SorceryUntil end of turn, creatures you control gain trample and get +X/+X, where X is the greatest power among creatures you control.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|TCGPlayer.com Price||Cardhoarder (O) Price|
|$0.17||$0.33||$1.05||$1.28||0.01 TIX||0.02 TIX|
|Have (28)||pskinn01 , gildan_bladeborn , ajmcnulty , dragonbladeice , Highko , Nadill , rexxxif , PTsmitty , LukiJew , DudeMan1031 , Conqueror_of_Thrones , HavokX , maiden77 , ironax , canterlotguardian , Ashy , miracle , Penguin_Gamer_1 , Xathrid845 , nspooner , tiaomaster , , Rellevation , EnragedAtlas , travis1643 , CastleSiege , Pwese23 , IcehawkFFC10|
|Want (4)||Nadill , Ciz_Moloch , Arashisenko , JoshebBasshebeth|
Overwhelming Stampede Discussion
1 day ago
So I put a regular mana dork back into the deck. I have an even spread, I have a single land untap, double land untap, single mana dork, and a double mana dork.
On a good day, I can have 7- 10 elfs out, but usually that number is down to 3-5. So it can not reach its max potential in here.
1 day ago
I made it back quicker than I expected. Here are a few thoughts on cuts, with the big caveat that my Rith deck it VERY different than yours, so I may have no idea what I'm talking about with your deck! :-)
Your mana curve is a little higher than I like, so I'm going to start on the highest CMC and work down.
- The Terastodon is cool, but doesn't seem to have a lot of synergy. I'd probably drop him. If you really want the effect, maybe replace with something like Descent of Dragons?
- Angel of Salvation seems kind of out of place in this deck (I really like the Seraph of the Masses though ... I'm actually adding it to my maybeboard!)
- It's not a cut exactly, but Shamanic Revelation is better than Collective Unconscious.
- I'm not a fan of Rapacious One, only because he's a 6-drop (when I have 6, I'd rather be playing Rith).
- Flameblast Dragon seems kind of weak. I'd probably drop him. Or maybe swap him for a Preyseizer Dragon.
- I'd drop the Ant Queen, since you already have Jade Mage. Or at least replace it with Mobilization. Sacred Mesa is another option as well, if you've got enough spare mana.
- Indrik Stomphowler is cool, but doesn't seem to have much synergy with the rest of the deck.
- I ran Sporemound for a little while, but found it too slow. I still run it every now and then, but only as part of the + combo.
- Maybe drop the Overrun and Overwhelming Stampede? As I mentioned earlier, I'm not a big fan of "until end of turn" effects. If you love these two though, in particular, you might look at Pathbreaker Ibex. It's Stampede on a stick, so even though it's a higher CMC, you get a repeatable effect.
- Predator, Flagship seems out of place.
- Kabira Vindicator seems painfully expensive. 10 mana and 3 turns to give other creatures a +1/1? Blurg.
- I found Sundering Growth to be really inconsistent.
- Double-strike with Rith is awesome (if you've got the mana for the extra batch of Saprolings), but Double Cleave is only "until end of turn" :-P Same with Weapon Surge.
- Disintegrate and Fireball don't seem to be very effective in multi-player
Sorry for the wall of text. Thanks for reading this far!
3 days ago
I myself am building a token-ish version of this deck. I found that Overwhelming Stampede is great, but I am going with Dragon Throne of Tarkir for the repeatable version. And from the base deck it was clear that Noble Quarry was one of the best cards, so how about a Nemesis Mask for a repeatable "board wipe" in colorless. Card draw is important in any green combo-ish deck. Greater Good is a bit expensive but is one of the best. Alternatively, Hunter's Prowess can be HUGE value and is super cheap money wise. Also if you want cheap mass tokens, have you considered a Thopter Squadron. Cheap flying tokens are hard to come by and Thopter Squadron is a great place to get them especially with the little combo with Ezuri. Overall I love the fun and the value of your deck.
5 days ago
1 week ago
My feedback about your suggested list, see behind the cards...
Masako the Humorless : A potent card that could be mindblowing for any opponent. I had it once in my deck, but was taken out due to the fact that I always tutored for something else. But I do agree that I should have second thoughts about this...
Michiko Konda, Truth Seeker : I once reviewed this and it didn't make the cut, but reading this card yet again makes me wonder if I should give her a new chance....
Overwhelming Stampede : It rocks, but playing more into control/tearing down battlefields this doens't suit the gameplan. Many times players gave up because they lost all hope, not just because their lives were gone :-)
Akroma's Memorial : Solid and fatal if not dealt with accordinly. A tutorable sweetness that should rotate in if you ask me now :-) Gheez.... what to get rid of.... xD
Instill Energy : I had it in my hand, but it seemed 'cheap'. Although on your commander it feels like you are in a candy store with a big budget. Downside is that I have to draw it, as no tutor will find it.
Elspeth, Sun's Champion : Good old Elspeth :-) A flying wincon. Do you believe I need it in here? It feels too weak compared to what is already present....
Thanks alot for all the thoughts you already put in here RoddimusPrime ! Much appreciated.
1 week ago
What would you say your key/game making cards are? And what are your finishing cards (by that I mean things like Overwhelming Stampede that come out of nowhere. You have low costing creatures).
I also see no cards that protect your creatures from being targeted (not much at least). And no various fog effects to protect from opponents using Overwhelming Stampede and the like. Cyclonic Rift or board wipes would also seemingly be a weakness here (Obviously Gaddock Teeg can help here). What do you do against that? Lastly, for those running commanders like Xenagos what do you do against constant large creatures?
Also, I am curious if you have tried the following cards and your thoughts. Several of these cards in my deck have helped.
2 weeks ago
Kalonian Hydra to buff up the counters (it's just a cool card in general) and Surrak, the Hunt Caller replacing the elk herd. Instead of Harrow, try Cultivate and/or Explosive Vegetation. Overwhelming Stampede as finisher. Both Nissa, Worldwaker and Nissa, Vastwood Seer Flip are good cards to run.
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Modern Masters 2015 Edition||Rare|
|2011 Core Set||Rare|
- Immaculate Magistrate + Overwhelming Stampede
- Aspect of Hydra + Overwhelming Stampede
- It That Betrays + Overwhelming Stampede
- Molten Primordial + Mosswort Bridge + Overwhelming Stampede
- Might of the Masses + Overwhelming Stampede
- Overwhelming Stampede + Wakestone Gargoyle
- Genesis Wave + Overwhelming Stampede
- Overwhelming Stampede + Rude Awakening
- Heroes' Bane + Overwhelming Stampede
- Enlarge + Overrun + Overwhelming Stampede