|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Journey into Nyx||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Hall of Triumph
As Hall of Triumph enters the battlefield, choose a color.
Creatures you control of the chosen color get +1/+1
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (14)||Ashy , Tiddilywinkus , ecurps , saj0219 , Swamy , geazykagar , accioali , Grantley91 , Regulus1010 , golgarigirl , the.beanpole , DudeMan1031 , HR19 , acbooster|
Hall of Triumph Discussion
1 week ago
- Archer: Greatbow Doyen
- Artifact: Chief of the Foundry, Etherium Sculptor, Foundry Inspector, Master of Etherium, Tempered Steel
- Chicken (Unset): Chicken a la King
- Defender: Stalwart Shield-Bearers, Wakestone Gargoyle, Assault Formation
- Donkey (Unset): Assquatch
- Flanking: Cavalry Master, Telim'Tor
- Flying: Favorable Winds, Sprite Noble, Thunderclap Wyvern
- Fungus: Pallid Mycoderm, Thelon of Havenwood
- Infect: Hand of the Praetors
- Kavu: Kavu Monarch
- Minion: Balthor the Defiled
- Modular: Arcbound Overseer
- Scarecrow: Reaper King
- Trample: Stonebrow, Krosan Hero
1 week ago
Lightning Greaves should be in there. i would personally take out veridian longbow for it. i feel like you need some more ways to possibly pull creatures out from your grave maybe throw Meren of Clan Nel Toth tutor it and slap a greaves or swiftfoot boots on her or Palace Siege and Necromantic Summons. a really good card draw one is Deathreap Ritual. you also could really use mana ramp you can use Cultivate, Nature's Lore, Rampant Growth, Peregrination, Kodama's Reach are some. a few others that are good Tempt with Discovery and Collective Voyage. Pox is a fun one in decks like this.Liliana Vess is good for hand disruption and tutoring.Bad Moon, Gaea's Anthem, Hall of Triumph for counters , Seal of the Guildpactcheaper cost, Bow of Nylea, Caged Sun would be good also. just some things to think about. like the deck looks fun.
2 weeks ago
You've got 2 Sunspear Shikari listed here.
One of my personal favorite, but under valued cards, is Dragon Throne of Tarkir. It can work well with voltron-y token decks like this.
Aside from all that, IMO, you've got a lot of land for a pretty low curve. On the otherhand, you don't have much in the way of mana rocks so 41 lands may be a good idea. :P
Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx likes mono colored decks with lots of devotion.
I am kinda iffy about Sigil of the Empty Throne in this. If you can get out, you've only got 8 other cards that could trigger it and it doesn't make cats.
To bad Knight of the White Orchid isn't a 'cat.' :/
on Myth Mortals
1 month ago
Mentor of the Meek would actually benefit you in this deck since the bulk of your creatures would fit into its triggered ability. It would also give you the chance to draw cards, and that is one of the most important tools to have at your disposal in a game based mostly on chance. Launch the Fleet could be easily replaced by Spectral Procession also. For three white mama you can have three 1/1 fliers as opposed to having to attack with three creatures, paying three mana, and creating three non-fliers. Banishing Light and the cards that are similar, are all good, but Path to Exile has no stipulations to it. Path to Exile has a negative effect, giving an opponent mana, but exiling a creature for one mana as an instant makes up for the negative effect. Honor of the Pure could replace Hall of Triumph since the majority of your creature spells are white to begin with. It's a cheaper card to cast as well. Godsend may be fun to try out in this deck as well. Since this is your first deck, you probably don't want to change too much of its focus, rather than just improve on it as time goes. So, that's really the only additives I have for you.
1 month ago
Added Door of Destinies and removed Hall of Triumph.I really like how out of control Coat of Arms can get with this deck and would like to keep it. If it does start helping opponents more than me I may swap it for Hall of Triumph. Thanks for the suggestion with Door. That is an awesome card for this type deck.
2 months ago
The most powerful thing the zombie tribe has going for it are all the lords. Its what makes a few 2/2 tokens into a scary horde of death. There are ones that pump black creatures and ones that pump zombies to choose from. Some are cheaper than others but these are all around 3$ and under: Hall of Triumph, Bad Moon, Ascendant Evincar, Cemetery Reaper, Metallic Mimic, Paragon of Open Graves
In my experience with using this commander, having too many cards that just recycle dead creatures should be unnecessary with this deck. The whole point of using this commander is that it does that job pretty well already. I would just use a couple of the best.
Personally I found River Kelpie, Secrets of the Dead and Necromancer's Stockpile underwhelming and ineffective in actual gameplay. Almost anything that just normal draws cards is better than them. Graveborn Muse can be such a draw engine you have to kill it after a few turns but its amazing. I also love Curse of Shallow Graves its so great. And lastly, Conspiracy is nuts, it makes it so you can cast any creature from your graveyard and the commander gets pumped from zombie lords then too. Happy gathering!
2 months ago
- Baru, Fist of Krosa - (Weak effect that can be achieved through Paragon of Eternal Wilds, Gaea's Anthem, Hall of Triumph or Caged Sun. I'm not telling you to trade him for any of those cards, though)
- Nylea's Disciple - (meh)
- Oran-Rief Hydra - Too slow
- Rampaging Baloths - Too slow
- Solemn Simulacrum - Not needed. The only situation it'd be useful would be if you have Birthing Pod hanging around.
- Tireless Tracker - (weak in EDH)
- Yisan, the Wanderer Bard (too slow for Selvala)
- Lightning Greaves (meh. As suggested bellow, Thousand-Year Elixir would be better most of the times)
- Gravity Well (Check my Utility Section)
- Back to Nature and Creeping Corrosion aren't needed. This is a fast deck and your opponent's probably won't have time to build a board big enough for you to need it. You already have Bane of Progress and Wave of Vitriol, there's no need for those.
- The Great Aurora - Works wonders with token-based decks. Not so good in here, even if it's a boardwipe of sorts
- Elemental Bond can be replaced by Garruk's Packleader
- Primeval Bounty is good, but I would make room for some of my suggestions.
Get Selvala online as soon as possible (T2):
- Sword of the Paruns - (You just need a creature with power 4 or greater and you have infinte mana. Same goes with Umbral Mantle)
- Great Oak Guardian - (it might also work as a finisher)
- Wirewood Lodge - (a must have)
- Thousand-Year Elixir - pseudo-haste and neat untapping
- Seeker of Skybreak, Quirion Ranger or Scryb Ranger.
- Quest for Renewal for the extra mana every turn.
- Genesis Wave - Also ramps
- Genesis Hydra - Doesn't ramp, but gives you a body
- Nessian Game Warden - Nets you an extra creature
- Fierce Empath - Tutors your big guns.
- Wild Pair - 2 for 1 most of your creatures.
- Woodland Bellower - Does not get legendary creatures, but it should be ok.
- Boundless Realms - Getting rid of the lands in the deck so you can draw better stuff.
- Pathbreaker Ibex
- Overwhelming Stampede
- Dragon Throne of Tarkir
- If you have access to infinte mana Walking Ballista or its cousin Goblin Cannon (yes, you can activate it multiple times before it explodes)
- Silklash Spider
- Glissa Sunseeker
- Newly Spoiled Sandwurm Convergence
- Mosswort Bridge
- Abundance (prevents you from losing to mill and also makes sure you'll never be mana flooded or mana screwed)
- Primal Surge might be fun, but would require you to tone down on instant/sorceries
4 months ago
Honestly, in my opinion I like your build alot. Its got alot of cool cards in it. I like the mixture. Also, I think maybe you take out the swiftfoot boots and put in a artifact that's not an equipment.
Hall of Triumph gives each creature of a certain color +1 +1. That could be a maybe (or a maybeboarder ;)
Just a suggestion.
+1 Upvote from me!