|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Modern Masters 2017 Edition||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Creatures you control get +1/+1.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Gaea's Anthem Discussion
9 hours ago
You are off to a great start on a fun looking deck! Since your "tribe" has little in common besides being all creatures I would add in some "anthem" styled pump spells like Dictate of Heliod, Collective Blessing, Marshal's Anthem, Spear of Heliod, Gaea's Anthem, and Glorious Anthem. After that I was looking at your mana base. I know you are interested in making the deck as close to 100% on-theme as possible.... but I think you should add in a bunch of 5c mana rocks like Astral Cornucopia, Chromatic Lantern, Coalition Relic, Darksteel Ingot, Cryptolith Fragment Flip, Commander's Sphere, Manalith, Vessel of Endless Rest, and Cultivator's Caravan to help you cast some spells before you die to mana screw. Especially with a mana base of all basics, some colorless mana fixing seems crucial. Happy gathering!!
2 days ago
My idea with Skysnare Spider and Sentinel Spider is on power. Those are powerful creatures to keep attackers away but I think Kessig Recluses keep them away better because deathtouch. Like those cheap Deadly Recluse is worked fine.
3 days ago
I think there are a few cards to reconsider. For example, Raking Canopy and Needle Storm are cards that damage flying creatures. Either you know that you're facing a deck full of aggressive fliers, or these cards could sit quite dead in your hand. On top of that, every spider has reach, so you can block flying creatures. Instead of Raking Canopy you could consider Gaea's Anthem to buff up your creatures and have a bigger chance of surviving a block against both fliers and non-fliers.
I would probably cut the Skysnare Spiders because their cost is the same as that of Arachnus Spinner except the spinner has higher toughness and a free tap the spider for a free enchantment effect. The second Skysnare Spider and maybe even the Sentinel Spider could be switched out for more Kessig Recluses. The vigilance is nice to have of course, but it is up to you to decide whether it trumps the deathtouch.
Consider also Cryptolith Rite if you want to get more mana out of your creatures, this can also help get you to pay the cost for Ishkanah, Grafwidow's burn effect if you either have too little lands or lack a source of black.
1 week ago
-1 Desecration Elemental (this card is bad)
-1 Bad Moon (you don't have enough creatures for this to actually help you)
-1 From Under the Floorboards (you have no ways to enable the madness and it's a subpar spell otherwise)
+1 Army of The Dammed (if you want a token maker, hard to beat this. You can also mill it when you don't want it and flash it back later)
-1 Mutilate (10 swamps aren't enough to make this card worth it)
1 week ago
Hello! I think you should find a place for such cards as Gaea's Anthem, Obelisk of Urd, Metallic Mimic and Adaptive Automaton. This is a tribal Elvish deck so you need to boost your creatures. Prowess of the Fair is also a good card for tokens sub-theme.
3 weeks ago
1 month ago
My favorite pump spells you aren't running for this deck are Gaea's Anthem, Captain's Claws, Quietus Spike, Empyrial Plate, Sword of the Animist, Beastmaster Ascension and Pathbreaker Ibex. You can also get a lot of millage out of Kessig Cagebreakers, usually the deck ends up with a bunch of dead 1/1 critters in the yard by the 6th or so turn. Happy gathering!
1 month ago
- Baru, Fist of Krosa - (Weak effect that can be achieved through Paragon of Eternal Wilds, Gaea's Anthem, Hall of Triumph or Caged Sun. I'm not telling you to trade him for any of those cards, though)
- Nylea's Disciple - (meh)
- Oran-Rief Hydra - Too slow
- Rampaging Baloths - Too slow
- Solemn Simulacrum - Not needed. The only situation it'd be useful would be if you have Birthing Pod hanging around.
- Tireless Tracker - (weak in EDH)
- Yisan, the Wanderer Bard (too slow for Selvala)
- Lightning Greaves (meh. As suggested bellow, Thousand-Year Elixir would be better most of the times)
- Gravity Well (Check my Utility Section)
- Back to Nature and Creeping Corrosion aren't needed. This is a fast deck and your opponent's probably won't have time to build a board big enough for you to need it. You already have Bane of Progress and Wave of Vitriol, there's no need for those.
- The Great Aurora - Works wonders with token-based decks. Not so good in here, even if it's a boardwipe of sorts
- Elemental Bond can be replaced by Garruk's Packleader
- Primeval Bounty is good, but I would make room for some of my suggestions.
Get Selvala online as soon as possible (T2):
- Sword of the Paruns - (You just need a creature with power 4 or greater and you have infinte mana. Same goes with Umbral Mantle)
- Great Oak Guardian - (it might also work as a finisher)
- Wirewood Lodge - (a must have)
- Thousand-Year Elixir - pseudo-haste and neat untapping
- Seeker of Skybreak, Quirion Ranger or Scryb Ranger.
- Quest for Renewal for the extra mana every turn.
- Genesis Wave - Also ramps
- Genesis Hydra - Doesn't ramp, but gives you a body
- Nessian Game Warden - Nets you an extra creature
- Fierce Empath - Tutors your big guns.
- Wild Pair - 2 for 1 most of your creatures.
- Woodland Bellower - Does not get legendary creatures, but it should be ok.
- Boundless Realms - Getting rid of the lands in the deck so you can draw better stuff.
- Pathbreaker Ibex
- Overwhelming Stampede
- Dragon Throne of Tarkir
- If you have access to infinte mana Walking Ballista or its cousin Goblin Cannon (yes, you can activate it multiple times before it explodes)
- Silklash Spider
- Glissa Sunseeker
- Newly Spoiled Sandwurm Convergence
- Mosswort Bridge
- Abundance (prevents you from losing to mill and also makes sure you'll never be mana flooded or mana screwed)
- Primal Surge might be fun, but would require you to tone down on instant/sorceries