Seeker of Skybreak
Creature — Elf
Tap: Untap target creature.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Seeker of Skybreak Discussion
1 month ago
I love playing this commander, mine is one of my favorite decks. Plus I love Elf decks, I've even got 2 currently (one paper one online). A few of the super synergy cards you will love using are missing. First off Elvish Guidance is another Priest of Titania. Ways to give haste and have more Selvala untaps per turn like Instill Energy, Nature's Chosen, Seeker of Skybreak, & Thousand-Year Elixir can also combo with mana elves too. Then there is Great Oak Guardian, which usually also truly ramps you from casting it in an elf deck even though it costs 6 mana, plus its a combat trick if needed. If you need to find space I think your card function groups (removal, draw, ramp, etc.) are fairly balanced, and the untap effects are essentially ramp/draw spells. So I would sub out those kind of cards for them. Here's a link to my lists for convenience:
1 month ago
To be honest, as you have predicted, Elvish Piper is a pretty fragile way to cheap out some big Eldrazi.
Get rid of Vile Redeemer, Seeker of Skybreak (not Modern legal either), Hydra Broodmaster and Prowling Serpopard. More mana ramp could be used, Chord of Calling, Burning-Tree Emissary, Eternal Witness, and Birds of Paradise.
Hope some of that helps!
1 month ago
I've played Legacy Elves (a full Elves deck, with 4 Gaea's Cradle and all) for about four years now, so I'm going to weigh in a bit:
You have two paths you can take this deck. Full, legitimate Legacy Combo Elves, or a casual Combo Elves deck. If you want to do casual Combo Elves, remove the Timberwatch Elves for Green Sun's Zeniths and then drop Wellwisher for Staff of Domination. Staff is basically better Genesis Wave in this deck and gives you 7 outlets for big mana- if you control either Priest or an Archdruid plus four other Elves, you now have infinite mana, card draw, untaps, and life gain. Landing it with 5 Elves simply means you should win, lol, and Ezuri can pump your Elves to ridiculous numbers, so no need for Timberwatches anymore. GSZ's help make sure you can grab a Priest or Archdruid every game, which will aid your consistency. Boom- decent casual deck though lacking in interaction. You should be able to turn 5 everyone regularly, anyway.
If you decide to do legit Legacy Elves: You don't need Wellwisher. Drop it. There's your Heritage Druid slot. Life gain is nice, but it's unnecessary when you just drew through your whole deck on the third turn. Seeker of Skybreak needs to go, as well, because Nettle Sentinel does a similar job for half the cost and usually will produce more mana with Druid. Asceticism is unnecessary, and can be your slot for Natural Order, which is important and I'll explain why in a bit.
Green Sun's Zenith still needs to be in the deck, so that could easily take the place of Timberwatch Elf. Elvish Visionary and Wirewood Symbiote have insane synergy, so I'd highly recommend the Visionary. Glimpse of Nature will draw you into more of your library early than Genesis Wave can (as you only really need to land 10 or so Elves and then fish out your Behemoth for the win in a Legacy game). Elvish Mystic can be Deathrite Shaman, and Quirion Ranger should probably be put into the deck in some fashion, probably over Taunting Elf.
With 2 more slots, add in Craterhoof Behemoth. You Natural Order for the Behemoth after drawing/casting 10~ Elves, which makes one or two getting through game.
The Legacy combo Elves version is fairly resilient (IE, killing one of your creatures doesn't slow you down ludicrously as it has tutors and many of the creatures are lower cost), and goes off on turns 3 and 4, respectively, versus just Genesis Waving for 14+ on turn 5.
If you do multiplayer games, do the casual Elves deck as tuned meta Legacy Elves won't work against more than one opponent. If you're doing 1v1 games, there's nothing greater than the feeling of drawing a ton of cards on the third turn and crushing your opponent.
1 month ago
Omgawall & Snapdisastermage: well now you got me curious, how would you do changes? Imo Priest of Titania gets me 3-4 mana in turn 3 if all comes along well, if it's going fantastic I'll get 6-8 combined with Seeker of Skybreak. At this point I kinda don't see the benefit of Heritage Druid who would give me let's say 3 mana at turn 2. Or am I just to dumb to see it? :o Primary target is to hit Genesis Wave with as much mana as possible, furthermore tapping my combo elves for producing mana doesn't seem to ideal neither, because I can't rely on their functions anymore. Pls enlight me, I'm for sure willing to change the deck towards even more speed and my wincon Genesis Wave :)
2 months ago
I used to play a lot of Elves back when I used to play regularly (back around Lorwyn), and I'm trying to get back into the swing of things running mono-green elves on a relative budget (between 20-30 dollars). Would anyone mind taking a look at this deck and giving me some suggestions for cards I can get relatively cheap to make the deck Modern legal?
2 months ago
- Baru, Fist of Krosa - (Weak effect that can be achieved through Paragon of Eternal Wilds, Gaea's Anthem, Hall of Triumph or Caged Sun. I'm not telling you to trade him for any of those cards, though)
- Nylea's Disciple - (meh)
- Oran-Rief Hydra - Too slow
- Rampaging Baloths - Too slow
- Solemn Simulacrum - Not needed. The only situation it'd be useful would be if you have Birthing Pod hanging around.
- Tireless Tracker - (weak in EDH)
- Yisan, the Wanderer Bard (too slow for Selvala)
- Lightning Greaves (meh. As suggested bellow, Thousand-Year Elixir would be better most of the times)
- Gravity Well (Check my Utility Section)
- Back to Nature and Creeping Corrosion aren't needed. This is a fast deck and your opponent's probably won't have time to build a board big enough for you to need it. You already have Bane of Progress and Wave of Vitriol, there's no need for those.
- The Great Aurora - Works wonders with token-based decks. Not so good in here, even if it's a boardwipe of sorts
- Elemental Bond can be replaced by Garruk's Packleader
- Primeval Bounty is good, but I would make room for some of my suggestions.
Get Selvala online as soon as possible (T2):
- Sword of the Paruns - (You just need a creature with power 4 or greater and you have infinte mana. Same goes with Umbral Mantle)
- Great Oak Guardian - (it might also work as a finisher)
- Wirewood Lodge - (a must have)
- Thousand-Year Elixir - pseudo-haste and neat untapping
- Seeker of Skybreak, Quirion Ranger or Scryb Ranger.
- Quest for Renewal for the extra mana every turn.
- Genesis Wave - Also ramps
- Genesis Hydra - Doesn't ramp, but gives you a body
- Nessian Game Warden - Nets you an extra creature
- Fierce Empath - Tutors your big guns.
- Wild Pair - 2 for 1 most of your creatures.
- Woodland Bellower - Does not get legendary creatures, but it should be ok.
- Boundless Realms - Getting rid of the lands in the deck so you can draw better stuff.
- Pathbreaker Ibex
- Overwhelming Stampede
- Dragon Throne of Tarkir
- If you have access to infinte mana Walking Ballista or its cousin Goblin Cannon (yes, you can activate it multiple times before it explodes)
- Silklash Spider
- Glissa Sunseeker
- Newly Spoiled Sandwurm Convergence
- Mosswort Bridge
- Abundance (prevents you from losing to mill and also makes sure you'll never be mana flooded or mana screwed)
- Primal Surge might be fun, but would require you to tone down on instant/sorceries
2 months ago
Great call on Dosan the Falling Leaf going to order one now. At the store I play in everybody always targets me, even though my friend plays a very competitive Animar and a Sharuum deck that is about to go off (I think it's revenge from a good Meren deck I used to play haha) so Dosan will certainly help :D
I was thinking about Eldrazi Monument as well but a little unsure if it is worth it.
There are some nice looking cards in Amonkhet, Manglehorn for extra stax, not sure if it is going to be good enough to replace Reclamation Sage though. Throne of the God-Pharaoh is possibly worth a look too.
I am not too sure about Extraplanar Lens seems by the time I get it out mana is not an issue. How is it working out for you?
2 months ago
Commander / EDH
SCORE: 2 | 5 COMMENTS | 1089 VIEWS | IN 2 FOLDERS