|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Oath of the Gatewatch (OGW)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Sifter of Skulls
Creature — Eldrazi
Devoid (This card has no color.)
Whenever another nontoken creature you control dies, put a 1/1 colorless Eldrazi Scion creature token onto the battlefield. It has "Sacrifice this creature: Add to your mana pool." ( represents colorless mana.)
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (24)||Mousemke , Wolfebladeelite , gildan_bladeborn , HR19 , twistedmage , , Va1mar , saj0219 , jhTheMan99 , MattN7498 , golgarigirl , SketchyScribbler , Lindough , TrackerD , accioali , Ellyreia , Nemesis , Regulus1010 , Snydog17 , mziter501 , Atroxreaper , thetechzombie , clayperce , Venser_the_Sojoner|
Sifter of Skulls Discussion
1 month ago
nice deck but missing some stuff
- Molten Nursery pretty much everysingle colorless thing you cast can deal damage to creatures or opponent's
- Emrakul's Influence just cast your eldrazi two card draw
- Kozilek's Return need a third board sweep well here it is.
- Not of This World wow this is not in if they try to get rid of you big guy(s) this can counter it. FOR FREE!
- Corrupted Crossroads this is not in your deck https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74hA6Q7vPI4why.... honestly why... ITS A RAINBOW MANA PRODUCER FOR ALL THE ELEDRAZIS!!!!!!
- Flayer Drone same thing as the nursey but this is etb trigger on creatures so throw in Brood Monitor then you can do infinite damage with Eldrazi Displacer
- It That Betrays *facepalm* why in earths name is this not in if you All Is Dust with this on the field its instantaneously all over for your opponents you just stole every single thing they have.
- Deepfathom Skulker card draw and makes eldrazis unblockable
- Void Attendant exploit the cituation on all of the exiled cards for mana (don't do a sacrifice focused deck though.)
- Brood Butcher nice removal for the small creatures particually keeping Gaddock Teeg from ever seeing the light of the battlefield
- you have the banner (creatures get +1/+1 for each creature that shares a type) so scion/spawn producers is a must Brood Monitor, Blight Herder, Rapacious One, Drowner of Hope, Emrakul's Hatcher, Skittering Invasion and Sifter of Skulls.
- you have From Beyond go get the other one Awakening Zone
- Ashnod's Altar lets change the scions/spawns mana from 1 to 2 shall we.
- last but not least a top secret staple card nobody even bothers to put in stranglely Spreading Plague you just cast korona thne you just lock out anybody from getting creatures on the board and heres the kicker your beautiful eldrazis get untouched by this because devoid means they are colorless and its not a color.
oh heres a bonus if your willing to breath deep and do this but the Gisela, the Broken Blade and Bruna, the Fading Light for a loop hole of getting somewhat two white eldrazi since this can turn into Brisela, Voice of Nightmares
so those are my suggestions
1 month ago
However Butcher of Malakir's mana cost is insanely high for this deck, and in addition he eats a lot of removal once he is on the board.
Grim Haruspex used to be in the deck, its ability however don't trigger on tokens therefore not a lot of value. He may slip into my "maybe board"
1 month ago
Love your commander, looks like a lot of fun to play. Only things I can really suggest could be Sifter of Skulls. It can get you even more creatures to sacrifice and control the board state, and maybe Butcher of Malakir, although it's got a high cmc.
2 months ago
from my gatherer search: Apprentice Necromancer, Basal Thrull, Emrakul's Evangel, Flesh Carver, Fleshwrither, Generator Servant, Heart-Piercer Manticore, Lyzolda, the Blood Witch, Rapacious One, Sifter of Skulls, Stronghold Assassin, Tymaret, the Murder King, Varolz, the Scar-Striped, Voldaren Pariah, Yahenni, Undying Partisan
3 months ago
Necroskitter to take your opponents creatures
4 months ago
A critical mechanic of Yahenni of the Endless Offerings (EDH) is for opponents to be forced into sacrificing their creatures.
Equally as critical is for the player to also have creatures to sacrifice. As much as the utility of the Eldrazi Scions and Spawns is enjoyable, and as you mentioned invaluable in certain situations; it is important to have creatures to react to sacrifice triggers.
An Eldrazi Scion or Spawn lose their value when they are targeted with spells like Altar's Reap, or used for activated abilities such as Attrition or Vampiric Rites. Whereas a 1/1 Rat Creature Token from Ogre Slumlord I can sacrifice without a second thought.
This deck has a strong focus on knowing when sacrifice and when not to.
Again, I will still strongly consider Pawn of Ulamog in the future, and I do appreciate your time and recommendations.
Getting feedback or hearing more ideas is one of the best ways to craft the most intricate decks.
4 months ago
Thank you for your recommendations,
Ogre Slumlord was already part of the original deck list.
I had originally considered Pawn of Ulamog in the original deck list, but it hadn't made it to the final cut. I will consider it again in the future. It will be added to the maybe board.
Sifter of Skulls is a strictly worse version of Pawn of Ulamog (in my own honest opinion), and probably won't be considered above or alongside Pawn of Ulamog; having two of the same delayed abilities is redundant.