|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Journey into Nyx||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Hall of Triumph
As Hall of Triumph enters the battlefield, choose a color.
Creatures you control of the chosen color get +1/+1
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (13)||Ashy , accioali , Tiddilywinkus , Swamy , Kvothe1115 , ecurps , moonmonster , golgarigirl , Grantley91 , Regulus1010 , the.beanpole , DudeMan1031 , acbooster|
Hall of Triumph Discussion
4 days ago
Mentor of the Meek would actually benefit you in this deck since the bulk of your creatures would fit into its triggered ability. It would also give you the chance to draw cards, and that is one of the most important tools to have at your disposal in a game based mostly on chance. Launch the Fleet could be easily replaced by Spectral Procession also. For three white mama you can have three 1/1 fliers as opposed to having to attack with three creatures, paying three mana, and creating three non-fliers. Banishing Light and the cards that are similar, are all good, but Path to Exile has no stipulations to it. Path to Exile has a negative effect, giving an opponent mana, but exiling a creature for one mana as an instant makes up for the negative effect. Honor of the Pure could replace Hall of Triumph since the majority of your creature spells are white to begin with. It's a cheaper card to cast as well. Godsend may be fun to try out in this deck as well. Since this is your first deck, you probably don't want to change too much of its focus, rather than just improve on it as time goes. So, that's really the only additives I have for you.
1 week ago
Added Door of Destinies and removed Hall of Triumph.I really like how out of control Coat of Arms can get with this deck and would like to keep it. If it does start helping opponents more than me I may swap it for Hall of Triumph. Thanks for the suggestion with Door. That is an awesome card for this type deck.
1 month ago
The most powerful thing the zombie tribe has going for it are all the lords. Its what makes a few 2/2 tokens into a scary horde of death. There are ones that pump black creatures and ones that pump zombies to choose from. Some are cheaper than others but these are all around 3$ and under: Hall of Triumph, Bad Moon, Ascendant Evincar, Cemetery Reaper, Metallic Mimic, Paragon of Open Graves
In my experience with using this commander, having too many cards that just recycle dead creatures should be unnecessary with this deck. The whole point of using this commander is that it does that job pretty well already. I would just use a couple of the best.
Personally I found River Kelpie, Secrets of the Dead and Necromancer's Stockpile underwhelming and ineffective in actual gameplay. Almost anything that just normal draws cards is better than them. Graveborn Muse can be such a draw engine you have to kill it after a few turns but its amazing. I also love Curse of Shallow Graves its so great. And lastly, Conspiracy is nuts, it makes it so you can cast any creature from your graveyard and the commander gets pumped from zombie lords then too. Happy gathering!
1 month ago
- Baru, Fist of Krosa - (Weak effect that can be achieved through Paragon of Eternal Wilds, Gaea's Anthem, Hall of Triumph or Caged Sun. I'm not telling you to trade him for any of those cards, though)
- Nylea's Disciple - (meh)
- Oran-Rief Hydra - Too slow
- Rampaging Baloths - Too slow
- Solemn Simulacrum - Not needed. The only situation it'd be useful would be if you have Birthing Pod hanging around.
- Tireless Tracker - (weak in EDH)
- Yisan, the Wanderer Bard (too slow for Selvala)
- Lightning Greaves (meh. As suggested bellow, Thousand-Year Elixir would be better most of the times)
- Gravity Well (Check my Utility Section)
- Back to Nature and Creeping Corrosion aren't needed. This is a fast deck and your opponent's probably won't have time to build a board big enough for you to need it. You already have Bane of Progress and Wave of Vitriol, there's no need for those.
- The Great Aurora - Works wonders with token-based decks. Not so good in here, even if it's a boardwipe of sorts
- Elemental Bond can be replaced by Garruk's Packleader
- Primeval Bounty is good, but I would make room for some of my suggestions.
Get Selvala online as soon as possible (T2):
- Sword of the Paruns - (You just need a creature with power 4 or greater and you have infinte mana. Same goes with Umbral Mantle)
- Great Oak Guardian - (it might also work as a finisher)
- Wirewood Lodge - (a must have)
- Thousand-Year Elixir - pseudo-haste and neat untapping
- Seeker of Skybreak, Quirion Ranger or Scryb Ranger.
- Quest for Renewal for the extra mana every turn.
- Genesis Wave - Also ramps
- Genesis Hydra - Doesn't ramp, but gives you a body
- Nessian Game Warden - Nets you an extra creature
- Fierce Empath - Tutors your big guns.
- Wild Pair - 2 for 1 most of your creatures.
- Woodland Bellower - Does not get legendary creatures, but it should be ok.
- Boundless Realms - Getting rid of the lands in the deck so you can draw better stuff.
- Pathbreaker Ibex
- Overwhelming Stampede
- Dragon Throne of Tarkir
- If you have access to infinte mana Walking Ballista or its cousin Goblin Cannon (yes, you can activate it multiple times before it explodes)
- Silklash Spider
- Glissa Sunseeker
- Newly Spoiled Sandwurm Convergence
- Mosswort Bridge
- Abundance (prevents you from losing to mill and also makes sure you'll never be mana flooded or mana screwed)
- Primal Surge might be fun, but would require you to tone down on instant/sorceries
2 months ago
Honestly, in my opinion I like your build alot. Its got alot of cool cards in it. I like the mixture. Also, I think maybe you take out the swiftfoot boots and put in a artifact that's not an equipment.
Hall of Triumph gives each creature of a certain color +1 +1. That could be a maybe (or a maybeboarder ;)
Just a suggestion.
+1 Upvote from me!
4 months ago
Dredgar, thanks for the feedback.
I like the enchantment creatures, I like the creature - enchantment interaction, and I like the Erebos-theme. I take life away, while trying to make sure I've got the cards to do so. The ultimate goal is ramping up a nice devotion to Black so I can play the big boys (I'm a Timmy) Gray Merchant of Asphodel and Abhorrent Overlord if even needed at this point. A nice fail safe would be Extinguish All Hope as (at time of writing) 15/24 creatures are enchantment-creatures.The chance of an opponent having them as well are small.
The main thing im trying to achieve here is making sure that along the entire playcurve my cards support each other.The early game enchantment creatures ( Baleful Eidolon, Grim Guardian, Herald of Torment and Master of the Feast) and non creature spells (Sinister Possession, Hall of Triumph, and Whip of Erebos)are there to annoy the opponent with lifeloss, and buff my creatures keeping me alive , while I work my way up to having a nice devotion to Black and making sure i've got the cards to do so (Sign in Blood and Read the Bones, as well as Macabre Waltz and Font of Return)
Looking forward to your feedback (no rush)
4 months ago
Aetherborn are one of my top fave tribes out there now. I really hope Wizards comes back to them in the near future.
I actually just finished a Yahenni commander deck Yahenni, Partisan of the Bulk. I might have to make a casual Aetherborn deck now.
If you want to make the tribe even stronger, might I suggest adding a few more lords: Adaptive Automaton, Brass Herald, Door of Destinies, Obelisk of Urd, Caged Sun, Gauntlet of Power, Hall of Triumph, Paragon of Open Graves are a few good options. I would add Adaptive Automaton since it too becomes an Aetherborn to keep the theme.
Also a few bounce cards wouldn't hurt for Gonti's effect to happen more than once. I saw a really good Gonti commander deck where the deck was created to steal other player's cards and turns. It looked really fun to play, but my days of hunting cards down and buying singles will be over once I finish my rat commander deck.
Hope my advice helps, and have fun.