Land — Gate
Dimir Guildgate enters the battlefield tapped.
: Gain or .
Printings View all
|Zendikar Rising: Commander (ZNC)||Common|
|Guilds of Ravnica (GRN)||Common|
|Commander 2018 (C18)||Common|
|Modern Masters 2017 Edition (MM3)||Common|
|Commander 2013 (C13)||Common|
|Dragon's Maze (DGM)||Common|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Dimir Guildgate Discussion
6 days ago
6 days ago
1 month ago
also I would do some small mana fixing that is cheap like:
1 month ago
Hey, nice budget upgrades to the precon: Sea-Dasher, Reconnaissance, Brokkos, and Triome.
Elusive Tormentor Flip and Troll Ascetic are two budget creatures who you want to mutate with Otrimi. Tormentor for Insidious Mist when mutated with Otrimi makes a 6/6 hexproof, indestructible, unblockable, trample Beast. Discard a creature with mutate to flip Tormentor and recur that creature with Otrimi. The combination of hexproof and regenerate of Ascetic is powerful with mutate.
Hexproof is key and it's wanted because it protects the creature you're mutating to from targeted removal before it mutates and then after it protects the mutate pile so you can safely mutate again. Swiftfoot Boots can equip to any creature you control giving it hexproof.
( > = could replace)
- Elusive Tormentor Flip > Vorapede.
- Troll Ascetic > Vastwood Hydra.
- Swiftfoot Boots > Phantom Warrior.
The manabase of the precon is not good and you haven't changed it much. The color fixing is not good enough to be able to consistently cast Otrimi. Needing three different colors and having 11x basic Forests is going to be problematic without more color fixing.
On a budget, a manabase change to consider is to add the Bounce lands: Simic Growth Chamber, Dimir Aqueduct, Golgari Rot Farm in place of other lands that ETB tapped. With Bounce lands have to return a land you control to your hand (bounce) and they interact well with a basic land to bounce. They help with color fixing since you tap them for two different colors of mana.
- Dimir Aqueduct > Dimir Guildgate.
- Golgari Rot Farm > Golgari Guildgate.
- Simic Growth Chamber > Temple of Mystery.
- Yavimaya Coast > Thornwood Falls.
- Ash Barrens > Temple of the False God.
- Evolving Wilds > Soaring Seacliff.
- Could cut 2x Forest, add 2x more Island.
More Signets can help with faster ramp and color fixing. Arcane Signet is great, but there's three other budget Signets to consider adding: Simic Signet, Golgari Signet and Dimir Signet (Ravnica version). A Signet is helpful since any basic Forest or any other land can be used to make two different colors of mana.
Shared Summons is a budget instant creature tutor that can put any two creatures into your hand. Jarad's Orders is another creature tutor that puts a creature into your hand and any other creature into your graveyard such as one with mutate to recur with Otrimi. Primal Empathy can be repeatable draw source or repeatable source to make Otrimi bigger. Season of Growth can be another repeatable draw source, any time you cast a creature for it's mutate cost targeting a creature to mutate.
- Shared Summons > Illusory Ambusher.
- Jarad's Orders > Cavern Whisperer.
- Primal Empathy > Mysterious Egg.
- Season of Growth > Mind Spring.
Good luck with your deck.
1 month ago
1 month ago
- cut Doomed Dissenter since it can't be recast with your commander, and there are plenty of 2/2 zombies for 2 which can
- cut Festering Mummy because in commander, most creatures will not die with a couple of -1/-1 counters. Consider keeping it if your opponents play lots of mana dorks such as Llanowar Elves
- cut Ghoulraiser, your commander casts a zombie of your choice from the graveyard anyway
- cut Liliana's Steward, targeted discard is bad in commander. You and the targeted opponent lose a card, but your other two opponents don't.
- cut Increasing Ambition, it simply costs too much mana for the effect in my opinion
- cut Sealed Fate, it's pretty bad unless your opponent just used a Worldly Tutor or something
- cut Shamble Back, you don't want to exile your own creatures, and it's a pretty poor form of graveyard hate.
- cut Remove Soul, if you're paying 2 mana for a counterspell, you want it to hit more than just creatures
- cut Spell Snuff, 3 mana counterspells are too expensive
- cut Vile Rebirth for the same reason as Shamble Back
- cut Manalith and Nyx Lotus. When you're in 2 colours, you generally don't want to pay more than 2 mana to ramp. Plus if you ramp on turn 2, you'll have 4 mana on turn 3, allowing you to cast your commander early
- cut Telepathy, it's not worth using a card to see your opponents hand unless you're playing something specific like maybe Sen Triplets.
- For semi-budget 2-colour deck, your mana base looks pretty good. I would just cut Skyline Cascade, having it come in tapped isn't worth it for it's effect in commander. You can probably just play a basic island in its place.
If you want to upgrade your mana base, avoid lands that come in tapped like Dimir Guildgate. A few suggestions would be Command Tower, Choked Estuary, Darkwater Catacombs, Drowned Catacomb, Tainted Isle, Underground River, Watery Grave.
I hope that was helpful! Here's a link to my The Scarab God commander deck which has a pretty similar zombie tribal theme to what you have. Take a look through it and maybe you'll find more cards that I forgot to mention. If you have any questions don't be afraid to ask!
1 month ago
Voici quelques changements ''budget'' que tu pourrais faire pour optimiser ton deck.
Carte à enlever
Carte à ajouter