|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Aether Revolt (AER)||Uncommon|
|Masterpiece Series: Kaladesh Inventions (MPS)||Mythic Rare|
|Magic 2015 (M15)||Common|
|2011 Core Set (M11)||Uncommon|
|2010 Core Set (M10)||Uncommon|
|Tenth Edition (10E)||Uncommon|
|Ninth Edition (9ED)||Uncommon|
|Ninth Edition Foreign Black Border (9EDFBB)||Uncommon|
|Classic Sixth Edition (6ED)||Uncommon|
|Fifth Edition (5ED)||Uncommon|
|Fourth Edition (4ED)||Uncommon|
|4th Edition Foreign Black Border (4EDFBB)||Uncommon|
|Revised Edition (3ED)||Uncommon|
|Revised Foreign Black Border (3EDFBB)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
- will thorn of amethyst increase the cost of an artifact/creature card?
- Bouncing Yisan
- If I enchant an artifact land (i.e. darksteel citadel) with ensoul artifact could I copy the creature it creates with fated infatuation?
- Destroying a creature after it's been targeted by equipment?
- Ensoul Artifact with thopta
Artifact Creature — Thopter
Flying (This creature can't be blocked except by creatures with flying or reach)
|Have (8)||anonymausguy , mlouden03 , awalloftext , mymanpotsandpans , Kvothe1115 , mentor6 , MrCrazzyc , ironax|
|Want (44)||joshw335 , athix , coadster , Liquicitizen , Flame213 , snoopywashere , Tomasaa , CryAll , mgoodwi5 , Fullmetalmage , Commonomicon , MasterRoach117 , mtgtim , Chabert , itskevinmiller , bryanmochi , SupremeRNB , eleventhend , Korevana , zephyrmoth , dontjudgemyusername , XVicarious , colorfulsnailboy , Xz0mb13x91 , Vukodlak , obitus , kovellen , jkdhfgui , MstrbtnManatee , guimuave , chucklebot , Skydra2 , Schwiggity , Cunningcrow , Animale , jbriedis , Elphane , zomburs , tristanishappy , Dragonsound , THP88 , klokwurk , dtfer , kungfurabbi|
Latest as Commander
1 week ago
I like this ping ping thing you have here.
I agree with Traumitz that Great Furnace and Vault of Whispers would be great additions to this deck. With those additions, you could consider replacing some Renegade Map and Traveler's Amulet with Expedition Map in order to grab the artifact lands.
Given that your mana curve is so low, I wonder if you need so much land fetching. Consider more draw. I like Costly Plunder , maybe even more than I like Sign in Blood here. If your lands were artifacts and you had too many, you could sacrifice them to Costly Plunder for value$$.
For three mana you could include protection in the form of Herbal Poultice . It fits the theme, protects and triggers but the mana cost is steep.
Ornithopter seems out of place in this deck unless you NEED a zero mana creature or a powerless flying blocker. If you can push it to one mana you could get a lot more value out of Myr Servitor and sac outlets such is Costly Plunder or ¿ Ashnod's Altar ?
You really have me geeking on this deck...
1 week ago
So currently there is a lot of interest in pod-cEDH. I spent a few weekends brewing & quickly grew tired of trying to calculate which 1-drop creature I could use to polish off a 5+ card flash-hulk chain. I had a slew of ideas and many attempts to find the right line & then I quit.
I like complex lines & unique styles of play that aren't 'punch with tymna&dorks, Draw a win' (even though it's actually just stupidly strong). Vannifar is unlike Gitrog - where usually every single card is worthwhile and has a place in the loop. In Vannifar currently a fifth of the deck is just dead cards. That's 1/5 cards sucking to draw, with only Brainstorm & Whirlpool Drake (by the way - this is a SPICY include - nice one) to fix that.
Autumn's Veil (though it protects on the combo turn - it's irrelevant for the rest of the game)
It's down to the Vannifar community (and that includes you now) to hunt for a way to make pod decent in cEDH, as I believe that there's a great combo out there in simic that can be achieved.
2 weeks ago
2 weeks ago
I recently got the idea to make a green black artifact deck that abuses dumb artifact stuff while also using Green and Black Decks best tactics.
The Game would go something like this (ideally): T1 Thoughtseize , Memnite or Ornithopter T2 Cryptolith Rite Then I'm sort of lost. How should I abuse free mana dorks to gain an even bigger edge over my opponent? How can I just fetch that Rite to up my consistency?
2 weeks ago
4 weeks ago
1 month ago
I would add: Burnished Hart Solemn Simulacrum Pilgrim's Eye Metalwork Colossus Hellkite Tyrant Tormod's Crypt Spellbook Fabricate Everflowing Chalice (its just better than sisays ring) Chaos Warp Reality Shift Inventors' Fair Telling Time (a personal favorite of mine) Jhoira's Familiar Ornithopter Swan Song Thaumatic Compass Flip
1 month ago
- Pod a 1-drop to Scryb Ranger, untap Prime Speaker Vannifar
- Pod Scryb Ranger to Trophy Mage fetching Thousand-Year Elixir, cast and untap
- Pod Trophy Mage to Fatestitcher, untap
- Pod Fatestitcher to Body Double copying Scryb Ranger, untap
- Pod Body Double (Scryb Ranger) to Spellseeker for Summoner's Pact
- Unearth Fatestitcher, untap Prime Speaker Vannifar
- Pod Spellseeker to Phyrexian Metamorph copying Fatestitcher, untap Prime Speaker Vannifar
- Pod Fatestitcher to Kuldotha Forgemaster
- Activate Kuldotha Forgemaster sacrificing Thousand-Year Elixir, Phyrexian Metamorph, and Kuldotha Forgemaster to get Paradox Engine
- Cast Summoner's Pact for Eternal Witness (untap with Paradox Engine)
- Cast Eternal Witness for Spellseeker
- Cast Spellseeker for Winds of Rebuke
- Cast Winds of Rebuke targeting Eternal Witness
- Cast Eternal Witness targeting Winds of Rebuke
- If anyone still has cards in their library go to step 13 otherwise win the game (or lose if someone is playing a reshuffling eldrazi)
Ornithopter occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.05%
U/R (Izzet): 0.06%
All decks: 0.44%
All decks: 0.08%