Enchantment — Aura
Enchanted creature gets +1/+1 and has first strike.
Totem Armor (If enchanted creature would be destroyed, instead remove all damage from it and destroy this Aura.)
|Have (2)||PTsmitty , orzhov_is_relatively_okay819|
|Want (5)||jedidad68 , RedRenegade , Phobophile , DuncanBear26 , thumbs14|
Printings View all
|Ultimate Masters (UMA)||Common|
|Planechase Anthology (PCA)||Common|
|Planechase 2012 Edition (PC2)||Common|
|Rise of the Eldrazi (ROE)||Common|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Hyena Umbra occurrence in decks from the last year
All decks: 0.05%
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%
Hyena Umbra Discussion
1 month ago
- there are several ways to go about this. I prefer the dont touch me method Merica' Enchant. By using cards that tax my enemy(s) to attack me I can successfully stall into the late game and never worry about my life total. Once i get there i use value town to win the game.
- Your method is much more of the "bogles" method. Utilize creatures like Gladecover Scout and Slippery Bogle to a good creature to pump up. It has hexproof so removing them are hard. These cares a like 1$ a copy roughly. Kor Spiritdancer is really good as well but more spendy. As for budget enchantments I would use 4x Ethereal Armor 2x Gryff's Boon 3-4x Hyena Umbra 4x Spider Umbra 2x Spirit Mantle . If you want to spend more money get Rancor and keep the Daybreak Coronet. If you go thsi rout i recommend 26 enchantments roughtly and about 13 creatures. Dryad Arbor is an interesting creature to look at (dont run more than 1 or 2 being its also easy to kill, and its a land). Path to exil is the best removal in the game in your colors. Id run 2 to help deal with probelmatic cards your friends might be playing. Leyline of Sanctity can also help you out if they have target player spells.
- Either way you go lands help so much. Espically when they tap for 2 colors and dont enter tapped. It helps smooth things so much. Temple Garden are a good investment and so is Razorverge Thicket . If you really want to get fancy Horizon Canopy are also really sweet. If you end up with the boggles rout youll need about 19 lands total. If you for bigger and better spells, Then its not as clean cut id have to look at your spell curve, I am gonna guess itd be 22-24 lands.
- If you want more feed back let me know. If you need help with other decks let me know as well.
- Also being you are considering Spirit mantel. Its gives it hex proof from creatures, and cannot be blocked from creatures as well. It also prevents all damage from creatures so it really helps.
1 month ago
Nice build with some oft-overlooked cards in there! +1
You can check out my deck Intense Aura Beatdown for some suggestions if you're looking. Stand-outs include Spirit Mantle , Flickering Ward , Hyena Umbra , Umbra Mystic , and many many more that combo in my build.
It's mono-color (White), but imo if you're looking for cheap aura/enchantment cards, it doesn't get much more powerful than White anyway. Let me know if any of this helps!
2 months ago
Demarge I agree with the addition of Ethereal Armor , Conclave Tribunal , and Hyena Umbra and you made a good point about Overrule needing to be gone but personally I dislike soft counters (I must have been on some form of crack when i added Overrule) so I did make the change and added Absorb in place of it. Also I feel as if Bruna, Light of Alabaster even for a 6 drop still has a place because it can make use of any auras that get sent to hell by exile. Most of what you recommended has been implemented into the deck but the color blue adds so much to the deck that it wouldn't feel as good if it was cut. Also i made it only run basic lands not only for the pricing but to avoid anything entering tapped. Thanks for the help and feedback I truly appreciate it.
3 months ago
You might like these: Coalition Flag (super cool on a hexproof creature!), All That Glitters , Sram, Senior Edificer , Flickering Ward , Auramancer's Guise , Hyena Umbra , Curious Obsession , One with Nature , Vanishing , Sovereigns of Lost Alara , Heliod's Pilgrim , Flickerform , Unquestioned Authority , Helm of the Gods , Enchanted Evening
3 months ago
Not a bad idea. I think auras are widely overlooked and I see potential here.
I think there's room for the devotion mech to be strengthened for the benefit of Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx , and some room to even make the deck somewhat more competitive if you're interested.
I would consider cards like Worship , which become easier to cast with Hero of Iroas already maxed out in the MB, and Leyline of Sanctity which provides 2 white symbols for devotion to white. Each offer quite a frustrating foil to a good number of and burn and hate decks.
In order to make room, I would suggest boarding or removing at least 1 or more Hyena Umbra and Angelic Destiny each. I also suggest a slight thinning out of auras in general, try for no more than 20, to offer the player a contingent against hand flooding uncastable auras early game, and thus, mulligans.
Umbra Mystic makes Hyena Umbra a fair bit redundant, you have plenty offering first strike as it is, making first strike also I think a bit redundant, so even replacing Hyena Umbra with stronger, more mana costly white auras which can benefit from Hero of Iroas , would be another suggestion here.
This is the most painful suggestion, due to the $$ involved... If you can get your hands on 4x Stoneforge Mystic and at least 1x Sword of Fire and Ice , that there is a great combo for both drawing cards and dealing with decks with aura removal. I would recommend thy be at least in the sideboard.
4 months ago
I feel Sigil of the Empty Throne could be pretty decent in this deck. Oath of Lieges may also be a fun addition, if you ever wish to put a group hug element into this deck. I feel that more hoofed creatures should be added, so maybe consider Loyal Unicorn . Ethereal Armor could be of use to you. Hyena Umbra , Eland Umbra and Umbra Mystic are fun additions if you ever decide to go towards a Voltron strategy.
I hope these have helped!
5 months ago
A HP Hyena Umbra goes for like 60 cents. Would you consider swapping it out with indestructibility? Ive been playtesting and indestructibility almost always becomes a dead card. How has it played for you?
5 months ago
DivineKhaos No problem!
To also answer your question, I purposely made Tuvasa have no counterspells, for my own reasoning, it's 1. Dilutes the deck when you want to draw more enchantments and 2. I'm usually the threat and therefore it's more of a answer this now rather than I'm answering other people. I play in a degenerate meta so I'm often prone to having my board answered quite often, it's mostly play by ear and see what's on the field. If you know that there is a person playing a lot of boardwipes than go grab Shield of the Oversoul , Flickerform , or Hyena Umbra , same with targeted removal. Situations are always conditional and go to move is always to protect Tuvasa, against targeted removal I usually try to go for Shielding Plax or Vanishing . The more you play the more you can kinda expect what to happen but that's also the fun of it! I tuned my deck based on my meta and it reflects on how I play, if you feel like you need to add in counterspells or more protection, go for it! This is just my take on my Tuvasa deck and your free to adjust it as you see fit (major advocate of building your deck to suit your taste and personal preference!).