|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Magic Origins (ORI)||Common|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Faerie Rogue
Flying (This creature can't be blocked except by creatures with flying or reach.)
When Faerie Miscreant enters the battlefield, if you control another creature named Faerie Miscreant, draw a card.
Faerie Miscreant Discussion
1 week ago
2 weeks ago
Modern Horizons - 8th June 2019
I just picked up some cards from Modern Horizons, which has given some nice upgrades. I've replaced Faerie Miscreant with Faerie Seer , which is going to be more than just a 1/1 flier more often than miscreant was. String of Disappearances replaces Vapor Snag , though I'm not sure if it's actually better. The upside is the ability to bounce your own creature as well as one of theirs for UUU. I've replaced an Island with Waterlogged Grove . As for the sideboard, I've replaced Unwind with Force of Negation .
Note: TappedOut seems to have deprecated updates without offering an alternative, so I am commenting here instead.
2 weeks ago
I love it! Faerie Miscreant + ninjutsu is amazing I never thought about it.
2 months ago
Thanks a bunch for the solid suggestion and +1, TheRoaringRegisaur! I'm considering Chart a Course . I will point out that there is some draw card built into the deck with Faerie Miscreant (which can even recur with Immortal Servitude !) and pseudo draw card with Squadron Hawks. The Squadron is very powerful here, keeping at least one new creature hitting the battlefield for up to three more turns. There's also Dovin, Grand Arbiter 's ultimate, which isn't particularly difficult to achieve.
3 months ago
Hey, saw your forum topic asking for help.
Consider expanding on the strategy of little creatures with evasion especially flying and adding extra turn spells? All my card suggestions will be budget ($5 or less each).
Cards to consider adding:
- Yavimaya Coast : ETB (enters the battlefield) untapped to make blue or green mana, great with so many one drop creatures.
- Botanical Sanctum ETB untapped turn one to turn three to make blue or green mana.
- Tetsuko Umezawa, Fugitive : makes all your creatures with 1 power or toughness unblockable.
- Hope of Ghirapur
- Artificer's Assistant
- Cloud of Faeries : untap two lands is great with lots of one drop creatures.
- Scryb Sprites
- Zephyr Sprite
- Faerie Miscreant
- Mausoleum Wanderer
- Looter il-Kor
- Llanowar Elves : mana dorks are nice for ramp and can become unblockable with Tetsuko.
- Elvish Mystic
- Eternal Witness : recur any card from your graveyard.
- Beast Whisperer : more good repeatable draw when casting so many little creatures.
- Skullclamp : most creatures here have 1 toughness making Clamp great backup draw.
- Unified Will
- Regrowth : recur any card from your graveyard.
- Karn's Temporal Sundering : works well when Edric is on the battlefield.
- Walk the Aeons : most expensive price card I'm suggesting, but the buyback is very helpful. It's not exiled after cast, it can be recurred.
- Part the Waterveil
Can add all these cards for about $30.
Cards to consider cutting:
- 4x Island
- 3x Forest
- Archetype of Imagination
- Jhessian Infiltrator
- Skyrider Patrol
- Tishana, Voice of Thunder
- Counsel of the Soratami
- Desert Twister
- Explosive Vegetation
- Venser's Journal
- Curious Obsession
- Curse of Verbosity
- Gaea's Anthem
- Kodama's Reach
40 lands is a lot of lands when playing so many one drops. Most of these possible cuts are draw spells. These spells are fine, but I don't think you need all of them because you have Edric. They can be replaced with more low CMC creatures to make Edric better. I also think extra turn spells give you more than these draw spells as well as other high CMC cards. Having an extra turn to attack thus draw again is very good with the strategy of attacking and drawing with Edric.
Good luck with your deck.
4 months ago
The list overall feels weak. In order to make it, you are eschewing what makes a Delve(r) deck in Modern good, while also being unable to include what makes the same deck good in Pauper. So, it ends up not being made for any format.
You are more likely to have success with a UR build. You can leverage the 8 faerie package of Faerie Miscreant and Spellstutter Sprite , while also including burn options, including the new Skewer the Critics since flying fae enable it easily. You have the same options, but there are many powerful commons in red. Heck, if you have the money for it, you can even run Skred and snow basics too.
Faerie Miscreant occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.0%