|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
Creature — Human Druid
((R/G) can be paid with either (Red) or (Green).)
Sacrifice Wild Cantor: Add one mana of any color to your mana pool.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Wild Cantor Discussion
2 weeks ago
I have been playtesting the deck, and have learned a few things. It truly is a beatdown deck with tiny creatures, so you want 4x copies of the Goblin Bushwacker. The Bloodghast can br dropped for 2x more Wackers and 2x more Viscera Seer. Bomat Courier is sort of weak, I dropped these copies for Spark Elemental and have not regretted it at all. 3/1 Haste Trample and leaving behind a 2/2 Zombie should be illegal.
Also, to sideboard against Graveyard hate, Destructive Revelry is the best option. To make it a reliable cast, i added 4x to the Sideboard and i replaced 4x Gravecrawler with 4x Wild Cantor. Now the deck is working well and you can even hardcast Vengevine in a pinch by sacrificing Cantor. Bonus benefit, it plays around Blood Moon too!
1 month ago
Why though? Wild Cantor can give you any color, on it comes in, and for 1 less mana.
1 month ago
Heyo. First of all, this looks like what I call a "mulligan deck," meaning your opening hand is gonna be very important, so get used to mulligan'ing until you get a good starting 7. Beyond that, Putrid Imp may be better as four-of because if you can get it out, it is free discard whenever you want. Also, Lotus Petal is probably better in that slot than Wild Cantor, but Lotus Petal is "expensive." Finally, the cycling lands, like Lonely Sandbar, Barren Moor and Forgotten Cave, might be really good in this deck, because you can play them in an emergency, otherwise you cantrip/fill your graveyard with them.
In addition, here is a page a I found with a small Primer for Pauper Exhume decks: link.
2 months ago
2 months ago
Would suggest taking out the following
1) Planeswalkers: They are not accelerating your overall gameplan and are quite significant mana sinks since Animar only reduces creature costs.
2) Tapped/Bounce Lands: As Animar has a low cmc, having tapped/bounce lands reduces the speed at which you ramp up with mana and play your spells.
3) High devotion to color creatures: Since Animar reduces colorless mana cost, having high color devotion cards like Prime Speaker Zegana which requires 2 Green and Blue is not benefiting from your commander's ability, I suggest taking out cards that require 3-4 colored mana costs unless they are provide significant benefits.
Adding cards like 1) Mana dorks(e.g. Llanowar Elves, Wild Cantor, Beastcaller Savant etc.): Having more mana at your disposal gives you more options per turn. It also also Animar to drop in fast and start growing. Recommend mana dorks up to 2 cmc and preferably providing mana of any color. Beastcaller Savant has haste to tap immediately and provides flexibility in color.
2) Colorless Artifact Creature/Eldrazis (e.g. Ulamog's Crusher, Pathrazer of Ulamog: Since your deck appears to be going for creature beatdown, Eldrazis are your go to for the smackdown. Little to no color devotion and at a significant large Animar (i.e. +10/10), they drop almost for free. Void Winnower can really hurt your opponents since they can;t cast alot spells. Soul of New Phyrexia doubles as a beater and protection.
3) Card Draw/Advantage: Since you are dropping your cards at every turn, you need ways to refill your hand so you can either respond or recover if opponents disrupts your board. Cantrips works ok as they replace card for card but having additional cards draw is paramount in Commander format. Consider Soul of the Harvest, Primordial Sage, Mulldrifter as options to add in.
4) Counterspells: To protect your board once it grows big and fast as well as disrupting your opponents is important. Consider running a few counters depending on your playgroup level.
3 months ago
Shadow63- Mortician Beetle is a great suggestion.
Gattison- Nice to see you again lol. Wild Cantor seems nice. Also, Seal of Strength and Llanowar Augur seem awesome because not only does Bloodbriar get +3/+3, he also gets a +1/+1 counter out of it. I might do red because of the options. I’m glad to be a part of Team Brian! Thank you!