|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Oath of the Gatewatch (OGW)||Rare|
|Promo Set (000)||None|
Combos Browse all
Sifter of Skulls
Creature — Eldrazi
Devoid (This card has no color.)
Whenever another nontoken creature you control dies, put a 1/1 colorless Eldrazi Scion creature token onto the battlefield. It has "Sacrifice this creature: Add to your mana pool." ( represents colorless mana.)
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (24)||Wolfebladeelite , Va1mar , gildan_bladeborn , SketchyScribbler , twistedmage , mziter501 , Mousemke , duff87 , saj0219 , golgarigirl , , MattN7498 , jstn.mrrtt , Lindough , TrackerD , accioali , Ellyreia , Nemesis , Regulus1010 , Snydog17 , Atroxreaper , thetechzombie , clayperce , Venser_the_Sojoner|
Sifter of Skulls Discussion
4 days ago
Let's say that I have Pawn of Ulamog, Requiem Angel, Sifter of Skulls, Elenda, the Dusk Rose, and two other creature tokens (we'll just call them non-spirit creature tokens) on the board, and an opponent decides to board wipe. How does this resolve? Can I stack the triggers in a way that will allow Pawn of Ulamog, Requiem Angel, and Sifter of Skulls to spit out tokens after the wipe? Will Elenda, the Dusk Rose see all this happening, get pumped up, and spit out tokens afterwards? How would this resolve? What stacking of triggers would allow for the best value?
I have asked this same question elsewhere and heard that, while each creature will see the other leaving the battlefield and multiple triggers will be on the stack, Elenda, the Dusk Rose's first ability will not trigger, only the second.
3 weeks ago
It's been a while since I worked on this deck and just recently dusted off the tappedout list. I initially didn't include Mikaeus because he was fairly expensive and I didn't know how much I wanted to do with Undying.
As for the land-searchers, when I threw this together I was more concerned with getting colors, that's why I didn't list Sol Ring, Thran Dynamo etc. as they produce colorless mana mostly. I've been thinking about picking this up again, so I'll review everything again.
The Altars might be very nice to get more mana, but Scorpio's ability can get pretty expensive so I don't think we can churn out an infinite combo with it very easily.. I think it would work if you happened to have something like Pitiless Plunderer as well, with Ashnod's Altar you'd get , and could use the treasure token for at least one of the required /. I don't think it can go infinite, but you can combo as long as there are creatures on the board. Probably, seeing as we have quite a lot of other -1/-1 effects that might kill stuff, as long as we somehow get colored mana from their death...
Bog Initiate would allow you to filter the colorless mana into colored mana.
So it might be possible to go infinite, but you'd need a lot of cards in play to combo off. Sac outlet for mana, treasure or eldrazi tokens for colors, revival though undying or pesist..
1 month ago
While I do like a lot of the combos & the cards you've packed into this deck, I think this deck still has quite a few weaknesses:
1) How do you deal with commander hate? i.e repeated destruction (aside from re-casting it and Sylvan). If you don't have Mazirek, I don't think this deck will go anywhere.
2) Still needs more tutors; your combos are great but I don't know how reliably you'll get them with Sidisi/Razaketh/Diabolic (did I miss something?). How about Protean Hulk, Defense of the Heart or Tooth and Nail? You could always tutor up a combo like Mycoloth + Sylvan Safekeeper or It That Betrays and Sheoldred. Though I know this deck likes it slow and steady, you could also go off on a chain such as Defense of the Heart / Tooth & Nail -> Protean Hulk + Sidisi/Razaketh, sacrifice Hulk -> tutor for Animate Dead (to recur Protean later), protean trigger to tutor any combo 6cmc, Animate Dead the protean, Sacrifice it, grab an Eternal Witness to get your Animate Dead back, rinse and repeat-> Razaketh/Tutor/Sac for Deathrender or Ashnod's Altar -> Razaketh/Tutor/Sac for any creature you want onto the battlefield, starting with token generators (Abhorrent Overlord or Hornet Queen, and sacrificing tokens for mana/tutor and cast all of your colorless artifacts. Akroma's Memorial and Craterhoof Behemoth = GG! It might cost you 20 life or so but it sure will be fun (for you)!
3) Weak to board wipes, takes awhile (unless you have good luck) to reach full potential. Things like bitterblossom just aren't as fun as cheating something like Abhorrent Overlord or Hornet Queen. Also try Living Death just in case someone wipes you.
I would also advise removing some of the weaker mana accelerators: Birds/Elvish Mystic/Deep Shadow and replace it with more....sac-related fodder because they feel pretty useless drawing it late-game.
Fun cards to consider: (Apologizes if already included)
It That Betrays, Pernicious Deed, Savra, Queen of the Golgari, Endrek Sahr, Master Breeder, Akroma's Memorial, Spore Frog, Carrion Feeder, Volrath's Stronghold, Oran-Rief, the Vastwood, Hardened Scales, Walking Ballista, (control: Contamination, Bojuka Bog)
3 months ago
nice deck but missing some stuff
- Molten Nursery pretty much everysingle colorless thing you cast can deal damage to creatures or opponent's
- Emrakul's Influence just cast your eldrazi two card draw
- Kozilek's Return need a third board sweep well here it is.
- Not of This World wow this is not in if they try to get rid of you big guy(s) this can counter it. FOR FREE!
- Corrupted Crossroads this is not in your deck https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74hA6Q7vPI4why.... honestly why... ITS A RAINBOW MANA PRODUCER FOR ALL THE ELEDRAZIS!!!!!!
- Flayer Drone same thing as the nursey but this is etb trigger on creatures so throw in Brood Monitor then you can do infinite damage with Eldrazi Displacer
- It That Betrays *facepalm* why in earths name is this not in if you All Is Dust with this on the field its instantaneously all over for your opponents you just stole every single thing they have.
- Deepfathom Skulker card draw and makes eldrazis unblockable
- Void Attendant exploit the cituation on all of the exiled cards for mana (don't do a sacrifice focused deck though.)
- Brood Butcher nice removal for the small creatures particually keeping Gaddock Teeg from ever seeing the light of the battlefield
- you have the banner (creatures get +1/+1 for each creature that shares a type) so scion/spawn producers is a must Brood Monitor, Blight Herder, Rapacious One, Drowner of Hope, Emrakul's Hatcher, Skittering Invasion and Sifter of Skulls.
- you have From Beyond go get the other one Awakening Zone
- Ashnod's Altar lets change the scions/spawns mana from 1 to 2 shall we.
- last but not least a top secret staple card nobody even bothers to put in stranglely Spreading Plague you just cast korona thne you just lock out anybody from getting creatures on the board and heres the kicker your beautiful eldrazis get untouched by this because devoid means they are colorless and its not a color.
oh heres a bonus if your willing to breath deep and do this but the Gisela, the Broken Blade and Bruna, the Fading Light for a loop hole of getting somewhat two white eldrazi since this can turn into Brisela, Voice of Nightmares
so those are my suggestions
4 months ago
However Butcher of Malakir's mana cost is insanely high for this deck, and in addition he eats a lot of removal once he is on the board.
Grim Haruspex used to be in the deck, its ability however don't trigger on tokens therefore not a lot of value. He may slip into my "maybe board"
4 months ago
Love your commander, looks like a lot of fun to play. Only things I can really suggest could be Sifter of Skulls. It can get you even more creatures to sacrifice and control the board state, and maybe Butcher of Malakir, although it's got a high cmc.
5 months ago
from my gatherer search: Apprentice Necromancer, Basal Thrull, Emrakul's Evangel, Flesh Carver, Fleshwrither, Generator Servant, Heart-Piercer Manticore, Lyzolda, the Blood Witch, Rapacious One, Sifter of Skulls, Stronghold Assassin, Tymaret, the Murder King, Varolz, the Scar-Striped, Voldaren Pariah, Yahenni, Undying Partisan
5 months ago
Necroskitter to take your opponents creatures