Creature — Elemental
, Sacrifice Generator Servant: Gain . If that mana is spent on a creature spell, it gains haste until end of turn. (That creature can attack and as soon as it comes under your control.)
Printings View all
|Ultimate Masters (UMA)||Common|
|Magic 2015 (M15)||Common|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Generator Servant occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%
Generator Servant Discussion
1 day ago
I dont know if it's good enough for modern, but I run this combo in pioneer and Generator Servant helps me go off as early as turn 3.
1 week ago
Mono Red? Check
I love it. Here's some ideas.
Draw: Tome of Legends will be great in here. Maybe add Manifold Key for double untap/unblockable synergy. Endless Atlas, Ignite the Future, Humble Defector(use Homeward Path with it), Light Up the Stage are all cheap draw that I love in red. Prophetic Flamespeaker, Neheb, Dreadhorde Champion, Knollspine Dragon, Tectonic Giant and Grenzo, Havoc Raiser all provide card advantage and/or push the aggro theme.
Ramp: Let's think about this for a minute. I think instead of turn 3 brother #1, turn 4 brother #2, we should try to get both brothers out turn 4 (with 4 land drops). That way we don't waste their haste or leave one brother out alone to get removed/wiped. For that, focus on cards that will get both broths out turn 4: Sol Ring, Generator Servant, Dockside Extortionist, Worn Powerstone, Coalition Relic, Seething Song, Ruby Medallion, Myriad Landscape + any 2cmc mana rock, Cloud Key, Hazoret's Monument, and Herald's Horn all allow you to get both Brother's swinging turn 4.
Helm of the host is a good idea. One combat and they're all 6/5s. Trample will be important then, so yeah Archetype of Aggression seems great. Blackblade Reforged will be consistently good.
Themes to consider:
- Historic matters cards
- Legendary Matters cards
- Aggro/go wide
This is a cool idea, I will be back later! Get a decklist up TypicalTimmy, I already want to upvote it!
2 weeks ago
Looks good! You might like these: Sram, Senior Edificer, Kor Spiritdancer, Eidolon of Blossoms, Satyr Enchanter, Ethereal Armor, All That Glitters, Sage's Reverie, Battle Mastery, Fertile Ground, Trace of Abundance, Market Festival, Dawn's Reflection, New Horizons, Generator Servant, Goreclaw, Terror of Qal Sisma, Dragonspeaker Shaman
3 weeks ago
Hey MagicalHacker! Looks like a great deck, Carah is a super interesting commander. You might like these cards: Thornbite Staff, Helm of the Host, Illusionist's Bracers, Mana Clash, Arcbond, Chandra's Ignition, Uba Mask, Omen Machine, Smoke, Treasure Nabber, Magewright's Stone, Thousand-Year Elixir, Inspiring Statuary, Generator Servant, Charmbreaker Devils, Primal Amulet Flip
4 weeks ago
I’ve also always found that Aura of Silence is a nice include since it will slow your non green opponents down significantly and acts as a piece of removal when stuff is about to get rid of it on the board.
Smothering Tithe as others have mentioned has pretty much become an auto-include in most decks.
Tectonic Giant is a good card for what the deck seems to want to do, dealing 3 damage to each opponent when it attacks so you can get the commander online sooner or acting as card draw for the deck. Also putting Aurelia, the Warleader in the 99 combos really well with the sword of sinew and steel and swords of war and peace you have in it.
I’ve also always been a huge fan of Mask of Memory in my Boros decks since it is decent enough card draw and is especially good with the earlier mentioned Aurelia. Another good ‘card draw’ card is Outpost Siege since the second mode can come in handy as well if you have a really developed board and are preparing for a wipe.
4 weeks ago
This is a good start. Good number of boardwipes and removal.
Not knowing your desired budget, power level or intended way to win, I am limited in how I can help.
For now, I'll keep things budget, and mostly suggest cards from the two most important categories in EDH, Card Draw and Ramp.
Ramp: With the curve you have currently, you'll need more. We will also attempt to lower the curve while cutting.
- Smothering Tithe. Dang. I thought this was more budget friendly. ST is very powerful, and a solid white staple that Boros needs. It's a good purchase.
- Generator Servant. Not really ramp, more of a ritual, but it can pump out a big boi 2 turns early with haste!
- Talisman of Conviction
- Wayfarer's Bauble
- Prismatic Lens
- Burnished Hart pet card, but it's solid ramp.
- Neheb, the Eternal could turn all of you X-spell boardwipes into a game winning play.
- Coldsteel Heart
And as she starts to build more decks and play more, a greater emphasis on 2cmc mana rocks over everything else will hopefully flourish.
Draw: Here's where you're really struggling.
- Reforge the Soul + other wheels are great with Smothering Tithe
- Neheb, Dreadhorde Champion is card selection, ramp, and a big attacker all in one.
- Land Tax (expensive) and Tectonic Reformation
- Humble Defector. My second favorite card in Magic, and a total pet card, but it's so good! If she's good at politics and making deals she can make this a card draw engine. Advise her to use it, give it to the least dangerous opponent on the condition that they a) give it back immediately and b) do some other small favor.
- Tome of Legends if you decide to switch commanders, or if she finds she attacks a lot.
- Prophetic Flamespeaker and Grenzo, Havoc Raiser get cards from attacking.
- Khorvath's Fury will wheel you and lower life totals.
- Etali, Primal Storm another on-theme way to get card advantage.
- Outpost Siege heard good things, but have never tried it myself.
- Ignite the Future is fast becoming one of my favorite red draw spells. Solid value.
Adding a bunch of these will let her have a way better time. More cards in hand = more fun.
- Gerrard, Weatherlight Hero solid protection piece. Consider him as the commander.
- Boros Charm another protection piece, with utility.
- Extra combat effects.
- Lower the CMC of your boardwipes.
- Try to lower the CMC over all.
Cuts to consider:
- Basandra, Battle Seraph
- Chandra, Fire of Kaladesh
- Dawnbreak Reclaimer
- Fiendslayer Paladin
- Hunted Dragon
- Kalemne, Disciple of Iroas
- Phyrexian Soulgorger
- Leyline of Combustion
- Victory's Herald
Hope some of this helps!
4 weeks ago
Main thing I'm seeing is your ramp needs some TLC. As the previous poster stated... avoid mana rocks that cost + but only add 1 mana and drop Gilded Lotus. Lotus Petal, Azorius Signet, Boros Signet, Izzet Signet, Pentad Prism, Talisman of Conviction, Coalition Relic, Basalt Monolith, and Worn Powerstone are all better options. Also consider Generator Servant and Crystal Vein.
Feel free to check out my list for inspiration. It's not budget friendly as a whole but still plenty of budget options. Upvotes on any of my decks are appreciated. Narset, American Beauty
4 weeks ago
I have a few suggestions for you and I'll try to break it down by category.
Ramp: Drop all 4x rocks that cost but only add 1 mana. Arcane Signet, Pentad Prism, Basalt Monolith, Lotus Petal, and Coalition Relic are your best budget(ish) mana rock options you don't already run. Also consider Generator Servant and Crystal Vein.
Pillow Fort: Smoke is amazing here.
Auto Haste: Dragon Breath will automatically enchant Narset every time you recast her.
PW: Ral Zarek is handy for his untap ability (Strionic Resonator is easily my favorite target) and his ult is pretty easy to hit for 2-3 extra turns.
Feel free to check out my list for more ideas, it's one of the top rated Narset lists on this site. It's not budget friendly as a whole but still plenty of options. Upvotes on any of my decks are appreciated. Narset, American Beauty