Exile up to two target artifacts and/or enchantments.
Basic landcycling (, Discard this card: Search your library for a basic land card, reveal it, put it into your hand, then shuffle your library.)
|Want (2)||Etinifni , Throl7|
Printings View all
|Commander Anthology 2018 (CM2)||Uncommon|
|Commander 2016 (C16)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Sylvan Reclamation occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.02%
Sylvan Reclamation Discussion
6 months ago
Good start to a deck. Rienne looks like an interesting build, and the built-in recursion is pretty powerful. If I might suggest a few cards that work really well with her; Dauntless Escort , Saffi Eriksdotter and Qasali Pridemage are all cards that self-sacrifice with powerful effects that Rienne, Angel of Rebirth lets you re-use. These cards will help to make your board more sticky and keep Rienne around to keep chugging out that value.
Theres a ton of other multicolored creatures that have reusable effects when they enter, like Duergar Hedge-Mage , Knight of Autumn and Tolsimir, Friend to Wolves . If token making is something you're interested in, then Conclave Cavalier and Trostani's Summoner can do a decent job. If you want some good aggressive finisher cards, theres Gahiji, Honored One and Knight of New Alara who can pump your board pretty nicely, as well as the liege cycle from Lorwyn.
Since the deck is three color, getting the right mana on time might be a bit of a problem. You could do with swapping some of the basics out for some tri-color lands, like Command Tower and Jungle Shrine , and using cheap fetches like Evolving Wilds , Terramorphic Expanse and Krosan Verge can help you get the lands you need as you need them. Replacing cards like Safewright Quest with things like Farseek , Kodama's Reach and Skyshroud Claim are also going to help, as you can never have enough mana in an EDH game, as we all know.
Your deck is also pretty light on removal, stuff like Swords to Plowshares , Sylvan Reclamation , Return to Dust , Generous Gift and Beast Within can get rid of troublesome creatures or permanents that threaten you or stop you winning with creatures. While they aren't flashy, sometimes you just need to get rid of that Rest in Peace before it does too much damage.
Thats my take on just some of the cards I figure could improve the deck, but I'm no expert. Play around with it and see what you like. If you find yourself struggling to cut cards, here's a list of what I feel are the weakest links in your deck, in no particular order; Chandra, Fire Artisan - You have access to better card draw and the burn shouldn't be super relevant most games. Dryad Militant , Vernadi Shieldmate , Skyknight Vanguard , Boros Swiftblade and Sunhome Guildmage all seem fairly low impact. Fatal Frenzy seems odd as your creatures aren't super large, and your commander isn't going to easily win by Commander Damage. War's Toll and Mana Web seem like filler slots, but maybe these help against your local meta?
Hopefully some of this helps, I look forward to seeing how the deck develops in the future.
7 months ago
Liking the concept of the deck.
I'm just wondering that you may be a bit light on lands, especially given the number of spells and spells with high CMC. My fear is that you may just be stuck waiting to play Magic unless you hit one of the cheap ramp sources in the deck. Personally I would be running about 36 lands in a deck like this, plus the 5-8 ramp sources you already have.
Another note is that the list appears to have 2x Sylvan Reclamation which you might want to address ;-)
7 months ago
Hey, thanks a lot for your suggestions! There might be couple I'd like to use. As for the others, I've listed my thoughts below:
- I am already using Parallel Lives , and I'm not sure my deck relies enough on tokens to justify running both that and Anointed Procession , especially since it doesn't work with Tolsimir (aside from giving me the extra 3 life). If I feel I need to extra token generation, I might consider throwing in a procession.
- Bower Passage , I don't really like. I dislike cards that straight up turn my creatures unblockable for the right opponent (and may do nothing for others). Dense Canopy I like more, since it affects the whole table, and might therefor work better as a diplomatic tool. Same goes for Gravity Well . The problem remains though that they're dead cards if I'm playing against someone without flyers out. For a first draft I'd rather rely on the removal granted by the fighting ability and see if I still have enough trouble with flyers to justify one of them.
- Coat of Arms I don't like much as a card, and it goes against the theme. The last goes for Generous Gift as well, I think Beast Within fits the theme much better.
- I might add Skyshroud Claim if I feel I need more ramp. Nature's Lore I just just don't like in EDH. It has too little impact to be worth a card slot for me.
- I had been looking at my lack of recursion, and considering something like Praetor's Counsel to address it, but I felt it went too much against the theme. Seasons Past is a much better alternative. I'll consider adding it.
- Lastly, I'm going to straight up disagree with you that Aura Shards is in any way better than Sylvan Reclamation . Not only does it exile the targets (which helps against indestructible targets like Gods or Darksteel Forge , against which Aura shards is useless), but it's instant speed whereas I need to pre-emptively cast Aura Shards to be able to respond to artifacts or enchantments coming out, giving my opponents a chance to deal with it before they play their big targets (or get a free turn with them if I hold the Shards back). On top of that, I can basic landcycle the reclamation if I ever find myself in dire need of land. I had considered Aura Shards instead of Nullmage Shepherd , as they are much more comparable, but ended up opting for the shepherd since it allows me to more easily destroy targets on instant speed (since I just need untapped creatures rather than a way to pump out creatures on instant speed to trigger it).
I couldn't help but notice you had a list of your own. I'll take a look at it later and let you know my thoughts on that.
7 months ago
8 months ago
-- Divine Intervention - replace with a full wipe, rather than something that lets your opponent keep their best creature.
-- Leonin Arbiter - with the amount of searching you do, I'd re-think the search denial, as it hinders your own searching for lands too.
-- Jedit Ojanen of Efrava is just... not the greatest. He's pretty lackluster.
-- Curse of Vitality is very minor lifegain.
You have an awful lot of slow lands, that come in tapped. Canopy Vista is pretty much strictly better than a Guildgate.
Soul's Majesty should be replaced with Rishkar's Expertise - it's one mana more, but can't be countered by killing the target, and it lets you cast something in your hand (even if it's not one of the things you drew).
I find Hunter's Prowess is outclassed by its uncommon counterpart, Hunter's Insight - it lacks the +3/+3, but the instant speed means you can just choose any unblocked creature, your opponents not getting the ability to block the target more to deny you cards. Also, it's 2 mana cheaper.
I'd try to find a slot for Rancor - it's a recurring way to grant trample, and +2/0 for one mana is sweet.
Lightning Greaves has screwed you over so many times in our games. Consider Swiftfoot Boots instead? The two differences are it costs mana to equip, at the trade-off of you can still target the creature later on without opening a vulnerability window with re-equip/etc, or locking you out of targeting it if it's your only creature.
8 months ago
Drop all the card draw cards, commander is more than enough for all your card draw needs.
Assemble the Legion
Gruul: Decimate pretty much must have or any of the Domri planeswalkers
Selesnya: Aura Shards or Trostani Discordant or Sylvan Reclamation
Would also add Ash Barrens as its must have for 5 color decks
9 months ago
I would cut a board wipe, maybe two. I'd also drop a land. Abzan Banner is a strictly worse Commander's Sphere . Solidarity is the one combat trick you are missing. I really don't Huatli is even worth it in here to be honest, shes pretty underwhelming. I think Darksteel Plate would be nice if you can get it, protecting Doran is key and its better than hyena umbra. I also love Read the Bones and Snuff Out in most black decks. Sylvan Reclamation is also really strong. I'd run that or Return to Dust . Crod would recommend Crush Contraband over return but I prefer the former.
As for creatures
I think Sapling of Colfenor would be good. Pontiff of Blight seems kinda fun. Karametra, God of Harvests . Oblivion Sower is something a little unconventional that I like, and World Breaker could also be worth a shot.
9 months ago
Hey there, You might be interested to add The new Evolution Sage . I would also look for some additional protection like Lightning Greaves Swiftfoot Boots and maybe Heroic Intervention as atraxa is a removalmagnet. Cards to cut:
Sylvan Reclamation it is too expensive and there a many better option for artifact/enchantment removal
Ichor Rats would be ok if you were more dedicated into infect but like this it's too slow with proliferate alone
Orzhov Advokist The protection sounds better then it is, people just pump their creatures till they are confident enough to attack and most casual decks are midrange either way so they take the Bonus 1-2 turns gladly