Council's dilemma - Starting with you, each player votes for wild or free. Reveal cards from the top of your library until you reveal a creature card for each wild vote. Put those creature cards onto the battlefield, then shuffle the rest into your library. You may put a permanent card from your hand onto the battlefield for each free vote.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Selvala's Stampede Discussion
2 weeks ago
You have a lot of stompyness so Selvala's Stampede can be very fun in there as well.. Especially with that higher CMC overall... The most common complaint of that card is; why wouldn't every player vote: Free & empty your hand out... Sisay's search ability can make that into a huge dilemma though, since everyone can see that eldrazi, titan, etc... you just searched in preparation for the stampede to be cast.
2 weeks ago
Sandsteppe Mastodon sims a bit lackluster to me, even if it does have reach. What about running one or two Terastodon instead? Or at least consider it for the SB. It would help you deal with threats like utility lands, enchantments, artifacts, etc.
You could also probably use some more ramp? Possibly increase the number of 1-drop mana dorks. Since it's a more casual deck, Selvala's Stampede would be fun as well.
3 weeks ago
The lands are looking pretty good at the moment, though you're deck looks to be slower, so even if you don't have them right now, I would consider the Pain Lands or other lands that can come in untapped. As for the creatures, one thing I would recommend as a game closer if you don't mind infect is Blightsteel Colossus. Also consider the Eldrazi Titans of Ulamog and Kozilek (the old ones with Annihilator) cause they can combo with It That Betrays. Pathrazer of Ulamog also works in the same vein. Out of curiosity, why do you run Cataclysmic Gearhulk? You have to also consider that sometimes you will have to hard cast your big creatures, and if you do it with that Gearhulk, you are seriously hurting yourself as well. Consider maybe putting Champion of Rhonas into the deck since he is another way to cheat things into play. Also, you could replace Asceticism with Privileged Position, and Inferno Titan with Magmatic Force. These are usually more expensive, so it's your choice. Also for mana ramp and card draw, consider Selvala, Heart of the Wilds. Also 2 more cards that are nuts in decks like this are Tooth and Nail and Selvala's Stampede
1 month ago
Brilliant Ultimatum and Seek the Horizon aren't very good cards, i think you would do just fine without them.
Currently, your deck is all powerful fatties, but it lacks a supporting shell around them: Cards that cheat creatures into play (Elvish Piper, Garruk, Caller of Beasts, Selvala's Stampede), cards that benefit from them (Rishkar's Expertise, Chandra's Ignition), cards that interact with the opposition (Austere Command, Cyclonic Rift, Ashen Rider) and cards that protect you from bad things (Swan Song, Stubborn Denial) seem like they would be helpful.
1 month ago
- Hymn of the Wilds (this card sucks in multiplayer. Every deck needs its instants and sorceries)
- Daretti, Ingenious Iconoclast gold cards should fit an archetype or just be good, and this doesnt fit either category
- Ghost Council of Orzhova pretty bad actually
- Figure of Destiny I think your initial impression was right. Lets scrap it
- Magister of Worth white has enough wrath effects
- Tidehollow Strix no comment
- Arlinn Kord Flip I think Xenagos is better based on how the archetypes are shaping up
- Surrak Dragonclaw I think Maelstrom Wanderer fits the archetypes in temur better (spells, gruul beats and whatever simic does)
- Brigid, Hero of Kinsbaile discourages attacks, even against other players, which is bad. If we had included Azorius hard control, stax or tax this card would be fine though
- Gustcloak Savior I dont think it does enough
- Herald of the Host Serra Angel isnt good enough for this format
- Kytheon, Hero of Akros Flip pikers arent good enough in this format, and he sucks as a planeswalker I think
- Crescendo of War too slow
- Dusk / Dawn I think that ultimately there wont be a deck that really benefits from this
- Just a general note about white: we have too many pump effects. Lets cut a couple.
- Broodbirth Viper fine if the cube is lower power level, but its quite high now
- Quickling do we have a deck for this card?
- Serendib Efreet this card doesnt match up well against multiple opponents
- Reverse Engineer too narrow
- Should we include a few more morphs so that stratus dancer is less obvious? Maybe Willbender, Thousand Winds and Kheru Spellsnatcher? At least all these cards kick ass in multiplayer.
- Bloodghast only good in one deck, and even then, it requires some setup. I feel Reassembling Skeleton is a better option for the cube.
- Sly Requisitioner too narrow
- Triskaidekaphobia cute but too shitty
- Dark Confidant I realized this card will probably just kill you.
- Phyrexian Metamorph feel kind of stupid for missing this
- Spellskite maybe this sucks, I dunno
- Curse of the Swine
- Kheru Spellsnatcher
- Thousand Winds
- Kalitas, Traitor of Ghet
- Waste Not
- Innocent Blood
- Bloodchief Ascension
- Gray Merchant of Asphodel
- Reassembling Skeleton
I think our next task will be deciding which are the best 50 or so cards in each color from our pool. that should lay the groundwork for deciding which narrow cards (i.e., archetype-specific) cards we should include. Curious to hear your thoughts on cuts/additions!
2 months ago
An overwhelming majority of your creature cards has a high mana cost, you may want to look at ways to cheat them out. I can think of Quicksilver Amulet, Selvala's Stampede, Lurking Predators, Elvish Piper, Kaalia of the Vast, Summoning Trap, Descendants' Path.
I don't see the point of running Primal Surge if your entire deck isn't going to be permanents, but you do you. If you want to keep the deck budget than Zendikar Resurgent is a cheap mana doubler and draw engine. As a Saskia player myself, I like any Saskia deck that I see that isn't the meta aggro or token spam, so I hope you have good luck getting this deck to where it needs to be. Peace brother!
2 months ago
- Baru, Fist of Krosa - (Weak effect that can be achieved through Paragon of Eternal Wilds, Gaea's Anthem, Hall of Triumph or Caged Sun. I'm not telling you to trade him for any of those cards, though)
- Nylea's Disciple - (meh)
- Oran-Rief Hydra - Too slow
- Rampaging Baloths - Too slow
- Solemn Simulacrum - Not needed. The only situation it'd be useful would be if you have Birthing Pod hanging around.
- Tireless Tracker - (weak in EDH)
- Yisan, the Wanderer Bard (too slow for Selvala)
- Lightning Greaves (meh. As suggested bellow, Thousand-Year Elixir would be better most of the times)
- Gravity Well (Check my Utility Section)
- Back to Nature and Creeping Corrosion aren't needed. This is a fast deck and your opponent's probably won't have time to build a board big enough for you to need it. You already have Bane of Progress and Wave of Vitriol, there's no need for those.
- The Great Aurora - Works wonders with token-based decks. Not so good in here, even if it's a boardwipe of sorts
- Elemental Bond can be replaced by Garruk's Packleader
- Primeval Bounty is good, but I would make room for some of my suggestions.
Get Selvala online as soon as possible (T2):
- Sword of the Paruns - (You just need a creature with power 4 or greater and you have infinte mana. Same goes with Umbral Mantle)
- Great Oak Guardian - (it might also work as a finisher)
- Wirewood Lodge - (a must have)
- Thousand-Year Elixir - pseudo-haste and neat untapping
- Seeker of Skybreak, Quirion Ranger or Scryb Ranger.
- Quest for Renewal for the extra mana every turn.
- Genesis Wave - Also ramps
- Genesis Hydra - Doesn't ramp, but gives you a body
- Nessian Game Warden - Nets you an extra creature
- Fierce Empath - Tutors your big guns.
- Wild Pair - 2 for 1 most of your creatures.
- Woodland Bellower - Does not get legendary creatures, but it should be ok.
- Boundless Realms - Getting rid of the lands in the deck so you can draw better stuff.
- Pathbreaker Ibex
- Overwhelming Stampede
- Dragon Throne of Tarkir
- If you have access to infinte mana Walking Ballista or its cousin Goblin Cannon (yes, you can activate it multiple times before it explodes)
- Silklash Spider
- Glissa Sunseeker
- Newly Spoiled Sandwurm Convergence
- Mosswort Bridge
- Abundance (prevents you from losing to mill and also makes sure you'll never be mana flooded or mana screwed)
- Primal Surge might be fun, but would require you to tone down on instant/sorceries
2 months ago
See the Unwritten is awesome, really underrated imo. Oath of Druids is insane, yeah it can help your opponents, but giving us the ability to drop eldrazi or a Blightsteel on t3(which had happened to me) can end a game very quick.
Selvala's Stampede is great as long as you have fatties in hand. Most sane ppl will choose hand. It can be a tad dead when you are low on cards.
Planar Bridge I have gotten one game. It did end it immeadiaty but I haven't seen it otherwise to judge