Creature — Elf
When Fierce Empath enters the battlefield, you may search your library for a creature card with converted mana cost 6 or more, reveal it, and put it into your hand. Then shuffle your library.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Fierce Empath Discussion
2 days ago
This list has the best reactive 3-drops you'll find (Reclamation Sage, Eternal Witness). If you're looking for something a little more proactive in that slot, maybe try Selvala, Heart of the Wilds (which ShaperSavant only recently took out), Elvish Archdruid/Ezuri, Renegade Leader (depending on how elf-heavy your deck is), or Fierce Empath (I'm always glad to have a Great Oak Guardian in my hand, you never know when you'll need one).
1 week ago
Some suggestions: Fierce Empath and Wild Pair are inexpensive tutors that can fetch you some dragons; Skyline Despot, Balefire Dragon, Kolaghan, the Storm's Fury, and Tyrant's Familiar are really strong dragons that could easily find a place in this deck; you should probably run more mana ramp, like Cultivate and Kodama's Reach; and Rishkar's Expertise will give you great card draw and probably let you cast one of your dragons or other expensive cards for free.
Good luck with your deckbuilding!
1 week ago
Hey I'm coming over from reddit.
I think first of all, you have some decent ramp and card draw, but I might replace Abzan Beastmaster and Triumph of Ferocity for some other green creature card draw, like Primordial Sage or Soul of the Harvest. Maybe replace Utopia Sprawl with Sakura-Tribe Elder, it's a creature so it has better synergy with your deck, also it's easier to get the extra mana. Archwing Dragon is not the best mana dump by any means and I would replace it with... I dunno there's a lot of really great goodstuff cards at 4 mana, like Rashmi, Eternities Crafter. The "buff my creature" cards are not great, like Boon Satyr or Rancor, as there are much better Anthems, like Beastmaster Ascension.Frost Walker is not a good edh card. At two mana there's Duskwatch Recruiter Flip. Orcish Lumberjack is sketch, maybe Birds of Paradise. Maybe replace the Trinket Mage and Treasure Mage with Fierce Empath or some sick Haste enablers like Fires of Yavimaya or Hammer of Purphoros. Also a couple more lands couldn't hurt, maybe closer to 36-38. Fire/Ice has a low power for edh, as is lightning bolt. I'm also not the biggest fan of prophetic bolt. Some good removal includes Beast Within and Krosan Grip. I'm also not a fan of Skullclamp in a deck not focused around your own creatures dying. Maybe Mystic Remora or Rhystic Study for cheap card draw. A fun card I like in general is Zendikar Resurgent but it's 7 mana, and usually the turn you drop it, it does nothing. So if you can find a spot in your deck to put it go ahead, but it's low priority.
2 weeks ago
hmm I'm thinking of cutting out Phyrexian Reclamation, Bone Shredder, Spike Weaver or Spore Frog ((not sure if I need both)), and Jarad's Orders for mana dorks listed in the maybe pile, mana rocks such as Mana Crypt or a Sol Ring, or for Fierce Empath he has 8 targets as of now and a Necromancy.... cuts are tough at this point.
2 weeks ago
Karametra's Acolyte should be in here, since you are so permanent-heavy in this deck. It'd give you another practical copy of Priest of Titania/Elvish Archdruid/Wirewood Channeler.
In similar vein, Regal Force is a Collective Unconscious you can tutor in green, so I'd highly recommend it. My wife absolutely adores Vigor in her Elf Commander deck, as it basically allows her to rule combat as well as protects against Blasphemous Act and other damage-based sweeps.
No Green Sun's Zenith seems like a bad call. You can add Dryad Arbor so you have t1 ramp without a Llanowar Elves, but it also grabs literally any other creature in the deck for their mana cost + 1, which is superb. Fierce Empath should be in here as well, as it'd let you grab Regal Force or Craterhoof for turns you need gas or want to swing for the win.
Also, is there a reason you're running Collective Unconscious over a repeatable draw engine like Slate of Ancestry?
Also, since you're using Ezuri as your Commander and (hopefully will) have Karametra's Acolyte join your force of multi-mana producers, you need to run Umbral Mantle. Generating infinite mana with the Mantle is good for your deck since your Commander is an infinite mana sink- simply untap all of your creatures and swing for 10k/10k on each creature, etc..
Cards I believe you could drop pretty easily:
Glistener Elf. You're not an infect deck, and having 1 creature that deals a completely different type of damage from all of your other creatures is a horrible idea. If he's big enough to kill someone on his own, you most likely landed Craterhoof or Coat of Arms, which means he is dwarfed by the rest of your army anyway (so he's either worthless of win more, is what I'm saying). Triumph of the Hordes is a little different as it turns all of your creatures into an infect-dealing army, but again, no synergy with Glistener Elf. You can do better than this card, really.
Elvish Soultiller is pretty awful. I would just run Eldrazi Monument which, for the same mana cost, prevents your creatures from dying to begin with, rather than shuffling them into your library and hoping for them later since you don't have reliable sac outlets.
Mul Daya Channelers is pretty mediocre. A Fyndhorn Elder that may not even produce mana when you need it (+3/+3 is hardly anything in Commander)- you can do a lot better with Fierce Empath or Green Sun's Zenith in that slot, I believe (Zenith would allow you to go get Priest of Titania for the same cost as Mul Daya Channelers, while you could pay 1 extra mana and get Archdruid to give +1/+1 to four or more creatures, eclipsing Channeler's +3 buff).
I'd pick either one or the other in Aetherflux or Helix Pinnacle. They don't play well with one another (so if you draw the other while playing, one of the two cards is completely dead). This would allow you to run another tutor, Umbral Mantle, Regal Force, etc., in the slot so you could more reliably win via Ezuri or find the combo piece to begin with in the case of Regal Force.
2 weeks ago
Mana ramp can be important and you may find it works for you, but I find with Ruric, it's best to obsessively run as many creatures as possible. The trick is to find creatures that can do what you want your nonland cards to do - you have the right idea with the mana dorks and the magus, for instance. I'd try to push it, though, with things like Fierce Empath, Heartwood Storyteller and Krosan Tusker. Arashi, the Sky Asunder and Jiwari, the Earth Aflame are creatures that can be used as removal when needed. Tempting Licid and its brethren can be an aura without Ruric Thar blasting you.
The only noncreature, nonlands cards I'd run are things like Domri Rade or Call of the Wild. Once you have enough of a density of creatures, Garruk's Horde, Vizier of the Menagerie, Oracle of Mul Daya and Courser of Kruphix can provide great card advantage.
4 weeks ago
Creatures are debatable:
- Bloodspore Thrinax
So, Protean Hulk was just unbanned. He goes infinite with a sac outlet and is a good card overall, definitely can be a backup plan.
Off goes Craterhoof, in goes Hulk. Off goes Woodfal Primus, in goes Fierce Empath. I'm not a fan of it, though, needs to be tested.
1 month ago
- Baru, Fist of Krosa - (Weak effect that can be achieved through Paragon of Eternal Wilds, Gaea's Anthem, Hall of Triumph or Caged Sun. I'm not telling you to trade him for any of those cards, though)
- Nylea's Disciple - (meh)
- Oran-Rief Hydra - Too slow
- Rampaging Baloths - Too slow
- Solemn Simulacrum - Not needed. The only situation it'd be useful would be if you have Birthing Pod hanging around.
- Tireless Tracker - (weak in EDH)
- Yisan, the Wanderer Bard (too slow for Selvala)
- Lightning Greaves (meh. As suggested bellow, Thousand-Year Elixir would be better most of the times)
- Gravity Well (Check my Utility Section)
- Back to Nature and Creeping Corrosion aren't needed. This is a fast deck and your opponent's probably won't have time to build a board big enough for you to need it. You already have Bane of Progress and Wave of Vitriol, there's no need for those.
- The Great Aurora - Works wonders with token-based decks. Not so good in here, even if it's a boardwipe of sorts
- Elemental Bond can be replaced by Garruk's Packleader
- Primeval Bounty is good, but I would make room for some of my suggestions.
Get Selvala online as soon as possible (T2):
- Sword of the Paruns - (You just need a creature with power 4 or greater and you have infinte mana. Same goes with Umbral Mantle)
- Great Oak Guardian - (it might also work as a finisher)
- Wirewood Lodge - (a must have)
- Thousand-Year Elixir - pseudo-haste and neat untapping
- Seeker of Skybreak, Quirion Ranger or Scryb Ranger.
- Quest for Renewal for the extra mana every turn.
- Genesis Wave - Also ramps
- Genesis Hydra - Doesn't ramp, but gives you a body
- Nessian Game Warden - Nets you an extra creature
- Fierce Empath - Tutors your big guns.
- Wild Pair - 2 for 1 most of your creatures.
- Woodland Bellower - Does not get legendary creatures, but it should be ok.
- Boundless Realms - Getting rid of the lands in the deck so you can draw better stuff.
- Pathbreaker Ibex
- Overwhelming Stampede
- Dragon Throne of Tarkir
- If you have access to infinte mana Walking Ballista or its cousin Goblin Cannon (yes, you can activate it multiple times before it explodes)
- Silklash Spider
- Glissa Sunseeker
- Newly Spoiled Sandwurm Convergence
- Mosswort Bridge
- Abundance (prevents you from losing to mill and also makes sure you'll never be mana flooded or mana screwed)
- Primal Surge might be fun, but would require you to tone down on instant/sorceries