Return all cards from your graveyard to your hand. Exile Praetor's Counsel. You have no maximum hand size for the rest of the game.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Praetor's Counsel Discussion
1 day ago
I keep hearing/reading that people think green has trouble drawing cards. Sure, it can't really compete with blue, and you can certainly argue black comes in second, but green has great card advantage options as well. In my eyes, used correctly, they can be even better than most black tools (with the exceptions of Ad Nauseam and Necropotence which are both insane). I'm not going to go into detail, but just list you some green card advantage: Sylvan Library, Glimpse of Nature, Harmonize, Fecundity, Skullmulcher, Greater Good, Garruk, Primal Hunter, Genesis Wave, Soul of the Harvest, Primordial Sage, Recycle, Regal Force, Shamanic Revelation, Rishkar's Expertise, Praetor's Counsel, Seasons Past, Vizier of the Menagerie. Also, you have access to colorless cards like Mind's Eye, Memory Jar, Skullclamp, Horn of Greed and Slate of Ancestry. Obviously most of those cards require specific circumstances to work, like a high powered creature, a big number of creatures or lots of mana. Just select the ones that fit what your deck is trying to do and test to find the right number.
1 day ago
Seshiro is one of my favorites. Here are some considerations that might fill gaps:
Avoid Fate, Raking Canopy, Seedborn Muse, Snake Umbra, Bear Umbra, Frontier Siege, Stonehoof Chieftain, Hall of Gemstone, Skullwinder, Praetor's Counsel, Seed the Land, Endless Swarm, Zendikar Resurgent, Shamanic Revelation, Snake Pit, Rhonas's monument, Nylea, God of the Hunt and/or Rhonas the Indomitable.
Forests are a risky Gauntlet to give out, maybe downgrade to Caged Sun if meta is heavy green.
Haven't used Mouth / Feed yet but probably a decent source of cards.
1 week ago
- Baru, Fist of Krosa - (Weak effect that can be achieved through Paragon of Eternal Wilds, Gaea's Anthem, Hall of Triumph or Caged Sun. I'm not telling you to trade him for any of those cards, though)
- Nylea's Disciple - (meh)
- Oran-Rief Hydra - Too slow
- Rampaging Baloths - Too slow
- Solemn Simulacrum - Not needed. The only situation it'd be useful would be if you have Birthing Pod hanging around.
- Tireless Tracker - (weak in EDH)
- Yisan, the Wanderer Bard (too slow for Selvala)
- Lightning Greaves (meh. As suggested bellow, Thousand-Year Elixir would be better most of the times)
- Gravity Well (Check my Utility Section)
- Back to Nature and Creeping Corrosion aren't needed. This is a fast deck and your opponent's probably won't have time to build a board big enough for you to need it. You already have Bane of Progress and Wave of Vitriol, there's no need for those.
- The Great Aurora - Works wonders with token-based decks. Not so good in here, even if it's a boardwipe of sorts
- Elemental Bond can be replaced by Garruk's Packleader
- Primeval Bounty is good, but I would make room for some of my suggestions.
Get Selvala online as soon as possible (T2):
- Sword of the Paruns - (You just need a creature with power 4 or greater and you have infinte mana. Same goes with Umbral Mantle)
- Great Oak Guardian - (it might also work as a finisher)
- Wirewood Lodge - (a must have)
- Thousand-Year Elixir - pseudo-haste and neat untapping
- Seeker of Skybreak, Quirion Ranger or Scryb Ranger.
- Quest for Renewal for the extra mana every turn.
- Genesis Wave - Also ramps
- Genesis Hydra - Doesn't ramp, but gives you a body
- Nessian Game Warden - Nets you an extra creature
- Fierce Empath - Tutors your big guns.
- Wild Pair - 2 for 1 most of your creatures.
- Woodland Bellower - Does not get legendary creatures, but it should be ok.
- Boundless Realms - Getting rid of the lands in the deck so you can draw better stuff.
- Pathbreaker Ibex
- Overwhelming Stampede
- Dragon Throne of Tarkir
- If you have access to infinte mana Walking Ballista or its cousin Goblin Cannon (yes, you can activate it multiple times before it explodes)
- Silklash Spider
- Glissa Sunseeker
- Newly Spoiled Sandwurm Convergence
- Mosswort Bridge
- Abundance (prevents you from losing to mill and also makes sure you'll never be mana flooded or mana screwed)
- Primal Surge might be fun, but would require you to tone down on instant/sorceries
2 weeks ago
I have been tweaking it for a little while now. Getting the mana is a good spot was probably the hardest part. I was running signets then I changed to more lands then I changed it to enchantments. And the enchantments seem to be working the best at 36 lands. I never ran any of the other praetor cards because I just wanted it to be low creature planeswalker centered. I chose Yawgmoth's Will over Praetor's Counsel because it was just much more mana efficient. This is also my "fun for the table" deck. I have Dirty Ol' Leovold if there are people around that want to play cut throat.
2 weeks ago
2 months ago
Have you considered Undead Alchemist, Withered Wretch, or ways to exile graveyards? Every single color has ways to recur and abuse milled cards, think Praetor's Counsel, Mizzix's Mastery, Living Death, any Black reanimation spell, et cetera. Your meta may have none of that, tho. My Graveyard Factory started like yours, but I eventually decided I only wanted to mill myself (it's faster).
2 months ago
rob89 i have a Sachi Commander if you wanna see it Shaman's rage) quite a long time and i can say its my favorite one, that infinite combo looks pretty nice but i recomend put Primal Surge and cut instants and sorceries and put creatures to do the work like Silklash Spider, Stonehoof Chieftain or Wild Beastmaster, Winter Orb can make you win games easily in the late game you don't need lands anymore and you can stop other players to cast spells also Praetor's Counsel helps a lot when plays destroy al creatures spells