|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|MTG: Commander (CMD)||Uncommon|
|Rise of the Eldrazi (ROE)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Eldrazi Drone
Whenever Rapacious One deals combat damage to a player, put that many 0/1 colorless Eldrazi Spawn creature tokens onto the battlefield. They have "Sacrifice this creature: Add 1 to your mana pool."
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Rapacious One Discussion
3 months ago
3 months ago
nice deck but missing some stuff
- Molten Nursery pretty much everysingle colorless thing you cast can deal damage to creatures or opponent's
- Emrakul's Influence just cast your eldrazi two card draw
- Kozilek's Return need a third board sweep well here it is.
- Not of This World wow this is not in if they try to get rid of you big guy(s) this can counter it. FOR FREE!
- Corrupted Crossroads this is not in your deck https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74hA6Q7vPI4why.... honestly why... ITS A RAINBOW MANA PRODUCER FOR ALL THE ELEDRAZIS!!!!!!
- Flayer Drone same thing as the nursey but this is etb trigger on creatures so throw in Brood Monitor then you can do infinite damage with Eldrazi Displacer
- It That Betrays *facepalm* why in earths name is this not in if you All Is Dust with this on the field its instantaneously all over for your opponents you just stole every single thing they have.
- Deepfathom Skulker card draw and makes eldrazis unblockable
- Void Attendant exploit the cituation on all of the exiled cards for mana (don't do a sacrifice focused deck though.)
- Brood Butcher nice removal for the small creatures particually keeping Gaddock Teeg from ever seeing the light of the battlefield
- you have the banner (creatures get +1/+1 for each creature that shares a type) so scion/spawn producers is a must Brood Monitor, Blight Herder, Rapacious One, Drowner of Hope, Emrakul's Hatcher, Skittering Invasion and Sifter of Skulls.
- you have From Beyond go get the other one Awakening Zone
- Ashnod's Altar lets change the scions/spawns mana from 1 to 2 shall we.
- last but not least a top secret staple card nobody even bothers to put in stranglely Spreading Plague you just cast korona thne you just lock out anybody from getting creatures on the board and heres the kicker your beautiful eldrazis get untouched by this because devoid means they are colorless and its not a color.
oh heres a bonus if your willing to breath deep and do this but the Gisela, the Broken Blade and Bruna, the Fading Light for a loop hole of getting somewhat two white eldrazi since this can turn into Brisela, Voice of Nightmares
so those are my suggestions
5 months ago
Rapacious One creates spawn tokens for dealing combat damage, Skittering Invasion creates seven spawn and is colorless, so it won't mess with your mana fixing. Outpost Siege would be fitting to ping your opponents for all of the tokens being devoured. Dictate of Erebos or Grave Pact would synergize well with that strategy.
5 months ago
from my gatherer search: Apprentice Necromancer, Basal Thrull, Emrakul's Evangel, Flesh Carver, Fleshwrither, Generator Servant, Heart-Piercer Manticore, Lyzolda, the Blood Witch, Rapacious One, Sifter of Skulls, Stronghold Assassin, Tymaret, the Murder King, Varolz, the Scar-Striped, Voldaren Pariah, Yahenni, Undying Partisan
8 months ago
It might help to know a bit more about your playgroup.
Offhand, I'd say that Skittering Invasion and Rapacious One are too expensive to represent useful sources of ramp. Running a full set of Awakening Zone and From Beyond instead might be more useful (with the latter helping you fetch your Eldrazi). Eyeless Watcher might be a good option for bodies that come with Eldrazi Spawn tokens.
I think Soulsurge Elemental is an easy cut. You may also want something a bit more impactful than Fireball (possibly Comet Storm or Bonfire of the Damned could be good if you're looking for a mana sink).
Do you need to worry about boardwipes from your opponents? If you absolutely need to have some of your eldrazi spawn live for a few turns, something like Rootborn Defenses might come in handy.
I'd be curious to see how Doubling Cube performs for you. It seems like it's probably too expensive relative to how much mana it's likely to give you. But it's absolutely worth testing to see how it goes.
Whatever you end up with here is likely to have some real weaknesses, but seems like it could be pretty fun in the right playgroup. Keep us posted :)
8 months ago
Here is the guy I keep talking about I am going to post him on Daretti because it would be the most interest to that deck: Rapacious One
The Sac option probably doesn't mean much to Daretti but the beater with high colorless mana production could be neat
10 months ago
Great deck! Love to see some Gruul
I've been playing Xenagos as my commander a long time and while my build is not a budget one, it has some nice cheap gems you should consider.
I think that you should in particular look into
Crazy ramp dude, if this guy connects you get so much mana (and tokens for various Diabolic Edict-effects and such). It also has a decent power and trample and will cost you less than a dollar to acquire.
You like playing creatures (Gruul yeah!) why not punishing everybody else? This guy is awesome since he has reach and vigilance he can block flyers all day. The "downside" of attacking each turn is already a part of the strategy here so that is hardly a problem.
Or 1-hit-KO-elemental as I like to call him. Do you ever play against pesky blue mages? Those "control players" that never play creatures? BOOM drop this guy and give him Xena-power and you will take out a player per turn if they don't get blockers out.
This card goes with basically any creature in your deck and just makes every creature into 1-hit-KO-dude. This card is especially fun with Ruric Thar, the Unbowed since it basically reads everybody gets to play ONE non-creature spell then its over for that player.
Goes very well with Grafted Exoskeleton since you usually just win by targeting a pumped creature with the exoskeleton. Also inst-win with a pumped Malignus. This card is great even without instant wins though, its a boardwipe where you get to keep your big creature and also deal A LOT of damage to everybody.
Budget for this upgrade is less than 5 USD
10 months ago
Hope they continue to enjoy Magic!
EDH can be a little intense at first, because so many different cards come at you all at once.