Return all cards from your graveyard to your hand. Exile Praetor's Counsel. You have no maximum hand size for the rest of the game.
Price & Acquistion
Praetor's Counsel Discussion
3 days ago
Garruks is actually good in jodah walkers because it only costs 5.
As far as crawler goes, just play an actual mana rock. Creatures are the easiest type of permanent to deal with, so keeping good abilities on enchantments or artifacts is always preferable. I'd suggest Coalition Relic.
Oath of Gideon and oath of have isn't really that good to be honest;I wouldn't run them.
There should never be a point in time The Chain Veil should do damage to you, never. There should always be at least one walker in play.
While I understand the expense in this cards they are worth it and if say vital to the deck. Walker decks are expensive because they all required cards that are hard to find and aren't reprint heavy. Trust me nothing feels better than to pay two Mana for a second Teferi, Hero of Dominaria emblem.
As far as cutting the lands and you never finding them two things
- Draw all the cards you can with your walkers, this allows you to see more cards in a game meaning you get to land more frequently.
2.Your land base has to get better. Use ManaBaseCrafter to find all the cheap fetches and cheap NAMED dual lands. You always want lands that have plains, swamp, island, forest, and mountain so that they are easily tutored. Also I know they are expensive but shock lands and fetches are your friends in 5c.
1 week ago
Maybe a Sequestered Stash or two, to help find and recover your Helix?
2 weeks ago
I'm working on a Borborygmos Enraged EDH list and got quite a bit of inspiration from this deck. I've found a few cards that you might get some value out of in this deck in my deck building process.
Insurrection is an excellent win-con in multi-player EDH games. Successfully casting this card can often just end the game right there.
Praetor's Counsel gives you an infinite hand size for the rest of the game and puts your whole graveyard in your hand. That's incredibly valuable when you have 20+ cards in your graveyard.
Decimate is a really solid piece of removal.
The rest of my recommendations are lands, since part of the theme of my deck is "lands matters".
Glacial Chasm can let you sit behind a wall for a few turns while you build up your army.
Terrain Generator can help you drop some of those basics onto the battle field a bit quicker.
Best part of all of these is they are fetch-able by much of your land search cards, giving you a "toolbox" to pull some great abilities from.
4 weeks ago
I've been fiddling around with a Jodah deck, and I really like Sorin, Grim Nemesis.
1 month ago
- Worldspine Wurm
- Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger
- Sandwurm Convergence
- Praetor's Counsel
- Akroma's Memorial
- Warstorm Surge
- Avenger of Zendikar
- Chromatic Lantern
- Dragonmaster Outcast
- Multani, Yavimaya's Avatar
- Greenwarden of Murasa
- Hour of Promise
- Creeping Renaissance
- Ranger's Path
- Second Harvest
- Nylea, God of the Hunt
- Undergrowth Champion
- Farhaven Elf
1 month ago
From your description in the EDH forum thread it sounds like your group isn't playing enough mass disruption to break up board states. Your commander is indestructible, less than a fifth of your deck is creatures and only half of them really matter beyond ETBs, you're set up to play wrath heavy. Wrath of God, Austere Command, Winds of Rath, Day of Judgment, and Rout are crazy efficient in multiplayer. In you have enough answers to spot-exile/disenchant problem targets that you don't need to crack yourself with more broad/powerful wipes like Hour of Devastation or Hallowed Burial.
I know wraths are scary when you're coming from another format, but this is multiplayer against decks built to go long and you control when/if you play them. Quarantine Field would cost to hit a single target for each of 3 players, Wrath hits every single one of their creatures for half that and gets around shroud/hexproof.
Beyond that, here's some suggestions for threats and cuts. There's a lot so I'll hold back on justifying them unless asked.
- Summer Bloom < Explore - A card like this needs to replace itself with a draw. Chance of Summer Bloom being a dead/inefficient draw at any given point in the game is too high
- Zendikar Resurgent < Mirari's Wake - You don't have many cast triggers for creatures, tokens will benefit from the buff
- Awakening < Brave the Sands / Radiant Destiny / Sight of the Scalelords - Better that your creatures just have vigilance than giving everyone on the table a free Seedborn Muse
- Oath of the Ancient Wood < Ancestral Mask / Ethereal Armor
- Restock < Greenwarden of Murasa / Eternal Witness / Praetor's Counsel
- Rampant Growth < Kodama's Reach / Cultivate / Nature's Lore / Three Visits - The first two are coveted for giving you two cards for one, if you wanna stay with the lower CMC the latter two can hit Savannah, Canopy Vista, or Temple Garden if you ever pick one up
- Nyx-Fleece Ram
- Helix Pinnacle - Cute, but a complete dead draw in terms of impact on board state, and impotent in a vacuum. You can win for less than = 101, and yes that includes an optimal situation with mana doubles and effects like Awakening
- Kismet / Blind Obedience - You've said they're filler, which they pretty much are if you aren't building around them
- Words of Wilding / Words of Worship - You're way too concerned about decking out. If the cards you're drawing are less helpful than a 2/2 or 5 life you need to cut those cards
That's a lot of words, I hope you find some of them helpful!
1 month ago
I'm thinking of going up to 45-48. Burgeoning is awesome. Oracle of Mul Dai is awesome. Azusa? I have maybe 1-2 more lands to drop by the time she comes out. If I played something like Praetor's Counsel maybe I would see a more consistent return. That, or I've been lucky/unlucky.
2 months ago
well, what i do with mine is a Library of Leng with a Insidious Dreams, so if i have any of the epics in hand i can return them to the deck. When you rearrange your deck and hellcarver demon, consider Praetor's Counsel to be one of the 6, since you can return all the permanents and cards in hand now in graveyard due to the demon, add em up in your hand for the green and black epic effects, plus no hand size helps when you cant play play spells.