|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Battle for Zendikar (BFZ)||Common|
Combos Browse all
Mortuary Mire enters the battlefield tapped.
When Mortuary Mire enters the battlefield, you may put target creature card from your graveyard on top of your library.
: Add to your mana pool.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Mortuary Mire Discussion
1 day ago
1 day ago
Check out my Sheoldred list here as I can probably trim down your mana costs with creatures. The expensive part of the deck is the mana base: Mono Black Sheoldred
Definitely want to center more cards around making players sacrifice creatures. Demon of Wailing Agonies is a great compliment to Yahenni and cards like Drana, Kalastria Bloodchief and Reaper from the Abyss are good controlled forms of creature based spot removal.
Hope this helps!
2 weeks ago
2 weeks ago
First I wanna say cool deck, but here is a suggestion. I think your better off putting in Mortuary Mire or another utility land in for Opal Palace as being in one color makes it less useful. I also want to point out that you could run the infinite lifegain/drain combo of Exquisite Blood + Sanguine Bond to end them immediately. +1
3 weeks ago
Cards I'd consider adding:
- Xenic Poltergeist - Ok, this is so good for this deck. Hear me out. The artifact becomes a creature until your next turn. So it'll be an artifact on your opponent's upkeep which is when they conveniently have to sacrifice a creature. Super useful if you've already wiped their board but there's some problematic artifacts floating around, which in EDH, there always are.
- Mortuary Mire - useful for when Sheoldred isn't out or to retrieve an extra creature
- Draw power! Ambition's Cost, Ancient Craving, Night's Whisper, Cremate, Harvester of Souls, Resourceful Return.
- Vona's Hunger - helps get around indestructible or hexproof
- Black Market - for even more mana
- Scour from Existence - more non-creature removal, something black struggles with
- Solemn Simulacrum - really good ramp, especially when you have as much recursion as you do
- Kokusho, the Evening Star - another good target for killing and recurring and killing again.
- Hell's Caretaker - I'm not quite sure how the abilities/triggers stack, but I'm pretty sure you could sac something to this to bring something back and then bring back the sacrificed creature with Sheoldred all in the same upkeep.
Cards I'd remove:
- Annihilate - for 5 mana, yeah it can't be regenerated and yeah you get to draw a card, but gosh that's expensive. Is regeneration enough of a problem in your meta that Doom Blade doesn't suffice?
- Commander's Sphere - sure it draws a card but a mono-colored deck doesn't really need 'mana of any color'. There's surely other rocks that are better. Hedron Archive comes to mind.
- Leyline of the Void - seems extremely counterproductive to what your deck and your commander want to do
4 weeks ago
I modified the list to make better use of Crop Rotation. I've added Mortuary Mire, Haunted Fengraf, and Deserts to give us good targets for it. I did try Evolution Charm for a bit, but I decided that 2 mana was too pricey for what we want early game. However, I am keeping one to give us 3 sources of non-creature ramp and utility, cutting a Blightning.
1 month ago
Just saying this as well, you're probably not going to want just forty basic lands even (20 swamps 20 islands) because you probably won't end up with the mana fixing you want, also make it less than forty lands other than what you already have due to the fact that you're not going to need forty six lands you goof.
So anyways I've told you you should put better lands in... now I should probably give you the options
Just good lands in your colors
A BIT PRICIER: Minamo, School at Water's Edge
Don't make it all nonbasics so you can make sure you've got fetch targets and such.
More good mill for ya, doesn't seem like ye've got enuff on ya mate.
Cheapin' for ya wallet mate:
A bit more harsh on ya bank account:
Again, you'll want the cards to remove things from opponents graveyards because you'll be putting a ton of stuff in there
That's it for today's suggesting, sorry about the shoddy text formatting job, I'm a bit new to this.