|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Modern Masters 2017 Edition (MM3)||Rare|
|Zendikar Expeditions (EXP)||Mythic Rare|
Combos Browse all
, Pay 1 life, Sacrifice Arid Mesa: Search your library for a Mountain or Plains card and put it onto the battlefield. Then shuffle your library.
|Want (19)||coolman156 , mikegioia , jecder , ivaggione , Pabs4444 , saffye , d3adsilence , BlackShads , PTsmitty , Vlad_The_Inhaler , snip102 , personwhoplays , zilikken , Illhavethesoup , Forkbeard , SpetznazM16 , CampbellStev , yewminyst81 , MurderousMeatloaf|
Arid Mesa Discussion
3 days ago
The only other adjustments I would make would mostly be lands. Have you considered Academy Ruins instead of Buried Ruin? Its repeatable. You also might consider cutting some of your colorless lands for the rest of the fetches in your colors: Arid Mesa , Bloodstained Mire , and Misty Rainforest .
6 days ago
- Ok so for starters your SB (sideboard) is for games after the 1st game, you want cards that help you solve problems in the match up you are against. For example Crypt Incursion is good against decks that want creatures in their graveyard.
- Shelldock Isle is an amazing card
- Fatal Push push is great when you have cards like Arid Mesa . Its one mana kill a dude. In more causel games it doesn't solve with big dudes. Murder is a card I use a lot in casual play just due to the fact it kills anything. Doom Blade is also good, as well as Hero's Downfall . - Visions of Beyond is a 4 of in every competitive mill deck. However, those decks are a lot faster. 1 mana draw a card is like a worse version of blue. If you have issues getting that card's up side cut it for opt.
- Ashiok, Dream Render helps you mill faster so i might consider putting 2 in the main deck.
- Unmoored Ego its a nice card, My only probelm with it is you want them to just deck themselves. Thats 3 mana 4 cards at best. Its not very effective. Mind Funeral mills more, plus its 4 less lands so they wont be able to get land drops as easily which makes casting spells harder.
- Wall of Lost Thoughts helps keep you alive which is always nice.
- Manic Scribe is a great card as well.
- Being its casuel this card is soooooo tilting Consuming Aberration Its so much fun I might even consider running 3. You are a 22-24 land deck which means you should be able to cast it often enough, and when you do it can be game winning.
- Sphinx's Tutelage can also help your deck.
- Traumatize is funny as well. There is a fish that does the same thing i cant rememebr its name.
- Increasing Confusion Reoccurring Nightmare are also fun.
- Another way to approach this deck is cards like Trepanation Blade + Tormented Soul and Paranoid Delusions and Whispering Madness . It can be a fun deck to play with.
2 weeks ago
I don't see the use in adding white as an extra color for a creature here.
What I would do is remove Leonin Squire , Arid Mesa , Godless Shrine , Plains , and Sacred Foundry . Substitute the creature with one of these: - Trading Post - Skeleton Shard - Fortuitous Find - Myr Retriever , OR - Scrap Trawler
The Arid Mesa , Godless Shrine , Plains , and Sacred Foundry can be traded out for mountains and swamps, as well as: - Cinder Barrens - Canyon Slough (this has Cycling, so would be good for drawing) - Akoum Refuge - Blackcleave Cliffs - Bloodfell Caves - Dragonskull Summit , AND/OR - Buried Ruin , which would give you additional room to return artifacts
3 weeks ago
NivStormfront if I'm not mistaken I think the competitive meter goes up based on the high profile cards, maybe even the salty cards, that you see in most compet Cards like Sylvan Library and Gaea's Cradle are cards that can make the meter move.
In this deck from what I can tell Damnation , Wrath of God , lands like Arid Mesa , Sensei's Divining Top are cards that I believe add to the competitive meter. IMO I'm definitely opened to be proved wrong on this theory because I really have no vlue. It's just something I noticed.
1 month ago
1 month ago
the manabase is very slow, all your duals come in tapped. I'm not a fan of that fact, but hey, it is budget, so good job making it competitive for 50 bucks. I guess what I'm trying to say is, for people willing to spend a bit more money on this, upgrading the mana base is what I would do first. get rid of all the guild gates and the life lands or what ever their called and get shock lands. upgrade the warped land scape and evolving wilds into fetch lands instead. the only lands I would keep that come in tapped are the bounce lands. Selesnya Sanctuary , Gruul Turf , Boros Garrison , Jungle Shrine , Rogue's Passage , Skarrg, the Rage Pits , Contested Cliffs and the basics are what I would keep, dump the rest for better things. This is of course only aimed at people that can afford it. Sacred Foundry for example is dirt cheap for a shock land. the others aren't expensive either. So for People that can afford them, I recommend: Sacred Foundry , Stomping Ground , Wooded Foothills , Windswept Heath , Bloodstained Mire , Prismatic Vista , Naya Panorama & Bant Panorama . These last 2 are dirt cheap, tap for a colorless and can fetch you all and 2 of your dominating colors in your deck. But if you really wanna splash the cast, replace those 2 with Arid Mesa & either: Marsh Flats for a white fetch, Scalding Tarn for a red fetch or Misty Rainforest / Misty Rainforest for a green fetch. looking at the card cost in the deck I would go for white and green for the last 2 slots, but these last lands I mentioned cost a fortune, we are talking upwards of a 100 $ a piece. Arid mesa is the cheapest @ 50 bucks I think. So my personal suggestion is to go with my original idea and go for the tri colored fetch lands (the panorama lands).
1 month ago
Below is a list of cards I have for sale. I will be adding more, and removing cards as they sell. Prices can be negotiated if reasonable. I plan on selling these on tcg player but thought I'd lower the price on try to sell on here first. I updated my binder a little bit ago, and have made some trades and have not been able to update due to thopters.
Wheel of Fortune (revised) - $70.
Arid Mesa (mm3) - $35.
Scalding Tarn (mm3)- $73.50.
Batterskull (new phyrexia) - $27.
Blightsteel Colossus - $41.
Cavern of Souls (A. Restored) - $50.
Giver of Runes (foil)- $28.
Mana Vault 5th - $21.
Marsh Flats mm3- $38.
Staff of Domination - $27.
Sword of Feast and Famine (M Beseiged) - $56.
Sword of Light and Shadow (darksteel)- $39.
Ugin, the Spirit Dragon - $35.
Sensei's Divining Top (E masters) - $27.
Rings of Brighthearth - $35.
PayPal or money order. PayPal use friends/family or add 4%.
No extra shipping fee unless you need/want signature or insurance. Tracking will be included. I ship in padded envelopes only. I can only guarantee that I ship it, unless you insure it ($3).
I have over 120 traded on here, and over 140 trades on deckbox. I have over 100 sales on Ebay. All using same name.
2 months ago
Inspiring Veteran , Heavenly Blademaster , Blood Crypt , Godless Shrine , Sacred Foundry , Arid Mesa , Marsh Flats , Bloodstained Mire , Auriok Steelshaper , Mortify , Vindicate , Damnation , Wrath of God , Enlightened Tutor , Sol Ring , Lightning Greaves , Boros Signet , Orzhov Signet , Rakdos Signet , Acclaimed Contender , Hammer of Nazahn , Arcane Signet , Sword of Feast and Famine
Mirran Crusader , Worthy Knight , Righteous Confluence , Despark , Generous Gift , Rakdos Charm , Infiltration Lens , True Conviction , Colossus Hammer , Blackblade Reforged Cavalier of Flame , Sunforger , Ugin, the Ineffable , 2 Mountains, 4 Plains, 2 Swamps
Arid Mesa occurrence in decks from the last year
All decks: 0.4%
All decks: 0.56%
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.12%
WUB (Esper): 0.59%
RGW (Naya): 1.69%
UBR (Grixis): 0.46%
RBW (Mardu): 0.87%