|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Khans of Tarkir (KTK)||Mythic Rare|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Shapeshifter
You may have Clever Impersonator enter the battlefield as a copy of any nonland permanent on the battlefield.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (32)||NOGzFTW , acbooster , Antiat , Crimson6 , KipIsKosher , DarkMagician , mentor6 , Dawnsly , Snydog17 , rebelteddybear , ironax , Justinaut , JAT0 , bakunet , NobleSlay3r , DrLitebur , kpral , CastleSiege , jtaddeo , snackeater , gildan_bladeborn , angesoir , mziter501 , awalloftext , CampbellStev , MoJoMiXuP , philktoken8998 , Azdranax , MattN7498 , Forkbeard , , jstn.mrrtt|
|Want (9)||Pocketmouse , xpsychovampx , BlueMageBrandon , Jose_Arrogantio , Willis1994 , pskinn01 , gamerhat , Mj3913 , Bezter|
Clever Impersonator Discussion
2 days ago
Still playing around with the Clever Impersonator slot.
If I can hunt down a promo Bribery it will 100% take the spot. But until then experimenting.
Added mikokoro and got my hands on a foil evacuation though
on Oloro Stuff
3 days ago
- Chalice of Life Flip: Isn't the worst card in Oloro, but isn't all that reliable either.
- Darksteel Plate: I've seen you play this card a bunch of times, and most of the time it just sits there, all menacingly. Problem is - your deck doesn't plan to use creatures often, so the plate also won't be used either.
- Dreamstone Hedron: Ramp is great, but expensive ones that produce colorless mana can be iffy since they're often easy targets right after you play them. Gilded Lotus can at least let you cast counterspells after you tap all your lands to play it.
- Orzhov Keyrune: This one is just personal preference from me. I don't like 3 mana artifact ramp most of the time. (Chromatic Lantern and Darksteel Ingot are much better) It's up to you if you wanna take it out or not.
- Sun Droplet: This card is very slow and you could easily replace it with something better.
- Subversion: It may seem like a decent drain effect, but it's not that great since it's 5 mana and makes you wait til your next upkeep before it does anything.
- Thought Reflection: Decent card, but 7 mana is pretty costly. Up to you if you wanna keep it.
- Celestial Force: It's nice to instantly gain life each upkeep, but 8 mana for basically just a vanilla creature otherwise isn't really good.
- Pontiff of Blight: Extort is nice for your deck, but your deck doesn't have many creatures to take advantage of the pontiff. Up to you if you wanna keep this guy if you wanna add more creatures.
- Skirge Familiar: I think this card would be a lot better if your deck was more combo focused.
- Azorius Chancery: These types of lands will flat out screw you over if they get destroyed or Blood Mooned.
Cards you definitely should add (won't cost you a whole lot):
- Crested Sunmare: Easily synergizes with Oloro and provides very solid creatures for defensive/offensive plays.
- Aetherflux Reservoir: The win condition you've been looking for. It's a pretty funny card honestly, but works very well with Oloro once you get him going.
- Alhammarret's Archive: Simply synergizes well with Oloro.
- Felidar Sovereign: Not sure how the others would feel about alternative win conditions, but if everyone' okay with it, this guy can most likely win you some games.
- Karlov of the Ghost Council: An awesome card. Can help control the board or becomes a big body to swing with.
- Delay, Counterspell, Swan Song, Negate: Good, cheap counterspells you should at least be running.
- Sphinx's Revelation: Put that ramping to good use.
- Anguished Unmaking, Cyclonic Rift: Must-have control instants.
- Supreme Verdict, Merciless Eviction, Fumigate: Excellent board wipes to go with Oloro.
- Clever Impersonator: This guy's incredibly flexible and can be useful in just about any situation.
- Mana Confluence: Almost exactly another copy of City of Brass.
- Temple of Enlightenment, Temple of Silence, Temple of Deceit: These will make your mana base a tad bit more consistent while helping you a bit with your next draw as well.
- Diabolic Tutor/Dark Petition/more tutors: Your deck would be more consistent if it had more tutors.
- Brainstorm: Generally a good blue card to manipulate your deck/hand a bit at an instant.
Suggestions (Some are costly, but very worth it for Oloro):
- Grave Titan: Just a powerhouse in general. Just like Crested Sunmare, Grave Titan will give you excellent battlefield presence.
- Whip of Erebos: If you do add more creatures like Grave Titan, this card can be very good for your life gain strategy.
- Sun Titan: One of my favorites. Can grab back some useful stuff, even land.
- Soul Warden, Soul's Attendant, Suture Priest, Auriok Champion: The soul sisters. You shouldn't include all of them at once though. Just keep them in mind since they're good against creature-heavy decks.
- Consecrated Sphinx: Costly, but worth.
- Kambal, Consul of Allocation: Punishes spell-slinging decks, and generally nice if he sticks around.
- Ayli, Eternal Pilgrim: She can be good if you can keep your life total high enough.
- Sanguine Sacrament: Pretty nice for the deck's game plan at instant speed.
- Demonic Tutor: Arguably the best tutor you can find, but the price tag will probably turn you away. But... Greatness, at any cost.. Right?
- Enlightened Tutor, Mystical Tutor, Vampiric Tutor: Excellent tutors, but expensive (although Mystical Tutor is only around $5; not a whole lot compared to Vampiric Tutor).- Austere Command: Another one of my favorites. Very flexible, and doesn't cost a whole lot either.
- Torment of Hailfire: This card will probably make everyone hate you, but it's a fantastic card nonetheless.
- Leyline of Anticipation: One of the best blue enchantments in my opinion. Allows you to intimidate everyone just by playing a land on your turn.
- Crawlspace: Good against creature-heavy decks.
- Talisman of Dominance, Talisman of Progress, Fellwar Stone: Some decent and cheap mana rocks if you want more ramp.
- Decree of Pain: A good tempo swing in your favor if there are a ton of creatures in play. Kinda costly to play though.
- Hallowed Fountain, Godless Shrine, Watery Grave: Shock lands. Excellent at increasing consistency with mana bases. They're even better with the Fetch lands. All of these lands are very costly though.
- Flooded Plains, Marsh Flats, Polluted Delta: Example Fetch lands you could use.
- Ponder, Preordain: Cheap cantrips for a little more consistency.
- Maze of Ith, Kor Haven: Decent control lands.
- Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth, Cabal Coffers: Generates a ton of mana if you get them together.
- Expedition Map: Can help getting the above lands or any land you need.
- Crypt Ghast: Synergizes very well with Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth, but is overall decent for your deck.
That's all I can think of for now. I can post more for you if I think of anything else.
4 days ago
1 week ago
max hand size
gy to lib
1 week ago
// Mishra EDH
// 52 Maindeck// 9 Artifact
// 11 Creature
// 6 Enchantment
// 5 Instant
// 1 Land
// 6 Planeswalker
// 14 Sorcery
// 2 Sideboard// 1 Artifact
// 1 Creature
SB: Tavern Swindler
So I am attempting to build a coin flip edh deck and would love some help. I chose Mishra because I am Possibility Storm's #! fan. I also like the colors R/B/U for this theme. Black can help get my pieces in hand. Anyways the win con idea here had to be original becuase Im a Jimmy player, and casual so no infinite's or anything we have all seen before a million times. The win con so far is Mirror Gallery+Krark's Thumb+Phyrexian Metamorph/Clever Impersonator/etc+Game of Chaos. With Mirror Gallery out I can get two Krark's Thumbs from anything similar to Phyrexian Metamorph. This way when I play Game of Chaos I can flip 4 coins and basically ignore three and choose one each time. This makes my chances 15/16 times I win the flip. Doing the math, Game of Chaos can kill anyone by 6-7 winning flips. As you can see this deck is screwy but that's the point. It's a coin flip deck, and that means there has to be a sense of risk and reward. I welcome all ideas and criticism, so I urge you to just drop down any idea that comes to your mind.
Upon further tinkering I have added more ways to get multiple Krark's Thumbs by using Daretti, Ingenious Iconoclast and/or Saheeli Rai. They can produce more than 2 thumbs possibly and Krark's Thumb is exponential basically with each duplicate. With 2 thumbs when I flip I coin, instead flip four and choose one. So if I have 3 or 4 or (god so help me 5) thumbs what are my odds now and how can this affect my deck? Well I'll show you a couple things in a bit.
Krark's Thumb(s) Growth Data
Thumbs and possible outcomes
0: H v T
1: HT v HH v TH v TT
2: HHHH v HHHT v HHTH v HHTT v HTTT v HTHH v HTHT v HTTH v TTTT v TTTH v TTHH v THHH v THHT v THTH v TTHT v THTT
3: 8 flips and it makes 256 outcomes trust me for now...
BY NOW I hope you see how Krark's unholy thumb is exponential and so a simple way to think about the thumb and how many flips I get is 2 to the power 0 plus X which is equal to the number of thumbs so:
F=2*(0+X) (note: tappedout wont show the normal smybol used for exponent placement so I replaced it with an asterisk please dont get confused and call me dumb)
So if I have no thumbs I only get one flip and if I have 6 thumbs I get 64 flipping flips! Also the number of possibilities is the number of previous possibilities squared. In the example above it shows:
0 thumbs = 1 flips = 2 probabilities
1 thumbs = 2 flips = 4 probabilities
2 thumbs = 4 flips = 16 probabilities
3 thumbs = 8 flips = 256 probabilities
4 thumbs = 16 flips = 65536 probabilities
5 thumbs = 32 flips = 4294967296 probabilities
Having all these thumbs can be used to do possibly the most damage from a nonX spell with Game of Chaos(up to um millions, billions, possibly trillions? I'll do the math in a bit) or with Impulsive Maneuvers no one can damage you and they deal double to each other or you deal double damage to them.
So Game of Chaos doesn't end until a player chooses to end it and not flip again doubling the stakes. This means that the target player and I can have negative life totals and keep on doubling the stakes giving me a possible chance to have an insane amount of life.
UPDATE 2/9/18 - Updated list and would really like suggestions to make the deck's strategy viable. Please overview the list of possible cards and give input into what you think might be optimal or honestly whatever comes to your mind just say it!
2 weeks ago
AlwaysSleepy for my deck there are a few things I have questions about.
For right now Candelabra of Tawnos, Timetwister, Underground Sea, Imperial Seal, Grim Tutor, Lion's Eye Diamond, and Transmute Artifact are out of my budget. (I am currently unemployed but will make the changes to the deck as I can).
I do think the lower cmc, storming route is faster and more consistent than what I am currently playing. Cuts that I think are quite obvious are Dig Through Time, Kozilek, Butcher of Truth, Pili-Pala, Grand Architect, and probably Tezzeret, Agent of Bolas, Gilded Drake, Clever Impersonator, Spellskite, Damnation, and Trophy Mage if I cut the Basalt Monolith + Rings of Brighthearth combo as well.
I have read your opinion on the combo as you think it is not necessary and I'm finding with 5 possible methods for infinite the deck is kind of cluttered.
I have been trying to make changes and will be putting Dark Ritual, Cabal Ritual, and Lotus Petal back in, I also really like how you have Dark Petition and I think I will definitely be adding it to my list since I don't have the other tutors. How do you also feel about Diabolic Tutor in my list since I have budget restraints?
Also , I am curious what is your opinion on Mishra's Bauble? Do you think it would find a place in our decks? Or is it a bad cEDH card for deck thinning and cantrip draw?
I would absolutely love to have a chat with you on discord or some type of voice communication to talk about your deck and the playstyle too since quite honestly I was trying to avoid storm at the beginning of my career as I thought it was too intense and that I would not understand it.
2 weeks ago
The first card that comes to mind is Yahenni, Undying Partisan; it's a step toward the speed problem and not enough fatty problem, and fits the sac theme if you decide that. Sometimes to speed up your game, you have to slow down your opponent with Frozen AEther, Urabrask the Hidden, Baral's Expertise (which speeds you up as well), Vandalblast, Static Orb, etc. Beside that, there's ramp and sneaking in cards to really speed up your game. Consider Sneak Attack or Quicksilver Amulet, Deathrender or Clone Shell; also consider rocks like Commander's Sphere, Dreamstone Hedron, Hedron Archive, Heartstone/ Carnival of Souls for unearth, Semblance Anvil and Nightscape Familiar. There's also cards that help your opponent as well, but if you've more value it could work: Mana Flare, Dream Halls, Braids, Conjurer Adept.
Situations where you're in a stahlwart, loosing, and have huge problems, are different from situation where you're at parity and have equal footing. At parity, card advantage and evasion rule. Chariot of Victory and Haunted Cloak, Archetype of Endurance/ Archetype of Aggression/ Filth/ Wonder/ Brawn, Hot Soup/ Deepfathom Skulker/ Whispersilk Cloak, maybe Trailblazer's Boots or Prowler's Helm, all of these can help close a game. This deck needs much more draw, especially with some discard outlets you have. Cards like Arcanis/ Humble Defector (good unearth target), Skullclamp, The Immortal Sun, Harvester of Souls, Phyrexian Arena, Divination/ Faithless Looting/ Concentrate, Chandra, Flamecaller, Open Into Wonder. If you're loosing, usually board wipes are the best answer. Black Sun's Zenith, Toxic Deluge, Archfiend of Depravity, Perilous Vault/ Worldfire, All Is Dust, all for dealing with indestructible. You could also add some fatties or deathtouchers like Taurean Mauler, Consuming Aberration, Scourge of Geier Reach, Nighthowler, Ophiomancer, Ogre Slumlord.
It's rather hard to suggest versatile cards without answering direct metas, do you have any specific cards or strategies giving you trouble right now?
For general versatility, there's Rakdos Charm/ Rampaging Ferocidon, Gravepurge/ Footbottom Feast to protect your graveyard, which is rather important in this deck, Thief of Blood/ Vampire Hexmage for atraxa/ planeswalkers. For a combo heavy meta, there's Time Stop/ Summary Dismissal, Torpor Orb/ Kalitas, Traitor of Ghet, Praetor's Grasp/ Sadistic Sacrament to extract combo pieces. Stranglehold, Defense Grid/ Wild Ricochet (which is a counterspell) for control decks. Clever Impersonator or Phyrexian Metamorph adds a bunch of versatility, maybe some tutors to directly answer something.
For this deck, I would reinforce your themes of mill, reanimation, and draw, and probably add more ramp and board wipes. I personally like ETB/ death triggers over big 'uns and tokens, so that's going to heavily influence my opinion. If you were to go wide, you could add threaten effects and Faerie Artisans to sac them, you could add Genesis Chamber/ Grave Titan/ Wurmcoil Engines/ Spawning Pit for tokens, Dragon Throne of Tarkir for combat tricks. Also, to make the deck stronger, I could point out some of the weaker cards. Like Worn Powerstone, I'd rather add Hedron Archive or Dreamstone Hedron; Star Compass is OK, but I wanted to point it out because it doesn't fix your colors, I'd suggest Realmwright to unearth/ Fellwar Stone; Spell Pierce is not too good in my opinion as is way too easy to pay, I'd rather have Mental Misstep/ Foil; Death's Approach can be replaced with Snuff Out, Sudden Death, Sickening Shoal with all the big creatures you have. You made a lot of good picks though, like Teferi's Veil, Flayer of the Hatebound, Stitch Together, etc., those are rather strong in my opinion.
If I had the commanders or strategies you're facing I think I could answer better, but I hope this helps you take step towards a stronger deck! I'm always here
2 weeks ago
@smashadams83: Thanks for the comment! I really enjoyed building this deck and writing the primer.
Vizier of Many Faces is a card I've strongly considered. I love the fact that you can pitch it in a FoF pile and then get value from the graveyard. Ultimately, I decided to go with Phyrexian Metamorph and Clever Impersonator instead because they are much more flexible and sometimes you just want to copy an opponents Sol Ring or Aura Shards or something. I think these two clone effects are the best for MY deck but Vizier would definitely be my next choice if I were to include a third. I'm not as big of an Identity Thief fan. I feel like Conjurer's Closet is a more reliable way to get repeatable sphinx ETBs and I'm not even running that.
I like the graveyard shuffle tech you use as well. If I ever decide to pull the Eldrazi from this list I'll definitely run Elexir and probably Commit//Memory as well.
As far as the anti draw cards, I'm so/so. I think they are a really interesting direction to take the deck but I really don't like two things about them: 1) They have no impact on the board and are terrible cards to play when behind, and 2) They shut down some of my most powerful draw in Consecrated Sphinx and Blue Sun's Zenith (which I recently added to the deck). That said, I've never actually run those spells in my list. If they have worked well for you I'd love to hear about it.
I'll check out your list as soon as I have the time!