Enchantment — Aura
Enchanted creature gets +1/+1 and has first strike.
Totem Armor (If enchanted creature would be destroyed, instead remove all damage from it and destroy this Aura.)
|Want (2)||VillarrTheBastard , Ghostmajik|
Printings View all
|Mystery Booster (MYS1)||Common|
|Ultimate Masters (UMA)||Common|
|Planechase Anthology (PCA)||Common|
|Planechase 2012 Edition (PC2)||Common|
|Rise of the Eldrazi (ROE)||Common|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Hyena Umbra occurrence in decks from the last year
All decks: 0.05%
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%
Hyena Umbra Discussion
2 weeks ago
Oh, and Smothering Tithe is pretty great in any white edh deck. :)
Great build, +1!
3 weeks ago
Well. Here's what I got on white.
Sigarda's Aid is terrific if you have a lot of auras. Ethereal Armor also gets better the more enchantments you have. Technically, there are 3 more enchantress cards: Satyr Enchanter, Verduran Enchantress, and Mesa Enchantress.
Alseid of Life's Bounty adds to the enchantments on the field and can be used to save a creature or get damage through. Hyena Umbra is good if they aren't running exile or -1/-1 effects. Pentarch Ward can be good as well. Shield of the Oversoul will make a Bogle indestructible. Privileged Position protects everything else.
Deafening Silence can slow down your opponents (Eidolon of Rhetoric and Rule of Law are a higher cmc versions) and Shapers' Sanctuary can at least let you draw. Ghostly Prison can be used against aggro decks.
Cards I didn't mention before: Rancor = Amazing, Unbridled Growth is mana fixing but not ramp like Utopia Sprawl. Hydra's Growth is strong but you have to slow them down a lot for it to work. Sixth Sense is card draw if you consistently hit.
In the end you can play whatever colors, I just think red offers the least and isn't necessary due to the hybrid mana of Obosh, the Preypiercer.
3 weeks ago
Thanks, king saproling! I think some of these are a little weak, but Champion's Helm, Bastion Protector, Hyena Umbra Open the Vaults, Unquestioned Authority, and Divine Reckoning are definitely going in
3 weeks ago
Isamaru is such a funny legend. You list looks great. You might consider these cards: Inquisitor's Flail, Duelist's Heritage, Battle Mastery, Fireshrieker, Champion's Helm, Bastion Protector, Hyena Umbra, Tenza, Godo's Maul, Strata Scythe, Lapse of Certainty, Open the Vaults, Unquestioned Authority, Lightmine Field, Balan, Wandering Knight, Single Combat, Divine Reckoning
3 months ago
Why no auras like Hyena Umbra or Spider Umbra to buff and protect Atla Palani, Nest Tender? Maybe not playable at instant speed. But cheap and effective to protect in combination with the X=0 triggers from Mirror Entity. Not only the +1/+1 protection but also the Totem Armor is nice.
3 months ago
3 months ago
Misc: Etali, Primal Storm, Bloodbraid Elf, Rashmi, Eternities Crafter, Coiling Oracle, Shardless Agent, Kess, Dissident Mage, Spark Double, Beast Within, Terminate, Nature's Claim, Electrodominance, In Garruk's Wake, Karn's Temporal Sundering, Unexpected Results, Casualties of War, Deny Reality
I would also recommend a little more ramp, because you are going to have to cast the big things as soon as possible.
5 months ago
- there are several ways to go about this. I prefer the dont touch me method Merica' Enchant. By using cards that tax my enemy(s) to attack me I can successfully stall into the late game and never worry about my life total. Once i get there i use value town to win the game.
- Your method is much more of the "bogles" method. Utilize creatures like Gladecover Scout and Slippery Bogle to a good creature to pump up. It has hexproof so removing them are hard. These cares a like 1$ a copy roughly. Kor Spiritdancer is really good as well but more spendy. As for budget enchantments I would use 4x Ethereal Armor 2x Gryff's Boon 3-4x Hyena Umbra 4x Spider Umbra 2x Spirit Mantle . If you want to spend more money get Rancor and keep the Daybreak Coronet. If you go thsi rout i recommend 26 enchantments roughtly and about 13 creatures. Dryad Arbor is an interesting creature to look at (dont run more than 1 or 2 being its also easy to kill, and its a land). Path to exil is the best removal in the game in your colors. Id run 2 to help deal with probelmatic cards your friends might be playing. Leyline of Sanctity can also help you out if they have target player spells.
- Either way you go lands help so much. Espically when they tap for 2 colors and dont enter tapped. It helps smooth things so much. Temple Garden are a good investment and so is Razorverge Thicket . If you really want to get fancy Horizon Canopy are also really sweet. If you end up with the boggles rout youll need about 19 lands total. If you for bigger and better spells, Then its not as clean cut id have to look at your spell curve, I am gonna guess itd be 22-24 lands.
- If you want more feed back let me know. If you need help with other decks let me know as well.
- Also being you are considering Spirit mantel. Its gives it hex proof from creatures, and cannot be blocked from creatures as well. It also prevents all damage from creatures so it really helps.