|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Khans of Tarkir (KTK)||Mythic Rare|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Shapeshifter
You may have Clever Impersonator enter the battlefield as a copy of any nonland permanent on the battlefield.
|Have (5)||DrLitebur , Forkbeard , awalloftext , , Zyrook|
|Want (13)||Aaryanna , Aragon_Neotrix , Bobawise , gigimaci , Tomagotchi , dissonant_one , DemonGrandma666 , SpudTheZero , gosora , Tectonix26 , SovietEagle , derpyplatypus , brokendwarf|
Clever Impersonator Discussion
3 hours ago
I'm trying to create infinite mana with Muldrotha, the Gravetide + Ashnod's Altar + Thousand-Year Elixir / Lightning Greaves + Liliana, Heretical Healer Flip + Selvala, Heart of the Wilds / Krosan Restorer ( + Animate Dead / Necromancy and Clever Impersonator / Phyrexian Metamorph / Evil Twin in the graveyard)
How it works: Activate Selvala/Restorer's mana ability with the help of Greaves/Elixir, activate Altar targeting Selvala/Restorer (which causes Liliana to flip), activate Liliana targeting Selvala/Restorer, cast Animate/Necromancy targeting Impersonator/Metamorph (targeting Muldrotha, then keep the cloned Muldrotha), cast Liliana with Muldrotha, cast Animate/Necromancy with Muldrotha (targeting Muldrotha, keeping the real Muldrotha), repeat.
Does this work?
1 week ago
NV_1980 Thanks for some of the advice. I just recently bought a box of BB and i'm hoping to open one of those sweet Doubling Season I love the Biovisionary Cheese wins that I'm able to pull out of no where, and even when it doesn't work. Coping a random spell/creature 4-15ish times will generally put you in a considerable lead. Both Clever Impersonator & Deadeye Navigator have been on my buy list. Bloom Tender would be great but definitely out of budget at the moment.
1 week ago
Great looking deck! We had never heard of Biovisionary before; what a nasty card that can be in a deck like this :)
We have been greatly enjoying a Riku deck of our own (still needs to be posted on tappedout), and here are some of the cards that have been instrumental to its success:
- Bloom Tender ; bit of an expensive card, but such an incredible mana dork. Even more so when you can copy it with Riku or another copy/clone spell.
- Clever Impersonator ; this card can be insanely insane for many reasons in this deck. Think about this: have it enter the BF as a copy of Primal Vigor (or Doubling Season ) and then activate Riku to create a token of it, allowing you to put down another PV (or DS).
- Deadeye Navigator ; this card is just so good with Riku on the field. Keep making tokens of your favourite creature (aside from profiting from whatever ETB effects this creature might provide).
Hope this helps you. Have great fun tweaking and playing this!
Mrs and Mr NV_1980
2 weeks ago
That is if you decide to follow with Marchesa as commander. If you go the route of Beckett Brass, I think you then need some things like Nemesis Mask , Demoralize , Panic Attack , Outmaneuver ... things that help your creatures become harder to block. Also, more shapeshifters could be a good thing (i.e. Dack's Duplicate , Protean Raider , Clever Impersonator etc.).
Also, because a good amount of pirates create treasures and so do some other flavorful Ixalan sorceries, instants, artifacts... it probably would save you some slots to not run things like Chromatic Lantern since treasures are technically mana fixers.
Hope that helps! Feel free to ask for more input. I love the Ixalan-Pirates theme.
3 weeks ago
Ok well first things first you need to look at what your commander wants from you. Roon has the ability to manipulate creatures on the battlefield: whether they're your own or an opponent. He can blink opponents creatures from combat if there is one that's causing you grief, blink a big defender in the way of one of your attacks, and (most importantly) he can blink your own creatures and cause their ETB effects to trigger. So we'll need creatures that can:
1) Ramp 2) Control the Battlefield 3) Generate some Card Advantage/Utility/Tutor 4) Enable Aggro
Now of course given Roon's colors there is lots of room to pop in some great non-creature spells as well. We're looking for anything that can grab us whatever we need from our creature toolbox, manipulate the field to our advantage, and of course some effective removal as well.
So for ramp I'm thinking:
For Battlefield control:
- Acidic Slime - Angel of Serenity - Bane of Progress - Duplicant - Knight of Autumn - Reclamation Sage - Terastodon - Venser, Shaper Savant - Austere Command - Supreme Verdict - Cyclonic Rift - Eerie Interlude - Aura Shards
- Ephara, God of the Polis - Eternal Witness - Karmic Guide - Mulldrifter - Prime Speaker Zegana - Recruiter of the Guard - Reveillark - Seedborn Muse - Sun Titan - Woodland Bellower - Eldritch Evolution - Green Sun's Zenith - Tooth and Nail - Wargate - Chord of Calling - Eladamri's Call - Birthing Pod - Garruk, Caller of Beasts - Venser, the Sojourner
And those are just to name a few cards. Of course you have access to a lot of ETB copy stuff like Clever Impersonator that turn into whatever you want it to turn into when you blink it in; they can really turn the tide in your favor. I did up a proto-type deck here: Roon Proto-Type. Give it a test run and let me know what you think about it.
1 month ago
There are a few ways.
Clever Impersonator or Followed Footsteps can copy Herald and amplify his land-stealing effect even more. Followed Footsteps can amplify it even more with additional copies of Herald over time or with additional upkeeps from Paradox
Anything that affects card-draw easily affects the chances of drawing Herald, and there are quite a few cards that do that in the deck.
1 month ago
Eyy! Der opprettet fyren Roon-lista si! Her har du en shit ton med danke forslag! B-)
1 month ago
Hi TrickySilent, thanks for your upvote. I took out Sakashima's Student and put in Clever Impersonator for it. The Clever Impersonator feels better in this deck because he can copy not only creatures, but any nonland permanent. I rarely used the Ninjutsu ability from Sakashima's Student and the mana cost for hardcasting Clever Impersonator are the same to as for the student.
Clever Impersonator occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.05%