|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Fifth Dawn (5DN)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
: Goblin Cannon deals 1 damage to target creature or player. Sacrifice Goblin Cannon.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Goblin Cannon Discussion
1 month ago
As a fellow Karn combo player, I love the combos you have going on. So few people run the infinite mana damage outlet.
You have an additional unmentioned combo in here that I love btw. Krark-Clan Ironworks + Myr Retriever + Scrap Trawler + Basalt Monolith/Cloud Key/Everflowing Chalice/Mana Crypt/Mana Vault/Mox Opal/Semblance Anvil/Sol Ring/Thran Dynamo
It's technically a 4 piece combo but there's so much synergy that the 4th piece can be almost anything. It's really fun though, I did a write up about it in my deck description if you're interested: Artifacts Inkarnate
2 months ago
Thanks for the comment! Let me try to address your points as you made them:
- I find myself frequently making additional land drops post-Sasaya flip, which makes Storm Cauldron awkward. You say it hurts every one else more, but seeing as this is a deck that does nothing until it wins on turn six or seven, spending turn five on an artifact that just makes you a bigger target seems poor to me. The additional land drops are also why I'd rather not run Dark Depths; I'd really rather have as many forests in play as possible.
- So currently I have six payoffs for having loads of mana: Hydra Broodmaster, Kamahl, Fist of Krosa, Planar Portal, Ring of Three Wishes, Genesis Wave and Staff of Domination. I've never found the need for any more than these. Most of them clog up the pre-combo hand, too, which means I might even want fewer. The only reason Kamahl, for example, is even in the deck is because of fringe wrath effect cases and being at least decent after a whiffed combo turn.
- I'd rather people read the description I put out for the deck. It's a little outdated, but it does kind of address why I would rather not run Helix Pinnacle or Rocket Launcher. Put simply, once Sasaya flips, I'd really rather not pass the turn again, and these three cards tend to require that loss of tempo.
- I archived a similar discussion from the last update, but what do you think I should cut for the cards you are suggesting? I obviously can't run 101-105 cards, so what seems weakest in this list to you and why should one of these cards replace it? For example, if I cut Kamahl for Goblin Cannon, how does that make the deck better?
2 months ago
Can I recommend Storm Cauldron? With Sasaya online you're not hurt as much as everyone else, and if she isn't then just tap the lands and get them back in your hand. I've also had great success with Rocket Launcher / Goblin Cannon (activate, activate in response, copy, paste...). Maybe Dark Depths in a land slot and Helix Pinnacle as an alt win condition mana sink?
3 months ago
3 months ago
Let's get you some wincons, and fix that landbase.
First: Landbase. Basic stuff, manarocks, and better land cards, and a touch of fetchlands to get us rocking and rolling. Then, guess what, you're playing green. Congrats, you get the luxury of a vast array of tasty morsels called ramp spells, so we'll take advantage of that.
Next, let's look at capitalizing on your commander's strengths: Card draw. We'll add in card draw, and some hand size manipulation to help manage it, along with some ways to make use of all that mana you gain and cards you draw.
- Storm Sculptor + Tishana, Voice of Thunder
Now for some wincons:
-Devastation Tide +Goblin Cannon (with your upcoming infinite mana/card draw combos, draw into this, then ping everyone for infinite damage and win, the ability stacks as many times as you pay the mana for it, before sacrificing itself).
-Spelltwine. - River's Rebuke
-Ghostly Flicker +Aphetto Alchemist (equip bracers to alphetto, tap to untap it and target manarock or kydele for aother infinite mana combo, once you have infinite combos going, you can take multiple turns, draw out your whole deck with psychosis or lab maniac or tishana, or empyrial plate, etc)
Other infinite combos you can look for are Sword of the Paruns or Umbral Mantle equipped to kydele if she's drawn enough cards. The possibilities are vast, just a matter of finding yourself a bit of room for those cards, which shouldn't be too hard. However I'm also aware of budgets, I know I've suggested a LOT of changes, many that you might need to purchase, and while the individual cards aren't too pricey, collectively it's a lot once you look at all the changes. But if you're personally looking to take your deck to the next level, I'll add some more blingy suggestions at the end of this comment.
Last couple of swaps to make:
The bling: Staff of Domination (more kydele comboing)
other cards to consider would be a touch more cantrips and counterspells? Depends on local meta, how often you need to stop people from preventing your comboing off: Pact of Negation Muddle the Mixtures Brainstorm Mystical Tutor
6 months ago
If I have this correct one of the main combos of the deck is netting infinite mana (Just as an example) Mox Opal, Mana Vault, Myr Retriever, Scrap Trawler, and Krark-Clan Ironworks then Goblin Cannon or draw the deck with Staff of Domination and Goblin Cannon. Is that right? I've been wanting to fiddle with more eggs pieces and Reckless Fireweaver for safety.
7 months ago
1 year ago
Of course you can manipulate the top of your library with Top but I prefer to put it on top of my deck then activate the Vault and cast the Top for free. Paradox Engine untaps the Vault, and mana rocks, and I repeat until I draw into the Reservoir or my infinite mana + Goblin Cannon combo.