|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Modern Masters 2015 Edition||Rare|
|2011 Core Set||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Until end of turn, creatures you control gain trample and get +X/+X, where X is the greatest power among creatures you control.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (13)||EdenGardenz , gildan_bladeborn , raymaverick97 , Ashy , Dr.Jackel , Tiddilywinkus , PTsmitty , switchkill65 , philktoken8998 , pskinn01 , Swamy , rockleemyhero , awalloftext|
Overwhelming Stampede Discussion
2 days ago
No problem. A general strategy for Commander is you want cards that give you longevity in a game, like playing a card like Phyrexian Arena instead of a standard draw spell like Read the Bones. Arena generates you more value after your 3rd upkeep and onward. The faster your meta, the more you will probably gravitate to instant reward cards which allow for a more responsive game. While I'm thinking about it, there are a few more cards that are really good for going wide; Avenger of Zendikar, Hornet Queen, Coat of Arms, and Overwhelming Stampede tend to make token decks a lot stronger. Also I'm surprised you aren't running haste enablers like Fervor and Fires of Yavimaya, or Odric, Lunarch Marshal to clone saskia's vigilance and haste to your board.
2 days ago
I'm just gonna bombard you with a list of suggestions.
4 days ago
Love Xira just never gotten a chance to build her, kudos for going the tribal route.
In janky/tribal decks I always enjoy sticking in relevant Theros gods (it's the block I began playing MTG) to add some relevant diversity. Nylea, God of the Hunt gives everyone trample and pump, Purphoros, God of the Forge every creature is a fire ant, and Erebos, God of the Dead is good card draw.
4 days ago
Great deck! If you need more card draw, other than the above suggested by VGAMaddHatter, I can suggest Shamanic Revelation, Sylvan Library, Lifeblood Hydra, Life's Legacy, Regal Force, Nissa, Vital Force, and if you are feeling ballsy, Recycle. Most of those have served me well in EDH decks. However, I can't believe you're missing out on the strongest feature RG has to offer, HASTE. Try Fervor and Fires of Yavimaya to make your deck even scarier. There's nothing like dropping an Avenger of Zendikar, followed by an Overwhelming Stampede and immediately taking out the table. :D On a side note, try Boundless Realms instead of Nissa's Renewal to the last push for lands.
4 days ago
This advice is for going full Human Tribal, so no soldiers and spirits.
- Minus Emeria Shepherd Card is too expensive, no synergy b/c no ETB effects or payoff cards to reanimate.
- Minus Collective Effort Card is too mediocre in EDH
- Minus Devout Invocation, Although a very cool and flavourful card, it's too expensive, and doesn't have a direct impact on the board without a haste source in play.
- Minus Ajani Unyielding, Strong card, but no synergy wit the deck.
- Minus Bow of Nylea, Card is too underwhelming in EDH
- Minus Gallows at Willow Hill, again, very flavourful, but underwhelming.
- Minus Swiftfoot Boots, usually works better with big creatures that need protection, instead of a lot of small creatures, if you really want to play it, go for Lightning Greaves
- Minus Thought Vessel, you don't really need the ramp if you keep the CMC low, same goes for the hand-size limit, you want to keep casting creatures, not gain a massive hand. Imagine drawing this instead of more humans that commit to the board state.
- Minus Asceticism, you're main concern is board wipes, not target removal, I would suggest playing this in a creature based deck like Mayael the Anima
- Minus Archetype of Courage, too underwhelming in my opinion
- Minus Somberwald Sage, only ramps for big creatures, which is not your focus.
- Minus Decimator of the Provinces, too underwhelming for its cmc
- Minus Elder of Laurels, not a bad card, but only buffs one creature, you want more anthem effects.
- Minus Fiend Hunter, it's a solid card, there are better options
- Minus Geist-Honored Monk, solid card, but no human synergy and no game changer for 5 CMC
- Minus Odric, Lunarch Marshal, Minus Odric, Master Tactician, never been a fan of these.
- Minus Precinct Captain, soldiers, no humans
- Minus Ulvenwald Tracker, meh
- Minus Voice of Resurgence, obviously one of the best cards in Modern, solid in EDH, but not really a human card
- Minus Nissa, Voice of Zendikar, I get the point, but no humans
- Minus Avacyn, Angel of Hope, So good, so expensive
- Minus Mosswort Bridge, not enough value to gain here, so just a slow land card.
- Plus Skullclamp best draw engine for tokens in the game.
- Plus Devout Chaplain, solid tribe removal
- Plus Heron's Grace Champion, excellent combat trick.
- Plus Herald of War, solid tribal support
- Plus Tireless Tracker, great stand-alone with draw-engine
- Plus Grand Abolisher, anti control card
- Plus Thraben Doomsayer, free human tokens,
- Plus Angel of Jubilation, anthem
- Plus Chord of Calling, find your craterhoof on instant speed.
- Plus Eladamri's Call, tutor.
- Plus Green Sun's Zenith, tutor.
- Plus Avacyn's Pilgrim, solid human mana dork
- Plus Overwhelming Stampede wincon
- Plus Door of Destinies anthem
- Plus Akroma's Memorial wincon
- Plus Obelisk of Urd tribal anthem
- Plus Cryptolith Rite Ramp
- Plus Angelic Overseer Solid tribal support
- Plus Marshal's Anthem Recursion + Anthem
- Plus Kodama's Reach additional Cultivate
- Plus Adaptive Automaton tribal support
- Plus Enlightened Tutor
- Plus Gather the Townsfolk, more humans!
5 days ago
Hey! I'm pretty new to MTG, but I would love to give you suggestions, as I have a deck similar to this (on my profile), but doesn't have any saproling spawners other than 2 copies of Fists of Ironwood. My first and main suggestion is putting in Arbor Elfs instead of Explore and Rampant Growth because it also gives you extra mana for 1 mana and is a creature for Champion of Lambholt, Essence of the Wild, and Scion of the Wild. It also might be a good idea to put in more Champion of Lambholts as it is a very good card in your deck. I also reccomend maybe putting in Overwhelming Stampedeinstead of overrun because of your big hitters and Might of the Masses, but its optional as it is a high risk high reward card in your deck. I'm thinking of putting saproling spawners in my deck now!