Back to Nature
Destroy all enchantments.
|Have (2)||gomezrs , NineNotesKnives|
Printings View all
|Magic 2015 (M15)||Uncommon|
|2011 Core Set (M11)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Back to Nature Discussion
4 weeks ago
Sorry, I thought you didn't follow change anymore.
I have cut the last 2 Planeswalker, Vivien Reid and Freyalise, Llanowar's Fury. Primeval Bounty have also been cut in favor of Ashaya, Soul of the Wild, Squall Line and Back to Nature in hope to add more big threat and a possible Wincon and keeping removal and ramp capacity.
1 month ago
- Card draw:
- Sylvan Library : Card draw.
- Elvish Visionary : Cheap, cantrip, shaman.
- Mosswort Bridge : Pseudo cantrip.
- Growing Rites of Itlimoc Flip : Pseudo cantrip. Flip = better Gaea's Cradle.
- Blighted Woodland : Comes into play untapped. Ramp card mid-lategame.
- Path of Ancestry : Potential card filter.
- Strip Mine : Utility land.
- Gingerbread Cabin : Forest with minor upside. No reason not to play it in mono green.
- Fauna Shaman : Tutor, shaman.
- Noxious Revival : Manaless. Allows another shot for wincons.
- Scavenging Ooze : Manasink. graveyard disruption.
- Card draw:
- Lifecrafter's Bestiary : Card draw.
- Beast Whisperer : Green conditional card draw.
- Guardian Project : Green conditional card draw.
- Runic Armasaur : Card draw (meta dependent).
- Compost : Card draw (meta dependent).
- Sakura-Tribe Scout : Early game shaman. Mana acceleration.
- Genesis Wave : Pseudo card advantage.
- Arch of Orazca : Card draw.
- Win more:
- Myojin of Life's Web : Too expensive. Very likely that you do not have enough cards in hand to make this worthwhile lategame.
- Patron of the Orochi : Quest for Renewal is cheaper.
- Gigantomancer : Cute, but 8 mana is too much for this kind of effect.
- Archetype of Endurance : Win more card. No real synergy. Asceticism Is better (although also not recommended).
- Trolls of Tel-Jilad : This is a bad card.
- Soul of the Harvest : Beast Whisperer / Guardian Project, cheaper. Almost same effect.
- Sakiko, Mother of Summer : Too expensive. Doesn't do enough for mana cost.
- Sage of Ancient Lore Flip : Very likely that you do not have enough cards in hand to make this worthwhile mid-lategame.
- Wildheart Invoker : This is a bad card.
- Sakura-Tribe Springcaller : This is a bad card.
- Loaming Shaman : Not enough card draw that allows you to get your desired cards in you hand.
- Essence Warden : This is a bad card.
- Vines of Vastwood : Very situational card.
- Squall Line : Not very good card. Situational.
- Krosan Grip : Expensive situational removal.
- Gilded Lotus : Unnecessary ramp.
- Tranquil Grove : Unless your meta plays a lot of enchantments, not really necessary. Otherwise, recommmend Back to Nature instead.
- Beastmaster Ascension : Your creatures are not big enough for this to work consistently.
- Spidersilk Armor: No tutors, not enough card draw to obtain it. Unreliable flyer prevention. Silklash Spider Will hold off flyers with tutors.
Staple cards are cards I recommend obtaining and using, since they are almost always good cards to have in any green deck. The rest is up to preference and should be taken with a grain of salt. I hope I could be of some use to you.
1 month ago
2 months ago
3 months ago
Nine Lives' fourth ability says "When Nine Lives leaves the battlefield, you lose the game." It will trigger once when it leaves the battlefield. This can be due to it being exiled from it's third ability or from something else entirely like Back to Nature or Coastal Breach. If you Stifle the trigger you will not lose the game and the ability will not trigger again, but you will no longer have a Nine Lives.
5 months ago
7 months ago
@Conaxi4783 - Thanks! it took about 4 hours just finish the description and about 2-3 days to finish the initial decklist.. Reanimate is a bit expensive, but if I have more budget, I'm definitely adding that..
@vediusmaps - True, but i only have 1 for my Willowmaker deck.. I might add it in the future.. I only chose Back to Nature and Dead of Winter for versatility of removals.. Thanks for the suggestion though..
@hamdeadly - i think Diabolic Intent and Eldritch Evolution is counterintuitive imo, since i don't want to sacrifice possible fodder for Jarad, to find a creature in my library.. Also since my graveyard is the zone where i would most likely get the best odds of finding a solution to the current situation.. Plus i have other tutors which can add creatures to my yard such as Jarad's Orders and Final Parting.. Demonic Tutor is good, but i currently lack the budget to buy one.. I'll definitely add that though in the future.. Thanks for the suggestions!