|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Eternal Masters (EMA)||Uncommon|
|Commander 2014 (C14)||Uncommon|
|Commander 2013 (C13)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Destroy target nonblack creature. It can't be regenerated.
Draw a card.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
1 month ago
Cards I'd consider adding:
- Xenic Poltergeist - Ok, this is so good for this deck. Hear me out. The artifact becomes a creature until your next turn. So it'll be an artifact on your opponent's upkeep which is when they conveniently have to sacrifice a creature. Super useful if you've already wiped their board but there's some problematic artifacts floating around, which in EDH, there always are.
- Mortuary Mire - useful for when Sheoldred isn't out or to retrieve an extra creature
- Draw power! Ambition's Cost, Ancient Craving, Night's Whisper, Cremate, Harvester of Souls, Resourceful Return.
- Vona's Hunger - helps get around indestructible or hexproof
- Black Market - for even more mana
- Scour from Existence - more non-creature removal, something black struggles with
- Solemn Simulacrum - really good ramp, especially when you have as much recursion as you do
- Kokusho, the Evening Star - another good target for killing and recurring and killing again.
- Hell's Caretaker - I'm not quite sure how the abilities/triggers stack, but I'm pretty sure you could sac something to this to bring something back and then bring back the sacrificed creature with Sheoldred all in the same upkeep.
Cards I'd remove:
- Annihilate - for 5 mana, yeah it can't be regenerated and yeah you get to draw a card, but gosh that's expensive. Is regeneration enough of a problem in your meta that Doom Blade doesn't suffice?
- Commander's Sphere - sure it draws a card but a mono-colored deck doesn't really need 'mana of any color'. There's surely other rocks that are better. Hedron Archive comes to mind.
- Leyline of the Void - seems extremely counterproductive to what your deck and your commander want to do
1 year ago
Suggestions for your mana base:
Bad Moon, Eternal Thirst, and Lashwrithe are fine cards but your creatures are already so huge, I don't think you need them. I would just add more ramp instead: Ashnod's Altar (also serves as a sacrifice outlet), Caged Sun, and Expedition Map (to find Cabal Coffers).
Suggestions for draw and card advantage:
It seems like a great win condition is the interaction between your Commander and Maralen of the Mornsong so I recommend more tutor and dark spells to get the combo out. Maybe switch out: Cremate, Sanguine Bond, Unholy Hunger, Abyssal Persecutor, Visions of Brutality, and Vile Requiem for Night's Whisper, Dark Petition, Behold the Beyond, Ambition's Cost, Beseech the Queen and Viscera Seer.
Suggestions for removal spells:
Several of your removal spells cost alot of mana. To the Slaughter, Reach of Shadows, In Garruk's Wake, Dregs of Sorrow, and Annihilate could be replaced with Diabolic Edict, Hero's Downfall, Killing Wave, Malicious Affliction, and Grave Pact.
1 year ago
You're currently looking incredibly short on lands. As a rule of thumb, most EDH decks want around 37-40, depending on how much land or artifact ramp they run.
Sidisi really likes a reanimation/sac-control theme to augment her self-mill ability. Cards like Corpse Dance, Animate Dead, Necromancy, and their ilk will let you better access creatures you've milled away, and things like Ashnod's Altar, Altar of Dementia, and Carrion Feeder let your Zombies (and other things) become different kinds of value. Grave Pact effects then make those sacrifices hurt.
Some of your inclusions don't really seem to fit the angle you're working at, like Fog Bank and Fog, both of which are more at home in pillow-fort/combo builds, or Annihilate, which is way overcosted for spot removal. On the other hand, may I introduce you to your new best friend, Laboratory Maniac?
Broadly speaking, this is a great shell to work within for one of your first builds, and it seems like you have a solid grasp on the direction you're headed. Good luck!