Council's dilemma - Starting with you, each player votes for wild or free. Reveal cards from the top of your library until you reveal a creature card for each wild vote. Put those creature cards onto the battlefield, then shuffle the rest into your library. You may put a permanent card from your hand onto the battlefield for each free vote.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Selvala's Stampede Discussion
2 weeks ago
An overwhelming majority of your creature cards has a high mana cost, you may want to look at ways to cheat them out. I can think of Quicksilver Amulet, Selvala's Stampede, Lurking Predators, Elvish Piper, Kaalia of the Vast, Summoning Trap, Descendants' Path.
I don't see the point of running Primal Surge if your entire deck isn't going to be permanents, but you do you. If you want to keep the deck budget than Zendikar Resurgent is a cheap mana doubler and draw engine. As a Saskia player myself, I like any Saskia deck that I see that isn't the meta aggro or token spam, so I hope you have good luck getting this deck to where it needs to be. Peace brother!
2 weeks ago
- Baru, Fist of Krosa - (Weak effect that can be achieved through Paragon of Eternal Wilds, Gaea's Anthem, Hall of Triumph or Caged Sun. I'm not telling you to trade him for any of those cards, though)
- Nylea's Disciple - (meh)
- Oran-Rief Hydra - Too slow
- Rampaging Baloths - Too slow
- Solemn Simulacrum - Not needed. The only situation it'd be useful would be if you have Birthing Pod hanging around.
- Tireless Tracker - (weak in EDH)
- Yisan, the Wanderer Bard (too slow for Selvala)
- Lightning Greaves (meh. As suggested bellow, Thousand-Year Elixir would be better most of the times)
- Gravity Well (Check my Utility Section)
- Back to Nature and Creeping Corrosion aren't needed. This is a fast deck and your opponent's probably won't have time to build a board big enough for you to need it. You already have Bane of Progress and Wave of Vitriol, there's no need for those.
- The Great Aurora - Works wonders with token-based decks. Not so good in here, even if it's a boardwipe of sorts
- Elemental Bond can be replaced by Garruk's Packleader
- Primeval Bounty is good, but I would make room for some of my suggestions.
Get Selvala online as soon as possible (T2):
- Sword of the Paruns - (You just need a creature with power 4 or greater and you have infinte mana. Same goes with Umbral Mantle)
- Great Oak Guardian - (it might also work as a finisher)
- Wirewood Lodge - (a must have)
- Thousand-Year Elixir - pseudo-haste and neat untapping
- Seeker of Skybreak, Quirion Ranger or Scryb Ranger.
- Quest for Renewal for the extra mana every turn.
- Genesis Wave - Also ramps
- Genesis Hydra - Doesn't ramp, but gives you a body
- Nessian Game Warden - Nets you an extra creature
- Fierce Empath - Tutors your big guns.
- Wild Pair - 2 for 1 most of your creatures.
- Woodland Bellower - Does not get legendary creatures, but it should be ok.
- Boundless Realms - Getting rid of the lands in the deck so you can draw better stuff.
- Pathbreaker Ibex
- Overwhelming Stampede
- Dragon Throne of Tarkir
- If you have access to infinte mana Walking Ballista or its cousin Goblin Cannon (yes, you can activate it multiple times before it explodes)
- Silklash Spider
- Glissa Sunseeker
- Newly Spoiled Sandwurm Convergence
- Mosswort Bridge
- Abundance (prevents you from losing to mill and also makes sure you'll never be mana flooded or mana screwed)
- Primal Surge might be fun, but would require you to tone down on instant/sorceries
2 weeks ago
See the Unwritten is awesome, really underrated imo. Oath of Druids is insane, yeah it can help your opponents, but giving us the ability to drop eldrazi or a Blightsteel on t3(which had happened to me) can end a game very quick.
Selvala's Stampede is great as long as you have fatties in hand. Most sane ppl will choose hand. It can be a tad dead when you are low on cards.
Planar Bridge I have gotten one game. It did end it immeadiaty but I haven't seen it otherwise to judge
2 weeks ago
2 weeks ago
Carpet of Flowers seems really out of place. Unless your play group has an abnormal amount of mono blue players, you don't usually wanna use cards that focus on hating on a specific land or color type unless it's interchangable (such as Iona, Shield of Emeria). Instead, try for more ramp that isn't dependent on others OR haste enablers.
I'd recommend the following, but of course take them with a grain of salt since I'm not sure what all you're going for lol:
- Garruk Wildspeaker
- Mirari's Wake (if in budget)
- Chromatic Lantern
- Fellwar Stone (in a 3 color deck, it will always get you some color and for 2)
- Kodama's Reach
- Selvala's Stampede (Good back up if you can't resolve Mayael)
- Not of This World (bit of a niche card, but most of your cards cost 7+)
On the opposite side, I'd recommend removing/swapping the following:
- Clan Defiance: In your colors you have access to better (and still affordable removal), plus your focus should be Mayael, ramping, and creature abilities.
- Harmonize: It's not bad, but you don't wanna draw into your creatures.
- Carpet of Flowers: The original reason stated above.
- Quicksilver Amulet: Not a bad alternitve, so not a high priority, but again, focus on Mayael and this could be another creature.
- Arlinn Kord Flip: She just seems... out of place. If you like her, keep her by all means, just seems off. Maybe Xenagos, the Reveler instead?
- Wild Ricochet: I like this card, but it's expensive. Reverberate or Fork will typically do what you want for less mana. If you're having a problem with blue players, try Red Elemental Blast
A friend of mine has a super charged Mayael deck (Mayael's Eldrazi Escapades) that I've been playing against for years. I have a high respect for the deck and hope you have fun with yours, budget or not.
2 weeks ago
Vedalken Orrery will help you get more consistent flips.
Descendants' Path can help cheat werewolves into play.
Budget pending, Sylvan Library is amazing card draw.
Ruric Thar, the Unbowed isn't a wolf but definitely is worth running since he hurts players for casting non-creature spells.
Just a few ideas based on my own experience running werewolves in EDH.
3 weeks ago
MegaMatt13: Thank you, first off for the kind words and the upvote! I have put alot into this deck. I toss back and forth with the pillow fort strategy and I think Gahiji: Forever War is the best example for that strategy. I decided to go the tempo route with the right amount of ramp, top deck manipulation and effective creatures.
Taking a look at your suggestions, I can see possibly adding Selvala's Stampede back into the deck.
Rishkar's Expertise is intriguing, but I think six mana is too steep for what the card offers.
Shamanic Revelation: I do own that card and love it. I'll revisit it and see what it can replace in the 99.
Assemble the Legion: an amazing enchantment that I have never sold and love a lot. My biggest issue is the cost. My five CMC slot is at 7 (not including the commander) and so for an effect that takes time to build, I hestiate to add it in. I will look into re-adding it, if the situation does present itself.
Kazuul, Tyrant of the Cliffs: I really like this ogre legend with is unorthodox ability, but he fall under the same category as Windborn Muse. I like to dabble into different strategies, which why this deck has so many different creatures and unique artifacts in it.
Once again, I appreciate all the insight and will look into the ones I referenced. Thanks!
3 weeks ago
...One more thing. Do you find you have enough card draw? I know you're not in the best card draw colours but green has some solid options. Rishkar's Expertise, and Shamanic Revelation would all be on theme with the deck.
Selvala's Stampede also would be bomb card advantage in here.