.
Furnace of Rath was replaced by Dictate due to flash. I like using it as surprise doubler, even when Im not directly involved in damage. Doubling damage also often means that Im losing faster.
Pandemonium isnt really helping me and there is always someone in my local meta that have token deck. Too risky.
Sands of Time - I was considering it. Gonna try it out for sure in the future.
Fatespinner / Meekstone / Price of Glory / Pendrell Mists and any other stax card - I dont want to go this path. While people mostly like chaos, noone likes stax and it will make me targeted I guess. At least I wont use such cards for now.
Confusion in the Ranks it is really asymetrical for token decks. Ends with them having all better creatures.
Riptide Laboratory is expensive but might add it to bounce Arjun when needed.
Mana Breach was included in first version of this deck but it doesnt really do much.
Fevered Visions might be added as additional draw.
Guttersnipe wont really work since I dont go storm way and am not casting many spells. Typicall Arjun deck would surely use it, but its not that deck.
Frenetic Sliver may be not bad but still not worth excluding any other card that there already is in here.
Feel free to comment and ask about help with building Your deck.
1 month ago
I am in the middle of rebuilding my own EDH Chaos deck replacing Jhoira of the Ghitu with Arjun, the Shifting Flame just as you did. My new chaos deck will draw a lot of inspiration from this build. Have to say i have fallen in love with this chaos build of yours wished i had seen it before building the one i have now.
But now that i am retooling the deck, i find some cards that have done some good work and thought i would list them.
Faithless Looting: Might work pretty well in this deck, it lets you draw cards and filter your selection and you can cast it later from your graveyard when you might need a trigger from Arjun, the Shifting Flame
Curse of Verbosity & Curse of Opulence: As the chaos player i often am the target for "Not making the game fun" the curses can help by giving people rewards for attacking other ones than you. The ramp is always nice in commander, also for us with our expensive hard cast cards. The blue gives card draw which will refill our hand and make a larger draw amount occur when triggering Arjun, the Shifting Flame.
Pandemonium: A pretty fun enter the battlefield trigger for every creature.
Sands of Time: Dont know how many tap abilities you have in this deck. But this card is one i really love for people always considering every tap they make during their turns.
Fatespinner: Sadly only works on our opponents, but honestly we will almost always skip combat in our turns anyway. Another fun card, can see why it wont fit but sadly its really fun.
Silent Arbiter: Good way to keep yourself alive if becoming the target, and good way to see some swarm decks becoming completely shut down. Silent Arbiter is a decent blocker itself with the 5 toughness which can keep you safe.
Illicit Auction: I think the auction cards are really fun.
Price of Glory: In my old deck there were almost no instant speed cards, there is a good amount in here so this might be a nonbo, but still worth mentioning.
Meekstone: This might be really good in this deck, you only have 7 creatures and only 3 with power greater than 2. And non of those creatures need to be untapped.
Confusion in the Ranks: Another exchange control of special types of cards.
Riptide Laboratory: This is good protection for wizards for board wipes or things like it, this effect is only protection for your commander, but it is a pretty important piece so it might be worth to consider.
Pendrell Mists: A good way to slow down your opponents big army of creatures. You will have a low amount of creatures, making it cheap for you to keep them around.
Mana Breach: Not sure how this will work, haven't really got to playtest it, but seems pretty fun.
Fevered Visions: There seem to be a little card draw theme, maybe this will be there as a small win condition or just a way to help with giving out damage.
2 months ago
I'm currently looking for upgrades for the Wizards precon deck, so this might help you.
- Panharmonicon only works if you have Inalla, Archmage Ritualist in battlefield, so it might provide only limited use.
- Mirror Gallery makes some of the precon legendary wizards playable, so you might want to look into that.
- Fatespinner might be an useful cheap wizard, though it doesn't provide any utility with Inalla, Archmage Ritualist, but it can be used for other wizard triggers.
- Dualcaster Mage Is pretty good card, which allows you to make 2 copies of an instant/sorcerry.
- Ashnod's Altar and Bloodline Necromancer makes infinite mana combo, so you might want to look into some good mana syncs, like Devil's Play.
- Vedalken Orrery and Leyline of Anticipation are pretty good, since it makes all your wizards instant speed and allows you to use bounce utility as counters.
- Cyclonic Rift and Vandalblast are some good board clear cards.
- Disciple of Bolas gives good utility with Inalla, Archmage Ritualist.
- Rite of Replication gives good utility with all ETB cards.
- Faerie Harbinger allows you to fish out Puppeteer Clique and Inspired Sprite, even better if you get Mistbind Clique.
- Trophy Mage allows you to fish out two artifacts, which might help you with mana fixing.
- Pit Keeper can give you 2 creatures from your graveyard.
- Aven Fogbringer can help you fight with players that have good ramp.
- Vedalken AEthermage worth it just for the wizardcycling.
- Gem of Becoming is always good choice for grixis deck.
2 months ago
Love the deck description.
It may be worth running a few more wizards so that you can really go nuts with Azami. A few possible adds:
- Archmage Ascension might be a little slow, but it's basically guaranteed to get counters
- Brine Seer in many cases will tax spells by 4-5 mana.
- Disciple of the Ring gives back-end value off of your counters and can counter stuff
- Elite Arcanist can put a counter on a stick. If you don't need it that turn, tap to draw.
- Ertai, Wizard Adept -is- a counter on a stick
- Fatespinner cans low down the game while you fill your hand with counters and set up
- Sower of Temptation is just a good wizard
- Talrand, Sky Summoner from your sideboard might be a good win con here