Creature — Eldrazi Drone
Whenever Rapacious One deals combat damage to a player, put that many 0/1 colorless Eldrazi Spawn creature tokens onto the battlefield. They have "Sacrifice this creature: Add 1 to your mana pool."
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Rapacious One Discussion
3 hours ago
I made it back quicker than I expected. Here are a few thoughts on cuts, with the big caveat that my Rith deck it VERY different than yours, so I may have no idea what I'm talking about with your deck! :-)
Your mana curve is a little higher than I like, so I'm going to start on the highest CMC and work down.
- The Terastodon is cool, but doesn't seem to have a lot of synergy. I'd probably drop him. If you really want the effect, maybe replace with something like Descent of Dragons?
- Angel of Salvation seems kind of out of place in this deck (I really like the Seraph of the Masses though ... I'm actually adding it to my maybeboard!)
- It's not a cut exactly, but Shamanic Revelation is better than Collective Unconscious.
- I'm not a fan of Rapacious One, only because he's a 6-drop (when I have 6, I'd rather be playing Rith).
- Flameblast Dragon seems kind of weak. I'd probably drop him. Or maybe swap him for a Preyseizer Dragon.
- I'd drop the Ant Queen, since you already have Jade Mage. Or at least replace it with Mobilization. Sacred Mesa is another option as well, if you've got enough spare mana.
- Indrik Stomphowler is cool, but doesn't seem to have much synergy with the rest of the deck.
- I ran Sporemound for a little while, but found it too slow. I still run it every now and then, but only as part of the + combo.
- Maybe drop the Overrun and Overwhelming Stampede? As I mentioned earlier, I'm not a big fan of "until end of turn" effects. If you love these two though, in particular, you might look at Pathbreaker Ibex. It's Stampede on a stick, so even though it's a higher CMC, you get a repeatable effect.
- Predator, Flagship seems out of place.
- Kabira Vindicator seems painfully expensive. 10 mana and 3 turns to give other creatures a +1/1? Blurg.
- I found Sundering Growth to be really inconsistent.
- Double-strike with Rith is awesome (if you've got the mana for the extra batch of Saprolings), but Double Cleave is only "until end of turn" :-P Same with Weapon Surge.
- Disintegrate and Fireball don't seem to be very effective in multi-player
Sorry for the wall of text. Thanks for reading this far!
3 days ago
@Doughnutman I have the list on cockatrice and its 100 cards.... Maybe I'm missing something from this one, but it should be exactly the same being that I copied it from this list over to that program. I could do with less of these creatures, but they're for combos in the deck which are used with multiple cards that will definitely stay in the list. Chancellor of the Forge will auto win you games more often than Avenger of Zendikar, but both are essential. Flayer of the Hatebound is more creature removal and can combo with other grave effects to score a win. Be it with Nim Deathmantle or other effects such as undying and persist. Overseer of the Damned also fills this role in addition to having a dies trigger which helps against wraiths and being one mana higher allows for you to go into Birthing Pod from any creature to converted mana cost 5-7 to grab removal. Titania, Protector of Argoth is just 5 mana ramp with an additional effect if someone kills my lands. If you can find a better 5 cmc creature that ramps I wouldn't mind switching. Rapacious One; I played this before in an older shell and it wasn't bad, so I'm testing it in this shell. Thopter Assembly is just another combo piece/creature generator which works great with Sneak Attack and Goblin Welder, also allows me to wielder more and triggers my main win cons (making it a combo piece). Golgari Thug helps fill your grave and can be used as a Volrath's Stronghold except its a creature. If Warp World resolves I win plain and simple. I have a 100% win ratio with it and I've played this deck for 2 years now. I've just now decided to make it 'competitive' by adding infinite non sense to it.Thinks for the suggestions though... Right now trying to find better graveyard control/ removal.
6 days ago
38 (Land) + 37 (Creature) + 11 (Enchantment) + 6 (Sorcery) + 6 (Artifact) + 1 (Commander) = 99.I noticed the thing saying it was legal, which is weird because you definitely are missing a card. That check must just be checking against the ban list? Dunno.
I personally think you're really, really undervaluing artifact ramp. E.g., Sol Ring is almost universally considered the best card in edh (except perhaps Mana Crypt but that's $$$$). Yeah it can die, but the reason its so good is because it accelerates you by multiple turns, and is so cmc effective. A lot of artifact ramp is pretty inexpensive, so I'd urge you to try them out for yourself. Forgot to mention last time, but Xenagos, the Reveler is absurdly powerful in prossh decks as well.
Some cards that I think are weaker (focusing on 5+ cmc):
Chancellor of the Forge bad if you don't have lots of creatures, win more if you do.
Flayer of the Hatebound bad if you're not recurring creatures, win more if you do (you're already getting creatures back, the damage from flayer is unnecessary).
Overseer of the Damned is win-more all around-- killing their creatures puts you ahead, that 2/2 isn't going to matter.
Titania, Protector of Argoth you don't have ways to destroy your lands, so the value here is minimal.
Rapacious One is trying to be mana acceleration but makes you jump through hoops to get there, could just play acceleration directly instead.Nantuko Cultivator I'd be very surprised if you can afford to discard lands.
Thopter Assembly is slow and doesn't win you game even if you get to do the whole sequence. If a process is going to be slow, then you had better win for going through all the effort.
Golgari Thug I'm not sure what this is even trying to be? If you're looking for a dredger then grave-troll is the gold standard. If you're playing it for the effect then I think you can do better.
Warp World not sure when this would be good. If you're ahead, then why put things to chance. If you're behind, then either a) your opponents are playing permanents and you'll still be behind, or b) your opponents aren't playing permanents in which case this spell is getting countered.
|Power / Toughness||5/4|
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Rise of the Eldrazi||Uncommon|