|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|2011 Core Set||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Back to Nature
Destroy all enchantments.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Back to Nature Discussion
4 days ago
1 week ago
I playtested your deck a few times and the big thing that I noticed was that by turn 5 I had 0 cards in hand and nothing to do. This means that you need more card draw or some really good mana sinks.
1 week ago
- Baru, Fist of Krosa - (Weak effect that can be achieved through Paragon of Eternal Wilds, Gaea's Anthem, Hall of Triumph or Caged Sun. I'm not telling you to trade him for any of those cards, though)
- Nylea's Disciple - (meh)
- Oran-Rief Hydra - Too slow
- Rampaging Baloths - Too slow
- Solemn Simulacrum - Not needed. The only situation it'd be useful would be if you have Birthing Pod hanging around.
- Tireless Tracker - (weak in EDH)
- Yisan, the Wanderer Bard (too slow for Selvala)
- Lightning Greaves (meh. As suggested bellow, Thousand-Year Elixir would be better most of the times)
- Gravity Well (Check my Utility Section)
- Back to Nature and Creeping Corrosion aren't needed. This is a fast deck and your opponent's probably won't have time to build a board big enough for you to need it. You already have Bane of Progress and Wave of Vitriol, there's no need for those.
- The Great Aurora - Works wonders with token-based decks. Not so good in here, even if it's a boardwipe of sorts
- Elemental Bond can be replaced by Garruk's Packleader
- Primeval Bounty is good, but I would make room for some of my suggestions.
Get Selvala online as soon as possible (T2):
- Sword of the Paruns - (You just need a creature with power 4 or greater and you have infinte mana. Same goes with Umbral Mantle)
- Great Oak Guardian - (it might also work as a finisher)
- Wirewood Lodge - (a must have)
- Thousand-Year Elixir - pseudo-haste and neat untapping
- Seeker of Skybreak, Quirion Ranger or Scryb Ranger.
- Quest for Renewal for the extra mana every turn.
- Genesis Wave - Also ramps
- Genesis Hydra - Doesn't ramp, but gives you a body
- Nessian Game Warden - Nets you an extra creature
- Fierce Empath - Tutors your big guns.
- Wild Pair - 2 for 1 most of your creatures.
- Woodland Bellower - Does not get legendary creatures, but it should be ok.
- Boundless Realms - Getting rid of the lands in the deck so you can draw better stuff.
- Pathbreaker Ibex
- Overwhelming Stampede
- Dragon Throne of Tarkir
- If you have access to infinte mana Walking Ballista or its cousin Goblin Cannon (yes, you can activate it multiple times before it explodes)
- Silklash Spider
- Glissa Sunseeker
- Newly Spoiled Sandwurm Convergence
- Mosswort Bridge
- Abundance (prevents you from losing to mill and also makes sure you'll never be mana flooded or mana screwed)
- Primal Surge might be fun, but would require you to tone down on instant/sorceries
2 weeks ago
Ludevic's Test Subject Flip could be a good fit, the 0/3 will trigger evolve and if you are bluffing a counterspell you can sink that mana into it at the end of your opponents turn. Fog Bank is less fun, but still a practical option. Mutant's Prey, Ovinize might be better choices than Rapid Hybridization/Pongify.
3 weeks ago
I like what you have going here. I'm currently working on a deck with a similar strategy and just thought I'd share some of the cards that I've come across that you might be interested in:
Gray Merchant of Asphodel - works really well with all the black enchantments you are running. He's a good way to get ahead of the symmetric life-loss enchantments you are running.
Fanatic of Mogis - same vein as the Merchant above.
Pyrostatic Pillar - great way to punish many kinds of decks.
Liability - punishes graveyard and creature-heavy decks. You wont be as affected because of your low-creature count and more resilient permanents.
Beseech the Queen - just another tutor effect to consider.
Spreading Plague - your commander is indestructible, so you don't care. It will wreck non colorless/artifact creature decks.
3 weeks ago
That statement just reconfirms my decision to stick with Back to Nature on my SB.
Don't get me wrong. I'm excited for the new Gideon myself.
1 month ago
The build looks pretty solid. I do want to point out though is that Karakas is banned in Commander so you cannot use it. Also, your board can be cleared quickly by cards like Back to Nature and then are subject to getting exiled by, say aTormod's Crypt.And since Enduring Ideal, Replenish, and Open the Vaults are all sorcery speed, they could exile them all before you could recover them and because Back to Nature doesn't target any enchantments, protection nor shroud would stop it. i suggest finding an instant speed way of preventing this.
1 month ago
Wait, wait, wait... no Back to Nature ?
And for enchantment decks, beat face with Ancestral Mask!