Council's dilemma - Starting with you, each player votes for wild or free. Reveal cards from the top of your library until you reveal a creature card for each wild vote. Put those creature cards onto the battlefield, then shuffle the rest into your library. You may put a permanent card from your hand onto the battlefield for each free vote.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Selvala's Stampede Discussion
23 hours ago
You definitely need more Lands (about 38 are required). Then I would add Urza's Incubator and Cards like Kodama's Reach. Wayfarer's Bauble and Explosive Vegetation are nice too. I think Quicksilver Amulet, Belbe's Portal, Selvala's Stampede, See the Unwritten and other cheat-in stuff would be great. Oh and an Avacyn, Angel of Hope would be dope, if you want to spend so much Money. And Archangel Avacyn Flip is nice too.
6 days ago
Just realized I miscounted on my suggestion for the mana elves, sorry about that. Anyways, now that I look at it Priest of Titania was a bad suggestion as I did not really take the time to see how few elves are really in the deck. I'm glad you realized that. It looks like you weeded out the one's you liked from my previous post. I'll try again with some more suggestions that I just thought of...
Glissa Sunseeker -> Caustic Caterpillar/Reclamation Sage/Aura of Silence/Bane of Progress/Nature's Claim. The goal here is not so much the ability to tutor but mana effectiveness and less restrictive. Glissa Sunseeker is a restrictive card in that it requires you to have mana equal to the artifacts CMC and it needs to be able to tap. Any of the aforementioned are going to be better.
P.S. Sylvan Library should really be in this deck lol.
1 week ago
I don't know your budget, but I'll try to make suggestions regardless...
- Forest -> Dryad Arbor. This is always a good idea when you are running Gaea's Cradle.
- More fetch lands! The Khans fetches are not that expensive comparatively to some of the stuff you already have in this deck and the zendikar one's are getting reprinted in MM2. I highly suggest you pick some up.
- Eight-and-a-Half-Tails -> Phyrexian Revoker. Better and more targeted protection. It is not tutorable, but Eight-and-a-Half-Tails doesn't do much to begin with.
- Glissa Sunseeker/Darien, King of Kjeldor/Sigarda, Heron's Grace/Melira, Sylvok Outcast/Myojin of Life's Web -> Arbor Elf/Fyndhorn Elves/Llanowar Elves/Priest of Titania/Birds of Paradise. The aforementioned are just underwhelming as legends, you would just be better off with non-legendary mana accelerators in these spots to ramp you into an early Sisay or a meaningful legend.
- Dragonlord Dromoka -> Dosan the Falling Leaf. Strictly better version of Dromoka due to the significantly lower CMC.
- Rune-Tail, Kitsune Ascendant -> Hope of Ghirapur. Your creatures are mostly giant, so what does this card really do for you? To further the point, one of the first creatures you should be tutoring for is Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite anyways! A lockdown effect is going to do you better in this slot.
- Ghostly Prison -> Sanctum Prelate. Ghostly Prison is mostly a control card for strategies with lower creature counts....you have 38 creatures. Again a card that hinders your opponents is going to be better here.
- Untaidake, the Cloud Keeper -> Ancient Tomb. Less restrictive card that serves the same purpose.
- Explore -> Scavenging Ooze. You should not need as much ramp especially with all of the mana elves I suggested previously. Plus mana elves will be much more consistent than the top of your library, so why not another hoser for your opponents? =]
- Burgeoning -> Eldritch Evolution. You should not need both Burgeoning and Explore and IMO Explore is the better card. Eldritch Evolution is a fantastic tutor that will allow you to get your higher end cards into play quicker.
- Privileged Position -> Green Sun's Zenith. Again you should not need both Asceticism and position. Asceticism is the better card IMO. Adding GSZ adds more consistency to the deck as all tutors do.
- Azusa, Lost but Seeking -> Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger. With 35 lands you are almost never going to be able to consistently use Azusa's ability to it's full effect, so why not add one of the best win con's in the game instead - Eldrazi.
- Selvala's Stampede -> Sylvan Library. You should always have either library or top in your EDH deck unless you have some effect that lets you consistently draw an absurd amount of cards. Selvala's stampede effect seems pretty "meh" for it's CMC.
- Yeva, Nature's Herald -> Grasp of Fate. I do not think Yeva's effect is potent enough to warrant being in this list. One of the best utility cards in the format will do nicely in this spot.
Cards that may be out of your budget...
Idk how competitive your meta is but you could include these combo's...
- Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite + Living Plane
- Paradox Engine + Concordant Crossroads/Thousand-Year Elixir + Aetherflux Reservoir + mana creature + Cloudstone Curio
Hope this helps!
1 week ago
Very nice Dragon take on Xenagos :)
A couple suggestions:
Selvala's Stampede would be absolutely nuts in this deck, spitting out dragons all over the place
Lifecrafter's Bestiary helps you scry for what you need and then gives you a little extra cheap card draw.
Dragon Broodmother helps you where Xenagos can be vulnerable, having blockers. It's a 1/1 dragon on your opponents' upkeeps as well as your own. Later you can sac them for a huge dragon.
For cuts: Yisan is very powerful but not so much in this deck. He would take too long to ramp up to enough verse counters. Your extra haste enablers, Fires of Yavimaya and Hammer of Purphoros are unnecessary. I may keep Dragon Tempest though because of the damage it deals.
Check out my deck: Xenagos: Zookeeper God Less Dragon focused but may still have some inspirations.
2 weeks ago
I playtested your deck a few times and the curve is very high, but with little card draw. I see lots of ramp in your deck but no way to get to it. I only once got a creature out before turn 5. Trim a couple fatties for another enchantment like Elemental Bond or some chumps with benefits. Void Stalker is great for early removal and Fertilid can replace one ramp sorcery with a body. Also, Soul of the Harvest cannot be understated in a creature-heavy elemental deck. Nor can the new Rishkar's Expertise , imagine getting to draw 10 cards and cast one for free...oh the value!
Hope these suggestions help!
3 weeks ago
A friend of mine runs a pretty nasty deck. She uses beast creatures for the most part. She lets them fight with Contested Cliffs before she attacks. Terra Stomper is great for this deck. Also Caller of the Pack is a great card.
have you considered Warstorm Surge?
filkinsmark on GRamp
3 weeks ago
Frankly, did you consider just dropping red altogether with this build?? Only 10 cards? Just a thought