|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander 2018 (C18)||Common|
|Commander Anthology 2018 (CM2)||Common|
|Duel Decks: Elves vs. Inventors (DDU)||None|
|Commander 2014 (C14)||Common|
Combos Browse all
: Gain .
Great Furnace Discussion
1 week ago
The ability resolves as normal:
You don't have an artifact to sac, so you don't.
The "if you do" part of the ability checks to see if you sacrificed an artifact.
You didn't, so the second part of the ability doesn't happen. You don't return anything.
You could get around this by having an artifact land like Great Furnace in play. Cyclonic Rift on bounces non-land permanents, so you'd be able to sacrifice Great Furnace to satisfy the ability's condition.
2 weeks ago
We don't need another win condition and Aria of Flame is kind of a drag with its 'Instant and Sorcery' only while giving our opponents 10 lives each.
We need to have our pieces connect and leave less to the luck of the draw.
Right now we have disconnects in our sequence to winning... Feather, the Redeemed has a disconnect with Sunforger which tutors for Enlightened Tutor to grab us Paradox Engine but only if we get to draw using a draw spell. But where is Aetherflux Reservoir ?
But by having Goblin Engineer I can grab any one of the missing artifacts that is required for our win condition. With a casting cost of 1R and activation cost R, we just need Crimson Wisps or Expedite to pull our artifact into the battlefield for a total CMC of 4, which is the same as Aetherflux Reservoir and less than Paradox Engine .
1 month ago
marn3us: I suggest removing Ancient Den , Vault of Whispers , Great Furnace and Seat of the Synod . My experience with the artifact lands has not been good, as (at least in my meta) Stony Silence , Null Rod , Back to Basics and Blood Moon are all over the place. However, even if this is not the case, artifact lands still die to any Shatter effect, meaning that they are especially vulnerable with little upside. In a deck like this, I don't think hitting a critical mass of artifacts will be an issue, so I think the three on-color slow fetches would be good instead. I also advise running at least one off-color slow fetch, probably Grasslands because you have more white than red, because it will still fetch your Hallowed Fountain and Godless Shrine , making it effectively a dual land. If you don't want to run off-color fetches, I advise adding another shock of a color combination you don't have yet, like Sacred Foundry or Blood Crypt .
2 months ago
I'm looking to build a grixis superfriends deck and am looking for these cards. I have just updated my binder with everything I currently have.
- 1x Arcane Denial
- 1x Ashiok, Dream Render
- 1x Bedevil
- 1x Bojuka Bog
- 1x Chandra, Torch of Defiance
- 1x Chromatic Lantern
- 1x Counterspell
- 1x Countersquall
- 1x Dack Fayden
- 1x Daretti, Ingenious Iconoclast
- 1x Daretti, Scrap Savant
- 1x Dark Intimations
- 1x Darksteel Citadel
- 1x Decree of Annihilation
- 1x Deliver Unto Evil
- 1x Dimir Signet
- 1x Dragonskull Summit
- 1x Dreadbore
- 1x Drowned Catacomb
- 1x Flux Channeler
- 1x Gilded Lotus
- 1x Great Furnace
- 1x Honor-Worn Shaku
- 1x Interplanar Beacon
- 1x Izzet Signet
- 1x Jace, Unraveler of Secrets
- 1x Jace, Wielder of Mysteries
- 1x Jokulhaups
- 1x Karn's Bastion
- 1x Karn, the Great Creator
- 1x Kasmina, Enigmatic Mentor
- 1x Lethal Vapors
- 1x Luxury Suite
- 1x Morphic Pool
- 1x Mox Amber
- 1x Nevinyrral's Disk
- 1x Nicol Bolas, Dragon-God
- 1x Nightscape Familiar
- 1x Ob Nixilis Reignited
- 1x Obliterate
- 1x Overburden
- 1x Saheeli Rai
- 1x Saheeli, the Gifted
- 1x Sarkhan the Masterless
- 1x Savor the Moment
- 1x Seat of the Synod
- 1x Sensei's Divining Top
- 1x Tainted AEther
- 1x Temple of Deceit
- 1x Temple of Epiphany
- 1x Temple of Malice
- 1x Tezzeret the Seeker
- 1x Tezzeret, Agent of Bolas
- 1x Tezzeret, Artifice Master
- 1x Tezzeret, Master of the Bridge
- 1x The Chain Veil
- 1x The Elderspell
- 1x Time Sieve
- 1x Ugin, the Ineffable
- 1x Vault of Whispers
- Doubling Season
- Atraxa, Praetors' Voice
- Dark Depths
- Exquisite Blood
- 4x Goblin Guide
- japanese Alhammarret's Archive
- Mirari's Wake
- Elspeth, Knight-Errant
- Archangel of Thune
- Karlov of the Ghost Council
the rest is in my binder
3 months ago
3 months ago
Hey, looks good, nice upgrade so far of the precon :)
$50 upgrade to consider (the main theme of these upgrades are cards that give you repeatable value)
- Tezzeret the Seeker : repeatable artifact untap, tutor/put artifact you search for onto the battlefield and can be a win condition with artifacts. Tezz is the most expensive price card I'm suggesting, but he really does it all for artifact strategies.
- Daretti, Scrap Savant : repeatable draw/graveyard enabler/artifact reanimation, sac a Thopter/Servo to reanimate an artifact.
- Inventors' Fair : artifact tutor and life gain.
- Spire of Industry : rainbow land with an artifact or can make colorless mana.
- Great Furnace : red artifact land.
- Shivan Reef : Izzet Pain land, ETB untapped.
- Ash Barrens : basic landcycling or can ETB untapped to make colorless mana.
- Kuldotha Forgemaster : repeatable artifact tutor, sac Thopters/Servos to tutor for and put onto the battlefield an artifact.
- Sai, Master Thopterist : great repeatable value when casting artifacts, more draw with Thopters/Servos.
- Shimmer Myr : cast artifacts at instant speed, great with Unwinding Clock.
- Padeem, Consul of Innovation : protect artifacts from targeted removal and can be repeatable draw.
- Goblin Welder : instant speed repeatable artifact reanimation, sac a Thopter/Servo to reanimate an artifact.
- Treasure Mage : lots of good six or more CMC artifacts to tutor for.
- Memnarch : mana sink, turn your opponents permanents into artifacts and steal them.
- Bosh, Iron Golem : mana sink, sac artifacts you control to do damage to your opponents.
- Metalwork Colossus : good with Bosh since it can be recurred.
- Spine of Ish Sah : permanent removal, good with Bosh since when it dies it goes back to your hand.
- Nevinyrral's Disk : repeatable mass removal that's good with Planeswalkers since it doesn't kill them, can be reanimated or recurred since it's an artifact.
- Sharding Sphinx : army in a can with Thopters/Servos.
- Silver Myr
- Iron Myr
- Basalt Monolith : good with Tezzeret and Unwinding Clock.
- Hedron Archive : same as Monolith, but also sac to draw.
- Mystic Remora : one of the best sources of no mana cost repeatable draw in multiplayer Commander.
- Brainstorm : instant draw three for one mana.
Good luck with your deck.
3 months ago
Good thing I only have to remove 5 card!
What do you think of Student of Warfare for this deck? I think I have one lying around.
Same with Belligerent Hatchling , maybe deserves a spot here?
Love the land suggestions. Great Furnace is funny. I'm sure I have one, was sure I had it in this deck. I can't find it. I three times put it in my order list on Card Kingdom, 3 times I didn't realize I took it off. Definitely going in when I do get it.
Great Furnace occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.05%
UR (Izzet): 0.8%