|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander 2018 (C18)||Uncommon|
|Commander Anthology 2018 (CM2)||Uncommon|
|Commander 2016 (C16)||Uncommon|
|Commander 2014 (C14)||Uncommon|
|2012 Core Set (M12)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
: Gain .
, : Sacrifice Buried Ruin: Return target artifact from your graveyard to your hand.
|Have (5)||metalmagic , , PTsmitty , Schmawl , gosora|
|Want (6)||Zarathustra77 , DesertedTemple , vortex0360 , greenegeek , Daddy1ong1egs13 , philktoken8998|
Buried Ruin Discussion
18 hours ago
First playtests led to many changes:
- Flux Channeler out for → Phyrexian Revoker : Does not enough for the deck's strategy. Replaced by something new to test. Pithing Needle is already strong.
- Pyroblast out for → Chaos Warp : Pyroblast is a strong card, as you will most of the time encounter at least one blue player in a game pod. At worst, you may discard it to loot effects. But the Oathbreaker format allows only 60 cards and therefore available spots for suboptimal cards are scarce. Plus I don't play enough loot effects in the new version of the deck. Replaced by another removal.
- Faithless Looting out for → Retrofitter Foundry : Replaced by something new to test with cmc-1.
Manabase and ramp changes:
- Buried Ruin out for → Academy Ruins : Upgrade.
- Mishra's Workshop out for → Volcanic Island : Not enough artifacts to make Mishra shine.
- Chief Engineer out for → Curse of Opulence : Not enough artifacts to make good use of the Engineer. Replaced by another ramp option being tested.
- Mox Diamond out for → Fellwar Stone : Not enough lands and/or land recursion. This mox is very good for fast play and competitive decks. This is not the strategy here.
- Storm the Vault Flip out for → Tangle Wire : Not enough artifacts and manacost too high for what it does. Replaced by something more staxy. Tangle Wire is a salty card, but I like to consider this card more-or-less for ramp. See section above for explanations.
6 days ago
Ok, so my biggest concerns are:
1) Outside of Walking Ballista , the other creatures you’re running feel really cumbersome, and probably serve to only validate a bunch of the opponents killspells, other than help you.
2) Without ways to get back key artifacts that’ve been destroyed (with, for example, Buried Ruin , you leave yourself mire vulnerable to the opponents artifact hate (there’s plenty of Abrades and Kolagan’s Command mainboard, and after game 1 stuff’s gunna get scarier).
3) I’m concerned by the lack of running green to both help assemble tron and get your artifact pieces. It seems like you’re doing this only for flavour reasons and not for any actual gain?
1 week ago
Most the the comments/discussion around deck updates seem to happen on this page, though, but if you'd prefer I not tag users in comments, let me know.
1 week ago
What are you on about NeonEndymion?
I haven't played Buried Ruin in years, and have been at 30 lands for quite a while now.
I'm also not running Gilded Drake . It's not even on my maybeboard, even though it should be.
I did, however, drop Fact or Fiction and Thirst for Knowledge in favor of Narset's Reversal and Narset, Parter of Veils , and am testing those now.
1 week ago
Any thoughts on the minor updates Morimus has made to his list for War of the Spark? I see he's dropped some of the 3CMC draw spells, as well as Buried Ruin to the maybe-board, going down on lands by a slot to 30, in order to slot in Gilded Drake and the 2x best new blue cards from WotS.
2 weeks ago
Seems like a somewhat toned down list to whawt I'm used to. A few concerns would be "goodstuff" cards like Sword of Feast and Famine . And I also am worried about running reccursion cards like Buried Ruin and Mistveil Plains alongside anti-recursion cards like Rest in Peace .
3 weeks ago
I'd add Scavenger Grounds for graveyard hate and Buried Ruin to be able to rebuy your artifacts. For this reason, I also like adding Expedition Map to be able to tutor up your spell lands. Mikokoro, Center of the Sea & Arch of Orazca could be considerations as well.
Finale of Promise from WAR may be worth testing.
No Pyrohemia ? Is it not explosive enough?
4 weeks ago
AdNauseam12 you can’t activate the staff on endstep. It’s sorcery speed. The core of the deck is protecting the combo with counterspells. You need recursion just in case the staff going to GW. Academy Ruins and Buried Ruin fits very well in the deck.
Buried Ruin occurrence in decks from the last year
All decks: 0.07%
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.11%
U/R (Izzet): 0.74%