|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Conflux (CON)||Mythic Rare|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Elemental Shapeshifter
G: Thornling gains haste until end of turn.
G: Thornling gains trample until end of turn.
G: Thornling is indestructible this turn.
1: Thornling gets +1/-1 until end of turn.
1: Thornling gets -1/+1 until end of turn.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
1 month ago
Looked through Joshua's list, a card I can get behind there is E-Wit. That card does seem good and could possibly get better here with Eldritch. It may be better than the 1x Courser.
For me, I don't think I will ever run more than 2 evolutions, because having two is just very bad a lot of the time.
I've never liked Acidic Slime, but i do consider it a fair bit.
Furystroke is in a weird place where it could replace bonfire but in this deck with EE I don't want to run Nissa because evolving tokens is generally bad. But in the traditional build, since you can't tutor it, Bonfire is just better.
Geez I had no idea Thornling was a card! That seems pretty sweet and could definitely rival Chameleon Colossus, but I don't want to take a stance on why or another on it yet. But definitely a card to consider. As for the WG guy, I think Chameleon is just strictly better.
I'm tempted by a scooze in the mainboard, I really am. Hmm... is it possible that I should just run 3 SB instead of any relics?
1 month ago
I think Eldritch Evolution's got serious potential for sure. A card that lets us turn a Bird into Magus of the Moon, right after an an opponent Inquisitions away our Blood Moon? Yeah, I'll take some of that!
I've tested Joshua's build pretty extensively (goldfishing and maybe 8 matches now) and yours just a little bit (2 matches so far), so here are some initial thoughts:
- I like 3x Evolutions better than 2x. Being able to tutor up exactly what we want is superb, and 3x increases our chances of doing that. It also increases our chances of being able to do it twice in a game, which is a blast. E.g., My favorite play so far with the card has been vs. a Burn player who had me at 2 life. I evolved an Elf into Kitchen Finks (up to 4 life) to barely hold on, took a Bolt to the face (back to 1), but then top-decked another Evolution, which got me a Finks-with-Persist and a Thragtusk (up to 8 life), and eventually the win.
- I'm not sure what the right number of Creatures is though ... it absolutely rots to have an Evolution in hand and no targets on the board.
- I'm 100% with you on Merfolk Branchwalker, lol. That said though, but I really like the idea of something like Scavenging Ooze in the main. More than once, I've wanted to evolve a random Token into a 2-drop, or wished I had a 2-drop I could evolve into a 4-drop ... sure, we can go 3-drop into 4-, but it seems like a waste :-)
- I'm not a big fan of Acidic Slime in a "normal" build, but I love it with Evolution. It's just perfect for taking out stuff like Ensnaring Bridge, Oblivion Stone, and Leyline of Sanctity in the late game. Though Reclamation Sage or even Manglehorn might be better.
- Another toolbox card I'd like to try: Oversoul of Dusk. Also something big, fast, and tramply, like Thornling or maybe Ball Lightning/Groundbreaker.
- I had one game where I got to live the dream of Furystoke Giant as a finisher, with a couple random creatures and a ton of Plant tokens from Nissa, Voice of Zendikar. Furystoke is very situational though, so while it obviously worked for Joshua, I would need to test it (a lot) more before recommending it.
More to follow, as I get a few more reps in ...
In the meantime, draw well!
1 month ago
2 months ago
Creature - Rogue
Whenever a creature enters the battlefield under an opponent's control, add one mana of any color to your mana pool unless that player pays .
5 months ago
Thornling, AEtherling, and Morphling all are awesome with Experiment Kraj, and Sheltering Ancient is just stupid good in Kraj decks. If you're in the mood to generate infinite mana, you can throw in Grand Architect and it'll combo with PILI-PILA.
7 months ago
8 months ago
Good idea but lets abuse some more mechanics here: Thornling is amazing for this type of deck build.
You might also want to have a look at Doubling Season
9 months ago
Cool elementals to consider: Ashling, the Extinguisher, Avenger of Zendikar, Brighthearth Banneret, Cloudthresher, Consuming Bonfire, Crater Elemental, Deepfire Elemental, Doomgape, Fertilid, Flamekin Harbinger, Flickerwisp, Grave Sifter, Grinning Ignus, Incandescent Soulstoke, Living Inferno (yes it's over costed I still like it), Mulldrifter!!! Nevermaker, Roil Elemental, Slithermuse, Soul of the Harvest, Thornling, Tyrant of Discord, Vigor (expensive but quite good), Whisperwood Elemental, Wilderness Elemental