|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Masters 25 (A25)||Common|
|Vintage Masters (VMA)||Common|
Combos Browse all
You gain 6 life.
Cycling (, Discard this card: Draw a card.)
When you cycle Renewed Faith, you may gain 2 life.
Renewed Faith Discussion
5 days ago
I think Holy Light would be a great inclusion to the deck, as White has very few ways of dealing with masses of tokens efficiently. This card lets you do that without affecting your own smaller creatures.
You have Suture Priest twice in your list, under board control and Life Gain.
Survival Cache seems like a great card for your deck. You'll most likely be the player with the most life anyways, and this gives you two life gain triggers and will most likely draw you two cards.
Children of Korlis could be a good "Fog" effect for you.
Exile seems like a good fit for removal in your deck.
Seems a shame to pass up on Martyr of Sands . It only gets you one trigger, but it's still a lot of life, which is worth something.
Seraph of Dawn is an absolute beast in this format. the big butt means it survives a lot of removal and combat, and putting equipment on it is amazing.
Along the same lines, Student of Ojutai really dishes out the lifegain for you on a great body, especially considering how few creatures you're playing.
I feel like most of your lifelink creatures are not really worth playing. They're going to be easily blocked and killed in most situations and not net you much of an advantage. I'd say only the ones that gain your some sort of card advantage are really worth playing. I could be wrong about Healer's Hawk, though.
Lastly, you have plenty of ways to protect your commander, but I would just like to suggest Angelic Renewal . You can play this before your commander and not have to hold mana up all the time for it. Same goes for Benevolent Bodyguard . This lets you play a much tighter, more efficient game plan.
2 months ago
Sure. I'd use all of the cards you ordered besides Thalia's Lieutenant , which isn't great here since there aren't enough Humans in your deck to make good use of it and it's more suited for an aggro plan. You should have a playset of Inquisition, Lingering Souls , Martyr of Sands , Squadron Hawk , and 2 Day of Judgment in the main, with the other 2 Days of Judgment in the sideboard (assuming you got a playset of it). Cut 1 Dusk / Dawn , 2 Fumigate , 1 Ironwright's Cleansing , 3 Never / Return , 1 Decommission , 2 Gideon's Reproach , 1 Approach of the Second Sun , 1 Renewed Faith , 1 Restoration Gearsmith , 1 Aerial Responder , 2 Grasp of Darkness , 1 Authority of the Consuls , and 1 Murder to make room.
There are functional replacements for Path that you can use: Condemn and Oust . I'd replace the Fatal Push, Murder, and 2 Grasps of Darkness with a 2/2 split of those until you get Paths since you want as many white cards as possible for Martyr. You might also want to consider getting Thraben Inspector for some card draw, Ranger of Eos to get more Martyrs, and a couple Proclamation of Rebirth .
2 months ago
Already got some changes
2x Gilded Light
1x Scarab Feast
3 months ago
- I'm not really sure what an ideal alternate win condition is. I usually think of either planeswalkers or hard-to-get-rid-of creatures, but I feel like that's not really in flavor for the deck :) I trust you to come up with something thematic and appropriate. I mostly just wanted to raise awareness of the potential weakness.
- If you like cantripping lifegain, might I suggest Revitalize ? It doesn't have the option of being normally cast for 6 life, but if you're planning to cycle Renewed Faith more often than actually casting it, perhaps Revitalize suits your needs better.
- I think your points on Dawn Charm are fair. I don't have any great love for the card either, I just thought it was a possible alternative.
4 months ago
This is the coolest shell I've seen yet for Approach of the Second Sun . Thank you for sharing this.
Some potential improvements:
- If someone uses an extraction effect like Lost Legacy or Unmoored Ego on your Approach, you literally have no way to win the game. I would have one alternate win con in the sideboard. Conveniently, Mastermind's Acquisition permits you to directly tutor whatever's in your sideboard...
- You have a lot of fog effects to blank aggro, but control and combo tend to care less about those. I'd suggest maybe replacing a couple with Duress (or sideboard them, all depends on what you usually play against).
- If it's not out of budget range, I would suggest Timely Reinforcements . It's better than Renewed Faith as it usually gives you a bunch of chump blockers.
- Instead of Repel the Abominable , Dawn Charm could possibly work against burn. The second mode isn't really relevant for your deck, but the third mode directly counters a Bolt or similar (it also counters targeted discard effects, lol), and it still provides a fog effect in the first mode if that's what's needed.
7 months ago
Here might be some cards that can be helpful:
- Lightning Greaves
- Swiftfoot Boots
- Swords to Plowshares
- Path to Exile
- Dawn of Hope
- Enlightened Tutor
- Return to Dust
- Rebuff the Wicked
- Faith's Reward
- Authority of the Consuls
- Serra Ascendant
- Soul's Attendant
- Lapse of Certainty
- Scout's Warning
- Tragic Arrogance
- Blind Obedience
Cards suggested to cut:
- Ajani's Pridemate
- Anafenza, Kin-Tree Spirit
- Atalya, Samite Master
- Banisher Priest
- Gerrard Capashen
- Martyr of Sands
- Paladin of Atonement
- Sunscorch Regent
- Celestial Convergence
- Celestial Mantle
- Cradle of Vitality
- Nimbus Wings
- Ordeal of Heliod
- Angel's Mercy
- Divine Verdict
- Meditation Puzzle
- Renewed Faith
- Safe Passage
- Planar Cleansing
- Chalice of Life Flip
- Venser's Journal
The reasons the card listed above to cut is one of few reasons either they don't do much, better alternatives, or they don't further your game plan enough to make an impact. By meta I meant, the type of decks you are facing as your meta might be filled with more aggro players than if that's the case you might want to add in a Ghostly Prison for example, or if you are facing a lot of reanimation decks than adding in a Relic of Progenitus or Tormod's Crypt can be fairly helpful. Against control players than you might want to consider a lot Silence/Orim's Chant effects.
Aside from that, some non-budget friendly cards are the obvious Mana Crypt, Mana Vault, Teferi's Protection, or Vedalken Orrery. Winding Canyons can also be helpful to flash out Evra or your Felidar Sovereign to sneak in that win.
Hope that helps!
8 months ago
KaladeshKat Lifegain isnt weak when it has great cards that support it. Theres an entire deck in modern called Soul Sisters that specifically is based around gaining life and using cards the benefit it. On its own, just gaining life to gain life of course is worthless.
That being said, this deck does have some of the payoff cards for lifegain in it, but not enough to really justify using cards like Renewed Faith. If you really want to make lifegain a true part of this deck, it would probably need to be the direct strategy of the deck. Think Serra Ascendant and other cards like it. Right now the deck is in a weird spot - its got lifegain stuff, its got big angels, its got a mono-w prison theme - its just kind of all over the place. If you want to play mono-w prison, I recommend removing the lifegain and angels, and adding more removal and enchantments to fuel a wincon of Sigil of the Empty Throne. Think cards like Sphere of Safety, Runed Halo, Nevermore, etc.
I strongly recommend trying to go for one strategy and maximizing that strategy than trying to fit multiple strategies into one deck. I do like the idea though.
8 months ago
Instead of so much lifegain stuff, actually put in a lot of angels lol. Avacyn from SoI is a bomb with flash, you have a lot of decent ones in the maybeboard...
No data for this card yet.