Creature — Elf
Creature spells you play with converted mana cost 6 or more cost (2) less to play.
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Krosan Drover Discussion
1 week ago
What's your budget? That would help people make appropriate suggestions.
Krosan Drover could get you to turn 4 Vaevictis (or many other things in your deck).
Harvester of Souls can be pretty good at getting you extra cards, especially with your Commander. Is it out of budget, though? It's a 2$ card.
Bloodgift Demon is a dirt-cheap Phyrexian Arena with a 5/4 flying body attached.
Haunted Crossroads lets you Reanimate fatties every turn with Vaevictis.
Omen of the Hunt lets you ramp and leaves behind either a Vaevictis target or can help find something better on top for your dragon to get back.
Lantern of Insight is 1.50$, but will let you make more informed decisions when deciding whether or not to attack with your Commander.
2 weeks ago
Nylea's Forerunners seems a bit weak for your deck. You already have a few other trample givers and this one is overcosted. I could see that switch for Surrak if you want. Borborygmos also seems a bit lackluster.
Krosan Drover could be another good way to discount your creatures. Krosan Tusker is a 3 mana instant speed and uncounterable Divination that guarantees a land. It could be interesting to add in more "spell" creautres like that.
8 months ago
Thank you for the reply!
- Archetype of Endurance - I ran this for a short bit, and almost never cast it in lieu of something else. After 10+ games of it essentially being a dead card, I took it out.
- Krosan Drover / Goreclaw, Terror of Qal Sisma - I've never consideres doing cost reduction for this deck, as it doesn't help with kamahl's abilities. I prefer ways to generate more mana as it helps to the flow of the deck. I do run goreclaw in my animar deck though because its an amazing card.
- Quicksilver Amulet - great card, I'll have to playtest it and see how it goes.
- Garruk's Horde - I ran this early on and took it out. At 7cmc, odds are I won't cast anything else the turn I cast this. So my opponents will have extra knowledge of what'd in my hand with no immediate payoff.
- Engulfing Slagwurm - I love this card and ran it for a long time. It never survived a round before getting nuked. I may consider putting it back in though because its fantastic.
8 months ago
Greetings I just wanted to provide some (possibly suboptimal) card that I personally like in my green decks.
- Archetype of Endurance to shield yourself and expose everyone else ( this can lead to fun times )
- Krosan Drover for a nice discount ( or Goreclaw, Terror of Qal Sisma )
- Quicksilver Amulet to cheat things out
- Garruk's Horde Can be a nice thing if you don't mind people seeing what is coming up, you can spam things.
- Engulfing Slagwurm I'm super glad that this card is still a secret. This thing is OP as hell in my book.
8 months ago
Some good additions/alternatives may be:
8 months ago
We want to make room for some cards to help you get more dinosaurs onto the battlefield faster, and to interact with your opponents threats and spells. If you increase your card draw, you'll still draw into enough creatures to overwhelm your opponent.
This tutors for a dinosaur and can trigger your engrage abilities. Sick combo with Polyraptor.
This is going to serve as persistent card draw for keeping creatures on board, which you aim to do anyway.
Both of these cards allow you to draw a card when a creature enters play.
These can have two uses: the first use is on attack, but it also can be cast to safeguard your board from effects like Wrath of God .
Like above, this protects your creatures from board wipes, but also works against exile and -x/-x effects like Toxic Deluge .
Losing an expensive creature feels bad. Bringing it back to the battlefield for less than its casting cost helps take the sting away.
Adding Board Wipes:
Adding a tutor or two:
Finale of Devastation is flavorful and rewards you for going big on mana.
Upgrading the mana base: I would start by replacing the "gain 1 life" lands with the "scry" lands in Core 2020, which can be had for about $2 each. From there I might look at getting a Krosan Verge and Growing Rites of Itlimoc Flip, and gradually upgrading over time.
What else to cut / Replace
I might nix Explore and Lay of the Land , and replace them with Domri, Chaos Bringer or Domri, Anarch of Bolas (which can provide mana and either card draw or removal), or Zacama, Primal Calamity , which you essentially cast for free (or gain mana from, if you're using Itlimoc, Cradle of the Sun )), since it untaps your lands if you cast it from your hand.
I hope you find these suggestions helpful. I tried to stay on the lower end of prices on this stuff.
9 months ago
Just a few suggestions in a quick run-down of the deck list:
I'd say Beastmaster Ascension would work better in a 'go wide' strategy, where you have a higher creature count to build to the required number of counters on the enchantment.
Cartouche of Strength , while a removal spell will probably just get the enchanted creature Path'd.
You have enough other ramp/cost reduction that I think you can cut all of the Market Festival style enchantments unless you want to add an enchantress style card draw engine.
Krosan Drover doesn't help your X spell creatures so probably affects few enough creatures that it could be cut.
Do you have enough ways to tap Centaur Omenreader reliably that doesn't involve attacking?